Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 49141924252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Lesson learnt.. Don't buy future homes from show flats and brochures...

I was disappointed with how small the first floor/lobby level is.. The walkway is very narrow and pool is small, children's playground is small and the BBQ areas are small and not sheltered. The last point on BBQ area is totally unacceptable!

I spoke to the management office to feedback on the un-sheltered and un-lit BBQ areas on first floor. They told me they had feedback to the developer on the BBQ areas, but it would still be best if the owners feedback to developer.

Would suggest a consensus and pooled voice to feedback on things that are disappointing. If we wait till we set up management committee, I'm afraid it would be too late to ask developer to change and we would need to pay out of our pockets then!
    Was looking at the e-brochure again & it does not show the furnishings in the clubhouse, gym, open gdns,etc. Just comic sketches of what they may look like. So, it will be difficult to seek recourse from the developer. Compare this to Echelon's brochure which even show the actual layout of the clubhse ( cocktail lounge+gourmet kitchen+pte dining+reading rm), gym (type of equipment).

Moral of the story : look before you leap (esp for new condos)

We got enough owners in this forum to form a committee for the next AGM

yes lets form a committee!

well, at least (most) of us bought ASKY 20% lower than Echelons opening price.
    and our rooms are 'bigger'..

There will be another new condo launch near the MRT soon...more competition
    LEDANG HEIGHTS, THE FUTURE GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW CENTRAL OF NUSAJAYA/ISKANDAR

Just studied the detailed brochure again. It seems many areas are still to be completed. Astro Interactive - interactive media entertainment (missing) is clearly mentioned in the brochure. Starlight reflections - swinging hammock (missing?) is clearly stated in brochure. Rainbow play zone - exciting play equipment (missing) is clearly mentioned.

Folks, I think we have a case to take this up with WT.

AAP , they do have the swinging hammock. The Atas royal botania thingy. Lie on it. It swings . It hammocks. There you have it.

Astro interactive floor I walk the entire floor. I don't see any room for any indoor gaming. Only RESIDENTS room. Unless of course they gonna do it outdoors !

Major disappointment was the gym. Ultra small. Like two bedders man.

Sigh

Osprey for chairman of DARC = DISGRUNTLED ASKY RESIDENTS COMMITTEE..!

is it common for new condo owners to have so much grouse?!?

No la. Just that waited so long for project completed then u see the result. Quite disheartening

Quote Originally Posted by lot28
    BTW, i have confirmed thru my sources that WingTai was having big problems with the maincon during construction of the place (and hence the delay in TOP).
    I thought Great Earth JV with WingTai to develop this and is main con himself ?

Think it's wing tai joint venture with united engineers. great earth is the main con.

Does anyone share the same opinion as me the sample gate grill looks like a prison cell?
    ( and yes I fed back to MA)

I also told them the gardens look all the same and so many things not what is expected from the brochure. They say I'm the first one who say that!

oh even the window grills need to standardize? or just the door?
    come to think about it the entrance is already very cramped....

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey78

Does anyone share the same opinion as me the sample gate grill looks like a prison cell?
    ( and yes I fed back to MA)
    The so called standard grill looks terribly. I am definitely not going to follow their standard. Actually they have no power to stop anyone to use their own design for door grills. The condo by-laws only cover the facade.

Window grill ill prob do invisible grill. But door maybe not. Their approved grill looks like prison gate. The grey colour doesn't help either haha

Hi guys need some advice here. For the property tax form the claim date 'from' is put the date I move in or the date lawyer issue the letter?

I get two conflicting answers from lawyer ( says date letter was served ) and tax hotline says date I move in .( doesn't really make sense. Means I can move in near end of year without documentary proof and still get a pro rated amount? )

Hi Osprey
    where do you get the tax form? are you applying from the web now?
    Pls educate

the form was mailed to me by my solicitor. But I believe you can do it online.
    Anyone can advise on the from date?

Hi guys need some advice here. For the property tax form the claim date 'from' is put the date I move in or the date lawyer issue the letter?

I get two conflicting answers from lawyer ( says date letter was served ) and tax hotline says date I move in .( doesn't really make sense. Means I can move in near end of year without documentary proof and still get a pro rated amount? )
    If there are defects to be rectified, you cannot move in right? So in my view it should be wef the date all initial defects cleared and occupancy can begin.

That's what I thought so too!

From the date u were issued notice of vacant possession. Nothing to do with move in.

.... and United Engineers owns Great Earth...

Hmmm then the taxman told me the wrong thing? Cuz she told me the date I move in ZzzZ

Have your defects been rectified? How long does it take usually?

Hi Osprey. i received the same form

"..notice of transfer served to Iras for your attention "..

and he's charging me 500 SGD for the service..!!

is this what is happening to all the bros here too? lawyer must do something after TOP ?

Anyone moved in yet?

@AAAP - Takes usually one month from the defect submission date

The normal payable date is from TOP date. However, if you can't rent it out OR, if you need to repair your property to make it fit for occupation, then you can apply for refund of unoccupied period.

Called another tax office and she said to put the date I was served notice of occupation.

lot286: i'm mailing my form to IRAS direct, you mean u tasked your solicitor to do it?

All: Anyone knows If I can drill fixtures onto the balcony walls( not very obvious) , cuz i'm getting a wall mounted clothes hanger which can conceal after fold up. It is much more practical than the stupid hanger thing in the kitchen which u cannot even move the clothes out of the window.

Don't have the by-laws etc. with me now as i'm overseas, hope for some quick answer here

ok just to be sure, no one here is PAYING THEIR LAWYERS for advice on this property tax refund IRAS...

why am i getting charged i wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by lot286
    ok just to be sure, no one here is PAYING THEIR LAWYERS for advice on this property tax refund IRAS...

why am i getting charged i wonder?
    My lawyer did it for me without additional charge. Received the IRAS letter, the date was dated the day I collected the keys..

Spoke to IRAS / PRoperty tax.

1) No need to file online or fill up any application form for owner's concession tax rate (if you are living in it) - system has already updated it automatically.

2) System has even updated the date that we get our keys (relating to point 1).

Amazing efficiency of the Singapore Government at work!.

Essentially, we just need to wait for the tax bill at the beginning of the year and everything has already been calculated and adjusted for you

pty tax, it's simple:

pty tax starts applying from TOP date.
    however from TOP date to the date developer sends u the notice to collect keys, developer is responsible for the pty tax of this period.
    after notice collection date, you are responsible.

however you always pay all pty tax from TOP date. then you claim through your lawyer the tax for the period of TOP->notice collection date. developer will give you a check.

if you are doing this for rental, before it is rented out, you can claim vacancy refund until the date it is rented out. (means 0 tax). you still pay all tax 1st, then claim refund the day your tenancy starts.

however such vacancy refund will stop end of this yr. from 2014 onwards, no vacancy refund. Part of CM.

and of course, no lawyer should charge on this pty tax thingy. unless you are such a complicated case (BVI entity, foreign ownership etc)

thanks AMK...
    i love lawyers