Thread: Caspian VS Carabelle. Please Help!

Default Caspian VS Carabelle. Please Help!

Hi to all,

My wife likes Caspian very much because it's near to MRT and future developments. We have reserved a 4 rooms ground floor unit, 1572 sqft yesterday with a cheque but agent promised us we can withdraw with penalty if we are not agreeable with the new launch price.

Current price is $8676000.00. I think it's too high to pay for a 99 LH condo with current situation.

Please kindly advise if anyone here has good reason for me to convince my wife to reconsider Carabelle.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by fisherofman
    Hi to all,

My wife likes Caspian very much because it's near to MRT and future developments. We have reserved a 4 rooms ground floor unit, 1572 sqft yesterday with a cheque but agent promised us we can withdraw with penalty if we are not agreeable with the new launch price.

Current price is $8676000.00. I think it's too high to pay for a 99 LH condo with current situation.

Please kindly advise if anyone here has good reason for me to convince my wife to reconsider Carabelle.

Thank you!
    Yes. 99yr, 4 room 1572 sqft with a price tag of $8 676 000.00.
    It is not just expensive.
    It is VERY expensive
    $5519 psf

.....with a cheque but agent promised us we can withdraw with penalty if we are not agreeable with the new launch price.
    If that is not a second typo, then you have not reserved a unit - but secured the option to buy that unit. Under the 'Option to Purchase' you have three weeks to excercise this option - if not exercised, 25% of your booking fee would be forfeited by the developer.

Hi to all,

Thank you!
    Hi,

If MRT/ accessibility is your main concern, I suppose that Carabelle could be a good choice too due to the fact words are going round that there will be a shuttle bus to MRT made available. With/ Without car, rental/ own stay, this will be an added selling pt?

Hi $2COE,

Thanks your input.

May I know whether have you find out the maintenance fees already?

Sorry, I should not mentioned 'reserved'.

Why not infinity... ranging from $575 to 650psd , FH (next to carabelle)

Hi to all,

Thank you!

Hey fisher, you speak of future development. What kind of future development will there be around the area? Has anyone studied the blue prints of that area yet?
    Mortgage Advisory and Brokering Services
    http://www.cpcgonline.com

caspian is attractive bcos your price works out to 552psf, i believe is currently the lowest for any new launch condo project or for the past yr.

i think is a bit hard to compare with carabelle & those west coast ones bcos not same location.

also depends if u buying for own stay or investment...

Development like Lakeside Village, Waterfront Hotels, New Science Center....etc.

NOt sure about the actual blue prints.

Hi i12buthouse, road entrance to infinity is not ideal. Just imagin the road condition during peak hours.

Talking

Seriously I think the location there is ideal for rental strategy in the future. The tenant profiles for that area ranges from university students to foreign white collar workers.

The university students who rent apartments there are normally from the rich families from Southern China, and the foreign white collar workers there are employed by the Singapore Government.

As the demand for Singaporean education from China increase, it will naturally improve the demand for rental housing there. The white collar workers there have a strong paymaster plus it is very close to many research facilities, all of which translate to stable demand for rent as well.

Of course, that is for the future la. TOP is still long way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeng Han Jun
    Seriously I think the location there is ideal for rental strategy in the future. The tenant profiles for that area ranges from university students to foreign white collar workers.

The university students who rent apartments there are normally from the rich families from Southern China, and the foreign white collar workers there are employed by the Singapore Government.

As the demand for Singaporean education from China increase, it will naturally improve the demand for rental housing there. The white collar workers there have a strong paymaster plus it is very close to many research facilities, all of which translate to stable demand for rent as well.

Of course, that is for the future la. TOP is still long way to go!
    All your list of potential tenant can never rent a four room condo.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    All your list of potential tenant can never rent a four room condo.
    Who says?

You got 4 bedrooms, right?

Rent 2 rooms to 2 or more China students. If got attached bathroom, lagi best can put more than 1 person to a room.

Rent one to Malaysian expat engineer or accountant.

Rent one to 2 or 3 KTV char boh, don't care Malaysian or PRC.

Wow.... monthly rent can collect at least $10k in total.

Hey ppl, how abt centris vs caspian? Which one will ur take

Quote Originally Posted by code01
    Hey ppl, how abt centris vs caspian? Which one will ur take
    For own stay or investment?

I take Caspian for own stay and Centris for investment.

This is because I don't think I can tahan living in Jurong Point. But there will be many expats and foreign students who will appreciate the great number of amenities and conveniences at Centris. If I am a foreigner, here for 2 or 3 years just to work or study and have some fun, no car, rely on MRT, buy groceries from supermarket, book plane tickets/exchange currency, love to buy clothes and other shopping, Centris is a lot better for my lifestyle. Think of it as a heartlander, cheaper version of Orchard Residences.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    For own stay or investment?

I take Caspian for own stay and Centris for investment.

This is because I don't think I can tahan living in Jurong Point. But there will be many expats and foreign students who will appreciate the great number of amenities and conveniences at Centris. If I am a foreigner, here for 2 or 3 years just to work or study and have some fun, no car, rely on MRT, buy groceries from supermarket, book plane tickets/exchange currency, love to buy clothes and other shopping, Centris is a lot better for my lifestyle. Think of it as a heartlander, cheaper version of Orchard Residences.
    ok thanks any other feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    Who says?

You got 4 bedrooms, right?

Rent 2 rooms to 2 or more China students. If got attached bathroom, lagi best can put more than 1 person to a room.

Rent one to Malaysian expat engineer or accountant.

Rent one to 2 or 3 KTV char boh, don't care Malaysian or PRC.

Wow.... monthly rent can collect at least $10k in total.
    *Whistle* There you have it. Good old strategy at play. Never fails. ahlahdin is an old~ hand. LOL

fisherofman,

It looks like you are buying for own stay, since it is a 4 bedroom unit. Renting out 4 bedrooms may be tough. Usually, foreigners prefer 2 or 3 bedroom units. IMO, development of the Lake area is still too early to talk about. Look at the Sports hub plan, government has already shelved that. Punggol development was also previously delayed. Jurong Lake development looks likely to be held back with the current turmoil.

IMO, if you want to buy a unit for stay, the opposite side of the lake will be better - Jurong East area. Caspian is located basically in Taman Jurong, right next to the industrial area, so many foreign talent and congestion.

If you decide to forfeit your deposit, you might be able to buy it cheaper later, if it drop below the current price.

If you decide to hold, given that the TOP is 3yrs later, there is a good possibility that things might get better and you might be able to rent or sell at a profit but of course you might have to endure the agony of seeing the price drop below your current buying price before it goes up again.

Default Why?

Seriously, I can't understand the appeal of the taman jurong / jurong west area.

The said location is within the daily chocolate smell radius (trust me, it's quite unbearable). Also with it being so close to the industrial area, the dust & dirt that sits on your home is of a concern (daily cleaning & sweeping is recommended)

Somemore it's next to the MRT track.. imagine the sound of MRT trains going thru your house every 3 minutes.. music to your ears..

However, If you've been living around Boon Lay, Taman Jurong, Old Jurong West, I guess the above conditions aren't really of an concern to you as you would have gotten used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    Seriously, I can't understand the appeal of the taman jurong / jurong west area.

The said location is within the daily chocolate smell radius (trust me, it's quite unbearable). Also with it being so close to the industrial area, the dust & dirt that sits on your home is of a concern (daily cleaning & sweeping is recommended)

Somemore it's next to the MRT track.. imagine the sound of MRT trains going thru your house every 3 minutes.. music to your ears..

However, If you've been living around Boon Lay, Taman Jurong, Old Jurong West, I guess the above conditions aren't really of an concern to you as you would have gotten used to it.
    now still got smell meh? is not so bad la, i dun live there but when i visit jurong point or go pass the area dont notice any smell leh.

caspian is surrounded by condos actually.. on left is lakeholmz, behind is an older condo, infront is parc vista, on right empty plot for future condo, diagonal NE is lakeshore.

nowadays it seems proximity to good schools is a big consideration for those who buy for own stay, so that chances of their kids getting into that sch or balloting is higher. Rulang Primary i was told by some parents is a highly sought after primary sch...

myself i dun like caspian cos too near to mrt haha.. but i can see the attractions lah

Don't forget the tons of migrant workers from China and malaysia living in the proximity... Tons....

Default caspian

if i am not wrong Caspian is a big project ... 600 units ??

whether for own stay or investment ..i would never buy any in a big project ...

when you want to rent out, potentially you will be fighting with some 300 (poosibly) other owners waiting to rent out ..

if you want to sell ...you also fighting with them to sell ..how to secure a good price ??

furthermore Lakeside, Lake holm i believe still not completely sold ..why rush to buy another big project there ???

if caspian is 550 psf .. you can always use that as a guide to counter any seller in the ready projects there .. at least you can 'see' the actual layout ... and can move in immediately ..as oppose to tying up your money waiting for it to TOP ...and upon TOP ..you may be disappointment with the actual layout ..or its environment ...

this is why most of the potential owners are HDB upgraders ...

caspian, 712 units to be exact..

Quote Originally Posted by august
    now still got smell meh? is not so bad la, i dun live there but when i visit jurong point or go pass the area dont notice any smell leh.

caspian is surrounded by condos actually.. on left is lakeholmz, behind is an older condo, infront is parc vista, on right empty plot for future condo, diagonal NE is lakeshore.

nowadays it seems proximity to good schools is a big consideration for those who buy for own stay, so that chances of their kids getting into that sch or balloting is higher. Rulang Primary i was told by some parents is a highly sought after primary sch...

myself i dun like caspian cos too near to mrt haha.. but i can see the attractions lah
    I also don't like the location
    It's not just too near to MRT
    It's side by side to the MRT track and main road

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    I also don't like the location
    It's not just too near to MRT
    It's side by side to the MRT track and main road

when i went to the showroom on monday, all the studio units were sold out..
    these units are all on 3rd and 4th story & facing the mrt track direction.

OMG
    they know what are they buying or not

anyone had the site plan?

Just out of curiousity, what are the PSF price for the studio? $580psf also?

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    Just out of curiousity, what are the PSF price for the studio? $580psf also?
    i didnt ask ...

maybe wait for caveats lodged to see

I think the Caspian was targeted mainly towards HDB upgraders living in the west area. Personally, I don't understand what the hype is all about.

There are more Cons than Pros:

Pros:
    Near MRT

Cons:
    Big Project 714units is huge...never seen the plan but I presume the blocks are closely stacked together
    550-599 for Jurong area? 99yrs? Don't see any future appreciation on investments. Cheaper than other projects around the area? Yeah...but thats a poor factor to consider.

My 2.5cents

Caspian launch is a good thing, let it be the next benchmark. There will be 6 more new condo launch 6-8 mths down the road.

To attract buyers new launches should be priced lower then Caspian to get sales going.

To all buyers out there, you know the game well enough don't let the developer take us for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    if i am not wrong Caspian is a big project ... 600 units ??

whether for own stay or investment ..i would never buy any in a big project ...

when you want to rent out, potentially you will be fighting with some 300 (poosibly) other owners waiting to rent out ..

if you want to sell ...you also fighting with them to sell ..how to secure a good price ??

furthermore Lakeside, Lake holm i believe still not completely sold ..why rush to buy another big project there ???

if caspian is 550 psf .. you can always use that as a guide to counter any seller in the ready projects there .. at least you can 'see' the actual layout ... and can move in immediately ..as oppose to tying up your money waiting for it to TOP ...and upon TOP ..you may be disappointment with the actual layout ..or its environment ...

Hi proud owner,

Thanks for your advise.