Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Gale (D17, Freehold, Tripartite Developers <Hong Leong>)

Quote Originally Posted by ktl
    Hi before the MC is formed after a year, who will take charge of the management of the condo?
    In the first year, developer will appoint a MA (managing agent) to run the condo estate. When we take over from the second years onwards, we can then decide to continue with this MA or not.

Default facebook page

Found u guys finally! Do join me in facebook

https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http%...user=701588542

Like to organise group buys & discuss abt our home from there as i tot it is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooteo
    In the first year, developer will appoint a MA (managing agent) to run the condo estate. When we take over from the second years onwards, we can then decide to continue with this MA or not.
    IMHO and just to add, you can also takeover from MA earlier provided
    • There is enough support (I think it's 30% of the total shares) from the owners
    • There is a ready group of volunteers, who are adequately familiar with the running of MCST, to stand up for Management Council election
    • The owners and management council are ready to formalize house rules into by-laws
    • Management council is comfortable managing defects

Quote Originally Posted by heutistmeintag
    IMHO and just to add, you can also takeover from MA earlier provided
    • There is enough support (I think it's 30% of the total shares) from the owners
    • There is a ready group of volunteers, who are adequately familiar with the running of MCST, to stand up for Management Council election
    • The owners and management council are ready to formalize house rules into by-laws
    • Management council is comfortable managing defects
    Yes, what you state is true, but who wants to take over the MA during the DLP period which is the first year. All you get is complains on defects and expectation that it will be corrected immediately. If you are working, you will not be able to manage all these defect complains etc. Unless you super free and super hero that you like to be bombarded with all these complains, especially from some jokers that are super unreasonable. They abound to be such jokers in every project.

Yes, what you state is true, but who wants to take over the MA during the DLP period which is the first year. All you get is complains on defects and expectation that it will be corrected immediately. If you are working, you will not be able to manage all these defect complains etc. Unless you super free and super hero that you like to be bombarded with all these complains, especially from some jokers that are super unreasonable. They abound to be such jokers in every project.
    Fully agree with you. I am sure you are talking from experience as I too have lived in a new condo managed by Developer appointed MA for the 1st year. Its tough.

I agreed with what you said ... if the appointed MA is capable and not leave more craps for the MC in the 2nd year. If some problems are not nipped in the bud, that's serious trouble for the 1st MC.

Talking the gale 09-06-12

Update: pics of the gale 09-06-12 in Facebook.

Default Photos - delivery of trees for landscaping!

Hi all...my husband and I were driving past our soon-to-be abode today and chanced upon trucks delivering trees for landscaping. If you look at the photo carefully, you can see some palm trees already planted!

The pneumatic waste people were also there, but according to their website, TOP is slated for 2013 (http://www.greenwavesolutions.com.sg...airwaste2.htm).

Nonetheless, we are keeping our fingers crossed for a Q4 2012 TOP. Good luck to us all!

Quote Originally Posted by veronicaong
    Hi all...my husband and I were driving past our soon-to-be abode today and chanced upon trucks delivering trees for landscaping. If you look at the photo carefully, you can see some palm trees already planted!

The pneumatic waste people were also there, but according to their website, TOP is slated for 2013 (www.greenwavesolutions.com.sg/sub/proairwaste2.htm).

Nonetheless, we are keeping our fingers crossed for a Q4 2012 TOP. Good luck to us all!
    Hi, Thanks for the photos. TOP in Q4 12 is not realistic as Construction completion is due in Nov 12. Checks by govt authorities will take at least one month. Jan 13 TOP is more realistic. Notwithstanding, I too am looking forward for Q4 12 TOP.

Just went to the site to visit today. Really a lot of workers working (from LB staff, more than 200 worker). Seems that LB is determined to complete by Nov and handover to avoid fine from developer. And what we get? Quality issues as they rush the work. TOP by Jan 2013 is realistic.

Another thing. The palm trees are really near the units, and is 3 storey high. The canopy will block the views of the third floor. Any third floor owner here???

Just went to the site to visit today. Really a lot of workers working (from LB staff, more than 200 worker). Seems that LB is determined to complete by Nov and handover to avoid fine from developer. And what we get? Quality issues as they rush the work. TOP by Jan 2013 is realistic.

Another thing. The palm trees are really near the units, and is 3 storey high. The canopy will block the views of the third floor. Any third floor owner here???
    Saw that they started to remove the metal barriers. But from photos. Still a lot of work to be done. With so many workers, wonder how it will look a mth from now

Hi all, posted more pics in Facebook. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Alextoh76
    Hi all, posted more pics in Facebook. Have fun!
    Facebook Name?

Quote Originally Posted by Won-der
    Facebook Name?
    Link in page 54

Link in page 54
    Tried but unable to access the facebook via the link. Perhaps you can let us have your facebook name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rach
    Tried but unable to access the facebook via the link. Perhaps you can let us have your facebook name.
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/315532976427/

Default Pool

Pool tiling done. See pics in fb

Default VIdeos

More videos in Facebook. See the mad rush yrs back.

Default Keen to look at the pictures you have taken

Alex, thanks for sharing the pictures. I have sent an invite to be your friends in order to view your pictures. I hope you can confirm me as your friend.
    Just for introduction, I am also a owner of a unit in Gale and currently out of country and very keen to see the progress with the project.

I hope to get to know you all soon.

Default Free wifi provided in The Gale?

Hi guys, heard from a friend his condo in the same area (beside the gale) have free wifi provided. He can access it from poolside etc and even at his unit. He didnt have to pay and he told me now most newer condo also should have.

Anyone know the gale have free wifi provided as well?

Free wifi? Maybe one kind soul in the condo did not secure his channel and become the free wifi for the condo. Anyway, even there is free wifi, who is going to spend money to ensure all the blocks have the coverage? All the booster and points need throughout the condo.
    If your signal is poor or no coverage, will u complain? Messy right?

Hi all, I am thinking of writting in to the developer for the actual floorplan of my apartment. Starting to source for renovation contractor for my unit - need that for a quotation.

Anyone has the developer's email address or mailing address where I can write in to request for the info??

Quote Originally Posted by antng
    Hi guys, heard from a friend his condo in the same area (beside the gale) have free wifi provided. He can access it from poolside etc and even at his unit. He didnt have to pay and he told me now most newer condo also should have.

Anyone know the gale have free wifi provided as well?
    Dahlia park has it ...yeah

Quote Originally Posted by toiletsiao
    Dahlia park has it ...yeah
    Oh, you at Dahlia?

Quote Originally Posted by dlam
    Hi all, I am thinking of writting in to the developer for the actual floorplan of my apartment. Starting to source for renovation contractor for my unit - need that for a quotation.

Anyone has the developer's email address or mailing address where I can write in to request for the info??
    Add:
    Hong Leong Building #25-00, 16 Raffles Quay, (S)048581
    -
    Tel :6224 1695

Frankly, it is too early to source for ID or reno. I expect that Gale will TOP in Feb 2013. Secondly, what they will give u is just a scaled plan. Not the actual floorplan. If u need actual, u can only get the ID to survey and measure when u get the key

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Oh, you at Dahlia?
    have a 3bedroom there la... currently rented out to aussie expat

Thanks. Just want to get the initial quotation and decide on the ID/reno - just in case it TOP earlier than expected.

Add:
    Hong Leong Building #25-00, 16 Raffles Quay, (S)048581
    -
    Tel :6224 1695

Frankly, it is too early to source for ID or reno. I expect that Gale will TOP in Feb 2013. Secondly, what they will give u is just a scaled plan. Not the actual floorplan. If u need actual, u can only get the ID to survey and measure when u get the key

2012-05-31 #04-XX 980sqft 1,000psf
    2009-08-07 729psf $265,580

D17 boleh
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    2012-05-31 #04-XX 980sqft 1,000psf
    2009-08-07 729psf $265,580

D17 boleh
    Well, I remember in the last year, there is a report that D17 is the most profitable. If you look at Ferraria Park(another of the A-H condo), the profit that the first owner get is even more boleh. Flora has being undervalued. This is the place when most will say birds don lay eggs(abit now only lay golden eggs). Congrats to all who purchased Gale during the launch, especially those who got the PES units at 5xx $psf and the starbuys at 6xx$psf for the 3 bedders. I miss out on these buys...

Default Latest photos

Recent photos taken at The Gale.