Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by esurprise
    Honestly, I'm trying to figure out what is good about AS?
    Every room has a planter + living room has a planter and a Big balcony.
    Can someone calculate roughly what are the total size of planters and balcony? at 1200psf. close to 100K?

Isn't it better off buying Met?
    Qualify: I'm not a Met owner nor any ppty owner, i am looking for one unit for investment too.
    Met at $1000psf, the people here already say it worth like dirt... AS at $1200psf, of course the people here will say it worth like shit.

But, it all depends on individual. Those views here are more towards investment point of view. Therefore, most will say that these units as if they are worthless. However, in the market, those who are buying for stay, will find their worth in it. Not everyone buy a property for the purpose to sell. Many stayed with their property for more that 15 years.

hard to estimate from the floor plans. actually i think some tenants do like a big balcony. its the planter and the bay windows that are the real killers, esp. for all the bedrooms. logically, yes, met is preferred when compared with AS, but met sellers would ride on AS prices and Ask for the Sky also.

Can someone calculate roughly what are the total size of planters and balcony? at 1200psf. close to 100K?

Qualify: I'm not a Met owner nor any ppty owner, i am looking for one unit for investment too.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    so its 10xx to 13xxpsf, not as much as we had earlier thought. nonetheless still a crazy price considering the lousy layout of the units.
    Ya, price is still crazy. But it will not get any better for AS as no developer will sell at a loss unless the plot of land beside AS get tender at a lower price. However, it is unlikely. Reason - Unless AS is fully sold, otherwise, do you think that Wingtai will allow the plot of land beside them to be tendered at a price much lesser than AS? They will most likely submit a min bid to stable the price at that area.

BTW, for 2 bedroom units #20 floor and above, it should be selling at $1,200psf and above. Lower psf is for 3 bedroom unit.

so its 10xx to 13xxpsf, not as much as we had earlier thought. nonetheless still a crazy price considering the lousy layout of the units.
    very misleading. the avg price for most 1-3 bdrooms is 1300psf according to the agent that smsed me.

Got a SMS 13th flr 3 bdr at 1.66M 1475sqft after discount with progressive, IAS +3% OCBC

Actually, it is not too difficult to estimate the size of each planter and balcony even if working on a conservative estimation, it is not going to be cheap to pay for the planters + balcony. I'm emphasing it is a rough calculation.

If the unit that you are buying is 1300psf, Jizz, it is not a small sum to pay for "un-useable" space - please lsiten properly, UN-USEABLE space (planters). As for Balcony, i think to each its own. Some people like it, some people don't, understandable.

Gimmick discount and VVIP pre-launch price? we all know the trick, I also understand that developer are giving agent a generous 1% commission, this is more than market rate developers are paying out for new launch. The generous 1% comes from buyers pocket or puting it another word, buyer paying for planter for un-useable space to subsidize ........

I remember it was not so long ago early this year that banks gave loan officers a mandate to discount PES areas, forcing some developers to halve psf for planters and balconies.

Becareful about this, as future planned condos are doing away with supersize PES, which means when its time to sell, you'll be fighting against porperties with mostly livanle space

can anyone confirm that the developers' "free" area (incentive by govt) are for planters and bay windows while developers are actually paying for the balcony area? or balcony is lumped togehter with planters and bay windows? i was of the impression that balcony is not "free" for the developer.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    Ya, price is still crazy. But it will not get any better for AS as no developer will sell at a loss unless the plot of land beside AS get tender at a lower price. However, it is unlikely. Reason - Unless AS is fully sold, otherwise, do you think that Wingtai will allow the plot of land beside them to be tendered at a price much lesser than AS? They will most likely submit a min bid to stable the price at that area.

BTW, for 2 bedroom units #20 floor and above, it should be selling at $1,200psf and above. Lower psf is for 3 bedroom unit.
    Anyone know when is the tenure of land? If I am not wrong this plot of land is already quite sometime ago.

Metro has very large planter and balconies too
    can fit mahjong table too

So what talking u

can anyone confirm that the developers' "free" area (incentive by govt) are for planters and bay windows while developers are actually paying for the balcony area? or balcony is lumped togehter with planters and bay windows? i was of the impression that balcony is not "free" for the developer.
    Buyer pays for planter and balcony
    is not free

So if u buy 1400 sq ft for eg
    U end up with a 1200 sq ft look

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    I remember it was not so long ago early this year that banks gave loan officers a mandate to discount PES areas, forcing some developers to halve psf for planters and balconies.

Becareful about this, as future planned condos are doing away with supersize PES, which means when its time to sell, you'll be fighting against porperties with mostly livanle space
    agree

i have sold away my Penthouse 2270 sqft .. where 1770 sqft is interior space and 500 sqft of balcony and terrace ...

i used :
    <( market psf x 1770 ) + ((market psf/2 ) x 500 ) > / 2270 to get a fair psf

and it was sold immediately ...

not that i am stupid but its the correct and fair way to price ...

so buyers should be aware of this

developers don't seem to care bout how much living space or pes area when they come out with absolute psf. just look at Domus where the balcony and pes area is the same, if not bigger than the internal living area for some units. prices of those units were no less than 1k psf during launch, wonder how many idiots actually bought into the project.

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    Metro has very large planter and balconies too
    can fit mahjong table too

So what talking u
    That's is what you don't understand. If you claim that Met is like A. Sky in terms of big balcony size, you forgotten you are not paying 1300psf for Met.

The developer are playing on this kind of perceptions to sell through if you are not aware.

That's is what you don't understand. If you claim that Met is like A. Sky in terms of big balcony size, you forgotten you are not paying 1300psf for Met.

The developer are playing on this kind of perceptions to sell through if you are not aware.
    here in Manhattan .. when they advertise 1500 sqft ... its all interior space .. balcony and terrace are not included .. and very often they are charged half or less psf of the usable space ..

i have seen 2 bedroom apt here 1800 sqft .. 1300 sqft inside and a terrace of 500 sqft ... and renting out same as any 2 bedroom .. and selling at just slightly more than the 1200 sqft 2 bedder

fellow sporean do not be cheated ..

like gfoo mentioned .. next time when you want to sell ... potential buyers will be looking at usable and non usable space... dont get caught

As I understand it, under various programs, developers have been granted bonus GFA for including certain features in the condo plan. In the recent past up to 10% bonus was given for planters, balconies and air conditioning ledges. This means the developer is given this GFA "free" (actually manifesting as an increase in "efficiency" - the percentage of saleable area out of total GFA) . Another example is an additional GFA bonus 10% for rooftop gardens.

In relation to planters, the concession has been removed for buildings receiving building permission after a certain date (2008?) as it was abused and did not acheive intended results, which IIRC was aesthetics and energy efficiency.

For practical purposes, when you see liberal dosages of planter boxes and balconies, its safe to assume a wastage of close to 10%. (it is less than 10% due to the aircon ledge). So $1350psf means effectively almost 1,500psf based on usable space.

i am talking about the developer, who builds the planter and bay windows "free", ie they dun pay the govt for those and then sells to buyers at same psf as the rest of the unit! wanted to confirm if balcony was also "free" to developers.

is not free

i am talking about the developer, who builds the planter and bay windows "free", ie they dun pay the govt for those and then sells to buyers at same psf as the rest of the unit! wanted to confirm if balcony was also "free" to developers.
    when i constructed my house .. i have in the design, balcony and terrace .. and they were NOT included in the 'built up area'

by definition, built in or built up refers to enclose-able area .. 3 walls and an opening

Put it this way lah. In my condo shopping last year, i came across 2-3 10yr plus properties in d15, 9 & 10 where the 'planter' and aircon ledge are not inputed in the psf, but are 'owned' by the mcst

Perhaps this is nothing new ... but for those reading this thread but somehow got lost along the way :P

Site Area : 92,000 sf

Tenure : 99 yr leasehold (wef Mar 2008)

Total Units : 373 units (2, 3, & 4 bedroom types, 2 special 5 bedroom duplex units and 3 penthouses

Type & Approx Floor Size No. of Units

Type B (2 bedroom) 947sf – 1023sf 144
    Type C (3 bedroom) 1475sf 144
    Type D (4 bedroom) 1733sf – 1991sf 80
    Type DP (5 bedroom + Family Duplex) 3025sf 2
    Penthouses 2562sf – 6308sf 3

Date of Vacant Possession : 28 Feb 2014

Estimated TOP : 4Q 2012 / 1Q 2013 (TBC)

Date of Legal Completion : 28 Feb 2017

i thought planter only in living room and not in bedroom for your Wharf? even if bedroom have, its those type can level off and step out type and obviously no bay windows there. no one can beat AS liao, BAY WINDOW + PLANTER (obviously cannot step out type) IN MOST BEDROOMS.
    Well there is a planter in the living room and there is a planter in the 2nd bedroom as well. Both can be levelled off and step out.

The living room one perhas can have a small table for breakfast... the bedroom one is just enough for me to sneak out for a smoke and not stink the house!

2nd bedroom planter can be levelled off? i can't imagine doing an obstacle course climbing over a bay window to get to that planter, accidentally trip and fall off the building?! doesn't make sense.

i still believe from the plan, the planters for the bedrooms looks like cannot be levelled off and step out type.

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    Well there is a planter in the living room and there is a planter in the 2nd bedroom as well. Both can be levelled off and step out.

The living room one perhas can have a small table for breakfast... the bedroom one is just enough for me to sneak out for a smoke and not stink the house!

2nd bedroom planter can be levelled off? i can't imagine doing an obstacle course climbing over a bay window to get to that planter, accidentally trip and fall off the building?! doesn't make sense.

i still believe from the plan, the planters for the bedrooms looks like cannot be levelled off and step out type.
    Wharf? there is no bay window... but actually, now that you mentioned i am also not sure if it can be levelled off... but there is no bay window, if i need to climb out to sneak a fag... a bit easier.. hahahah

sorry, i got confused. i was talking about Ass-censure Sai.

Wharf no bay window blocking planter, sure can find some way to level off.

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    Wharf? there is no bay window... but actually, now that you mentioned i am also not sure if it can be levelled off... but there is no bay window, if i need to climb out to sneak a fag... a bit easier.. hahahah

Over at Kim Eng Research, Wilson Liew sounds more upbeat. He singles out Wing Tai Holdings as an interesting play.
    “After speaking to property agents, we believe that the launch of Ascentia Sky (on Alexandra Road) is imminent. We have raised our average selling price assumption to $1,100 psf, and based on an estimated breakeven of $984 psf, we no longer believe that a provision is necessary for this site – Wing Tai may in fact make a small profit,” he observes.

Interestingly, hordes of owners who had bought units under the deferred payment scheme were reported to be at the adjacent The Metropolitan (which recently received its temporary occupation permit) over the weekend trying to ‘flip’ their units. They were reported to be asking for $1,100 psf to $1,200 psf from interested buyers.

Liew has a buy recommendation on Wing Tai. “Buying the stock is cheaper than physical property,” he reckons. “As the sales outlook improves, we have upgraded our FY09-10 forecasts by 4.9% and 13.2% respectively.” He has a target price of $1.79, and the counter closed at $1.42 on Wednesday. Missed the queue? Consider property stocks.

All are part of the area. URA only giving developer a maximum width of 1m and a minimum depth of 500mm) to be exempted from Gross Floor Area.

is not free

Don't be misleading. All are part of the area. URA only giving developer a maximum width of 1m and a minimum depth of 500mm) to be exempted from Gross Floor Area.

that means balconies are not exempt?

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    All are part of the area. URA only giving developer a maximum width of 1m and a minimum depth of 500mm) to be exempted from Gross Floor Area.

is it not what I mean but others like to twist

All area are part of gross floor area computation. The only exception is the plant and bay window but not totally. Only limited to what I mentioned earlier.