Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gale (D17, Freehold, Tripartite Developers <Hong Leong>)

Unlikely for the garbage truck to be able to access the basement carpark, so probably will be at the ground floor.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooteo
    Even without the pneumatic system, as long as the whole condo got basement carpark, the ground floor units will not be affected. The rubbish chutes opening points will be at the basement levels. But the "Ba Wu" will fill out the whole carpark when rubbish is being cleared.

I have not seem this pneumatic system, but will think that it will be better than the traditional type, especially if you are on the lower floors. The rubbish falling down from the hiher floors will often hit your rubbish chutes, creating noise at night and a horrible sight when you open up the chutes.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

No wonder called 'The Gale' - also partly from the suction force!

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Unlikely for the garbage truck to be able to access the basement carpark, so probably will be at the ground floor.
    They use a buggy like tram to collect the bins and transfer to the main rubbish centre. This way, no need for rubbish truck to go into condo and carpark

The puematic refuse system does not require waste trucks to move about the condo premises. The waste collection station typically is situated quite far from the residential areas and are connected by under ground pipes. So no mobile waste trucks to intrude into the residential blocks like the conventional hdb flats. The system operates much like the aircraft toilet flushing system where a big blast of air is sucked into the system together with your rubbish with speed up to 75km/h. I understand city square mall being an Eco mall makes use of such system.

The pneumatic system sounds good. However, if one day I forget and throw a winning 4D ticket into the chute, then my money really suck away. It happened once but that time was using the old system so we can still find it in the bin downstairs.

Anyone knows if the pneumatic system would incur higher maintenance cost ?

In the near term, we will not see the higher cost. However, when this system breakdown say in 5 years and needs to be overhaul, this will incur a dent to the sinking fund of the condo.

For near term, I will expect the maintance fee to be around $43 per share value.

Hi, how do u get $43/share value? Any calculation to show?

$43 is based on the maintaince fee paid on previous condo at Flora. In fact, Carrisa and Ferraria is +/- around this price. I not too sure of Ballota and Azeala maintaince fee as I have no friends there.

I did a search on the usage of such pneumatic refuse system and found that there are quite a few condo (such as The Sail and Marina bay residences) which has adopted such system. Refer to the link : http://sgforums.com/forums/1707/topics/353415?page=1 for more info.

Hopefully with more buildings using such system, the cost of future maintenance (expert labour and "spare parts") would be lower...

Given there are so many adopters of such puenmatic refuse system, any feedback on the usability of such system from the condo residents? Good or bad?

Is there a double or single chute system for Gale? There are a quite a few condos in singapore that makes use of the double chute system: one for recycleable waste n the other non-recycleable.

Default Construction Update

The new road linking Mariam Way and Flora Rd has being completed. It is currently barricaded up and pending road marking. The street light are currently being installed as I do not see any yesterday night.

Construction of Blk 62 and 64 is up to the five level. Blk 66 is up to level 4 but for blk 68, it is very slow till level 2 only. For the blks behind, I could not see as I was there at night and there is no night construction.

The new road linking Mariam Way and Flora Rd has being completed. It is currently barricaded up and pending road marking. The street light are currently being installed as I do not see any yesterday night.

Construction of Blk 62 and 64 is up to the five level. Blk 66 is up to level 4 but for blk 68, it is very slow till level 2 only. For the blks behind, I could not see as I was there at night and there is no night construction.
    Is the construction for The Gale considered fast or slow or normal? Wonder why they built the road first before the construction of the condo is completed. New road to open to public soon?

Noticed that prices for the Flora Rd condos A-G have been steadily rising and are now averaging at $7xx - 8xx psf? At this rate, psf for Gale could hit $9xx at TOP? New pricing benchmark -the new condo coming up on the land bought by HL at the GLS last year. Who knows, $1k psf could just come to this part of town...which is near the awakening Pasir Ris and Tampines.

I will say the pace of construction is slightly towards the slow side. A building contract is usually 30months, so from Dec 09 which they started foundation, 13 months have passed. For blk 68 to be at only 2 floor is on the slow side.

The road will be open to public, and I think the road should be opened earlier to relieve the traffic at Flora area. This will provide another more convenient entry point as we could now use Bedok exit from TPE to go into Flora area.

As to prices, Ferraria is now hitting the high $8XX psf and 1 bedder near very high $9XXpsf.

For those of us that bought Gale, we are on the average Low to mid $7xx psf(except those patio units which is real low psf$) . So I will not be surprised to see $8XX psf. In Dec, a one bedder 03-20 is sub sale at $871psf.

I am actually predicting nearer to TOP, prices will be in the high $9xx regions for 2 bedders and over $9XXpsf for 3or bigger units. For 1 bedders it will be over $1XXXpsf.

However, there is a few factors that will finally affect Gale resale pricing.

1. The sucess of HL in selling the 99LH in the plot beside Japanese school.
    2. The price which this 99LH is marketing at. I predict $8XXpsf.
    3. The price of the new GLS land which will be released through the confirmed land sale in the second quarter of 2011. This land is beside Ferraria Park.
    4. The developer which get this land. Pray hard it is FEO and all will HUAT.

My first contribution. Just happen to pass by Gale, and snapped some photo on the progress.

Attachment 2011

Attachment 2012

Quote Originally Posted by dlam
    My first contribution. Just happen to pass by Gale, and snapped some photo on the progress.

Attachment 2011

Attachment 2012
    U come Attached! Haha, welcome your virgin post.

As to prices, Ferraria is now hitting the high $8XX psf and 1 bedder near very high $9XXpsf.

For those of us that bought Gale, we are on the average Low to mid $7xx psf(except those patio units which is real low psf$) . So I will not be surprised to see $8XX psf. In Dec, a one bedder 03-20 is sub sale at $871psf.
    Both Gale and Ferraria are almost next to each other. Ferraria completed more than a year ago. Is it normal that a completed condo can fetch higher price than an under construction condo ?

We still have some developer units for sale in the Gale. Feel free to call us.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemenceLY
    Both Gale and Ferraria are almost next to each other. Ferraria completed more than a year ago. Is it normal that a completed condo can fetch higher price than an under construction condo ?
    Yes, new completed project should be higher as

1. Can be rented or for own stay immediately
    2. Can see, feel and compare the physical unit.
    3. Most completed unit already renovated

But, if the completed project is already many years, especially LH projects, then it will be normal to see completed project cheaper than BUC projects.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    We still have some developer units for sale in the Gale. Feel free to call us.
    Ya, the 2 units of 2+1 on the second floor 02-06 and 02-13.
    And 1 more unit of 2+1 on the 4 floor. All these are units facing Flora road.

Default Gale Construction

Just happened to pass by the Gale construction site during CNY. Markings on Flora Road are done and the street lamps are up. I would think that the Flora road will be open this week or next.

With the opening of Flora Rd, i guess the construction activity will be more intense due to easier access to the construction and the condo can be completed by Nov 2012 (next year!).

Quote Originally Posted by sswh218
    Just happened to pass by the Gale construction site during CNY. Markings on Flora Road are done and the street lamps are up. I would think that the Flora road will be open this week or next.

With the opening of Flora Rd, i guess the construction activity will be more intense due to easier access to the construction and the condo can be completed by Nov 2012 (next year!).
    This road will likely not to be used for access to the construction site. They are entering the site through the vacant land behind the showflat. To open up this road is actually inconvenience to the construction. They could use this access in the past and do not need to clean up the area. But now, being this is a public road, Lian Beng have to take care that mud and others do not get onto the road or they will be fined. This does not help to speed up construction.

As to completing by Nov 2012, this is very likely. But to TOP at that time, it will be very low possibility. So my guess will be earliest Q1 2013.

Default Construction Update

Went past this afternoon. My guess are confirmed. The new road will not be used for access to construction site. And blk 66 and 68 is still the slowest blk. Blk 66 at level 2 and Blk68 at level 1. The rest of the blks at level 5 to level 6. Attached are the photos.

Thanks for the great photos!

Indeed, blk 66 and 68 are slower than the few blks facing flora road. But are u able to observe the construction progress of blks behind, i.e. 70, 72, 74 and 76. Are they also at level 5 or 6 now? If u are on Flora Rd, u may not be able to see those blks behind.

Why the blks are all even numbers? If use even numbers, then there are 2 blks with '4', i.e. 64 and 74. And Why start from the number 62??

The rest of the blks are at 5-6 levels. Only these 2 blks much slower than the rest.

Why even numbers? This side of Flora Rd is even number and the opposite side (Estella Garden) is odd.

Why start from Blk62. I can only think becos Edelewiss starts from Blk80. Since we have 9 blks, and counting backwards, you will get Blk 62.

Under the agreement, when is the expected TOP date?

Quote Originally Posted by jeslyn12
    Under the agreement, when is the expected TOP date?
    If I remember correctly, 1 Sep 2014.

With the increase in workers levy (in the budget release last week), wondering whether it would affect the pace of construction as the Lian Beng may cut down the number of workers on site to save cost. The completion may be extended??

The floor to ceiling height of each condo unit as mentioned in the specification is typically 2.8m. Wondering whether the ground level units has a higher ceiling height? more than 2.8m? 3m or higher?

Quote Originally Posted by sswh218
    With the increase in workers levy (in the budget release last week), wondering whether it would affect the pace of construction as the Lian Beng may cut down the number of workers on site to save cost. The completion may be extended??

The floor to ceiling height of each condo unit as mentioned in the specification is typically 2.8m. Wondering whether the ground level units has a higher ceiling height? more than 2.8m? 3m or higher?
    I doubt it. Lian Beng will have to pay HL hefty penalties for any delays in construction viz contracted completion deadline. LB would have factored in cost increases and such in their contracts with developer. Anyway looks like the Gale is coming up nicely. No worries...

The groundfloor ceiling height is the same as other floor. This info is from what I heard from developer.

As to delay, the whole project on paper is to TOP latest 30 Sep 2014. Any earlier is bonus. So any delay before 30 Sep 2014 is not compensable.

However, I do not think that there will be delay due to increase in levy.