Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

asked agent about tennis court....reply is that there is a nearby country club..can always go there and play tennis...

there is a big forest nearby...what the heck need the bird watching??

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    they will hold for as long as they can until they breach the 20% devaluation mark and banks ask them for top up. then they will be pushed to sell.

but pple pls, buy buy buy! still a couple more hundred psf to go before i hit my profit target . i wanna close the year with a bang leh
    your sail ah? no need sell lah, unless u intend to buy back on dip later

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

name with "Sun"?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    church of a poison mind ...

your sail ah? no need sell lah, unless u intend to buy back on dip later
    See how lah. bank penalty is so low anyways so anytime can sell - anyways my lock in period only 1 year, at expiry gam gam hoh IR and MBFC will be up.

I'll sell, go back to HDB or my mom's place or maybe rent. I'll wait until next dip and see what happens. Meantime, convert half into gold bullion, the other half put into high-yield fixed-d and live off the interest lor.

Alternatively, buy a nice houseboat and live in 1deg15.

Anyone knows the takeup rate for this project at present?

i was so excited when was told it will be lauching soon but after seeing the floors plans and artist impression, my dreams burst into bits!

1. Price - about $900++ psf! siao! D20 and paying for such high price! equivalent to Arte, which is D12! no brainer on this.

2. Design - machiam old fashioned HDB. nothing special about it.

3. Amenities - Jogging track and Bird watching. Why such amenities when Pierce is just across the street? Pool is pathetic!

overall utter disappointment. only highlight is freehold and this definitely bring down the price on Horizon Gardens and neighbour 99-yr Condo.

2 words to describe Meadows, utter disappointment.

Not forgetting there's NO tennis court too.

Quote Originally Posted by dfstan
    i was so excited when was told it will be lauching soon but after seeing the floors plans and artist impression, my dreams burst into bits!

1. Price - about $900++ psf! siao! D20 and paying for such high price! equivalent to Arte, which is D12! no brainer on this.

3. Amenities - Jogging track and Bird watching. Why such amenities when Pierce is just across the street? Pool is pathetic!

overall utter disappointment. only highlight is freehold and this definitely bring down the price on Horizon Gardens and neighbour 99-yr Condo.

2 words to describe Meadows, utter disappointment.

maybe no gym even .. hahah

just kidding ~

maybe no gym even .. hahah

just kidding ~
    Got Gym la...but quite miserable type..looks very small..

There ameneties of Monkey watching at the opposite park too

Quote Originally Posted by tick
    Got Gym la...but quite miserable type..looks very small..

There ameneties of Monkey watching at the opposite park too
    I have given this project a miss. For those who visited the showflat: Can you really see the reservior from the new block as I understand it is rather low-rise?

[quote=dfstan]i was so excited when was told it will be lauching soon but after seeing the floors plans and artist impression, my dreams burst into bits!

Absolutely Right !!!!!

Crazy People + Crazy Price = No Brainer

[quote=Honesty]
    Quote Originally Posted by dfstan

Absolutely Right !!!!!

Crazy People + Crazy Price = No Brainer
    Bird watching is not too bad. Residents may be watched by wild animals like monkeys and snakes given the distance from the nature reserve. They should check the forum near Bukit Timah reserve like Raintree, etc. Learnt that they have interesting encounter with them.

Review on this project.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Condo+...ws+%40+Peirce/

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I have given this project a miss. For those who visited the showflat: Can you really see the reservior from the new block as I understand it is rather low-rise?

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    Looking at the site. It is impossible to see the reservior on the top floor of the 5-storey block. The top floor of the tower block may have a slim chance given the trees around the reservior are quite tall. They will definitely get a lot more rainfall. They should harvest the rain and water the gardens in the development. Maybe they can get a Greenmark platinum award.

If the go up the building near the area, you can see that the trees (line of sight from tower block to resevior ) is the same or higher than the tower.
    e.g frametree park, country esquire or blk 601 ang mo kio.

From blk 601, take the lift to the eight floor, you can see the M@P tower block, crane and the tree height.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170

guys for argument sake, Meadows land bought at $400 sells at $900, whereas Centro bought at $600 and sells at $1200, who's more outrageous ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    guys for argument sake, Meadows land bought at $400 sells at $900, whereas Centro bought at $600 and sells at $1200, who's more outrageous ?
    Now we know how our garment squeezes it's peasants.

does anyone know what's the real takeup rate of this project ? I dropped by yesterday afternoon (running an errant), I saw the chart there, most of the units taken (with the red dot). Only left a few penthouses and some large units. Although that infamous 14 story point block is quite empty, I guess ppl are doing their sums correctly.

btw, as a stark contrast with Centro, the chart in Meadows shows all units of the project. So at one glance u really see where it's selling and where it's not. Centro only shows the 2bds under floor 17, and marks all of them "sold". If u dun look at it closely, you would have thought all Centro units sold

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i believe developers wud hv to pay sme development fee based on number of units they are going to cnstruct. If 400psf is developers cost of air space per unit, u factor in anther 300psf for building n developer earn 200psf per unit whch seems about right.
    You are quite right about this!

I found this:

##############################################
    2008-03-06: SINGAPORE : Poh Lian Construction, a unit of United Fiber System, has won the building contract to redevelop a site formerly known as Green Meadows condominium along Upper Thomson Road.- R" d# r0 V$ s
    . [, O: f) U( E1 a/ T+ @
    The contract, awarded by UOL Development, is worth about S$202 million." X6 g+ W; D" u1 p/ ~* v2 ]
    . m! I0 @3 F g3 l# H& A
    The award of the project has boosted Poh Lian's order book to a new record of S$550 million, up 58 percent since January 31.
    9 @4 k& W, }) R a6 Q
    Poh Lian said the latest contract is expected to contribute positively to the group and is expected to have a material impact on its current year's results.

So the construction cost is almost $316 psf! . Z4 [6 B( C- V. ]# j# w5 J9 Y

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    You are quite right about this!

I found this:

2008-03-06: SINGAPORE : Poh Lian Construction, a unit of United Fiber System, has won the building contract to redevelop a site formerly known as Green Meadows condominium along Upper Thomson Road.- R" d# r0 V$ s
    . [, O: f) U( E1 a/ T+ @
    The contract, awarded by UOL Development, is worth about S$202 million." X6 g+ W; D" u1 p/ ~* v2 ]
    . m! I0 @3 F g3 l# H& A
    The award of the project has boosted Poh Lian's order book to a new record of S$550 million, up 58 percent since January 31.
    9 @4 k& W, }) R a6 Q
    Poh Lian said the latest contract is expected to contribute positively to the group and is expected to have a material impact on its current year's results.

So the construction cost is almost $316 psf! . Z4 [6 B( C- V. ]# j# w5 J9 Y

Whatever the developer pay for the project has nothing to do with the buyers. Buyers need not to justify their selling prices.

Not every businesses will make money. If you are in the wrong timing then just to bad.

Every businessman need to make profit from their products but that provided there are buyer which willing to buy at the high price.

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Whatever the developer pay for the project has nothing to do with the buyers. Buyers need not to justify their selling prices.

Not every businesses will make money. If you are in the wrong timing then just to bad.

Every businessman need to make profit from their products but that provided there are buyer which willing to buy at the high price.
    Well Said !

wah lao, UOL stoop so low to mislead people liao still thick skinned stand by their ads say not misleading.

"In UOL Developments’ recent advertisement for Meadows@Pierce, a freehold condominium project in Upper Thomson Road expected to be ready around 2012, the developer ran a map showing station sites of the future Thomson Line, which will only be completed in 2018.
    These include ‘Springleaf’, ‘Kebun Bahru’, ‘Venus Drive’ and ‘Sin Ming’ stations.
    Another major developer, Far East Organization, showed the location of a ‘Marine Parade MRT’ station in an online page for its Silversea condo. The east coast development is expected to attain TOP in 2014.
    The station is supposedly part of the Eastern Region Line, which will be completed in 2020.
    The Land Transport Authority has not confirmed the alignment of the new rail projects, much less the location of stations. An LTA spokesman dismissed the developers’ information as ‘wild guesses’.
    Far East Organization declined to comment; but Ms Claire Cher, spokesman at UOL Group, parent company of UOL Developments, said it got the location and names of the stations from singeo.com – an online map service.
    According to the website, the names and locations of the supposed Thomson Line stations were suggestions from users.
    Ms Cher nevertheless stood by the advertisement, saying ‘we’re not misleading, because we put the word ‘planned’ under each of the station site’.
    The Consumers Association of Singapore does not quite agree.
    Case executive director Seah Seng Choon said that it fell short of the advertising industry’s code of practice, which dictates that all advertisements should be ‘legal, decent, honest and truthful’.
    ‘In this case, the sites of the MRT stations as indicated in the advertisement are questionable when the LTA has not confirmed them. As such the advertisement could be misleading.’
    Other developers interviewed said it is an occasional practice among some players to include hypothetical sites of new stations in their sales materials – although some frown upon it.
    Mr Gerry de Silva, head of group corporate affairs at City Developments, said his company does not resort to this."

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    wah lao, UOL stoop so low to mislead people liao still thick skinned stand by their ads say not misleading.

"In UOL Developments’ recent advertisement for Meadows@Pierce, a freehold condominium project in Upper Thomson Road expected to be ready around 2012, the developer ran a map showing station sites of the future Thomson Line, which will only be completed in 2018.
    These include ‘Springleaf’, ‘Kebun Bahru’, ‘Venus Drive’ and ‘Sin Ming’ stations.
    Another major developer, Far East Organization, showed the location of a ‘Marine Parade MRT’ station in an online page for its Silversea condo. The east coast development is expected to attain TOP in 2014.
    The station is supposedly part of the Eastern Region Line, which will be completed in 2020.
    The Land Transport Authority has not confirmed the alignment of the new rail projects, much less the location of stations. An LTA spokesman dismissed the developers’ information as ‘wild guesses’.
    Far East Organization declined to comment; but Ms Claire Cher, spokesman at UOL Group, parent company of UOL Developments, said it got the location and names of the stations from singeo.com – an online map service.
    According to the website, the names and locations of the supposed Thomson Line stations were suggestions from users.
    Ms Cher nevertheless stood by the advertisement, saying ‘we’re not misleading, because we put the word ‘planned’ under each of the station site’.
    The Consumers Association of Singapore does not quite agree.
    Case executive director Seah Seng Choon said that it fell short of the advertising industry’s code of practice, which dictates that all advertisements should be ‘legal, decent, honest and truthful’.
    ‘In this case, the sites of the MRT stations as indicated in the advertisement are questionable when the LTA has not confirmed them. As such the advertisement could be misleading.’
    Other developers interviewed said it is an occasional practice among some players to include hypothetical sites of new stations in their sales materials – although some frown upon it.
    Mr Gerry de Silva, head of group corporate affairs at City Developments, said his company does not resort to this."
    Many buyers brought units there because of the misleading marketing adopted by UOL. They use this to push up the price. This is another case of misleading seller, similar to the mini-bond case in the financial industry. Buyers should start complaining to the authority & ask for compensation (since most are paying higher than the market value at that time).

Unscrupulous developer (UOL) & marketing agent (ERA)

What's ridiculous is that in the same section of the ST article about misleading sales info by Meadows, there's a full-page advertisement of the condo, with the "planned" MRT stations still there.

i think the most important sentence in the article is: An LTA spokesman dismissed the developers’ information as ‘wild guesses’.

They already used the word 'planned' to counter it but still unethical and unfair. Buyers should have a right to return their units for a full refund if they wish to.

my personal view is that the property industry is in a mess, with already many reported cases of agents misleading/cheating people, false advertisements (on national newspaper some more), misleading show rooms (what u see is not wat u get)... sigh the government has been too lenient on this group of people... in the end the ill-informed buyers suffer.. sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    yes I agree with what you said.
    But really, is this just wishful thinking ? Developer will never sell below cost, that's for sure (unless it's going bankrupt like in some other countries), so you either take it or leave it. Today another land parcel at the end of Yio Chu Kang road (joining Seletar) is put to tender by URA. Expected price ? $300psf. With this, developer will have to sell $800psf in the end. In that area ? Buyers again need not to justify that selling price. But like this you will be forever priced out, until the next market crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    my personal view is that the property industry is in a mess, with already many reported cases of agents misleading/cheating people, false advertisements (on national newspaper some more), misleading show rooms (what u see is not wat u get)... sigh the government has been too lenient on this group of people... in the end the ill-informed buyers suffer.. sigh...
    Let's just hope that the relevant authority would do something about this. Eventually it is the buyers (some genuine buyers) who suffer from these unscruplous marketing techniques used by developers/agents. Just like what was mentioned in the papers, countries like Japan have measures to ensure that "future lines or stations are not allowed to be presented in sales collaterals unless the plan is already annouced to the public by the transportation company". It seems like all these types of unscruplous marketing are really getting out of hand.
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i think the most important sentence in the article is: An LTA spokesman dismissed the developers’ information as ‘wild guesses’.

They already used the word 'planned' to counter it but still unethical and unfair. Buyers should have a right to return their units for a full refund if they wish to.

Sue UOL and ask them to prove that a station is being "planned" in its vicinity....

....either they kanna OSA or they lose the case....
    Last edited by southpark2000; 08-08-09 at 13:57.