Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

Default Rainy season

Is this site prone to flooding ?

post deleted

we bought a unit at Meadows during the soft launch back in Jul 09. we were surprised to separately get sms-es from a Propnex agent asking us specifically whether we are interested in selling our unit as she has an interested buyer. She claimed she got our contact numbers from the caveat. As far as I know, the caveat only shows the pty owners but not their contact numbers. anyone knows whether what she claims is true? or whether she got the info illegally from either developer, or the bank where we got our housing loan from or the law firm which handled our mortgage? those are the only sources we can think of.

incidentally the buyer's offer price is only 9% higher than what we paid. I told her the offer is a joke. Anyway we have never intended to sell our unit at all and were just curious as to what is the market value now.

Apparently agents can 'buy' our databases! Don't think this is right though, esp. w/o our prior consent. Am told this is the 'practice'...

anyone from the bank loan officer (or her admin staff) to the law clerk./admin staff would have sold your phone number...no surprises.

anybody has any idea when is estimated TOP based on current progress?

official TOP date is Sep 2012......

Probably Q4 of 2011 or Q1 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by tanhs
    Probably Q4 of 2011 or Q1 of 2012

heh heh........seems like my estimation also quite on track......

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

Cheung Kong is top bidder for Upper Thomson Rd condo plot
    The Business Times Weekend
    Saturday, 7 November 2009

The top bidder for the 99-year condo site on Upper Thomson Road on Thursday has been revealed as a unit of Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka-shing’s Cheung Kong Holdings.

Cheung Kong unit Treasure Well Investments’ bid was for $251.3 million or about $533 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) – the highest seen for a private housing site...
    Btw Karen, LKS is preparing the above site now. It should be gd for u once this is launched : if he can sell the west coast site at 1000psf at a land cost of only 300, imagine what he will do for a site with land cost of 500

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Btw Karen, LKS is preparing the above site now. It should be gd for u once this is launched : if he can sell the west coast site at 1000psf at a land cost of only 300, imagine what he will do for a site with land cost of 500
    so means my meadows price will go up lah.....

Anyone can comment on the progress of this development so far ?

Anyone can comment on the progress of this development so far ?
    sub structure completed, now in progress of super structure, 2 floor.
    Also the exisitng old block is being ripe of the old skin. It is covered with netting...

my guess.. overall progress, (civil, m&e and arch) .>> 40 % =/- completed

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Also the exisitng old block is being ripe of the old skin. It is covered with netting...

The new launch in upper thomson may bring prices up further considering how high the Bishan plot was bidded for

correction...
    Progress update...now super structure is already 4th storey liao...should be assess around 55-60 %

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    The new launch in upper thomson may bring prices up further considering how high the Bishan plot was bidded for
    yap...new brench mark and baseline. Question will be on the response during launch..

correction...
    Progress update...now super structure is already 4th storey liao...should be assess around 55-60 %
    me layman. wat is super structure & sub-structure?
    my layman observation is that the part of the block facing the road is already built up to 5th (top) storey whereas the part facing teacher's estate is up to 4th storey only.....& the block nearer the tower block already got railing & windows in whereas the other block still building away...

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    me layman. wat is super structure & sub-structure?
    my layman observation is that the part of the block facing the road is already built up to 5th (top) storey whereas the part facing teacher's estate is up to 4th storey only.....& the block nearer the tower block already got railing & windows in whereas the other block still building away...
    Sub structure meaning the basement and foundation works while the super structures meaning the storey’s that u have seen.

We should progressively see the super structure ready in stages, some area had printed the based coat.

It is only when the super structures are ready, M&E can full swing even now some of the pipe and ele interfaces works had started. Then follow the finishing work such as unit’s architecture and landscaping.

The existing block has minimum civil work(except repartitioning the layout, repairing, strengthening the structure if any, and re-plastering the wall finishes etc) hence the M&E and Arch work should have commenced.

When is the expected TOP ?

Sub structure meaning the basement and foundation works while the super structures meaning the storey’s that u have seen.

We should progressively see the super structure ready in stages, some area had printed the based coat.

It is only when the super structures are ready, M&E can full swing even now some of the pipe and ele interfaces works had started. Then follow the finishing work such as unit’s architecture and landscaping.

The existing block has minimum civil work(except repartitioning the layout, repairing, strengthening the structure if any, and re-plastering the wall finishes etc) hence the M&E and Arch work should have commenced.

thanks for the clear explanation

official TOP Sep 2012......but I'm banging for Q4 2011 or Q1 2012. u tink that's possible at the rate they are going?

You must be in the construction industry or work with them...

official TOP Sep 2012......but I'm banging for Q4 2011 or Q1 2012. u tink that's possible at the rate they are going?
    look healthy in the progress so far...IMO should obtain ealier as stated

the key is to pass the Inspection later stage to obtain CSC for tops, sometime. this may hamper the obtaing of keys.
    Last edited by zzz1; 28-02-11 at 12:43.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    You must be in the construction industry or work with them...
    nai...

this development was my 'ex love' which had targetted for a while, was disappointed during various delayed launch PLUS the asking price then...

so as i drive pass, i will still peep once a while.

I had seen these based on the past developments i had encountered., where they mention of payment milestone based on progress..so being kaisu and kaisi, ask and ask..

Was wondering will this project disturb the old charm of the vicinity? Or will it beautify the surrounding?

I spoke to a guy from Poh Lian near the site, he told me that TOP will be likely in Sep 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by seddie
    I spoke to a guy from Poh Lian near the site, he told me that TOP will be likely in Sep 2011.
    Sep 11... good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by seddie
    Looking at the progress, I seriously doubt it will be ready in 5 months time.

Agreed. From the look of it, still curry loh Saw one the stack nearer to the junction with casurina - the triangular balcony super huge man and with a bus-stop view to its left

I thought so too, the basement carpark seems to need a lot more work and majority of the building including the high rise still have scaffolding. However, people on the site seems optimistic though... I even asked a chinese construction worker if works can be completed by Sep 11... hmmm... Sep 11... ... he says it should be ok.

can the top floor see the reservoir? I doubt so cos the land is sunken in...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    can the top floor see the reservoir? I doubt so cos the land is sunken in...
    A sea of green should be possible

A sea of green should be possible
    When I pass by it seems the top of the building is flush with the tree canopy...doubt they can get a good view.

I think the best views will belong to those staying on the 25th floor of the tower...