Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gale (D17, Freehold, Tripartite Developers <Hong Leong>)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wah.....

tot its not about the duration? its about ventilating ur house after reno rite?

or u make a point to open the windows everyday for 2mths?

in Sg vy troublesome bcoz it keeps raining
    luckily my current one have a kind of small windows below, can keep on opening regardless raining or not.

but new one duno how to keep the house ventilating after reno... rush to close window if got raining?

That is the Volatile Organic Compounds. Hopefully not too much of formaldehyde (HCHO). It is proven carcinogenic, ie. cancer related illness.
    Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    i have waited for more than 2 mths to move in after my reno, till now (almost 2 yr liao), some drawer still have super strong smell.... luckily we don't have small baby at home...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    That is the Volatile Organic Compounds. Hopefully not too much of formaldehyde (HCHO). It is proven carcinogenic, ie. cancer related illness.
    the glue, the pressed wood products contributed a lot...
    And formaldehyde is one of the best known VOCs, is one of the few indoor air pollutants that can be readily measured. SG got any organization can conduct air quality testing with reasonable cost?

And formaldehyde is one of the best known VOCs, is one of the few indoor air pollutants that can be readily measured. SG got any organization can conduct air quality testing with reasonable cost?
    does those air purifyer helps? those wif hepa filter

nowadays got air ionizer too....not sure how effective

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    does those air purifyer helps? those wif hepa filter

nowadays got air ionizer too....not sure how effective
    don't think so, the air purifyer just cover the smell only. ventilating is very important, but it's difficult in SG as we can have rain very often....

best is to on the fan (not the aircond) 24 hours for 2 mths.... wow, super costly for the ele bill then....

got this from NEA...
    http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/qed/guidelines.pdf

By the way, did you ever buy something from IKEA? super smelly... because they are using pressed woods...

They do residential too...

Generally for homes, they do 3 point testing. (e.g 1 Living Room + 2 Bedroom)
    Estimated $100 ++ per point.

Indoor Air Quality SG.
    http://www.iaqsg.com/
    Tel: 62450109

Anyone else got better lobang?

By the way, did you ever buy something from IKEA? super smelly... because they are using pressed woods...
    only buy those small items like towels, pot/pans etc....hehe

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos

Indoor Air Quality SG.

thanks! i will properly conduct one testing once WV TOP. it's worthy to spend $500 for a good air quality 花钱买个心安

Do check on the sensitivity of those instruments and techniques employed those companies? Formaldehyde threshold level is 0.1ppm. Handheld instrument may not be able to detect it and you may just have a very good and clean report at the end of the day. I am surprised residents in homes are keen and willing to pay $100++ for such IAQ audit.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos

Indoor Air Quality SG.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Do check on the sensitivity of those instruments and techniques employed those companies? Formaldehyde threshold level is 0.1ppm. Handheld instrument may not be able to detect it and you may just have a very good and clean report at the end of the day. I am surprised residents in homes are keen and willing to pay $100++ for such IAQ audit.
    it's very normal in China to spend $$$ on this. i'm surprised that you are "surprised residents in homes are keen and willing to pay $100++ for such IAQ audit"...

mind to share more? why not?

Indoor air quality be a real a problem in air-tight spaces. Houses in China, particularly in Beijing and Shanghai can be airtight to keep the heat from losing to the outside when outdoor temperature is dropped to subzero. However, in Singapore, our external conditions are not so adverse. We should try to open our windows more often to ventilate the space. Try not too stay too long in an air-conditioned bedroom for too long as split air-conditioning does not provide fresh air. The room is like a fridge. Chemicals will out-gas from these materials and decay with time. Put bread in new fridge to absorb the chemical and turn on oven to bake out the chemical before roasting your turkey in the new oven. Phthalate is found in plasticisers and flexible plastics like toys and car dashboards which are harmful to our health. This was discovered more than 10 years ago but authority is looking into it seriously. This is responsible for the low birth rates, still birth, etc. Finally, check carefully on the techniques and instrumentations of the IAQ audit before engaging them, if really necessary.
    it's very normal in China to spend $$$ on this. i'm surprised that you are "surprised residents in homes are keen and willing to pay $100++ for such IAQ audit"...

mind to share more? why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Yin
    The block next to the spa village has reached about 6th floor now, it's on ground level 4 months ago.

I think other external work will not happen so soon. There's fork lifts going up and down, so should be on internal works now.

Isn't it better if it TOP later, give more time for contractor to do a good job...and who knows, it'll allow more time for the property to appreciate in prices....

I bought for own stay and therefore keen to move in. Price appreciation if any would be paper gain. Dev of this size, I understand would normally take 30 months. Based on foundation start month in Dec 09, should be ready by June 12 at normal pace without compromising quality. The advertised date of Nov 12 should be comfortable, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG
    I bought for own stay and therefore keen to move in. Price appreciation if any would be paper gain. Dev of this size, I understand would normally take 30 months. Based on foundation start month in Dec 09, should be ready by June 12 at normal pace without compromising quality. The advertised date of Nov 12 should be comfortable, I think.
    True...the earlier the better...wow June'12 sounds good as I've expected it to be end 2012 or later...

looking at the progress, i highly doubt that it will be ready by mid 2012, looking at end 2012 more likely

Words from Resident Engineer is also not mid 2012. They are targeting end 2012. Even by the stage of current construction, mid 2012 is not possible. After the paint have being coated, it will be at least 9 months before TOP. We have not seem the windows, the exterior wall, and some blks have not reached 8 storey.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooteo
    Words from Resident Engineer is also not mid 2012. They are targeting end 2012. Even by the stage of current construction, mid 2012 is not possible. After the paint have being coated, it will be at least 9 months before TOP. We have not seem the windows, the exterior wall, and some blks have not reached 8 storey.
    Yes, June 12 may be too optimistic. But Nov 12 should be quite firm. Anyway it's in developers interest to complete early as the development is under IAS, a cost which they would want to relief themselves from.

What u describe is is true in most case. However, the land cost for Gale is around $2psf. Add in $300psf construction, what u have paid in 20% deposit + the foundation and structure 20%, they have take back all the cost. What they collecting is just profits. These land are purchase over 20years ago. these are actaully agricultural lands

I just received a letter informing me that brick walls have been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by sgkingkong
    I just received a letter informing me that brick walls have been completed.
    That means u have just paid 45%. A lot of us have paid this 5% for the wall a few months ago. Means your blk is slow. I guess your blk is either the spa village facing or the last 2 blk near to Ballota.

well sad to say mine is the spa block and i just paid for concrete last week. brick wall still seem far away... long long wait till whole project is ready.

What u describe is is true in most case. However, the land cost for Gale is around $2psf. Add in $300psf construction, what u have paid in 20% deposit + the foundation and structure 20%, they have take back all the cost. What they collecting is just profits. These land are purchase over 20years ago. these are actaully agricultural lands
    wah amazing actually how did you get all these info? so i guess the laydown area for construction tools right now belong to tripartite as well?? any idea when will they develop the area?

Quote Originally Posted by ktl
    well sad to say mine is the spa block and i just paid for concrete last week. brick wall still seem far away... long long wait till whole project is ready.
    I am at 66

Concrete and brick wall was 1 month diff for me...

Thanks for the info. You are well informed. How naive can I be.

Quote Originally Posted by ktl
    wah amazing actually how did you get all these info? so i guess the laydown area for construction tools right now belong to tripartite as well?? any idea when will they develop the area?
    The showflat land and surrounding belong to Tripritate. There is an issue with these 2 site on the land lease. From wat i know, the lease issue is still not resolved. 1 site is FH and the other is zoned to 99LH.

The showflat land and surrounding belong to Tripritate. There is an issue with these 2 site on the land lease. From wat i know, the lease issue is still not resolved. 1 site is FH and the other is zoned to 99LH.
    any chance that they will develop it into commercial? it will be nice if there is a supermarket or small shopping mall just behind the gale

This topic of commerical in Flora is discussed until beaten to death. The land are zone for residential. So cannot develop commerical.

THe only hope is the former Shell land beside ballota. If not, will have to survive on the Mobil Station Cheers.

not necessarily. the masterplan is being reviewed currently, n a new one shld be up next year. it can be rezoned into residential cum commercial zone perhaps. but how big a chance? bigger if residents here send a petition to ura...

Those lands are already sold. Very little chance to rezone. If rezone, only new unsold land have better chance. The last piece of land that is going on sale is residential. So no matter how you petiition, it is going to be so remote.

Lets not talk about the commerical thing. Just imagine how long that the addition of entry point and outlet for the flora area. This have being petition for at least past 5 years that they finally link Flora Rd to Mariam. And this is in the plans to link the road. And it has taked so many years to realise. Not to talk about something not in the plan and wat we want.

how abt hong leong applying to ura for rezoning to residential/commercial? it's obvious the potential for commercial there, surrounded all around by residential. but of course that depends on hong leong, n not ura

I saw 3 scoop and dump trucks at the site next to Ballota last evening, in the past weeks, there's only 1. It seems like there'll be activity soon.