Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Think they are buying time at the angst of owners

In the meantime, one gets hounded by all the agents...

Hey xarain can I check with you when you write cheque for maintenance it's based on the date you receive the keys right?

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey78
    Hey xarain can I check with you when you write cheque for maintenance it's based on the date you receive the keys right?
    Yup - the billing cycle is every 15th of the month (6 mths in advance) upon taking the keys.

Managed to push Wing Tai to settle my defects asap as I need to do reno work this Saturday. (Need to settle before any other contractor you engage is allowed to start work)

Suggest you guys do the same too since they should be getting more 'busy' as time goes by.

Not sure is it normal but their finishing on the bay window is quite jia lat - ganna water abit the paint starts peeling (didnt encounter this in my previous place)

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5bb1ddd1.jpg

Also observed that higher (30 and up) floors are still work in progress with the finishing touches:

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps139ababe.jpg

finally after hounding them the gym is open (no air-con but they told me I could request for it to be turned on via the Guard)

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps55177783.jpg

Great stuff xarain! Do they give you the final floor plan when taking over the keys? Does the gym have any view at all? Looks like its just facing walks! Haha

collecting mine next fri! Any advise? thks

Hi Xarain,

Congrats on your key collection.

1 advice... your bay window with the peeling paint. is it wet from water seepage? feel the concrete... feels cool and wet, comparing with the adjacent areas.
    my concern is that there is water seepage between the aluminium window frames and the concrete. please tap along the whole length of frame to check whether it is solid or hollow. encountered this before.

they may have to drill the frame at many points to inject those foam fillers to waterproof it. also try to use mirror (if possible) to see if there are any external hairline cracks along the wall outside where water can seep in.

Hope it is nothing serious.

Cheers,
    lifeline

Quote Originally Posted by Xarain
    Managed to push Wing Tai to settle my defects asap as I need to do reno work this Saturday. (Need to settle before any other contractor you engage is allowed to start work)

Suggest you guys do the same too since they should be getting more 'busy' as time goes by.

Not sure is it normal but their finishing on the bay window is quite jia lat - ganna water abit the paint starts peeling (didnt encounter this in my previous place)

Also observed that higher (30 and up) floors are still work in progress with the finishing touches:

finally after hounding them the gym is open (no air-con but they told me I could request for it to be turned on via the Guard)

Last edited by lifeline; 30-05-13 at 13:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarain

Hi Xarain. Nice house you have there. Can we know which floor is your unit on to get such a nice view?

I found a website to help checking for defects : http://sharonanngoh.com/buy-sell/common-defects/

Hope this helps.

Note: I'm not the website owner and not affiliated to the author. I was googling for some other info and chanced upon this website.

@Osprey78 - yes you get a nice box with all the user manuals / care instructions / check-list and floor plan - but do note that it is not to scale

@Nikhil N D - great! Maybe you can ask if the common areas are all ready - give them some pressure.

@lifeline - Thanks for the advise - apparently the developer admit it was a common problem in their units - they blamed the room being too hot since all the windows are closed which should get better after the owner moves in.

@sunboy77 - This is from the 20th flr however in case you were referencing to the other pictures that showed PSA / MBS - those unfortunately are from the penthouse (45#)

Xarain is the a/c inverter type?

Xarain is the a/c inverter type?
    Yes its the JACK NEO brand (or used to)

Xarain,

Is it advisable to wait for developer to complete work to rectify defects(if any) before starting renovation? What if defects come up after say 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by AAAP
    Xarain,

Is it advisable to wait for developer to complete work to rectify defects(if any) before starting renovation? What if defects come up after say 6 months?
    In fact they require all defects found and agreed upon beforeyour own contractor can come in.
    Also depending on the type of work your plan to do. I.e if you hack the walls and wall cracks appear, you lose your right to claim that as a defect against the developer

That being said - the general warranty is 12 months hence the developer should still be liable for defects if things do crop up within that time frame.

Thanks Xarain. Look forward to meeting you perhaps?

Will collect on 11th jun, 3pm.

Xarain, congrats on yr new place. Saw your photos and got a question about the toilet. Just curious, does the toilet down open outwards or is it a sliding down for the toilet you have posted?

Got my notice of vacant possession on Friday. The rush is on...

keeping fingers crossed, can start renovation by Mid June...
    LEDANG HEIGHTS, THE FUTURE GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW CENTRAL OF NUSAJAYA/ISKANDAR

How long from solicitor to appt of key collection guys? Thanks!

Notice of Vacant possession (given to lawyer)
    Lawyer gives notice to bank to release funds
    Banks typically take 5-7 working days to release funds
    Upon receipt of funds, appointment can be made.

If you ask me, looks like at least 2 weeks.

How long from solicitor to appt of key collection guys? Thanks!
    the day i sent my cheque in, i called Wing Tai. Made appt for the following week. Handed cheque in 30th May, appt 11th Jun.

You can try your luck but solicitor gives cheque within a day, but you can call lah, if u confident cheque all in good order.

Have they completed work on the high floor units. Last time xarain mentioned work still ongoing. Wonder when will they finish

Quote Originally Posted by AAAP
    Have they completed work on the high floor units. Last time xarain mentioned work still ongoing. Wonder when will they finish

sibei slow man...i drove in and lotsa workers still arnd. and yea, the vultures are around waiting to pounce

Exclamation

Quite a busy day at Ascentia Sky today B1 carpark was almost full so i guess Wing Tai must be scrambling with the hand overs.

Met 2 owners earlier - #20 and #06, again my theory on the lower floors going first seem to be right. @AAAP if you dont mind you can PM me your unit number i can help you do a spot check

Just for info - Finished my mini reno works today - might want to be careful while installing lights for your kitchen and bathrooms - above the false ceiling is very congested (ie pipes, casing, metal brackets etc) hence if your planning to install those PLC downlights which their housing are quite fat - they may not fit and you need to do your own relocation.
    Just to show what I mean
    --> http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8f7fa353.jpg

For bathroom doors - all sliding for my unit except for the one in the yard which those plastic type that can fold.

Gotta give Wing Tai some credit - they are hauling ass on the Gym hence at least the Air-Con works now - the project manager updated me that it should be gtg by Mid-June other areas like steam bath, sauna etc....

Some more pics (common areas) Enjoy!
    http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/xa...ary/sky-01june

just happy it seems like no one has many defects to report...

Nikhil: they allowed you In with no appt?

Xarain: thanks for the pics again, if I rem correctly you waited less than a week to get keys after notice yea?

Oh yes. , which areas are the false ceiling?

Just collected my "box" this afternoon. Notice hairline cracks in Master Bedroom wall inside wardrobe & wall next to wardrobe.

Saw quite a few units with workers inside still doing lots of work on the 12th and 22nd floors.

The BBQ pits on the ground floor all comes with gas BBQs. It seems don't even need to pay for the gas when using according to the WingTai handover staff I asked. The one on the 45th floor is charcoal type. There's even a Karaoke system in the 45th function room .

The pool table is a dud. Not even a standard table.

From Xarains pic looks like u will get a tan using the pool table!

False ceiling for my unit is entrance area, kitchen, yard, toilets

I got mine within a week - i used a cashier order for the maint fee to speed things up as stated in the lawyers letter if you want express service.

Defects wises nothing serious for mine - mostly just minor dents and knocks.