Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 800k to 850k, can find a condo near Novena MRT?

the problem is when the property market tanks, bank financing may not be in place. genuine buyers can't buy without the bank financing. investors are stuck without real transaction. oh boy. can't imagine the future.

good news of US recovering in second half of 2009....but in US only? What about other countries?

old projects more than 10 years in this district - owners/sellers are asking for ridiculous pricing, 5% off the new projects/projects that are coming to TOP.

With the current environment, they are not bothered to see whether buyer can obtain financing or valuer is able to give that value they are asking.

Move on with life......the only thing I see in next one month is more and more vacant units within this district - can't be sold / rented.

Actually, the choice is yours..
    There are bigger units for similar price in Woodlands or Sembawang.. but most choose to live near city in smaller cages..

my view is to just for owners/sellers within this district to be realistic of the current situation locally and globally. otherwise, don't put up the units for sale. or put up the units for sale and regret then...

Seen some units been left vacant for many months due to differences of $500 or less. the owners/landlords would have opportunity losses during the vacant period. Better to be selective with tenants than renting at higher rent to unreliable tenants. No matter how cashflow rich the owners/landlords are, this is what we see as inefficient use of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    my view is to just for owners/sellers within this district to be realistic of the current situation locally and globally. otherwise, don't put up the units for sale. or put up the units for sale and regret then...

Seen some units been left vacant for many months due to differences of $500 or less. the owners/landlords would have opportunity losses during the vacant period. Better to be selective with tenants than renting at higher rent to unreliable tenants. No matter how cashflow rich the owners/landlords are, this is what we see as inefficient use of resources.
    This is market forces. Seller dreaming about price collapse to own dream home cheap cheap. Sellers praying that they sell good price or hold out as long as they could. Property clash is a zero sum game that only a small minority benefits. Are you so sure you are that minority? Just look at the last AFC and SARS...

Personally, I hope the coming budget will ensure economic stability.

Quote Originally Posted by repanse71
    This is market forces. Seller dreaming about price collapse to own dream home cheap cheap. Sellers praying that they sell good price or hold out as long as they could. Property clash is a zero sum game that only a small minority benefits. Are you so sure you are that minority? Just look at the last AFC and SARS...

Personally, I hope the coming budget will ensure economic stability.
    I am urging all sellers to be swift....esp. locals. please dont forget that there are other nationalities of sellers/owners. Do the local sellers/owners know what the majority of them is doing? Agents will be able to fill ya in...but the usual comments = overseas investors are able to hold on, high rental demand.

hi everyone.

" 800k to 850k, can find a 2bedrm condo near Novena MRT?"
    am i closer to the target price in d11 already or still long way to go....

Yes and no. Depend on size + distance to Novena MRT.

Default Domus vs I-residences

anyone did comparison ? kindly share your views... pros and cons... future potential? too crowded...?

am looking at the 2bedrm unit, they are within my budget now.

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    anyone did comparison ? kindly share your views... pros and cons... future potential? too crowded...?

am looking at the 2bedrm unit, they are within my budget now.
    I like the Iresidences showroom.... have not been to Domus... or Arte....

how do you find domus?

Quote Originally Posted by kgchong
    I like the Iresidences showroom.... have not been to Domus... or Arte....

how do you find domus?
    at the moment, i think domus is more affordable, since they have 2bedrm at 904 sqft, while iresidences at 980sqft. Personally, i think both are quite similar projects, maybe i-residences given fixtures slightly better (this is my personal view).

heard domus 1 bedrm units all sold, but dun noe how is the 2bedrm sales.... anyone have news?

I think if you drive, then it's better to get a unit from I Residence. The reason being that you can either drive back to Novena via Shan Road, or balestier from Irrawaddy. For Domus - you definitely have to drive out to balestier - which may be a killer during peak hours.

However, I think both properties are still too highly priced - wait for it to drop further.

and i think both are under district 12.

Hi Magdalene,

Hope you are not waiting still ... price in the area has moved in tandem with the market ...

All the best!
    YFG

hahaha.. we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by magdalene
    hahaha.. we'll see
    actually i gave up looking near novena mrt, and went to buy citylights, cos within my budget

It does not matter, as long as you like where you live and the price is within your means provided that the sale price has dropped reasonable enough

doubt you will find any new project for that price with the current bull run. probably you can find something in east coast.

For 8xxk for 2 br, your best chance (for new developments) is Nova 48 or 88... but that's actually slightly out of Novena (actually in D12), though can walk.

If you don't mind older developments, try Mandale Heights, De Paradiso ...

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    For 8xxk for 2 br, your best chance (for new developments) is Nova 48 or 88... but that's actually slightly out of Novena (actually in D12), though can walk.

If you don't mind older developments, try Mandale Heights, De Paradiso ...
    Is Nova sold out already ?
    I went there 2 weeks back ... there were like handful of units left ..
    Anyone got any information ?

YFG

there will be. i did not check it out. it is obvious tht new projects launched recently will draw buyers from old projects with leftover units.