Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Mercury (D10, Freehold, Fortune)

Quote Originally Posted by chosen1
    really ? how the real story ends then?
    if i were the girl and misquoted like that, i will sue ST for all the money it has....

HOWEVER is the quotes are all true, i would move to UK or Malaysia
    Yes, she can sue, but unless she can prove loss of reputation (ie. she has some reputation to protect that can be quantified in monetary terms), she won't get anything, and will probably be out of pocket from the legal costs. And yes, I think she wrote something on her blog explaining the context in which those words were spoken. Of course, it's up to you whether to believe her or the ST article.

28 out of 67 units sold...Bravo....Bravo....really need to have more people like these.....

Default Not that cheap

Just saw the showroom and these are my opinion.

1. Bedrooms very small - the showroom is not a king sized bed and it's already cramped.
    2. The toilet is not attached to the master bedroom. So stupid right?
    3. The 2nd bedroom looks bigger than the master bedroom. Even more stupid.
    4. Living room so big - dunno who will sleep there
    5. No space for separate washer and dryer. HAVE to buy 2 in 1.
    6. No tennis court and small gym
    7. Road going in is VERY small - good luck driving in
    8. Only ready in mid 2011 - the buildings have not even been torn down yet!

For these design flaws, I will only buy if it's below 700K. Anything above is too exp in this market. I will wait for end of 3rd quarter 2009 to get a value for money unit.

But location is good...

so no sell out story to tell for this project....

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    28 out of 67 units sold...Bravo....Bravo....really need to have more people like these.....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Their location map is so very distorted (as though it is so close to Great World City and also to Ion & Orchard MRT station).

Quote Originally Posted by oxboy99

1. Bedrooms very small - the showroom is not a king sized bed and it's already cramped.

For these design flaws, I will only buy if it's below 700K. Anything above is too exp in this market. I will wait for end of 3rd quarter 2009 to get a value for money unit.

But location is good...

haha! nowadays every project that launches sure get whack by us left right centre... developers are u listening? lower your prices and we won't whack your condos.. hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by oxboy99

But location is good...
    when i was a little boy not so many years back, i remember the lanes there were staging points for orchard-sepang. very tight.

before you buy, look around the area and ask yourself - does this place have growth potential? what is there around the area that can make the locality valuable and fun to live in down the road?

for OA/Esta/TSV, you have katong shopping centre refurb, and katong mall enbloced by CDL, and a new MRT station coming up.

For balmoral, you have the huge plot of land on top of newton MRT, which will become an interchange for the 2105 line

same for buona vista. and to a much much smaller extent, same for lakeside and kallang (although i suspect those projects will be stalled, at least its been announced)

for mercury, you have boon tong kee (hey it rhymes )
    I like to call that stretch mini balestier, where it shares the same traffic congestion of balestier, not close yet not far to town, and lots of shophouses for food. also because you have crap developers that increase the density of an already dense area, parceling airspace to the unsuspecting populace.

same price down the road, go for 2RVG. more exclusive area that feels much better

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    for mercury, you have boon tong kee (hey it rhymes )
    I like to call that stretch mini balestier, where it shares the same traffic congestion of balestier, not close yet not far to town, and lots of shophouses for food.
    my thoughts exactly hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    haha! nowadays every project that launches sure get whack by us left right centre... developers are u listening? lower your prices and we won't whack your condos.. hehehehe
    LL suck thumb... they had their golden period a few yrs back.. now is our turn.

to me i dun think tat is an ideal price.
    the historical price for that area during 2004 /1997 was 800-900psf

Ideal if we all gang together and wait n wait
    Im sure the price will drop even faster

Default Will it sell out???

I'm very interested in this project. I went to the VVIP launch yesterday and there were so many people! Maybe all agents, I dunno.

But I saw a few buying on the spot despite the flaws I mentioned. They dun care or they have extra money to burn, I dunno. The only good thing going for this it is the location.

Bear in mind that the main contractor may not have been tendered yet and with the recession looming, you could end up with slow constrution and completion and crap interiors. That's what happened to me! Why not buy something built during the peak period that is ready to move-in?

But let's see what is the results are after the weekend. Another sold out project like Alexis???

When I went there at 12pm, the penthouse and top floors were already sold!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtink
    so no sell out story to tell for this project....

i read a paper saying tat 10% of the Axis project at Queentown flipped their unit.

Im sure likewise in Mecury.

just for info Studio 3 condo which is beside future mecury is also selling ard this price or lesser.

Is also a FH and abt a yr old

Layout wise i still quite like floorpla; the balcony seems okish for the 2bedder. Study rm actually big enuff to include a single bed. I still cannot understand why master rm is almost the same size as the common rm

Location wise in terms of driving to orchard or cbd very strategic

Price still reasonable but not the lowest, if its $1m or 9XXk might seriously consider

Road leading to shanghai rd is sick.. super narrow plus possibly of illegal car parkers in the evening

Let's those gan cheong spiders rush in then we wait for better deals....

same price down the road, go for 2RVG. more exclusive area that feels much better
    You share my thoughts

I read an article before on those condo ard shanghai road and it said the price over there will hover ard the range because there are many old building ard that area. Thus affecting the price.

Whereas Zenith is diff . it is same as cosompoltian and opp kim seng . Thus when u c ura link for the past transaction. you will realise zenith price is higher than shanghai area.

Just my thoughts

Please don't equate Zenith location with Cosmopolitan location. It is not simply about opposite Great World, it is about your immediate surroundings. At Zenith you can have a great view of 3 room HDB flats and enjoy the smell of char kway teow every day. Good luck to you!

Cosmopolitan is across the road from Leonie Hill Residence. Please don't try and tell me that they should be the same price cos less than 50 metres apart.

Like I said, it is about your immediate surroundings. As well as address.

Aiyah those who are not familiar with prime district locations won't understand one lah. It is not simply about district number.

Just my thoughts and opinions. No need to make a fuss abt it.

Whether zenith or cosomopolatian, Im just quoting an example.
    Cos both are in river valley belt. both are on different side of kim seng
    Those area ,to me will have faster appreciation value . That's all

go to ura.gov.sg web site and check on the past caveat. will understand what I meant

FYI

70% sold .
    Got this infor from an agent

This does not mean all these unit absorbed by market. Not surprise that many of the sold units will become resale units in the market very soon. So should be consider 100% sold...?

No need to rush , the game has just started , still long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    FYI

70% sold .
    Got this infor from an agent

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    Please don't equate Zenith location with Cosmopolitan location. It is not simply about opposite Great World, it is about your immediate surroundings. At Zenith you can have a great view of 3 room HDB flats and enjoy the smell of char kway teow every day. Good luck to you!

Cosmopolitan is across the road from Leonie Hill Residence. Please don't try and tell me that they should be the same price cos less than 50 metres apart.

Like I said, it is about your immediate surroundings. As well as address.

Aiyah those who are not familiar with prime district locations won't understand one lah. It is not simply about district number.
    exactly! was about to post the same sentiment.

if potential mecury buyers like tight roads and dense living, they should look at the river valley grove and adjacent lanes area. you can technically stroll to ngee ann city when bored. and it's the same PSF as mecury

exactly! was about to post the same sentiment.

if potential mecury buyers like tight roads and dense living, they should look at the river valley grove and adjacent lanes area. you can technically stroll to ngee ann city when bored. and it's the same PSF as mecury
    hi guys

its me reading all updates from manhattan ..... will be back in spore next week

Any update on Mercury, last update was 70% sold...?

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/St...ry_347025.html

March 7, 2009 Saturday

Fairly brisk sales for new condos

Attractive prices draw buyers to entry-level and mid-priced projects

By Fiona Chan, Property Reporter

THE show-flat crowd - that rarest of species these days - has been lured back into the market by two new developments that held soft launches this week.

Hundreds of people turned up at the Double Bay Residences showroom in Simei when its doors opened for a private preview yesterday.

Developer UOL Group said more than 80 units have been sold so far, at an average price of $600 per sq ft (psf) to $650 psf. The development's six retail units have all been sold as well.

Chief operating officer Liam Wee Sin noted that the response was strong ahead of the 99-year leasehold condominium's official launch next weekend.

UOL has so far released 250 of the 646 units in Double Bay for sale. One-bedroom units in the Simei Street 4 project start from $420,000, while four-bedders cost at least $930,000.

The crowds were also out for The Mercury in Shanghai Road, which was said to be more than 60 per cent sold since it started previews on Thursday.

The 67-unit freehold project is priced from about $1,040 psf. One-bedroom units at the River Valley estate start from $740,000, while two-bedders are going for about $1.1 million.

The fairly brisk sales for these projects come on the heels of a few successful launches recently, which appear to have boosted sentiment in the badly battered property market.

Last month, Frasers Centrepoint said it sold over 300 units in three days at its Caspian condominium in Jurong. To date, over 500 of the 712 units have been sold.

Caspian's success was mirrored at The Alexis in Alexandra Road, which sold out within a few days of its preview.

Property consultants say the main draw for these projects is their attractive prices, which, at well under $1 million, are affordable for HDB upgraders. Even mid-tier projects such as The Alexis and The Mercury feature smaller units to offset their higher per square foot prices.

'These days, it looks like the total quantum of price is more important than the price per square foot,' said Knight Frank director of research and consultancy Nicholas Mak. 'In some areas, prices have come down 20 per cent to 30 per cent from the peak, and there are probably people who see these buys as good bargains.'

Still, most of the sales activity are confined to the entry-level and mid-priced market. High-end projects are still facing a very challenging time, consultants say.

And while transactions are being steadily chalked up, there remain clear signs that not everything is fine and dandy in this economic recession.

At The Mercury, for instance, agents marketing the project said they had expected it to be fully sold within one day.

In Toh Tuck Road, off Upper Bukit Timah, boutique developer Hiap Hoe was said to have sold only a handful of units in The Beverly condominium, although news reports said more than 300 people turned up for its launch last weekend.

Hiap Hoe released 31 of the 118 units at an average price of $750 psf. The apartments are a bit bigger than average, starting from 1,120 sq ft for the smallest two-

bedroom units, which translates into somewhat higher prices per unit.

The developer is also not offering the interest absorption scheme for The Beverly, which was on offer for the Caspian and The Alexis and is available for Double Bay and The Mercury.

Under the scheme, buyers who take out a loan immediately on purchase pay only a down payment and defer remaining instalments until the project is finished.

Mr Liam of UOL, however, said more of Double Bay's buyers opted for the normal payment schemes rather than taking up interest absorption.

The buyers so far have been a mixed bag - HDB upgraders, private home owners and owner-occupiers, and investors.

On the whole, the smaller units have proven more popular, he said, underscoring the importance of affordability. But he said an 'encouraging' sign was that buyers were also going for units on higher floors, which are more expensive.

'We are seeing a flight to quality,' he told The Straits Times. 'If the price is within their budget, they will gun for the better units and the higher floors.'

[email protected]

Default Any updates?

I heard this development is fully sold. Is that true? Any units still available?

I dun mind if it's $1k psf with IAS and stamp duty absorbtion and another 5% discount.

It is recession you know...

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...26100,00.html?

Published March 31, 2009

Far East sells 97 units of Mi Casa over past week

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) Here's yet more evidence that there's still demand for attractively priced condos in the mass-market segment. Property tycoon Ng Teng Fong's Far East Organization has sold 97 units at its Mi Casa condo near Choa Chu Kang MRT Station since it began sales last week.

Mi Casa: Located near Choa Chu Kang MRT Station, the 457-unit 99-year leasehold condo has an average price of $625 psf. Buyers who wish to opt for an interest absorption scheme will have to pay 3% more

The 99-year leasehold condo has an average price of $625 per square foot. Buyers who wish to opt for an interest absorption scheme will have to pay 3 per cent more.

The 457-unit condo is being developed on a plot along Choa Chu Kang Drive which is diagonally opposite Lot One mall.

In a news release last night, Far East said Mi Casa is the first new private condo project in the Choa Chu Kang town centre in eight years and offers an 'attractive value proposition' to HDB upgraders and private home owners in the area.

Upgraders accounted for 80 per cent of Mi Casa's buyers. A number of buyers also own landed homes in the area and bought units at Mi Casa for investment and for their children, according to Far East. Mi Casa also drew some foreign buyers (such as China nationals and Malaysians).

Far East Organization unit Tian Hock Properties bought the Mi Casa site at a state tender in May last year for $116.01 million or $203 per square foot per plot ratio.

Over at the Balestier Road area, City Developments is understood to have sold another 30 units between Friday and Sunday at The Arte at Thomson freehold condo.

This brings total sales in the project to nearly 90 units. The 336-unit project, which will comprise two 36-storey blocks, is being offered at an average sellling price of about $880-890 psf.

At Somerville Road, boutique developer HLH Group has sold eight of the total 25 units at its D'Almira condo since it began previews three weeks ago.

The average price of the five-storey freehold apartment development is about $750 psf, says ERA divisional director Andrew Soh, who is marketing the project.

HLH is not offering any interest absorption scheme; buyers will have to make normal progress payments on their units when they are billed by the developer, in accordance with the stage of construction.

In the River Valley area, Fortune group sold another five units last week at The Mercury in Shanghai Road. The average price for the freehold project is '$1,200 psf plus', according to Fortune Development general manager Victor Soh.

Interest absorption scheme is available to buyers in exchange for a 3 per cent premium. To date, 64 of the total 67 units in the project have been sold.

Smile THE MERCURY

Project Name-THE MERCURY
    Developer-Fortune Shanghai Road Pte Ltd
    Property Type-Condominium
    Tenure - Freehold
    Total Units - 67
    Completion Date - 2014
    District - 10

1 bedroom + study (59 - 59sf)
    2 bedroom + study (97 - 117sf)
    Penthouse (112 - 179sf)

>>>more THE MERCURY info >>>

still mktg for mercury? i thot sold out 7788 liao?

Default Cute agent, nice development, dear rent

What a huge balcony and planter!

Quote Originally Posted by desfrie
    What a huge balcony and planter!
    Ang mo like. I like. Me no ang mo though...