Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    I don't like the wire fence either...why can't they build brick walls?
    Moreover, the grills for the balcony also looks cheap old fashioned, why can't they use the classier impact resistance glass?...sigh!

Btw, when does this project TOP huh? Been waiting for ages! Dunno whether to sell it or not...prices coming down!
    I actually like wire fence. can grow creepers to make the estate looks very green.. another thing is the air/wind circulation effects partly is because I am always complaining hot, hot, hot

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    17% discount of bullman trade was on landed rite?

i believe CCR is no1 hit on short-term & likely reduce price by 25% in 1-2yrs
    The rest will gradually slow & see about 10-15% price reduction...

Nobody can predict how the Euro crisis will pan out (same goes to US, China, India). If lucky, then like 2008-2009 again. If still bad after 2-3yrs, then all of us in bad bad shape juz like the 2000-2005 trough..

But my feeling is that we maybe in the latter
    Then I fear for Spore... PAP caught in a dilemma of tightening net immigration flow to suit near-term political stance while orchestrating an economic soft-landing & steady stance (No more hot & vibrant).
    I suspect measures like that will cause the rental rates to go up as foreigners will seek to rent rather than buy at exorbitant rates. Hence, people will be resistant to selling, and thus will still drive the property prices up no matter what...! silly...

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    I actually like wire fence. can grow creepers to make the estate looks very green.. another thing is the air/wind circulation effects partly is because I am always complaining hot, hot, hot
    I think that is the plan, they are growing creepers on the wire fence. Soon people can't see through into the development liaoz.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    exactly my thoughts
    Case of left hand beat right hand, left foot step right foot....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think that is the plan, they are growing creepers on the wire fence. Soon people can't see through into the development liaoz.
    They better be....I paid good money for this property, I don't expect cheapo and shoddy work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    I suspect measures like that will cause the rental rates to go up as foreigners will seek to rent rather than buy at exorbitant rates. Hence, people will be resistant to selling, and thus will still drive the property prices up no matter what...! silly...
    Rental rates is a tricky question.
    "Wanna buy to stay but hit by ABSD, so LL stay in rental place".
    My first foremost thought was this too BUT after thinking over, this scenario will only hold if renters still have job & Spore economy still vibrant. If world economy sucks, likewise goes for Spore & likewise those flowery jobs that offer big paycheck. They may not wanna pack their bags BUT ask to malik kampong. (IMO, they are much preferred than those overseas speculators that juz come here to fry our tiny island)

On yr 2nd point, the majority by resisting to sell will not cause PPI to go up. When the scenario of Extreme FEAR arrives, the little minority will have weak legs & gradually creating a domino effect. No need to argue about this point, we can sit down & observe the Euro facing this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    That gona to take, 2 , 3 years for the creepers to become fully bushy?

With regards to TOP, the weather is surely not helping. How to work outdoors like that??

Just passed by the site this morning, after a long time, and I must say a lot of work has been done since then. There was this SUPER BIG aluminium-type signage shouting out "Meadows@Peirce". Landscaping is also almost completed.

Anyway, I was reading an old thread from Skyscrapercity and I saw a picture showing the Project Information... it said Expected Date of Completion: 1 April 2011.

See http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=20774293

Today received letter from Bank telling me they have dispersed 60%.

So now left 2 more:

Notice of Vacant Possession: 25%
    On Completion Date: 15%

It's disbursed, not dispersed... sorry, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by maseratiq2
    Today received letter from Bank telling me they have dispersed 60%.

So now left 2 more:

Notice of Vacant Possession: 25%
    On Completion Date: 15%
    Can it be possible that the last 5% before TOP (for carpark, etc) coincide with the dispersion of the 25% for TOP, ie dispersing 30% at one go?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Can it be possible that the last 5% before TOP (for carpark, etc) coincide with the dispersion of the 25% for TOP, ie dispersing 30% at one go?
    The last disbursement will be 1 year after TOP....

Quote Originally Posted by evilllll
    The last disbursement will be 1 year after TOP....
    Thx. I'm referring to the 5% for carpark inspection, not the final 15% a year after TOP.

Booking Fee (Cash) – 5%
    Sales & Purchase Agreement (CASH / CPF) – 15%
    Foundation – 10%
    Reinforced Concrete – 10%
    Brick Walls – 5%
    Ceiling / Roofing – 5%
    Electric Wiring / Plumbing – 5%
    Carparks / Roads / Drains – 5%
    Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) – 25%
    Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) – 15%

Booking Fee (Cash) – 5%
    Sales & Purchase Agreement (CASH / CPF) – 15%
    Foundation – 10%
    Reinforced Concrete – 10%
    Brick Walls – 5%
    Ceiling / Roofing – 5%
    Electric Wiring / Plumbing – 5%
    Carparks / Roads / Drains – 5%
    Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) – 25%
    Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) – 15%
    Thank you for providing this information. So will developers ever collect the 5% for carparks/roads/drains together with the 25% for Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) together?

I think all have been collected.

Now the next payment is upon TOP. 25%

Then final 15% is upon CSC.

I think all have been collected.

Now the next payment is upon TOP. 25%

Then final 15% is upon CSC.
    No wonder I failed my English, cant express myself well.. Lol! I'm not referring to this project. I'm saying for any other developers. Can developers collect 30% at one go?

not the norm leh. u kenna before?

No wonder I failed my English, cant express myself well.. Lol! I'm not referring to this project. I'm saying for any other developers. Can developers collect 30% at one go?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    not the norm leh. u kenna before?
    Not yet but was thinking if a project has two blocks already ready but one other block is still very slow coz got a change of layout for the penthouse (maybe someone bought and made major changes to it so need to resubmit to authorities) so I guess this final block will only be ready when the carparks and drains have completed with the inspection and ready for TOP... Hmmm...

It wil be based on the specified terms of milestone payment, and at the hand of the bankers/lawyer.

Owner in fact have to say except that need to have the required fund in the account...

Possible .... Depend on the pre arrangement before contract , most developer follow Market norms..

Usually they preferred to break up for easy claim, if two conditions are tied into one payment and any held of the condition will delay their claim process...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Possible .... Depend on the pre arrangement before contract , most developer follow Market norms..

Usually they preferred to break up for easy claim, if two conditions are tied into one payment and any held of the condition will delay their claim process...
    Thank you for your answer...

went to check it out yesterday morning........took a closer look at the back where my unit is. looks like quite certain the cheapo wire fence is here to stay. what is more troubling are the back gates. I certainly hope those are temporary until the security system is installed and entry/exit is via access card rather than the good ol' lock & key??? it looks like what u see at kampungs leh......

the banglas look like they are rushing for time......wet weather they are still frantically working and one nite I even saw them painting although I wonder how they can see whether they are painting properly.....

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    went to check it out yesterday morning........took a closer look at the back where my unit is. looks like quite certain the cheapo wire fence is here to stay. what is more troubling are the back gates. I certainly hope those are temporary until the security system is installed and entry/exit is via access card rather than the good ol' lock & key??? it looks like what u see at kampungs leh......

the banglas look like they are rushing for time......wet weather they are still frantically working and one nite I even saw them painting although I wonder how they can see whether they are painting properly.....
    I drive past there quite often. Frankly the facade looks like students' hostel and the sunken land plus wire fence didn't help. In addition, the traffic along Upper Thomson road is heavy and the vehicles have to accelerate against a slight slope at the traffic junction. Fortunately the owners didn't pay very high psf for this condo.

A much better designed and located condo is The Calrose, which is nearby. I'm not vested there.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I drive past there quite often. Frankly the facade looks like students' hostel and the sunken land plus wire fence didn't help. In addition, the traffic along Upper Thomson road is heavy and the vehicles have to accelerate against a slight slope at the traffic junction. Fortunately the owners didn't pay very high psf for this condo.

During that launch time 3/4 qt 09 was considered very very high then ...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    A much better designed and located condo is The Calrose, which is nearby. I'm not vested there.
    Agree. This facade looks a little too sanitized. I drove past the site today. No creepers on the fence line...

A new cluster house is going to be launched nearby... any other feedback on the vicinity?

Which is that?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Which is that?
    Poet's villa...even more ulu....