Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    face teachers estate is northeast lah? if you looked towards the reservoir direction, that will be west. so if you face upper thomson road, you actually get the full blast of the afternoon sun.
    kane, look at the plan carefully: all the living room and master bedrooms are facing the pool. the row along upper thomson have living room and master bed room facing east (inside), they are not looking towards the reservoir, therefore not only it has no west sun, it has no real noise either. It gets noise and west sun on the 2 guest bed rooms behind, which I'd imagine most of the time have the glass doors closed and curtain drawn(they are guest rooms, with only a small balcony and planter)
    And the row along teachers estate are the total opposite. the all important living room and master bedroom are embracing the afternoon sun.
    UOL price the row along upper thomson side higher with a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    kane, look at the plan carefully: all the living room and master bedrooms are facing the pool. the row along upper thomson have living room and master bed room facing east (inside), they are not looking towards the reservoir, therefore not only it has no west sun, it has no real noise either. It gets noise and west sun on the 2 guest bed rooms behind, which I'd imagine most of the time have the glass doors closed and curtain drawn(they are guest rooms, with only a small balcony and planter)
    And the row along teachers estate are the total opposite. the all important living room and master bedroom are embracing the afternoon sun.
    I would definitely take the one facing the road ...the balcony is big enough for some nice sun bathing in the afternoon!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Oh yah, my bad, I forgot this layout was one of those that runs through the whole block rather than 2 units back to back on one block. Yah you're right. West sun on a low rise and in a tight cluster can be a lethal mix.

I was bio-ing the corner facing north towards teach estate. The price was crazily high for that stack.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Oh yah, my bad, I forgot this layout was one of those that runs through the whole block rather than 2 units back to back on one block. Yah you're right. West sun on a low rise and in a tight cluster can be a lethal mix.

I was bio-ing the corner facing north towards teach estate. The price was crazily high for that stack.
    Kane, I'd really give this one a miss for resale as he prices are too high already.
    You may want to consider better freehold ones near mrt.

Saw some stacks being lighted up ... Meaning incoming power supply is turn on....I suppose that the R.I inspection for TOP or CSC willbe very soon....

Also the hoarding is being removed .. But the parameter is wire galv fencing and not concrete wall with metal grill ...that is abit cheap in my opinion ..

I heard from someone that one of the rooms although it has a glass "window" but it's not a window that can be opened, it's just a glass panel. Therefore unable to ventilate the room and the owner will need to turn on the air-con all the time. I hope that is not true or the developer should be shot.

Aren't those units facing the road rather too near? Noise and pollution will be unbearable

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Saw some stacks being lighted up ... Meaning incoming power supply is turn on....I suppose that the R.I inspection for TOP or CSC willbe very soon....

Also the hoarding is being removed .. But the parameter is wire galv fencing and not concrete wall with metal grill ...that is abit cheap in my opinion ..
    TOP?? but those unit facing the Yio Chu Kang Rd are still not ready. Seem like early Q2 can achieve TOP to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Terese
    TOP?? but those unit facing the Yio Chu Kang Rd are still not ready. Seem like early Q2 can achieve TOP to me.
    I referring to the inspection process, not obtaining t.o.p

Btw built up fencing us very fast , properly those facing already done but hidden by the hording ....

Reliable source says TOP in Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    I heard from someone that one of the rooms although it has a glass "window" but it's not a window that can be opened, it's just a glass panel. Therefore unable to ventilate the room and the owner will need to turn on the air-con all the time. I hope that is not true or the developer should be shot.
    the one i couldn't understand is the room in the middle of the longish layout with a window that looked directly across to the similar room on the other side of the mirror image. you have to almost pull down your curtains 365 days.

Going to buy Meadows@Peirce during the launch but didn't because I was actually scared away by the crowd then.

Eventually I bought a unit not too long ago at approx 15% more than the first owner's price.

I wanted freehold, new and low-rise. Ultimately it was the 1k psf that sealed the deal.

Then came the dilemma of which side to choose from. Upper Thomson or Teacher's Estate. I took the former because the West Sun shines on the 2 smaller bedrooms and also the Yard - which is good, imho. The 2 rooms have balconies which will allow me to have plants as shade. I hope having thick curtains and solar films in the glass doors will help too.

I now just hope the TOP will come soon because I've been staying at relative's house for too long already...

Quote Originally Posted by maseratiq2
    Going to buy Meadows@Peirce during the launch but didn't because I was actually scared away by the crowd then.

Eventually I bought a unit not too long ago at approx 15% more than the first owner's price.

I wanted freehold, new and low-rise. Ultimately it was the 1k psf that sealed the deal.

Then came the dilemma of which side to choose from. Upper Thomson or Teacher's Estate. I took the former because the West Sun shines on the 2 smaller bedrooms and also the Yard - which is good, imho. The 2 rooms have balconies which will allow me to have plants as shade. I hope having thick curtains and solar films in the glass doors will help too.

I now just hope the TOP will come soon because I've been staying at relative's house for too long already...
    The west sun is no fun.

Agree - big no-no for me is west facing.
    But angmo love it - so must compare if home stay or investment.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The west sun is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The west sun is no fun.
    it isnt so bad if like he said these west facing rooms have balconies which serve as a buffer of sort especially after putting in some greens.

As it is low rise and lots of trees on the west side, hopefully the west sun might be blocked to some extent. However, the traffic noise can be quite bad at times if you are near the Upp Thomson Road. You can block out the sun with black-out curtains but the noise and car fumes pollution......not so easy to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    As it is low rise and lots of trees on the west side, hopefully the west sun might be blocked to some extent. However, the traffic noise can be quite bad at times if you are near the Upp Thomson Road. You can block out the sun with black-out curtains but the noise and car fumes pollution......not so easy to deal with.
    not possible to escape. cos the sun is hottest at 3-4pm. Plus low rise, the air circulation isn't as good, it can get really warm with the west sun.

Hence the big air-con ledges I suppose.

If glass doors of the 2 bedrooms are always closed ( air-con lovers ), with thick curtains and 3M films installed will the traffic noise be heard still?

Appreciate any advice...I've always avoided the West Sun and the main roads but in this case I studied the pros and cons and went with Upper Thomson Rd because I really didn't want the afternoon sun in my living, dining and master.

If glass doors of the 2 bedrooms are always closed ( air-con lovers ), with thick curtains and 3M films installed will the traffic noise be heard still?

Appreciate any advice...I've always avoided the West Sun and the main roads but in this case I studied the pros and cons and went with Upper Thomson Rd because I really didn't want the afternoon sun in my living, dining and master.
    Heavy curtains can keep the noise out but it's hard to keep the heat out even with the 3M films. And because you don't open the windows, the heat can't really escape.

i used to own a unit, the hall and a room facing the west, and every two years i got to look for new tenant. Feedback mainly the reason is that they can not stand the heat. Not tying to talk down (as understand u have already committed)

Also, on the solar film. It dose help a bit but not fully. The most grossly or the reflective type is the most effective..but you need to check with your MC on the approval. Ask your vendor to provide the sample and get approval from the MC.

i used to own a unit, the hall and a room facing the west, and every two years i got to look for new tenant. Feedback mainly the reason is that they can not stand the heat. Not tying to talk down (as understand u have already committed)

Also, on the solar film. It dose help a bit but not fully. The most grossly or the reflective type is the most effective..but you need to check with your MC on the approval. Ask your vendor to provide the sample and get approval from the MC.
    some agts say angmors dun mind west sun....crappy....hehehe

when angmor stay there for few hrs wif blaring sun,..they will surrender and on aircon 24x7

angmor love sunbathing and tat doesnt mean they love west sun facing house in hot humid climate

whahahhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

when angmor stay there for few hrs wif blaring sun,..they will surrender and on aircon 24x7

angmor love sunbathing and tat doesnt mean they love west sun facing house in hot humid climate

whahahhahaha
    my BR faces the west sun and yes the heat is super unbearable in the afternoons. sometimes even when i come home late at night my wall is still very warm! LOL.

so anyway yah in the afternoon if i am in my room definitely need to switch on aircon, also invest in good tinted windows and black out blinds.

not wanting to sound like an agent....but i get to see the some of the most beautiful sunsets at times in my balcony.....RARE!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

whahahhahaha
    agent got their own aganda wan la......to get sales...

West sun is worst during may to sep period which couple with high humi.
    even the parquet floor also changes colour aft a while..

agent got their own aganda wan la......to get sales...

West sun is worst during may to sep period which couple with high humi.
    even the parquet floor also changes colour aft a while..
    very true!!! hahah, my parquet flooring came out!!!! in the end redo all the timber!!!! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    very true!!! hahah, my parquet flooring came out!!!! in the end redo all the timber!!!! LOL!!!
    Ya .. It dry uP and harden the adhesive . Long run will come out...must pull on the curtain every day to shied the sun light..

sunsets are very nice to watch, the only way to overcome it is to find something on a very high floor where you can still have good air circulation to take the sting out of the heat. low rise condos or landed will find dissipating the heat a much more challenging task other than the obvious solution which is aircon.

Ur choice is absolutely right.

The most important areas of your house, th living , dining, master bed room, main balcony, are pool facing and have no west sun. This is the best facing in this project.

the 2 small bedroom behind , as u said, can be mitigated by thick curtains. These are th guest rooms, very unlikely u spend a lot of ur time in it in the afternoon. Also, the nature reserve in front can also partially shade the area from late afternoon.

To the other members, if you really study the site plan, u will realize the opposite row along teacher's estate is worse wrt to west sun.

When's the expected TOP for this project?

Appreciate all the advice so far... guess I'll have to wait for TOP to do the necessary.

As for the TOP, the Official Date seems to be by September 2012.

However, most projects do TOP before this written date - I think???

In Meadows@Peirce case, it can be a little tricky because of the impending CNY on 23/1/2012.

My personal take is immediately after CNY holidays.