Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gale (D17, Freehold, Tripartite Developers <Hong Leong>)

Quote Originally Posted by dlam
    Hi sswh218, How did you submit your proposal to Liang Beng? Was it through a lawyer or you just write in directly??
    I wrote in to both the developer and Lian Beng complete with proposed layout drawings. The drawings give a clear idea on what are the proposed amendments.

From the outside, the gale construction seems slow. I guess they are working on the interiors of each unit, partitioning walls, door frames and pipings. These works are not visible from the outside and that possibly explains why the construction did not seem to progress much.

Just wondering who verifies the construction stage and approves the Developer's claim for payment.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG
    Just wondering who verifies the construction stage and approves the Developer's claim for payment.
    The architect certify the completion stage. If don remember wrongly, the firm is Ong & Ong. The actual architect name for our project is Mr Steven Low.

Hi Moomooteo, Thanks.

I do not see the degree of enthusiasm from GALEians compared with other Condos under construction like WV. Is there any other forum for GALEians. Really looking forward to the TOP and making new friends.

Well, the progress for Gsle now is really snail pace. I think resources are used at Hedges. But what to do? This is a freehold and developer can take their own sweet time. Furthurmore, on paper, it is 2014 end Sep. Hedges being a larger project will estimate to TOP in end 2014. The speed there will be faster as that is a leasehold. The clock is ticking down. That is why there is not much discussion on Gale as there is nothing to talk about. No progress so no excitiment.

But not much activity doesn't mean we are not around...

doesnt the construction company get the money earlier if they complete the project? will they really slow it down? i rem that at the construction site previously they actually put up a sign that they will completed the construction in nov 2012. if they past the date, wont lian beng get penalized by the developer?

Quote Originally Posted by ktl
    doesnt the construction company get the money earlier if they complete the project? will they really slow it down? i rem that at the construction site previously they actually put up a sign that they will completed the construction in nov 2012. if they past the date, wont lian beng get penalized by the developer?
    I, too believe that Lian Beng should be able to complete Gale construction by Nov 2012.

Has the Hedges park construction started? The TOP, on paper is 2015 and legal completion is 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by sswh218
    I, too believe that Lian Beng should be able to complete Gale construction by Nov 2012.

Has the Hedges park construction started? The TOP, on paper is 2015 and legal completion is 2018.
    think the signboard outside hedges site says by aug 2014. i also think nov 2012 for gale is not a prob. most blocks have hit the 8th floor, n perhaps they r starting on internal works, like piping, wh. can't be seen from outside?

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    think the signboard outside hedges site says by aug 2014. i also think nov 2012 for gale is not a prob. most blocks have hit the 8th floor, n perhaps they r starting on internal works, like piping, wh. can't be seen from outside?
    Thanks for the response. Feel encouraged and heartened by the response. Contractually Lian Beng and the Developer are only liable for completion by 2014. The Nov 2012 is not binding on Lian Beng. Really hoping that Lian Beng can complete by Nov 2012.

The block next to the spa village has reached about 6th floor now, it's on ground level 4 months ago.

I think other external work will not happen so soon. There's fork lifts going up and down, so should be on internal works now.

Isn't it better if it TOP later, give more time for contractor to do a good job...and who knows, it'll allow more time for the property to appreciate in prices....

My friend is comparing between 1,044sft and 1,033sft layouts, both 2+1. but from URA past records, the developer sold 1,033sft layout at slightly higher psf than 1,044sft. Any reason to that? Some of you who bought at launch might have the answer?

My fiancée bought from subsale, hence we've little information and unable to advise our friend who's considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Yin
    My friend is comparing between 1,044sft and 1,033sft layouts, both 2+1. but from URA past records, the developer sold 1,033sft layout at slightly higher psf than 1,044sft. Any reason to that? Some of you who bought at launch might have the answer?

My fiancée bought from subsale, hence we've little information and unable to advise our friend who's considering.
    The 1033sft 2+1 are all the spa village block. They are stack 40 - 44. Therefore they are sold at higher psf by developer.

For the 1044 sft 2+1, they are stack 26, 29, 36, 14, 19. These are not considered the premium stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooteo
    The 1033sft 2+1 are all the spa village block. They are stack 40 - 44. Therefore they are sold at higher psf by developer.

For the 1044 sft 2+1, they are stack 26, 29, 36, 14, 19. These are not considered the premium stacks.

Thanks for the infor. Any idea what's the future development on the empty land? It seems risky to get block 40 and 44, though facing spa pool, but the future of empty land is unknown.

The empty land all belong to Tripartite. All will be residential development. As to what u will face for these 2 stack when the new development is up on these lands, this I will not know. That is why pool views are worth more money to me. Your view is a certainty when u purchase the unit.

units with pool view may not necessarily be good as they are constantly exposed to chlorine gases which is emitted from swimming pool. Prolong exposure to chlorine can increase risk level of having cancer later in life.

In fact, in Feng Shui, pool view from your house is discouraged.

units with pool view may not necessarily be good as they are constantly exposed to chlorine gases which is emitted from swimming pool. Prolong exposure to chlorine can increase risk level of having cancer later in life.

is the chlorine emission that serious from a swimming pool??

Chlorine gas from pool. No so bad lah. In fact you will not smell chlorine in the air from the pool (based on previous experience). The last time, I even have a reflection pool right in front of my PES and bedrooms and I did not smelll any chlorine.

The chlorine used is salt form and i suspect is different from the public pool. I also suspect that the chlorine concentration is also lower for the condo pool. As to chlorine exposure, I think the national swimmers have the highest exposure as they spent alot of time in the chlorine water. I have not heard that our previous national swimmers suffering from cancer?

what i like about the pool view is that it is permanent and will not change due to new developments come up.

Chlorine has proven to be harmful to humans. Hve extracted some reports about effects of chlorine and swimming pool on humans as follows:

Unfortunately, the list of dangers of chlorinated swimming pools goes on. Chlorine, especially in children who frequent chlorinated pools, has also been documented as an aggravating factor in asthma. Several studies have also linked chlorine and chlorinated by-products to:

Bladder cancer
    Breast cancer
    Malignant melanoma
    Bowel difficulties
    Additionally, scientists are exploring a link between treated chlorinated tap water and congenital cardiac anomalies.

I also prefer fixed view. I'm happy even facing my own neighbours hahaha. but I don't like to face an empty land or greenery. It gives me a sense of insecurity that someone might be standing in the middle of the greenery looking at me...now that's imagination.

Pool view is really nice because it gives the resort feel especially in low rise condo. That you feel so breezy and at ease and you'll have no qualms about opening your balcony doors. I see many are doing that in Carissa Park patio units and Ferraria balcony/planter units. Friendly neighbors around.

Chlorine has proven to be harmful to humans. Hve extracted some reports about effects of chlorine and swimming pool on humans as follows:

Unfortunately, the list of dangers of chlorinated swimming pools goes on. Chlorine, especially in children who frequent chlorinated pools, has also been documented as an aggravating factor in asthma. Several studies have also linked chlorine and chlorinated by-products to:

Bladder cancer
    Breast cancer
    Malignant melanoma
    Bowel difficulties
    Additionally, scientists are exploring a link between treated chlorinated tap water and congenital cardiac anomalies.

I've not thought of this concern. but I guess, the clorine level is diluted that it won't spread the clorine smell to residents, and the risk will be high only if we get direct contact in a long period of time, ie. Dip in the pool for many hours everyday? Just like sun exposure is bad if in long hours, but generally we're fine coz we don't stand under the sun without sunblock for long hours. Sometime when I look at the contstruction workers working under the sun, that's bad.

In fengshui, some people's element has more water level, hence it's not advisable to face pool. But everybody's element is different so can't generalize also. But, for us, we are not advised to buy units facing water, that's why we gave up Ferraria patio unit though it's lovely. Nothing is ever so perfect

I wrote in to both the developer and Lian Beng complete with proposed layout drawings. The drawings give a clear idea on what are the proposed amendments.

From the outside, the gale construction seems slow. I guess they are working on the interiors of each unit, partitioning walls, door frames and pipings. These works are not visible from the outside and that possibly explains why the construction did not seem to progress much.

Have you got your request granted? We intend to do away the wardrobe in MBR. Should we write in or just dismantle it ourselves after we get keys? We're worried it'll affect the flooring.

Look at our national swimmers. Their hairs are all being bleached. Look at their skin closely too! Should not be so worried. The chlorine fumes should be diluted quickly once it mixes with the air. Skin allergy people should try not to swim too often.

Bladder cancer
    Breast cancer
    Malignant melanoma
    Bowel difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Yin
    Have you got your request granted? We intend to do away the wardrobe in MBR. Should we write in or just dismantle it ourselves after we get keys? We're worried it'll affect the flooring.

I have not receive any reply from Lian beng since they last informed me about them seeking approval from the architect whether the amendments are do-able. that was about a mth ago. I'll probably call Lian beng tomorrow to find out more...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Look at our national swimmers. Their hairs are all being bleached. Look at their skin closely too! Should not be so worried. The chlorine fumes should be diluted quickly once it mixes with the air. Skin allergy people should try not to swim too often.
    Chlorine is really nothing comparing with the in-door air pollution due to new buidling and reno!

Many Singaporean move into to new house immediately after TOP and reno, people hardly talk about this pollution things... in China, ppl usually only move to new house after at least half a year after renovation!

----------------------
    Home Renovations and Air Quality

Minimize Indoor Air Pollution on Your Next Home Renovation Project

Believe it or not, the simple act of swinging a sledgehammer or installing new flooring can actually pollute your indoor air more than you’d like to believe. When renovating and remodeling, and equally for new home builders, there are many factors to consider when it comes to maintaining excellent indoor air quality. There are factors that can contribute to poor indoor air quality throughout any renovation or building project all along the timeline, but contaminants are the main issue.
    There are many things that fall into the category of air contaminants, but they can be grouped into the following sub-categories:
    • Biological materials: Renovations can reveal contaminants in your home that you didn’t know you had - things like mold, fungi, insects, and so on. All of these biological materials can become airborne as you tear your home apart, creating irritants that bother eyes, nose, throat, and your respiratory system. If these result from chronically wet areas in your home, apertures through which bugs can enter, and so on, be sure to address any structural problems with the help of a suitable professional to prevent the contaminants from entering your home in the future. And while you work around these areas, be sure to wear protective clothing.
    • Combustion products: With poor ventilation, welding and using generators in your home during renovation projects can result in the addition of things like carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen oxides to your home’s indoor air. Poorly placed air intakes can also bring exhaust from outdoor vehicles (with similar contaminants) into your home year-round. Be sure to address ventilation issues, for your long-term health as well as for your short-term comfort during renovations.
    • Particulate matter: Think of this category as very fine dust or fibers that get introduced into the air during construction and renovation projects. Some particulate matter is non-hazardous, such as gypsum, limestone, cement, fiberglass, mineral wool, and plaster dust. These will however cause short-term discomfort, like skin, eye, and respiratory irritation. Hazardous particulate matter like lead dust (from paint) or asbestos are much more serious. Check out the US EPA’s Lead-Safe Program or Health Canada’s Lead site for information on removing lead paint, and get information about removing asbestos from the EPA and Health Canada before proceeding with projects with these materials.
    • Volatile organic compounds (VOCs): You’ve heard these talked about when referring to paint, no doubt, but these compounds which are released in the form of a gas can come from a whole host of building materials and can contribute to headaches, drowsiness, and eye, nose, and throat irritation depending on the concentration. Building materials that can off-gas long after they are installed including paints, stains, varnishes, coatings, caulks, sealants, carpeting, adhesives, resilient flooring, wall coverings, pressed wood products, cleaners, fabrics, draperies, foam, and fuels. To ensure you don’t add any of these stinky materials to your home reno of building project, look for products certified as green by the Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) Indoor Advantage Gold standard.

House is not so bad if one ventilate the place by opening all the windows. New car can be equally or if not worst than a house. Chemicals and PM coming from both inside and outside.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    House is not so bad if one ventilate the place by opening all the windows. New car can be equally or if not worst than a house. Chemicals and PM coming from both inside and outside.
    i have waited for more than 2 mths to move in after my reno, till now (almost 2 yr liao), some drawer still have super strong smell.... luckily we don't have small baby at home...

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    i have waited for more than 2 mths to move in after my reno, till now (almost 2 yr liao), some drawer still have super strong smell.... luckily we don't have small baby at home...
    wah.....

tot its not about the duration? its about ventilating ur house after reno rite?

or u make a point to open the windows everyday for 2mths?

in Sg vy troublesome bcoz it keeps raining