Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HILLVISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77
    This is one expensive condo from far east that doesn't come with tennis court. If i am not wrong about it. Quite ULU and that area really got no amenities. For 1000psf i think FEO really pushing their luck this time. The main road is quite jam during peak hours.

That land they build on was my childhood playground. Plenty of Mozzies. Peace and quiet.
    yeah .... & to think that Glendale etc. also nearer to the future DTL than this one ... wat so big deal abt this hor ... traffic jam is so infamous there some more ... prestigious meh???

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    yeah .... & to think that Glendale etc. also nearer to the future DTL than this one ... wat so big deal abt this hor ... traffic jam is so infamous there some more ... prestigious meh???
    Precisely, what is so prestigious about its address ? It's funny that the agent can say that the address is more prestigious than Beverly. Elizabeth drive ..

if both projects equal in price, Beverly @ Toh Tuck is definitely a better investment than Hillvista@Hillview. Hillview has nothing to brag about apart from its proximity to standard chartered bank, future mrt (7 years down the road) and the ugly looking lam soon factory. Even for MRT, residents living in condos nearer to Hillview Regency will have to walk hell of a distance to get to MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    Precisely, what is so prestigious about its address ? It's funny that the agent can say that the address is more prestigious than Beverly. Elizabeth drive ..
    Well, Elizabeth Drive does sound nicer than Toh Tuck.

Oh those nearer condos (e.g. Glendale, Hillington) oso muz walk looong distance ah?

Yah, agree Beverly prob a betta buy .... some more DTL a few yrs down the road leh ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if both projects equal in price, Beverly @ Toh Tuck is definitely a better investment than Hillvista@Hillview. Hillview has nothing to brag about apart from its proximity to standard chartered bank, future mrt (7 years down the road) and the ugly looking lam soon factory. Even for MRT, residents living in condos nearer to Hillview Regency will have to walk hell of a distance to get to MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Well, Elizabeth Drive does sound nicer than Toh Tuck.
    Bro, you mean Toh Tuck sounds "chinese" isit ?

Oh those nearer condos (e.g. Glendale, Hillington) oso muz walk looong distance ah?

Yah, agree Beverly prob a betta buy .... some more DTL a few yrs down the road leh ....

Price not the same , HillVista priced themselves much higher than Beverly.
    Well, I know why ppl are not buying Beverly - due to the triangular landscape I heard. But in any case, I can only shake my head when I heard the FE agent said that ..

beverly developer did buy a fxxxed up piece of land coz of its shape and the only way to maximise the space to build more units, they have no choice but to construct buildings forming a triangular shape with all the facilities in the centre.

Price not the same , HillVista priced themselves much higher than Beverly.
    Well, I know why ppl are not buying Beverly - due to the triangular landscape I heard. But in any case, I can only shake my head when I heard the FE agent said that ..

actually i was wondering why developers did not buy up greenlodge coz there are fewer owners to compensate and it is nearer to the entrance of toh tuck road and can easily walk to bt timah shopping belt. beverly still have to either take a feeder bus or a long walk out to the main road...

actually i was wondering why developers did not buy up greenlodge coz there are fewer owners to compensate and it is nearer to the entrance of toh tuck road and can easily walk to bt timah shopping belt. beverly still have to either take a feeder bus or a long walk out to the main road...
    Greedlodge is definitely a better location, situated next to high oaks and is a short walk to the future MRT. Big plot of land too compared to Beverly.

Bro, you mean Toh Tuck sounds "chinese" isit ?
    Not really. But imagine a person telling a foreigner that he stays in Elizabeth Drive, likely the foreigner will think he is staying in "jia hong chu".

If he says Toh Tuck, likely the foreigner will think he is staying in HDB.

But for $700+psf, Beverly is definitely a better buy, provide the person is not "bang dang" about the triangular layout.

the entire shape of development is a 'poison arrow'. Residents of Beverly will end up fighting with neighbours all the time n the proj wud also jinx neighbouring condos.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Not really. But imagine a person telling a foreigner that he stays in Elizabeth Drive, likely the foreigner will think he is staying in "jia hong chu".

If he says Toh Tuck, likely the foreigner will think he is staying in HDB.

But for $700+psf, Beverly is definitely a better buy, provide the person is not "bang dang" about the triangular layout.

the entire shape of development is a 'poison arrow'. Residents of Beverly will end up fighting with neighbours all the time n the proj wud also jinx neighbouring condos.
    By the way, I just heard that the price of beverly has gone up to 880 psf for a large 3 bedder.

that is the price of an RCR condo

By the way, I just heard that the price of beverly has gone up to 880 psf for a large 3 bedder.

that is the price of an RCR condo
    What does RCR stands for ?

RCR is Rest of Central Region

Default Map of Central Region

Hi beverly, thot it's good to know this ... just fyi The Beverly is within RCR but not this one

Hi beverly, thot it's good to know this ... just fyi The Beverly is within RCR but not this one
    Wah! Got another RCR meh?

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Wah! Got another RCR meh?
    Oops .. I mean to inform beverly that The Beverly (which she may be considering) is within RCR .. but not Hill Vista ..

quoted $1.09 million for a 2 bedders but its a 1000+ size today....too expensive by the way dun really like it as i find it looks small.

Oops .. I mean to inform beverly that The Beverly (which she may be considering) is within RCR .. but not Hill Vista ..
    Err .. from the map above that has been marked out in orange, The Beverly is not within the zone, it is Toh Tuck Area, outside of Dunearn Road, towards Jln Jurong Kechil nearer to the Upp Bt Timah Road already

Err .. from the map above that has been marked out in orange, The Beverly is not within the zone, it is Toh Tuck Area, outside of Dunearn Road, towards Jln Jurong Kechil nearer to the Upp Bt Timah Road already
    Orange area is CCR and White below the Black boundary is RCR.

how the hell do these people draw boundary lines? Toh Tuck area (along with garden vista n the whole lot of condos around) is so near Bukit Batok in the west and quite a drive to the city so how can they call that central? The cutoff pt for the east is Eunos link is probably becoz of the gov transformatn of paya lebar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleek

Nonsense. Beverly is in OCR. Why the obsession with how the government classify RCR or OCR? There're lots of RCR condos cheaper than OCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Nonsense. Beverly is in OCR. Why the obsession with how the government classify RCR or OCR? There're lots of RCR condos cheaper than OCR.
    Before you use the word Nonsense, please go check out URA website. In case you don't know, URA web info on monthly sales actually displays such info ... go search "Beverly" lah ... tsktsk.

Obsession anot it's people biz ... wonder why some like to go around talking without getting the facts first

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Hillvista ............ OCR ........ 55 ............................ 2 ................................ 1,126 ............ 1,088 ............ 1,050
    How many units were sold in October?

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Beverly ....... RCR ........ 78 ........................... 1 ..............................
    .. 908 ................. 908 ............... 908

This means this Hillvista is just outside RCR? Didn't know RCR is that BIG that goes to Toh Tuck! Whatever. It's just a arbitrary line. One should look at the overall potential of a property and not keep staring at the demarkation line in my opinion. RCR does not equate to better location. One really has to view the place, see the future potential etc instead of staring and hoping URA change the line whatever.

Obsession anot it's people biz ... wonder why some like to go around talking without getting the facts first

saying the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    ....... One should look at the overall potential of a property.... . One really has to view the place, see the future potential etc ............