Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gale (D17, Freehold, Tripartite Developers <Hong Leong>)

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    Quantum makes a difference.. Ripple 650k can buy 2 bedder..
    Bigger unit now better compare with 3 bedders cause same same quantum..
    bigger unit are are psf cheap..
    Also ripple location muc nicer.. I would say ripple is a winner here..

It may be freehold but nothing there except prison :-)
    How big is Ripple 2 brm? Comparision of price should be by psf...... Gale 2 brm is at least over 900+sf. My 2 brm there is 969sf.

Palm is just next to TPE, sure have a lot of road noise!

Most of the condo at flora area are FH, why would someone choose a LH, next to expressway and cost the same as FH which is in the same area??

Quote Originally Posted by moomooteo
    RB location better than Flora? In wat ways? Except the sea facing units at RB, there is no differ between RB and Gale in location.

Yes, RB 2bedders is cheap, but this is a compromise. The area is real small and "cosy" for a 2 bedder. On the other hand, a 2 bedder at Gale is much bigger and comforty. If budget is not that tight, I think the choice is clear. Secondly, RB has 600 over units. Gale is 329 units. Which environment will be more messy? Again, if budget is bigger, I think the choice is clear. Who wants a condo that is HDB like..
    RB location not better than gale..u gotta kidding me..
    pasir ris beach for morning walk..downtown east for shoppiMg
    What will gale sell? Prison cell for stay
    Just cause u r vested doesn't mean gale location is better..

BTW I am not vested in either...
    Just be rational..

Quote Originally Posted by bigfart
    How big is Ripple 2 brm? Comparision of price should be by psf...... Gale 2 brm is at least over 900+sf. My 2 brm there is 969sf.

Most of the condo at flora area are FH, why would someone choose a LH, next to expressway and cost the same as FH which is in the same area??
    Yours is stack 31 or 34? I like the "horizontal" layout for maximum brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfart

Should compare with ripple 3 bedder..cause same quantum..
    psf starts <850 .. And personally I think RB location much better..

I guess buyers have given the same signal too..so no need to fight over it..
    Rental yields will be better for RB..

Just be rational..
    Yes,i do agree RB location is better than Gale..in fact its better than all the condos in flora rd.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    Yes,i do agree RB location is better than Gale..in fact its better than all the condos in flora rd.
    Traditionally, buyers are attracted to the FH status. One of the cheapest FH condos in the east.

Limited FH land in the suburbs. Generally, middle class locals cannot afford FH properties in the central districts.

To ask for 900psf in this market will be difficult. Currently it's a buyer market with so many selections especially if not in a rush.

Personally I like gale cos of the 329 units but rb is definitely attractive in terms of location

Anyone know where is the piece of land in pasir ris the govt is releasing for international school?

Just be rational..
    Ya, u are only Sea Stranded only

Ya, u are only Sea Stranded only
    Hehe.. Nope I have gone for something closer to city..
    But even sea stranded is better than prison cell

RB has killed any resale hope for gale

Default Photos of progress at The Gale

Hi all, my husband and I were at the vicinity today (15 Apr 2012) and we took some photos so that everyone can see the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by veronicaong
    Hi all, my husband and I were at the vicinity today (15 Apr 2012) and we took some photos so that everyone can see the progress.
    Thanks Veronicaong, I am still optimistic of TOP by this year end.

Im rather optimistic of it as well as I heard that the developers are AIMING to TOP by NOVEMBER 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by spidery
    Im rather optimistic of it as well as I heard that the developers are AIMING to TOP by NOVEMBER 2012.
    From the photos and the state of the current construction, all bets are off for a TOP by Nov 12. I personally foresee that Mar 13 will be earliest date.

From the photos and the state of the current construction, all bets are off for a TOP by Nov 12. I personally foresee that Mar 13 will be earliest date.
    You may be right and I may be right too. My rationale is that what we see from the photos may not be representative of the project schedule as Contractor would normally focus on works in the critical path so as to meet the completion date. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG
    You may be right and I may be right too. My rationale is that what we see from the photos may not be representative of the project schedule as Contractor would normally focus on works in the critical path so as to meet the completion date. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
    From past experience, the photos shows that we are at least 1year away. The chance of TOP in nov is almost zero. The roads inside is not done, swimming pool not done and trees are not planted. Some stacks even have the netting installed and not removed. Well, if u still hoping for Nov, you will be able to sense the possiblity in 3months time.

Default TOP in Dec

I have sources (quite reliable one) that says the overall project is 75% completed (as of now) and is ready for TOP in Dec.

The electrical wiring and air con ducting are complete for most units. You can see the fan coil units in the living rooms of some units.

Major works or structural works have been completed. landscaping, painting and M&E works should not take too long, typically 1 or 2 months.

it should be ready by Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by sswh218
    I have sources (quite reliable one) that says the overall project is 75% completed (as of now) and is ready for TOP in Dec.

The electrical wiring and air con ducting are complete for most units. You can see the fan coil units in the living rooms of some units.

Major works or structural works have been completed. landscaping, painting and M&E works should not take too long, typically 1 or 2 months.

it should be ready by Dec.
    Thanks. I agree that landscaping. painting, roadworks do not take too long. I have no clues as to the progress of the swimming pool. 75% completion to-date is more like it. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks. I agree that landscaping. painting, roadworks do not take too long. I have no clues as to the progress of the swimming pool. 75% completion to-date is more like it. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
    Works are actively on-going, including weekends and public holidays. Just a few weeks back, we saw a large truck bringing in microwaves/ovens to the site! Hence, at least we know that the developer is serious about getting our (new) place ready

Hope to meet all of u soon... Anybody started looking for contractor?

Smile

. Oops double posting
    Last edited by Won-der; 19-04-12 at 08:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Won-der
    Hope to meet all of u soon... Anybody started looking for contractor?
    We need a Surveyed Plan with actual dimensions of the unit before meeting contractor to discuss on renov matters. The Plan will only be available upon TOP. One ID contractor I met at the Exhibition told me that he can work on ID proposals based on the floor plan available in the brochure. I am skeptical.

We need a Surveyed Plan with actual dimensions of the unit before meeting contractor to discuss on renov matters. The Plan will only be available upon TOP. One ID contractor I met at the Exhibition told me that he can work on ID proposals based on the floor plan available in the brochure. I am skeptical.
    You can use the brochure floor plan for the ID to provide an estimate but dont sign anything until the actual measurements were made when TOP. My ID didnt bother with the surveyed plan coz actual usable space needs to be checked for dimensions, alignment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by heutistmeintag
    You can use the brochure floor plan for the ID to provide an estimate but dont sign anything until the actual measurements were made when TOP. My ID didnt bother with the surveyed plan coz actual usable space needs to be checked for dimensions, alignment etc.
    Yes, makes sense. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by veronicaong
    Works are actively on-going, including weekends and public holidays. Just a few weeks back, we saw a large truck bringing in microwaves/ovens to the site! Hence, at least we know that the developer is serious about getting our (new) place ready
    Visited the site yesterday and saw work has started on the rampway leading to the basement carpark as well as the perimeter wall. Bin centre completed. Sign of good progress.

Visited the site yesterday and saw work has started on the rampway leading to the basement carpark as well as the perimeter wall. Bin centre completed. Sign of good progress.

Thanks for the update

just got a letter for another 5%. Surprisingly they charging me for the door window frame and electrical work but not the ceiling work. Strange. Tot it's ceiling first then electrical

Seems that the contractor is doing the landscaping now. it should take another 2 or 3 months for landscaping works to complete (by Aug). Then another 3 to 4 months for final works such as testing and commissioning of the lift, M&E system and the pneumatic waste conveyance system (hope it does not really consume much electricity). It consumes electrical energy each time you throw trash when the vacuuming effect is activated.

Any body started to look for ID? THe furniture and interior design expo is now on at the singapore expo.

Any body knows any lobang for a good (n cheap) feng shui master?

Does anyone have the floor plans for the penthouses?

Quote Originally Posted by freesia
    Does anyone have the floor plans for the penthouses?
    You can find the floorplan in the following website

http://www.thegalesingapore.com/floorplans.html

Quote Originally Posted by dlam
    You can find the floorplan in the following website

http://www.thegalesingapore.com/floorplans.html
    Thanks for the info.