Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    When I pass by it seems the top of the building is flush with the tree canopy...doubt they can get a good view.

I think the best views will belong to those staying on the 25th floor of the tower...
    The old stack which undergo A&A maybe possble to have some overview of the green and selling more ex then the new stack..

.. the low storey unlikely to have good view except the sembawang rd..

Quote Originally Posted by seddie
    I thought so too, the basement carpark seems to need a lot more work and majority of the building including the high rise still have scaffolding. However, people on the site seems optimistic though... I even asked a chinese construction worker if works can be completed by Sep 11... hmmm... Sep 11... ... he says it should be ok.
    depend whom you asked la...sometime the stafts are briefted to speak to outsider differently ..

some more if asked a labour worker they may totally no clue at all...

This is next to Tagore Industrial Park. I took a drive down to the area to purchase sanitary fittings for my renovation. Noticed that there's a lot of foreign workers around on a Sunday. Even my kids said they were afraid when we were driving down there. If I lived there, my daughter would refuse to take public transport home at night. Well I suppose all owners here are rich and have cars. But current ambience of the "neighbourhood" is

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    can the top floor see the reservoir? I doubt so cos the land is sunken in...
    top floor of the tower block can at most see a sliver of water in the distance. else it's 99.9% of greenery. this one I confirm double confirm coz I got insider info.....

I thought so too, the basement carpark seems to need a lot more work and majority of the building including the high rise still have scaffolding. However, people on the site seems optimistic though... I even asked a chinese construction worker if works can be completed by Sep 11... hmmm... Sep 11... ... he says it should be ok.

looking at their rate of progress, I was even wondering whether 1Q2012 is too soon for them!

my source says Sep 2011 not likely.......1Q2012 is a more realistic bet. maybe the construction site person got confused lah......official TOP is Sep 2012 so he anyhow "gasak" & tell people that TOP is Sep 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    my source says Sep 2011 not likely.......1Q2012 is a more realistic bet. maybe the construction site person got confused lah......official TOP is Sep 2012 so he anyhow "gasak" & tell people that TOP is Sep 2011?
    Guess I have been "gasaked" by the poh lian guy and the construction worker . Care to share your source?
    Anyway, I have checked and progressive payment is at 50% now... which leaves internal works...etc. (5%) and carparks...etc. (5%) and then TOP appln. To do this by Sep 11 anyone knows whether this is possible? If not, usually how long does it take to complete these?

Guess I have been "gasaked" by the poh lian guy and the construction worker . Care to share your source?
    Anyway, I have checked and progressive payment is at 50% now... which leaves internal works...etc. (5%) and carparks...etc. (5%) and then TOP appln. To do this by Sep 11 anyone knows whether this is possible? If not, usually how long does it take to complete these?
    usually another 3-6mths after the last 5% is called upon

cannot anyhow share my source lah.......just take my word for it that it's a pretty reliable source & it's not poh lian construction staff

progressive payment for my unit not even 50% drawndown yet lor. I think mine only 45% hor......& the latest 5% was < 1 mth ago......

Taken last friday:

cannot anyhow share my source lah.......just take my word for it that it's a pretty reliable source & it's not poh lian construction staff

progressive payment for my unit not even 50% drawndown yet lor. I think mine only 45% hor......& the latest 5% was < 1 mth ago......
    Hmm... secret source...

With about 2 to 3 payments of the 5% left and fm there another 3 to 6 mths (thanks dev)... Sep this year TOP doesn't seem likely...

Lets keep all updated on the progress... tapping on whatever sources we might find...

i left last 5 then TOP. hoping it's achieveable in Q1

Found the following info at BCA website with regards to Green Mark Gold Award for Meadows.

Green Features:
    Extensive use of horizontal shading such as balcony and planters to maximise thermal comfort and facilitate natural ventilation. Energy efficient air-conditioning systems and lighting. Use of motion sensors in common areas such as staircase half landings. Provision of energy monitoring device to help homeowners manage their energy usage and cost.

UOL's presentation slides indicate Q4 2011 TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    UOL's presentation slides indicate Q4 2011 TOP.
    huh.......when were the slides presented? coz official prospectus & other docs indicate official TOP as Sep 2012....

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement

need to scroll down to page 18.

that means that they have been building super fast?

huh.......when were the slides presented? coz official prospectus & other docs indicate official TOP as Sep 2012....

it's an investor presentation for Normura. It listed expected TOP 4Q11. (to compare, Double Bay expected TOP 2Q12). Should be quite close as this is the projected time line from the management of UOL.

Karen u have a unit is it ?

the slides were presented yesterday so they should have a good idea of their construction progress. they seem confident of completing by end of this year it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    it's an investor presentation for Normura. It listed expected TOP 4Q11. (to compare, Double Bay expected TOP 2Q12). Should be quite close as this is the projected time line from the management of UOL.

Karen u have a unit is it ?

yup, got a unit there which is why I'm monitoring the progress very closely. seems like they still have a lot to do so 4Q11 seems a bit optimistic in my humble opinion.....

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    the slides were presented yesterday so they should have a good idea of their construction progress. they seem confident of completing by end of this year it seems.
    sounds good to me........then hopefully can move in by next CNY

Units near the tower blk and those at main UT Road are more or less done. Has been monitoring it if i am in SGP.

yup, got a unit there which is why I'm monitoring the progress very closely. seems like they still have a lot to do so 4Q11 seems a bit optimistic in my humble opinion.....
    6 more months to go...now mainly the Arch and M&E left plus the regulatory inspections to apply..should to somewhere near...

Hmmm... 6 more months? This project built very fast for such a huge scale!

One tall bock minor alterations only. Rest are low rise so faster.

So meaning Q4 can TOP???

Passed by and thought I saw some units are actually below the road level. Is it true? Who would buy those units?

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Passed by and thought I saw some units are actually below the road level. Is it true? Who would buy those units?
    U mean smthing like hedges park?

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Ex owners as it was already like that when they were staying there.

Maybe they were used to it? Plus prc buyers maybe who bought without actual site visits. Who cares right?

Any idea will developer be reading this forum as well? If yes, please add another drive-in lane for Meadows else UT Rd will be congested if vistors and residents is using that just 1 lane to go into the estate.

Btw can anyone advice me how is "soil" test been done??

Quote Originally Posted by Terese
    So meaning Q4 can TOP???
    Today URA website still indicating expected TOP in 2012