Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

The car run down the slop on these bends, along the previously race track years back.. Yes sg only race track In the good old days on the old Thomson road

UOL bought it very cheaply in 2007.

UOL bags Green Meadows for $255m

UOL Group has bought Green Meadows at Upper Thomson Road for $255 million through a collective sale.

The unit land price for the 455,379 sq ft freehold site works out to $400 psf of potential gross floor area.

No development charge is payable, even if an additional 10 per cent gross floor area allowed for balconies is fully utilised.

The breakeven cost for a new condo could be $560-$580 psf, market watchers reckon.

The collective sale was launched just last week by Orion Property Consultants. The sale to UOL was by private treaty - ahead of the April 12 tender deadline for the property.

The site is zoned for residential use with a 1.4 plot ratio and five-storey maximum height. UOL can redevelop the site into a condo of about 450 apartments averaging 1,550 sq ft, set in the low-rise residential enclave of Teachers' Estate and a stone's throw from the Upper and Lower Peirce reservoirs.

This will not be the group's first project in the vicinity. In the 1990s it developed Island Country Villas - diagonally across Green Meadows - on a 99-year leasehold site it bagged at a state auction.

The group was also the original developer of Faber Garden Condo nearby.

UOL has been in the news lately with a preview of its One North Residences last week. It has sold 391 of the 405 units in the 99-year leasehold condo at Buona Vista, achieving an average price of $900 psf. UOL is developing the project jointly with Low Keng Huat and Kheng Leong.

With the project almost sold out, UOL is said to be gearing up for a preview this week of its next project, Pavillion 11 at Minbu Rd. The 33-storey freehold condo comprises 180 units - mostly two and three bedders, with four penthouses. The average price is expected to be above $900 psf.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Saw this on the internet:

http://truetalesfromthedarkside.blogspot.com/

Saturday, April 2, 2011
    New incident along Upper Thomson Road - 2011
    My daughter was involved in a latin dance performance in Yishun sometime in Feb/Mar 2011. *The show had ended after 9pm+, we had our dinner and headed back home. *Both my children were tired and had fell asleep soon after getting into the car.

Our route was to drive along Sembawang Road leading into the infamous Upper Thomson Road and onwards. *My wife was her usual chatty self during the earlier part of the journey till we reached Upper Thomson Road. *She went totally quiet! *I took my eyes off the road for a short while to have a look at her. *Her eyes were shut but I knew that she was not asleep. (For readers who are unfamiliar with my wife in earlier experiences, she is able to see an*occasional supernatural being) *I suspected that she must have seen something and I just left her alone.

A nice song was playing on the radio and I was singing along to the song while tapping the rim of my steering wheel. *Right at this moment, I felt an unnatural chill as if someone had placed his/her hands onto my shoulders. *I didn't think too much of it. *Suddenly, my wife said in a loud and stern voice..."DRIVE VERY SLOWLY, CAREFULLY & FOCUS ON THE ROAD!". *I reassured her that I am already driving very slowly and carefully. *She said again "FOCUS ON THE ROAD & NOWHERE ELSE! *BE CAREFUL!". *Nearer to the Tagore Road junction, I had the chill on my shoulders once again, this time very very distinct! *Again, I didn't want to think too much of it and scare myself. *When we had reached home, immediately I asked my wife what she saw. *

She told me that when we had just entered Upper Thomson Road, she could see a few apparitions scattered over the area in front of us. *It was still manageable for her at that moment until one of those things came closer to the front of the car and the head appeared inside the car, right above where my steering wheel was and was staring at me! *It was exactly that moment that my wife had shut her eyes and told me to FOCUS! *She didn't open her eyes till we reached home so I was unable to find out when that thing "left" or what did it do to me that could have explained the sudden chills.

Posted by FireSpitter at 6:32 PM
    Labels: apparition, ghost, haunted, spooks, supernatural, Upper Thomson Road, Yishun

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Spot on.......

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    The car run down the slop on these bends, along the previously race track years back.. Yes sg only race track In the good old days on the old Thomson road
    No wonder I easily hit 120km/h there.

Quote Originally Posted by land118

Posted by FireSpitter at 6:32 PM
    Labels: apparition, ghost, haunted, spooks, supernatural, Upper Thomson Road, Yishun
    OMG!!!!!oh no... Now I really can not get into sleep...!!

Yes, u are right... And Upper Thomson road is listed as one of top 10 most dangerous road in Singapore by Insurers

http://my.news.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-t...073639154.html

"Top 10 accident-prone roads
    1.Bukit Timah Road
    2.Lentor Avenue
    3. Upper Serangoon Road
    4. Thomson Road
    5. Upp Thomson Road
    6. Orchard Road
    7. Scotts Road
    8. Braddell Road
    9. Clementi Road
    10. Yio Chu Kang Road"

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    No wonder I easily hit 120km/h there.
    I lagi better, i drift all e way ..

Yes, u are right... And Upper Thomson road is listed as one of top most dangerous road in Singapore

http://my.news.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-t...073639154.html
    Pls note e trees n reservoir proximity make road surface moist. This affects tire grip.

Check this out!

http://www.spi.com.sg/forum/viewtopi...c0b516026ac2a8

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:27 am** *Post subject: SPI Spooky Walk @ Devil's Bend on (Sat) 04-10-2008
    SPI Spooky Night Walk @ Devil’s Bend
    on 4 October, Saturday

As Singapore anticipates excitedly for F1 action this weekend, did you know that the Republic had its own Grand Prix once? Yup, we already had the grand prix in the 60’s. Old Upper Thompson Road was the race track.

With a pioneer opening in mid-September 1961, it was called the Orient Year Grand Prix. It was renamed the Malaysian Grand Prix in 1962. After Singapore gained independence in 1965, it held its own annual Grand Prix from 1966 during the Easter holidays and called it the Singapore Grand Prix.

In 1963, two years after its introduction, the Grand Prix became listed on the World Motor Racing calendar and was part of the Asian circuit of racing events. The racing used to have its glorious past until it was banned after the 1973 Singapore Grand Prix with concerns that it promoted reckless driving. The government noted that 7 deaths occurred over the 11 years of the event, and the difficulty of implementing adequate safety measures for the undulating terrain that characterised Thomson Road circuit.

Experienced racers, such as Graeme Lawrence, the 1969 Singapore Grand Prix champion from New Zealand, regarded the Thomson circuit as one of the most dangerous in the world; for it was a narrow 24 feet wide track with some deadly sharp turns. Besides offering little run-off area for high speed racing, the track had oil trails left by diesel-run buses, monsoon drains, bus stops and lamp posts, all of which racers had to circumvent in a race. The sections of circuit, namely “Snakes” and “Devil's Bend” (see map below), were legendary accident-prone sites. Accidents were frequent, and fatal ones took the lives of road marshals and racers (such as Lionel Chan in 1972 and Joe Huber in 1973) alike.

It was hence rumoured that the infamous “Devil’s Bend” being badly haunted. Recently Devil’s Bend claimed two young lives of polytechnic students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_antG6ka9A
    http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+...131-47628.html
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Sto...ry_201811.html

In this Spooky Walk night expedition, SPI takes you to explore around the forest area near Devil’s Bend. Is ghost haunting related to infamous accident spot? We check it out together.

History and some facts about this racing circuit would be told on the spot.

For strict safety measures, participants must observe orders from Spooky Walk leaders and wear light color attires.

Don't miss this exciting night group-adventure with many photographic opportunities and jungle exploration.

Date/Time:
    Saturday 4 October 2008
    7:00pm to 11:00pm

Meet up:
    Meet punctually at 7:00pm at Ang Mo Kio MRT Station, Taxi Stand

Attire:
    Light colored comfortable attire

Cost:
    $5 for cost sharing of an air-con coach

Notes:
    Advised to bring torch light, camera, poncho, water bottle and insect repellent
    Tough forest trekking and moderate hill climbing in exploration
    Wear proper shoes

Email the following details to [email protected] with the subject "SPI Spooky Walk @ Devil’s Bend"
    * Your full name
    * Your SPI forum nick (You are welcome to join our forum if you aren’t a forum user yet: Click here)
    * Your I/C number (for security reasons)
    * Your email address
    * Your contact number (It is very important that you provide a contactable number)
    * Indicate your membership (e.g. SPI Agents, SPI Friends, or public)

Upon successful registration, we will contact you for more details regarding the excursion.

Book now, come along with your friends for this exciting adventure.

Some Previews:

Location of Devil’s Bend in the old map

The circuit was 3.023 miles (4.865 kilometres) long and ran from what was then Nee Soon Road ( present-day Upper Thomson Road) to Sembawang Hills Circus (present-day junction of Upper Thomson Road and Yio Chu Kang Road) and round the Old Upper Thomson Road. The circuit began with a one-mile stretch of fast, straight track called the Thomson Mile. It had a bend halfway through which was called The Hump, which propelled speeding vehicles into the air. On landing, racers had to immediately navigate a bend called The Hairpin at Sembawang Circus. This was a maneuver requiring great skill from racers. This sharp-angled turn was chicaned up to 1969 to ensure the safety of spectators at the VIP stands. Next up were esses that led uphill towards Pierce Reservoir. The first section was a series of four bends called Snakes. The second section of esses that followed was a rounded V-bend called Devils.

Dangerous winding turns

Wreckage

Rumours of ghost sightings at Devil’s Bend that continue to claim lives nowadays – fact or fiction? Join us to find out in this event

Today’s infamous Devil’s Bend

Still an accident hot-spot

Cars skidded and ramped into the forested slope

Debris found from crashed cars

SPI investigated the forest behind Devil’s Bend

SPI found ruins of old village and disposed car tyres

Ruins from the old kampong

Large storage tank, abandoned

More storage tank, relics left from the past

Traces of old villages
    A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity...A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. (Proverbs 17:17,22)

Last edited by kenny on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew

Correct .. At that time, the expected launched price was 700 plus Max 800 psf.. Greedy developer priced it at above 900 psf. I was caught between choosing this or Carlos..
    At that time I was also chasing a unit at carlos. ( about 700 psf then)Because of thispsf launch , seller hold and up the asking price and I ended paying more...

I used to take my younger kid for a joy ride in the evening and head toward the reservoir . After few times, the youngest kid get very reactive and cried at night during sleep..

Actually I am quite convinced that road is very dirty...... I stop driving thru there since...

Ya, read from another forum saying recycling existing building, did not tear down...wonder if anyone can confirm this..
    Yes. A&A works to the tower.
    Poh Lian save money. I am sorry to disappoint the owners the quality of this project is not so good. I happen to be near the site today n they are painting the external wall on a raining day

The devil bend...That about 4 km fr the Prata shoP to the way in the reservoir
    I had seen few accidents where by the car smash down the slop..and head on the trees
    Thx for clarifying... that road is fit only for 60km/h and nothing more!

Correct .. At that time, the expected launched price was 700 plus Max 800 psf.. Greedy developer priced it at above 900 psf. I was caught between choosing this or Carlos..
    At that time I was also chasing a unit at carlos. ( about 700 psf then)Because of thispsf launch , seller hold and up the asking price and I ended paying more...
    Usually that's the case. If you are the buyer, you curse the developer but if you are the seller, you thank the developer...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Usually that's the case. If you are the buyer, you curse the developer but if you are the seller, you thank the developer...
    Calrose is better. Nearer amenities and mrt.

stayed in sembawang for 18 years and now in woodlands. Have been driving up and down that stretch of upper thomson road for 20+ years at all hours of the night. back then that stretch was just a small road with hardly any traffic coz Yishun/Woodlands/Sembawang was not so developed yet. frankly I have never experienced anything leh. I thought the old Mandai Road which goes past the columbarium is more spooky.........

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    True true. .. Is a love cum hate affair...

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    stayed in sembawang for 18 years and now in woodlands. Have been driving up and down that stretch of upper thomson road for 20+ years at all hours of the night. back then that stretch was just a small road with hardly any traffic coz Yishun/Woodlands/Sembawang was not so developed yet. frankly I have never experienced anything leh. I thought the old Mandai Road which goes past the columbarium is more spooky.........
    Actually is good to not having such experience right ?
    If u drive pass upper aljunied road, off cedar ave, is technically very dark at night. maybe is intentionally so that 'it' can not be seen easily...

Actually is good to not having such experience right ?
    If u drive pass upper aljunied road, off cedar ave, is technically very dark at night. maybe is intentionally so that 'it' can not be seen easily...

wah biangz, of coz it's good NOT to see or experience anything!

Mt Pleasant Road also super eerie at nite. I tend to avoid driving through there at nite unless I see a whole troop of cars going in.......then I'll stick to them closely, haha.....

Mt Pleasant Road also super eerie at nite. I tend to avoid driving through there at nite unless I see a whole troop of cars going in.......then I'll stick to them closely, haha.....
    Ppl drive thru mt pleasant is taking short cut...alot of army boy can share their encounter experience when they take short cut in their night field trip exercise...

Then you realised those cars that went in slowly disappeared and you are alone again on that road! Hahahaha!

Drove past at night recently...the feeling is

You sense eyes on the side of the road...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix

then I must be really dense coz never felt anything before.....

I also checked with my parents & brother who also said they have never felt anything before. our family antenna must be damn short......

then I must be really dense coz never felt anything before.....

I also checked with my parents & brother who also said they have never felt anything before. our family antenna must be damn short......

Lucky you and may it stay that way!!
    my wife who can sense stuff hates going near the reservoir in old upp thomson road...especially once the sun has set.

would you be referring to the monkeys by the trees?

Lucky you and may it stay that way!!
    my wife who can sense stuff hates going near the reservoir in old upp thomson road...especially once the sun has set.

it had better stay that way since I'm moving in after it TOPs! but luckily my unit faces teacher's estate so not so bad lah.....ha ha....

the reservoir in old upp thomson road is well-known to be haunted lah.....think it's a female spirit......

it had better stay that way since I'm moving in after it TOPs! but luckily my unit faces teacher's estate so not so bad lah.....ha ha....

the reservoir in old upp thomson road is well-known to be haunted lah.....think it's a female spirit......
    upper peirce or lower peirce?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    upper peirce or lower peirce?
    lower peirce......

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    would you be referring to the monkeys by the trees?
    u said the exact same thing as my hubby!
    his other "theory" are that the eyes belong to the banglas building the project.....