Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

Quote Originally Posted by tick
    Yes, confirm the stretch along the main road is super noisy...I witness it at the showroom around 7pm....the actually lock the door so that people will not experience the real noise...

the agent try to convince that..."both of you working in the day, correct? then you won't be affected by the road noise, correct?...."

there's a bus-stop along that road just outside the project. imagine u buy a unit near that road and every morning from 5am onwards till late at nite, u have to suffer the sounds of the creaky buses stopping and starting at the bus-stop!

also pp walking along that road to the bus-stop or the nearby eateries will be able to look into your unit. I understand the other 2 bedrooms will be facing towards this road...

inexplicably, prices for these units seem to be more expensive than those of the opposite row nearer teacher's estate...

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...43265,00.html?

Published July 25, 2009

UOL sells 180 units of Meadows condo

By TEH SHI NING

UOL yesterday sold 180 of the 250 units made available at a private preview of its condominium Meadows@Peirce.

IN DEMAND
    The development, on what used to be the Green Meadows condominium site, comprises a 14-storey tower and three five-storey blocks

Units in the 479-unit freehold project in Upper Thomson Road were sold for an average of $880 per sq ft, the developer said. Of these, 87 three-bedroom units were sold for between $1.1 million and $1.5 million each.

The development, on what used to be the Green Meadows condominium site, comprises a 14-storey tower and three five-storey blocks. Units range from 517 sq ft one-bedroom apartments to 3,068 sq ft five-bedroom penthouses. Ten of the 49 penthouses were sold at yesterday's preview.

UOL initially planned to release 150 units at the preview, but raised this to 250 due to demand, said group chief operating officer Liam Wee Sin.

At the official launch on Tuesday, 100 more units will be released at an average price of $880 psf. UOL is offering buyers an interest absorption scheme.

Mr Liam said that home sales have picked up strongly in recent months. 'The successful preview demonstrates the pent-up demand in the Thomson area for a new development,' he said.

Units at two 99-year leasehold condominiums - Far East Organization's Centro Residences at Ang Mo Kio and TID's Optima@Tanah Merah - are slated for release at previews next week.

remaining 3bedders i saw was going at $950 psft...
    i think calrose seems a much better buy now..

Given this scenario, I don't think owner of Calrose is going to let go cheap....

Anyway it will take a while now before buyers of Meadows will let go below purchase price...I will wait till TOP to see what happens...

Interested in the 4 Bedroom Tree house unit....or a penthouse with the masterbedroom at top floor...

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    no approval granted for building anything > 5 storeys high but they are allowed to refurbish the existing tower. if they tear it down, they cannot build higher than 5 storeys. tink it's smtg to do with the zoning guidelines etc etc. me only layman so don't know what are the right terms....
    dun make sense that the authorities can allow this practice. if there is height limitation of 5 storeys than the old tower should be torn down as meadows@pierce is now a NEW project.

the old tower creates a strong 2nd hand feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by cndomay
    dun make sense that the authorities can allow this practice. if there is height limitation of 5 storeys than the old tower should be torn down as meadows@pierce is now a NEW project.

the old tower creates a strong 2nd hand feeling.
    Will the old structure be able to withstand another 30-50 years lifetime?
    hope things stay strong...

because heard that the refurbished tower block is priced >$1,000 psf..

Will the old structure be able to withstand another 30-50 years lifetime?
    hope things stay strong...

because heard that the refurbished tower block is priced >$1,000 psf..
    ' refurbished ' is an ugly word

wonder whether all the pipping and internal electrical wiring will be changed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    wonder whether all the pipping and internal electrical wiring will be changed as well?
    If it used to be Green Meadows, then the tower is about 28 to 32 years old ( TOP around 1977 or 1981 ).

thought only sungei rd or sim slim tower sell refurbished things...

the agent claim that many of the ex-owners (green meadows) bought back their old units..

imagine UOL paid, say $400 psf, to the ex-owners when enbloc.
    How on earth will the ex-owners repay $1,000 psf to get the same view?? (maybe with some refurbishment and facilities..)

Cannot imagine leh...

' refurbished ' is an ugly word
    all the more the pricing just begs to be buggered ...

very simple, agent talking cock....

the agent claim that many of the ex-owners (green meadows) bought back their old units..

How on earth will the ex-owners repay $1,000 psf to get the same view?? (maybe with some refurbishment and facilities..)

Cannot imagine leh...

Cannot imagine leh...
    Either the agent is cock or the ex-owners are cock

it could well be that the project is paid 400psf per plot ratio AND the new units are smaller than the old units, so in effect, the old owners got a higher $ amount back and able to plough back to buy a new unit. but i agree that they will be suckers if they do so.

Cannot imagine leh...

went to the showflat late evening...so crowded and had to park on the roadside and contribute $50 ticket to nation building...

Project was snapped up like hotcakes. I guesstimate maybe 60% sold for the low units.

Refurbished units are not moving as hot, overheard many people saying that why take refurbished and pay thru the nose??

Agent keep pressing for my cheque, but just keep resisting...because anyway not much good units left, and remaining are those facing the roadside, which is quite noisy. that's my field report today.

what is the discount for a refurbished unit? even when govt buy refurbished navy submarines, there is a discount.

what is the discount for a refurbished unit? even when govt buy refurbished navy submarines, there is a discount.
    No discount for the refurbished units.

In fact, the refurbished units (avg $1,000 psf) is priced higher than the newly built units (avg $900 psf)...due to unblock view

Default Walking away....

I lived and went to school around the area and have been looking forward eagerly for this condo to be launched. Just for sharing sake, here're the reasons why I'm walking away from this development after visiting the showflat on Saturday:

(I was looking at a 3BR for living in or investing to give you an idea of the factors that I would have considered and to put the following into perspective...)

1. Only some parts of the development is within 1km of St Nicholas - so that leaves me to focus only on the Yio Chu Kang Road end of the development.
    2. These low-rises have balcony and master bedroom that faces inwards, i.e. to the pool, and NOT the reservoir, which I want. Granted I understand that the road between the condo and reservoir is a busy road but hey, when the road is busy, I'm also part of the crowd on the way to work or back from work!
    3. So the agent suggested that I could merge the 2nd and 3rd BR, which faces the reservoir into the master bedroom and study type of configuration - but there's an air-con ledge between the two rooms... and removing the number of rooms etc reduces the resale value of the unit, unless it is designed well, or so I'm told.
    4. So lets say we move to the point block then - the 3rd BR of the 3BR unit is ridiculously small compared to the other two bedrooms. It can only fit in a single bed.
    5. The point block is next to the light industrial estate.
    6. Price - in D26, no doubt FH and MRT is coming up, the price seems far out at $900+psf. How much more upside can there be is a question I find very hard to answer.

However, there are many interesting amenities in the development - tree houses for the kids, bird-watching tower, dog running court (don't understand this when the reservoir is so near!), next to the reservoir, 3 pools (why not tennis court?). Clearly would be a fabulous environment to grow up in for kids.

For me, I'm walking away...Congratulations to those who bought

Cannot imagine leh...

ahhah enbloc-ed, and ex owners buy back at higher psf ..

btw, even if you choose the top floor of the tower block, you cannot see the reservoir. The trees of the nature reserve are very dense and tall, you will at most be at the tree tops level.

Quote Originally Posted by Windyblue
    the resale value of the unit, unless it is designed well, or so I'm told.
    4. So lets say we move to the point block then - the 3rd BR of the 3BR unit is ridiculously small compared to the other two bedrooms. It can only fit in a single bed.

nowadays a 2+1 is marketed as a 3 bdr
    a 1+1 marketed as a 2 bdr

i find this across the board, developers r greedy and less than honest.. oh well willing buyers willing seller ~

there r way more value in older developments imo

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    ahhah enbloc-ed, and ex owners buy back at higher psf ..
    Why dun the ex owner of amberville buy back silversea. Wahaha

No point bashing this project lah. The fact that they manage to sell so many units means market approving this project already. Old flat more value? May be. But Singaporeans prefer everything new. It is like why people will buy 110sqm new HDB vs the 10-year old 120sqm flat. People prefer new car to 2nd hand car.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Why dun the ex owner of amberville buy back silversea. Wahaha
    wahhahah

or that long faced singer who lived in Horizon tower ? thot kana enbloced .. somemore news paper interviewed her ..and she so proud show off her apt ...

she should buy another unit and push for enbloc

wahhahah

or that long faced singer who lived in Horizon tower ? thot kana enbloced .. somemore news paper interviewed her ..and she so proud show off her apt ...

I pity those owners of HT. You know some of them bought a few more units when HT enbloc was hot. See la.

actually why bother to post anymore? whatever we say people still will buy at these ridiculous prices. i'll just tiam tiam, let the prices rise - hit my profit target tiam tiam sell, then go for a beer with some bros here and shop together for pateks

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    actually why bother to post anymore? whatever we say people still will buy at these ridiculous prices. i'll just tiam tiam, let the prices rise - hit my profit target tiam tiam sell, then go for a beer with some bros here and shop together for pateks
    I am just curious - what happens if (for whatever reasons) this launch price is the highest that we cans ee for this project and the price dips from here onwards....will the investors still sell (at a loss) or will they hold and get rental yield instead?

what's the sales status like now? heard UOL already released all the units on sunday morning due to overwhelming response?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Who is that hah?

wahhahah

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Who is that hah?
    church of a poison mind ...

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    I am just curious - what happens if (for whatever reasons) this launch price is the highest that we cans ee for this project and the price dips from here onwards....will the investors still sell (at a loss) or will they hold and get rental yield instead?
    they will hold for as long as they can until they breach the 20% devaluation mark and banks ask them for top up. then they will be pushed to sell.

but pple pls, buy buy buy! still a couple more hundred psf to go before i hit my profit target . i wanna close the year with a bang leh