Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    hubby just shared with me a theory he heard some time ago. the land below teacher's estate & surrounding area is more porous than other parts of the island. hence when it rains, the water easily seeps in and runs off. that's why there is no ponding or flood during heavy rain days.
    good to know...your hubby wouldn't be Kane by any chance?

So u drop nuovo and move on to this meadows already ? For flooding I can assure u it has never happened...although ministers also said "once in 50 years" cases "cannot be avoided"

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    So u drop nuovo and move on to this meadows already ? For flooding I can assure u it has never happened...although ministers also said "once in 50 years" cases "cannot be avoided"
    ahh so u r vested in this area? lol

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    No, my wife is not called Karen.

I don't subscribe to that theory. I think it's more a case of ground level. The water probably flows much more quickly in the underwater drainage to lower parts of the island. Plus there hasn't been much tunneling around that area. Yet...

Looks like a number of units up for sub sales. At this pint in time, looks like a good deal. as compare to centro.

The tall block that has the good view the reservoir is nice provided you don't mind west sun.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    The tall block that has the good view the reservoir is nice provided you don't mind west sun.
    I dun like the idea of paying the px of a brandnew ppty for a refurbished one

I quite like some of the layout whrby the main door enters to balcony

Vy gd size layout....nrly bot a 2bdr during launch.....px too steep.....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I dun like the idea of paying the px of a brandnew ppty for a refurbished one

I quite like some of the layout whrby the main door enters to balcony

Vy gd size layout....nrly bot a 2bdr during launch.....px too steep.....
    Main door enter balcony nice ah? I remember I was quoted 1.16 for a 3 bedder. The steepness is the reason why it hasn't appreciated much since launch.

hubby just shared with me a theory he heard some time ago. the land below teacher's estate & surrounding area is more porous than other parts of the island. hence when it rains, the water easily seeps in and runs off. that's why there is no ponding or flood during heavy rain days.
    I love the Meadows...the place there's air is so fresh...green smell..., lots of greenery. I really am envious of those with the big balcony units. Can just sit there and have coffee....But what do u think of the grilled balconies? I'd prefer glass ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    I love the Meadows...the place there's air is so fresh...green smell..., lots of greenery. I really am envious of those with the big balcony units. Can just sit there and have coffee....But what do u think of the grilled balconies? I'd prefer glass ...
    No need to be envious of those big balconies that faces the bus stop. It's on an upslope and the buses tend to drag their engine to accelerate away from the bus stop. Not so pleasent.

nope

the K in KarenK does not stand for Kane lah........
    Last edited by KarenK; 28-10-11 at 12:39.

no reservoir view. only see forest view. at most if u are at the topmost level and crane your neck high enough, u MAY see a sliver of water . this one I heard first hand from agent not all agents will cascade this info tho......

No need to be envious of those big balconies that faces the bus stop. It's on an upslope and the buses tend to drag their engine to accelerate away from the bus stop. Not so pleasent.
    totally agree with u. imagine everyday hearing the bus creaking to slow down and pick up passengers......and then drag their engine to accelerate up the slope......and then creak to stop at the traffic junction coz red light. imagine hearing this many times a day from day to night

moreover the row along upper thomson rd is generally 2% more expensive than the row facing teacher's estate coz the agent say "can see greenery". wat a joke. u have upper thomson road with all its traffic esp the heavy vehicles from the tagore & northern industrial parks before u reach the greenery lor.....

no reservoir view. only see forest view. at most if u are at the topmost level and crane your neck high enough, u MAY see a sliver of water . this one I heard first hand from agent not all agents will cascade this info tho......
    Oh ok. I thought the top few floors would get sone view of the water body. Wrong guess.

moreover the row along upper thomson rd is generally 2% more expensive than the row facing teacher's estate coz the agent say "can see greenery"...
    No. It's because the row along teacher's estate has full blast afternoon sun, and is also one storey lower.

Oh ok. I thought the top few floors would get sone view of the water body. Wrong guess.
    No water view, but trust me, the clean air from the forest is very very refreshing.
    This was last time though. Now with many more units added on the site, not sure if it will change.

No. It's because the row along teacher's estate has full blast afternoon sun, and is also one storey lower.
    the row facing teacher's estate at least on the higher floor you can look quite far and you have no west sun.

No water view, but trust me, the clean air from the forest is very very refreshing.
    This was last time though. Now with many more units added on the site, not sure if it will change.
    should still be ok lah. there's quite a lot of vegetation all around them still. unless those goes, then different story.

should still be ok lah. there's quite a lot of vegetation all around them still. unless those goes, then different story.
    bushes Area always pose mozzies problems...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    bushes Area always pose mozzies problems...
    Unless you're staying on a high floor?

Unless you're staying on a high floor?
    how high leh?

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    how high leh?
    I'm guessing 6 floor at least. Mosquitoes usually don't go so high.

I'm guessing 6 floor at least. Mosquitoes usually don't go so high.
    Some time when hanging at the lobby or club Hse , u face the this problems.
    Also high rise u get mozzies problem too.

Yap yap .... Can see the tree top nia ..and plenty of west sun . Somemore old bldg under going AA selling more ex then the new build stack.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Some time when hanging at the lobby or club Hse , u face the this problems.
    Also high rise u get mozzies problem too.
    Rare, unless your neighbour has raised a garden of Eden outside his house.

the row facing teacher's estate at least on the higher floor you can look quite far and you have no west sun.
    I hope he knows what he's talking about...given he's vested...

anyway i pity those units facing upp thomson - cfm super noisy for sure...

I hope he knows what he's talking about...given he's vested...

anyway i pity those units facing upp thomson - cfm super noisy for sure...
    who's vested there?

there's another row that is going to be very noisy, the short row facing Yio chu Kang road. As the buses accelerate from the traffic junction and break at the bus stop about 100m down, the starting and stopping is bound to generate a lot of roaring sounds. and because that's on low ground, the higher units can't really run away from the noise.

Well, noise/congestion and convenience are never mutually exclusive. You have to live with it if you value convenience.

Just like those at Caspian and its vicinity or the Centris and Centro......just treat the noise as pipe-in sound and comfort yourself with the convenience of accessibility and amenities.

The case here is very simple. U choose the row along teachers estate, u have no noise, but u get full blast afternoon sun on living room and master bedroom, plus u r one floor lower; u choose the row along upper Thomson road, u have noise on the 2 guest rooms but no afternoon sun on living and master room, plus u r on higher ground, but u pay 2% more. U decide what's your tradeoff.

The case here is very simple. U choose the row along teachers estate, u have no noise, but u get full blast afternoon sun on living room and master bedroom, plus u r one floor lower; u choose the row along upper Thomson road, u have noise on the 2 guest rooms but no afternoon sun on living and master room, plus u r on higher ground, but u pay 2% more. U decide what's your tradeoff.
    face teachers estate is northeast lah? if you looked towards the reservoir direction, that will be west. so if you face upper thomson road, you actually get the full blast of the afternoon sun.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/[email protected]