Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Oasis @ Elias (D18, 99 years, Chip Eng Seng)

Quote Originally Posted by tomdick12
    yes I agreed with you that Oasis and Lakeshore are the 2 best condo money can buy. You don't have to justify your reason for buying them mate, I fully support you

I am sure there are alot of buyers in future who want to buy low floor in Oasis for being near HDB, having a MSCP and also (not that near) to the beach.
    I think I better head down to the showroom and book soon.

Lakeshore was good in terms of facilities, location and amenities, but as a FE project quality not so good but most importantly the air in jurong really sucks. I gave up soon. Anyway i worked in east side so scouted the area and decided on O@E. Thats my reason, mate. Dont booked so soon, wait for the EC if you can. No harm waiting.

So how much did you make from selling your previous condo? You bought Oasis without loan right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77
    Lakeshore was good in terms of facilities, location and amenities, but as a FE project quality not so good but most importantly the air in jurong really sucks. I gave up soon. Anyway i worked in east side so scouted the area and decided on O@E. Thats my reason, mate. Dont booked so soon, wait for the EC if you can. No harm waiting.

So how much did you make from selling your previous condo? You bought Oasis without loan right?
    Bro. Cant tell you how much i earned but l do take up a loan. Frankly, i wont buy an FEO project again.

i wouldn't buy it for own stay either
    Before you discount O@E, perhaps you may want to visit the showroom one more time, but do so after visiting the newer ones around the vicinity first. You may appreciate what O@E offers.

I am also considering O@E and eyeing for one now. I definitely agree with Wolverine77 of the pros of the condo.

Frankly, the first negative comment is always "in the midst of HDB". I did harbour the same thought because I am currently staying in a so-called prime location surrounded with condos but far away from HDB and amenities.

For 10 years, I have to drive in order to do the simplest errands because the nearest market, banks, hawker centres are situated in the midst of HDB. After awhile, it is really a hastle. That is why I appreciate there is Elias Mall. It is a matter of exclusivity or pracitcal living for me. I think now I opt for the latter.

In my opinion, "condo-living must be far from HDB" is really a perception thing. Unless you are talking about prime districts, given land scarce Singapore, you can't avoid not living near HDB clusters. That's why the new marketing phrase is "near MRT". And MRT serves mainly HDB dwellers. Projects near MRT are now highly priced. Some even priced higher than FH condos, especially those older ones in Flora Road.

I was tempted to buy Livia but the small layout turned me off. The larger ones are highly priced. I don't think the upside is going to be great. I was also in the VVIP queue for NV, again the layout turned me off and I did not book any. Their land size are big but not for the actual unit.

I chanced upon O@E when visiting Livia. Immediately, I like the practical layout. A funtional balcony not just only a planter, a yard with clothes drying area, and of course, the price is right.

This is just my opinion.

For the rest of OE owners, I am glad we share the same view. OE shall not be short of buyers in the future as we already have all the pros to share. I will certainly join in the committee once I cfm a unit.

Best of luck!

[QUOTE=propertysgp]Yes, Simon, me too. I am happy with OE.
    For a HDB upgrader, i felt the price is better than other projects in Pasir ris.
    OE has a shuttle bus service and sheltered walk to mrt so i do not have to worry when it rains. Low maint. fees
    near to elias mall, a few metres, i am accessible to food, market, clinic.

"xxxxx"selling at 8xxpsf coz of other upcoming projects.
    Facing the noise and air pollution issue for next few years
    Other projects claimed near to mrt but when if it rains good luck.

so pple who is considering to buy a decent sized unit, why gotta pay so much for an unit at the other projects when OE is also value for money?

But sorry to ask, is mitsubishi inverter good? I thought Daikin is better?

Rgds[/QUOTE

I think ME Aircons are better. They are very energy saving and quiet too. Diakin also great brand. Anyway it is better than fuji and other funny brands.

Angelbee,

Not many units left. I think left about 60 plus. Since, you have made up your mind and better booked fast for choice unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelbee
    Hi

I m new to this thread and is considering O@E.

Understand that homogenous tiles are used as finishes in O@E, anyone knows the origin of the tiles used? Like whether the European brand is used or the China-made ones. I searched about homo-tiles and found out the inferior tiles may warp after awhile.

Gone are the days when condo means using marble.
    I think only the SIMS kitchen sink for O@E and no rain shower is a big let down, the rest of the taps and shower heads are made in germany, Hansa brand. Cooker, hob and oven are decent enough and reliable brand. I had used them before no big issue. Aircon is ME Inverter. But not sure whether there will be digital door lock. Quite unlikely, but during the The Parc Condo(same developer) TOP, there are alot of promotion to sell digital door locks right inside the premises.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelbee
    Before you discount O@E, perhaps you may want to visit the showroom one more time, but do so after visiting the newer ones around the vicinity first. You may appreciate what O@E offers.

I am also considering O@E and eyeing for one now. I definitely agree with Wolverine77 of the pros of the condo.

Frankly, the first negative comment is always "in the midst of HDB". I did harbour the same thought because I am currently staying in a so-called prime location surrounded with condos but far away from HDB and amenities.

For 10 years, I have to drive in order to do the simplest errands because the nearest market, banks, hawker centres are situated in the midst of HDB. After awhile, it is really a hastle. That is why I appreciate there is Elias Mall. It is a matter of exclusivity or pracitcal living for me. I think now I opt for the latter.

In my opinion, "condo-living must be far from HDB" is really a perception thing. Unless you are talking about prime districts, given land scarce Singapore, you can't avoid not living near HDB clusters. That's why the new marketing phrase is "near MRT". And MRT serves mainly HDB dwellers. Projects near MRT are now highly priced. Some even priced higher than FH condos, especially those older ones in Flora Road.

I was tempted to buy Livia but the small layout turned me off. The larger ones are highly priced. I don't think the upside is going to be great. I was also in the VVIP queue for NV, again the layout turned me off and I did not book any. Their land size are big but not for the actual unit.

I chanced upon O@E when visiting Livia. Immediately, I like the practical layout. A funtional balcony not just only a planter, a yard with clothes drying area, and of course, the price is right.

This is just my opinion.

For the rest of OE owners, I am glad we share the same view. OE shall not be short of buyers in the future as we already have all the pros to share. I will certainly join in the committee once I cfm a unit.

Best of luck!
    O@E 2 bedder is the largest. 3 Bedder has very decent liveable layout space. NV residence concept of the hidden closet on the floor kinda stupid and dangerous. I fully agreed with angel about good layout. Big land area but squeezy unit is not idea at all.

Default OE owners may feel insulted by your postings

We are not the same person lah chill! Oasis@elias is not bad actually. Wonder why all my agents advised me against it when I was shopping around for an investment unit.

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/2010/...as-review.html
    I agree with Acewee. Your previous posting seems to give pple impression that U feel ashame if u buy OE.
    Ask U, if you are an agent, will you be putting down the unit or project you market ans upsell other project? U may get to meet such agent if they are your frenz or you are v.lucky. Be wary of such agents badmouthing other projects, good ones will give neutral opinion.

a condo nested among HDB with a small mall beside it. Sure make the HDB upgraders feel really at home

Default Let's all start a roll call for Oasis@Elias Condominium

Block Unit No. Bedder Nickname Email(Optional)
    1. 72 6-24 3 wolverine77 [email protected]
    2. 72 16-23 4 propertysgp [email protected]

All the agents I spoke to are close friends. I think mostly only owners bad mouth against other development to make themselves feel at ease with their decision.

I still don't quite get it. If living near HDB is actually a benefit, then why don't get a HDB instead? Even when I bought my jumbo flat few years back, I choose it because it is not facing nor surrounded by any HDB blocks.

lastly, if Oasis is so good as what you guys said, how come it is still not 100% sold. Imagine when all the CDL condos are up, subsale buyers will be considering whether to get that condo within HDB or the condo amongst the condos. Which one would you choose?

Most people buy condo for status upgrade and you got to agree on this Else people would be like me and get a 192mq flat for just $380K with lift just outside my door. Talk about livable space and near to amenities my flat can beat all hands down wor But it is still a flat afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by propertysgp
    I agree with Acewee. Your previous posting seems to give pple impression that U feel ashame if u buy OE.
    Ask U, if you are an agent, will you be putting down the unit or project you market ans upsell other project? U may get to meet such agent if they are your frenz or you are v.lucky. Be wary of such agents badmouthing other projects, good ones will give neutral opinion.

Tom,

You have a point about that. HDB has it pros and cons too. I used to stay in HDB 5 rm in whampoa. I will not want to be tied down by all sorts of policies by HDB but the main point is HDB has really low security and carparks are not under surveillance. I have kenna having my new car vandalise and my neighbour unit having paint splashed at their door and even set fire on the unit. I used to live in HDB for 5 years and overall quite a pleasant feeling except those stated but alot of environment factors are mostly beyond your control. At least in a private estate such factors are more controlled. Of course, living near HDB area with amenities is a boon than bane. Having said that, Tom, no point arguing the HDB vs Condo(O@E). They are different altogether. My 2 cents worth.

As for comparing to CDL, almost all O@E forumers are not bad mouthing other developments in their respective threads. This is an O@E thread so it stays here whatever the comments are made. As long as you like your place of stay is fine. I like O@E and for those who bought NV and Livia are great too. :>

Attachment 1871

3. 66 09-11 hackjazz [email protected]

Tom,

You have a point about that. HDB has it pros and cons too. I used to stay in HDB 5 rm in whampoa. I will not want to be tied down by all sorts of policies by HDB but the main point is HDB has really low security and carparks are not under surveillance. I have kenna having my new car vandalise and my neighbour unit having paint splashed at their door and even set fire on the unit. I used to live in HDB for 5 years and overall quite a pleasant feeling except those stated but alot of environment factors are mostly beyond your control. At least in a private estate such factors are more controlled. Of course, living near HDB area with amenities is a boon than bane. Having said that, Tom, no point arguing the HDB vs Condo(O@E). They are different altogether. My 2 cents worth.
    Hi Tom,

I somehow agree with Wolverine, I took my new flat without any grant before one year the government release the news of granting 30K subsidy to 1st timer and without any floor finishing option. Both my wife and me have to sign the declaration " Having enjoying the Subsidy" during my second appt, such a turn off policy Mr Mah had introduced. And more tied down policies were introduced.

HDB and Condo is two different entities issue. Imagine paying $50.00 conservation fee and carpark $90.00, total $140.00, as compared with paying $210 (additional of $70) maintenance fee with a confirmed carpark space u r entitled for, usage of facilities and immediate complaint to management for thing you are not happy with. Condo is a tangible asset which will appreciated faster than HDB, please take note of that. To me, I will not pay $30K - 50K COV to the flat owner as it is such a waste of money as if you are giving the money to charity. Lastly, i will not buy a 30 year old 4 room flat with 400K. My 2 cents worth.

I also experienced alot of agents bad mouthing each project, but in the end i still prefer Oasis than Livia and Nv Residence. Please consider the distance away Oasis and Livia, possible 700M away, and yet the price is about $80K difference. Money is not easy to earn these days bro,
    i am very ethnic person and believe in transparent policy. Do you know some agents who put up the Ad in propertyguru or newspaper are the seller/Owner themselves? Directors of the Developer who bought the few units and re sold in the secondary market which had contributed the upturn the whole property market. That the reason i choose to buy @ new launch project.

As both my wife and I are in IT industry, we always get home probably around midnight or even later when there is IT Show, security is one of the main concern we are looking at, imagine for the current crime rate and influx of foreigners, scary murder news. Sorry, if i may sound offensive.
    I would suggest you to walk around the site, Livia and NV and you will know why you will be sweaty before you reach White sand for makan.

Very lastly, I am a HDB upgrader, not a investor...For own stay and my parent retirement enjoyment place.

thank for viewing

As for comparing to CDL, almost all O@E forumers are not bad mouthing other developments in their respective threads. This is an O@E thread so it stays here whatever the comments are made. As long as you like your place of stay is fine. I like O@E and for those who bought NV and Livia are great too. :>
    Every development will have its pros and cons. Sometimes being objective may be perceived as bad mouthing but as long as things are said in context, then it will serve its purpose in a forum.

As highlighted in my initial thread, my preference is O@E as compared to the CDL projects if we are comparing developments in Pasir Ris. I'm also an upgrader and I fully appreciate the convenience of living in a well served HDB estate. In my example, my current place has a mini mall concept that has a food court, supermarket, clinic, bakery, hair salon that is fully connected and sheltered from my block. While the main attractions of moving to a condo are security and facility, I must admit that in most instances, you lose the convenience of being close the the 'common services'.

Precisely for this reason why I said O@E is better than the CDLs. Residents of O@E will enjoy the convenience of the 'common services' while living in the security and accessible facility of the condo. As for being in the centre of HDB estates and potentially having your unit face a HDB block, I do not see it as any difference to having your unit face another condo unit. Within a condo, there are many choices of facing anyway.

For me, I just want to make the point that for own stay, O@E trumps the CDLs in 2 area, proximity to 'common services' and price. All other considerations (eg. proximity to mrt) are more or less equal. For rental yield, frankly I will choose neither.

imho.

PS. I do not own a unit at O@E.

hey guys wad i am trying to share is that property investment for the long haul will b great if you are able to lock-in the pricing of your purchase relative to a benchmark.
    And in this case i choose the plain vanilla which is land tender price + construction cost. So long as one is not paying more than 15% above the mentioned cost add-ups (land tender+ construction cost) one should be able to take on the inflationary hedge quite comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    I don't quite understand how land tender price is a factor for consideration of preference. Mind explaining?

Oasis land price is $228psf plus construction costs of $300-350psf = developer is selling around $640-$780. CES is earning profits easily. For us, most bought at average $700 which means an upside of $100-$150 as compared to NV/LIVIA now selling at $800-$1000(BUC). Confidently say O@E is a safe bet and the last EC tender price is even higher than OE. Cant be more cheaper rite?

Land price for Keppel which won the Lakefront Residence(Lakeside MRT) 623 units is $500psf + construction costs which goes up $400-500psf. What kind of pricing you would expect? $1100-1200psf? That makes O@E really affordable.
    Last edited by Wolverine77; 14-11-10 at 22:21.

Attachment 1873
    3. 66 09-11 hackjazz [email protected]

Default Sales of the 2 Condos

Total Number of Units in Project
    Cumulative Units Launched to-date
    Cumulative Units Sold to-date
    Cumulative Units Launched but Unsold
    Units Launched in the Month
    Units Sold in the Month
    Median Price ($psf) # in the Month
    Number Sold By Price Range
    Lowest Price ($psf) # in the Month
    Highest Price ($psf) # in the Month

NV RESIDENCES Pasir Ris Grove Hong Realty (Private) Limited
    Non-Landed OCR

642 480 418 62 100 81 831 728 1,193

OASIS @ ELIAS Elias Road CES Land Pte Ltd Non-Landed OCR

388 330 315 15 22 17 713 621 796

Total (including ECs) 1030 810 733 77 122 98 - - -
    Total (excluding ECs) 1030 810 733 77 122 98 - - -

its good to b optimstic...east is already a premium compared to the western part of singapore. so no doubt about the possibility. my worth would b that a home is not jus abt structures. A condo property is likey owning a prized candy. Candies are all but sugar. So different flavours for different p-type (people type) Ultimatley all owners must have a sweet loving experience. Sometimes sweet xperiences aint quantifiable Home Sweet Home
    Oasis land price is $228psf plus construction costs of $300-350psf = developer is selling around $640-$780. CES is earning profits easily. For us, most bought at average $700 which means an upside of $100-$150 as compared to NV/LIVIA now selling at $800-$1000(BUC). Confidently say O@E is a safe bet and the last EC tender price is even higher than OE. Cant be more cheaper rite?

Land price for Keppel which won the Lakefront Residence(Lakeside MRT) 623 units is $500psf + construction costs which goes up $400-500psf. What kind of pricing you would expect? $1100-1200psf? That makes O@E really affordable.

West and North really not a good choice. Best is central and east. HDB, DBSS and HUDC are all candies too. Priced differently but end up the same if the bubble burst.

Default Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network (Next Gen NBN)

The Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network (Next Gen NBN) is Singapore’s all-fibre ultra-high-speed broadband network, a project under the Intelligent National 2015 (iN2015) masterplan by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA), that is capable of delivering speeds of 1Gbps and above, to all homes, offices and schools to offer pervasive connectivity around Singapore.

Anyone has any idea will our oasis home be wired? From news that most condo owners or management do not want it cos it does not conceal the trunking.

Quote Originally Posted by drago
    The Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network (Next Gen NBN) is Singapore’s all-fibre ultra-high-speed broadband network, a project under the Intelligent National 2015 (iN2015) masterplan by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA), that is capable of delivering speeds of 1Gbps and above, to all homes, offices and schools to offer pervasive connectivity around Singapore.

Anyone has any idea will our oasis home be wired? From news that most condo owners or management do not want it cos it does not conceal the trunking.
    You can write to them to enquire on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by drago

wa.. even IDA can force stuff down people's throat.
    Sometimes... I wonder what these people are thinking..
    If your NBN is very attractive and offers immense benefits, those 20% will come begging for it. Even paying for installation.

Don't force things down people's throat.

Default O@E is OPENNET READY

I have checked with the project manager of CES on O@E. He told me it will be provided the conduit and points for allowing future opennet FO installation. Which means we are clear of this ugly installation thingy on our walls. Great news rite!

Default ChannelNewsAsia

SINGAPORE NEWS

23 construction deaths in 1st 9 months
    By Andre Yeo | Posted: 18 November 2010 1513 hrs

SINGAPORE: In the first nine months of this year, 23 construction workers died in Singapore.

This was revealed on Thursday by Senior Parliamentary Secretary (Manpower and Health) Hawazi Daipi at an event to mark Chip Eng Seng (CES) Engineering & Construction achieving one million accident-free hours at Oasis@Elias condominium at Elias Road.

He said so far this year, construction fatalities account for about 60 per cent of all work fatalities.

He said while the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) will take action against those who neglect work safety, enforcement cannot be the only way to prevent fatalities and accidents at workplaces.

This is because MOM officers cannot monitor the thousands of worksites in Singapore all the time.

He said developers, contractors, subcontractors and workers must play their part too.

Mr Hawazi said: "In safety, we are talking about lives, about people whose families can be greatly affected by the lack of safety. While we cannot put a value on safety, the lack of it can exact a hefty price on those affected".

He said those in management must have an effective management system to deal with safety and health issues.

He said falls from height is the top killer at worksites here, accounting for more than half of all construction fatalities.

He praised CES for ensuring all its worksites did not have any fatalities, this year.

Two CES workers had been killed in 2008 and 2009 - one was electrocuted and another was killed by a fallen object during a lifting operation.

Mr Hawazi noted CES had reduced injuries at their sites by over 60 per cent compared to last year and praised them for the improvement.

-CNA/wk

Well Done CES!

OASIS @ ELIAS ELIAS ROAD Condominium
    888,000 1,249 Strata 711psf Oct-10
    720,000 980 Strata 735psf Oct-10
    771,000 980 Strata 787psf Oct-10
    871,000 1,249 Strata 698psf Oct-10

Price trending up...