Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gale (D17, Freehold, Tripartite Developers <Hong Leong>)

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    But 325psf is real low.. Even woodlands super duper ulu site can get 365psf recently.. And Tamp EC land bid is also 395psf recently..

Anyway Gale is freehold no need to worry much.. Hedges park owners are the ones who should worry..
    Only issue abt Gale is it has big Bay windows.. when go for enbloc, developer will remove bay window area..real area will be abt 10% less..

Whole area is freehold..other developments can go for lower enbloc still be better off.
    But thats 20-30 years from now...who knows what's there in SG by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    But 325psf is real low.. Even woodlands super duper ulu site can get 365psf recently.. And Tamp EC land bid is also 395psf recently..

Anyway Gale is freehold no need to worry much.. Hedges park owners are the ones who should worry..

I think developers are just being sensible. And this could be their strategy too. I heard there's another piece of Flora land up for tender in August. So if developers bid high for the current piece and another developer got it lower for the next piece of land, the one who got it high will lose out when both condos are launched around the same period next year.

It's a win-win situation for all except government can't optimize the earning from this land sale.

The Gale being the latest freehold in this development has nothing to worry. Same goes to A-F too.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    Only issue abt Gale is it has big Bay windows.. when go for enbloc, developer will remove bay window area..real area will be abt 10% less..

Whole area is freehold..other developments can go for lower enbloc still be better off.
    But thats 20-30 years from now...who knows what's there in SG by that time.
    The Gale has big bay windows? The bay window size is the same as the Ferraria and most other project that i have seem. And bay window is not 10% of floor area. It can never reach that size.

If there is enbloc, all development is the same. I don understand the statement real area 10% less. All new development now have this 10% bonus on the GFA. The price that will fetch in an enbloc is not directly proportional to the size.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooteo
    The Gale has big bay windows? The bay window size is the same as the Ferraria and most other project that i have seem. And bay window is not 10% of floor area. It can never reach that size.

If there is enbloc, all development is the same. I don understand the statement real area 10% less. All new development now have this 10% bonus on the GFA. The price that will fetch in an enbloc is not directly proportional to the size.
    10% easy..measure again.. these developers made huge baywindow and AC ledges cause when they made the developements then those were not part of GFA..
    They sell to user but no need to pay for land for these..

When new development come these cannot be counted as part of actual area..so u lose all these area..
    Thats why for enbloc go for old developments which had lot of free area.. new developments are already maxed out.. no profit for enbloc.

Now in new developments no baywindow and smaller a/c ledges cause have to count as GFA. If have to buy uncompleted better buy new developments..more usable area unlike bay window and a/c ledges..which were only for developers profit.

10% easy..measure again.. these developers made huge baywindow and AC ledges cause when they made the developements then those were not part of GFA..
    They sell to user but no need to pay for land for these..

When new development come these cannot be counted as part of actual area..so u lose all these area..
    Thats why for enbloc go for old developments which had lot of free area.. new developments are already maxed out.. no profit for enbloc.

Now in new developments no baywindow and smaller a/c ledges cause have to count as GFA. If have to buy uncompleted better buy new developments..more usable area unlike bay window and a/c ledges..which were only for developers profit.

What about private terrace or roof terrace commonly found in penthouse? Part of GFA? For en bloc, will this area be counted or treated the same like Aircon ledge/bay window?

Thanks.

New projects no bay windows, but a/c ledges as big as a balcony. Most come with 2 A/C ledges somemore. BTW, A/C ledge not part of GFA, even in new developments. That is why they came in pairs now...ha ha.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jyychan
    What about private terrace or roof terrace commonly found in penthouse? Part of GFA? For en bloc, will this area be counted or treated the same like Aircon ledge/bay window?

Thanks.
    Depends on formula used for arriving the price by the committe. Most use part floor area and part share value. So it is not what like someone said that area is discounted ...

Depends on formula used for arriving the price by the committe. Most use part floor area and part share value. So it is not what like someone said that area is discounted ...
    It's fair to use share value which also determines the maintenance fee amount.

Thanks!

How's the progress at The Gale? Will it TOP by next year end?

Default TOP

How's the progress at The Gale? Will it TOP by next year end?

Progress depend on your blk. 2 of the blks (66,68) are slower than the rest, but TOP by 4Q2012 is very likely. Which blk did u buy?

By dec 2012 (next year), the gale construction would have taken 3 years ( from the time when the foundation is first laid (dec 2009). It is possible to move in by Jan 2013 after your renovation. ( before cny).

Progress depend on your blk. 2 of the blks (66,68) are slower than the rest, but TOP by 4Q2012 is very likely. Which blk did u buy?
    I don't know the block no. but it's near to the spa village.

Quote Originally Posted by sswh218
    By dec 2012 (next year), the gale construction would have taken 3 years ( from the time when the foundation is first laid (dec 2009). It is possible to move in by Jan 2013 after your renovation. ( before cny).
    That's 18 months from now...long wait still...

Default Minor modifcation at construction stage

Could someone advice me whether it is possible to request developer for minor modifications of my unit at construction stage and if possible, how to go about with the request. Thanks.
    SGsagaran

Quote Originally Posted by S Gunasagaran
    Could someone advice me whether it is possible to request developer for minor modifications of my unit at construction stage and if possible, how to go about with the request. Thanks.
    possible but slim chance

ask ur lawyer to put up a request for u

Can we choose our own surveyor since this is to be paid by the unit owner? If the actual unit is larger than the specification, owner should not be expected to pay extra, right? if actual is smaller than specs, we 'win' by receiving a compensation. if actual is bigger than specs, we 'win' by having a larger 'unpaid' floor area. So it is a 'win, win' situation.
    I have reviewed the S&P and found that the variation allowed is 3%. Anything smaller above 3% then is compensable. Another note is if area is bigger, then purchaser will NOT NEED to pay (clause 18.3 page 12). And S&P stated that the developer will get a registered land surveyor on certifying the area of the unit(clause 18.1 page 11). So u cannot choose.

Thanks for the info on floor area variation between actual and specs.

Does the S&P mention the cost that the unit owner and developer have to pay for the services of the land surveyor? Will it be 50% by owner, 50% by developer? Any formula on the cost to be paid out to the land surveyor?

Check clause 11.4 page 9. The purchaser shall on demand pay to the vendor the amount of contribution certified under clause 11.3 and all GST on the supply of the surveyor's service. So do not clearly state half and half. Up to developer discretion. I clearly remenber before key collection, I have paid the survey fee and 6months maintance. Anyway, you will receive the notice from your lawyers for the amount to pay.
    Last edited by moomooteo; 23-06-11 at 21:17.

Default Progress update

Anyone has info about the progress update of Gale?

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by RSG
    Anyone has info about the progress update of Gale?
    The progress recently is slow, and i do not know why. U can actually know the progress by the loan disbursement. Most of us are at 45%, unless u are on the 2 slowest blk.

However, still optimistic about TOP by end 2012

Thanks. I am also at 45% for Blk 64.

I'm not even at 45%...

mine is also at 45%.

Few days ago Lian Beng contractor called me about the status of my 2 requests 1) to change the master bedroom door location 2) opening a door between the common toilet and kitchen. Lain Beng told me they will submit my proposal to the architect (Ong & Ong) who would examine whether my proposal is feasible, i.e. meet safety requirement and others. My proposal was sent in Feb 2011 and I am surprised that they take it up only till now.

mine is also at 45%.

Few days ago Lian Beng contractor called me about the status of my 2 requests 1) to change the master bedroom door location 2) opening a door between the common toilet and kitchen. Lain Beng told me they will submit my proposal to the architect (Ong & Ong) who would examine whether my proposal is feasible, i.e. meet safety requirement and others. My proposal was sent in Feb 2011 and I am surprised that they take it up only till now.
    Woah! I am surprised they will look into this. For your 2+1, you want to hack the wall between the kitchen and the toilet to have direct access. Smart and good idea. But will the door obstruct the shower screen door?

And for your masterbed room , I guess u want to shift the door to be inline with the Study, so that the study is part of the master room. Wan to convert the study into walk in wardrobe is it?

The shower screen door can be made to swing inwards instead of outwards.

True indeed, the intention is to convert the study room into a walk-in ward robe.

I guess they will give me a quotation if these changes/amendments are possible, in particular new addition of a connecting door and possibly a different design shower screen door. But the re-location of the master bedroom door should not cost anything.

For the 4 BR units, a CLO/DB is provided on the wall at the Living room. Am interested to know the dimension of the CLO and is it meant for the DB only or is it big enough to store other items? Where can I find such info. Thanks.

mine is also at 45%.

Hi sswh218, How did you submit your proposal to Liang Beng? Was it through a lawyer or you just write in directly??

Quote Originally Posted by RSG
    For the 4 BR units, a CLO/DB is provided on the wall at the Living room. Am interested to know the dimension of the CLO and is it meant for the DB only or is it big enough to store other items? Where can I find such info. Thanks.
    Basically it is a closet and the DB box is inside. Lian Beng will just have 1 shelve and u have to add the other layers yourself (this is my guess from previous experience). As to dimensions, WYSWYG when you get key... I do not think anyone can help on this..