Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Madeira & Guilin View

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Madeira & Guilin View

The window view of Singapore Guilin View with water and hill is refreshing.

Unregistered Guest

URA webside just published statistics stating a transaction in May
    of Guilin View - 1281 sqft sold at $650,000 = $507.4 per sqft.
    Can any housing agent here tell us which unit is this that manage
    to get such high price?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    to get such high price?
    Wow, I must say that this price is a recent high for this development. And this price is higher than other recent transactions by a substantial margin. I would guess that this unit is located on very high floor with fantastic view, and perhaps come with designer decor.

It could also be because the suburbs area prices are really taking off now.

This is good news for people who own units at Guilin View.

Guilin 4 room owners (1700 sq ft + 1800< sg ft) asking for $1.0 mio! just a few months ago $700k+...i think its the "fishing" attitude taken by a lot of owners...not necessarily will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Boon
    Guilin 4 room owners (1700 sq ft + 1800< sg ft) asking for $1.0 mio! just a few months ago $700k+...i think its the "fishing" attitude taken by a lot of owners...not necessarily will be done.
    I think if u bargain hard enuf, the owner would let go to u at abt $800k. I think this is abt the current mkt value.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Madeira
    I think if u bargain hard enuf, the owner would let go to u at abt $800k. I think this is abt the current mkt value.
    What is the point of buying a property looks more like HDB (at least from the outside)? Unless you need place to stay for your family, be prepared a drop of 30% of today price in 2011.

What is the point of buying a property looks more like HDB (at least from the outside)? Unless you need place to stay for your family, be prepared a drop of 30% of today price in 2011.
    Look like HDB cannot fetch $800k? Some real HDBs actually fetched more than $700k.

Unregistered Guest

Today's Straits Time reported a Bukit Batok central 5 room flat asking for 500 K, so is a 3 bedroom in Guilin View asking for 650 K fair ?

Unregistered Guest

I think owners of Guilin View have been on too low profile, such a CDL development with a view and so near to MRT, so may units, so few sellers,
    They must be too proud to sell. Looks like HDB? Maybe it is good so that the price can stay low.

Unregistered Guest

Today's Straits Time reported a Bukit Batok central 5 room flat asking for 500 K, so is a 3 bedroom in Guilin View asking for 650 K fair ?
    Asking price these days are totally crazy and I don't think it is useful for anything other than making property owners feels so good about their property. I saw an ad the other days asking for 1200 psf for a Nothvale penthouse which was four times the price of last transacted price for a penthouse at Northvale

Unregistered Guest

It is totally crazy, I agree. There is no direction anymore. For those to dare price high may bag a good deal if some cash rich ex-enbloc owner desperately need to find a replacement property. Guilin View is one of those few that still price below its potential.

to get such high price?
    I think for every development we will see a handful of such jump in prices - there are a group of people out there who need a place and fear being left out; enbloc millionaires; speculators etc - that would pay premium prices way above the last transacted. But I personally do not think we will get more than a handful of such transactions unless this turns out to be a mass hysteria buying spree (which i dont think so).

While GV looks a little run down from the outside, some of the units look pretty nice inside. See
    http://www.view2offer.com/9980
    http://www.view2offer.com/8416

As for the view - yes, I agree its not quite the Guilin ala-China's, but its a refreshing view versus having to face an opposite block. Some people would pay a premium for this fungshui - water and hill thingy..(please dont ask me to elaborate, I was told of this!).

Unregistered Guest

It is totally crazy, I agree. There is no direction anymore. For those to dare price high may bag a good deal if some cash rich ex-enbloc owner desperately need to find a replacement property. Guilin View is one of those few that still price below its potential.
    I am waiting for a senile mentally retarded who are holding on mountains of cash from encloc to buy penthouse at Northvale for 3.5 million. Every night I have sweet dreams of being welcome into this private room in UBS reserved exclusively for clients of private banking. During the fancy lunch, I will be listening to presentation on ideas to turn my 3million profit to 6 million.

Unregistered Guest

I am waiting for a senile mentally retarded who are holding on mountains of cash from encloc to buy penthouse at Northvale for 3.5 million. Every night I have sweet dreams of being welcome into this private room in UBS reserved exclusively for clients of private banking. During the fancy lunch, I will be listening to presentation on ideas to turn my 3million profit to 6 million.
    C'mon 3.5 m for a PH this is soooooooooooooooooooooo cheap. Foreigners quick line up and start buying. Bid each other out. raise to 5 m. Foreigner, calling all foreigners!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Re: The Madeira & Guilin View

My goodness, even Guilin View have gone up to $540 per sq feet.

Unregistered Guest

My goodness, even Guilin View have gone up to $540 per sq feet.
    I saw the asking prices for Guilin View top 700psf in ST last weekend.
    I guess both the seller and agent are insane!
    Then again, you never know, what if they find a guy who just gone crazy because of the windfalls from enbloc sale. He might as well grab it and throw in additional 100K to seal the deal on the spot

Unregistered Guest

I saw the asking prices for Guilin View top 700psf in ST last weekend.
    I guess both the seller and agent are insane!
    Then again, you never know, what if they find a guy who just gone crazy because of the windfalls from enbloc sale. He might as well grab it and throw in additional 100K to seal the deal on the spot
    Thanks for the encoragement,
    I will advertise my 3-BR top floor unit at 1.5mil this weekend
    Who knows, I may get lucky
    For those guys who just become insane, may be only units above 1.5 mil will catch their eyes

For those guys who just become insane, may be only units above 1.5 mil will catch their eyes
    Yup. Foreigners only want to buy units that are more than $1000 psf. So u shd raise yr asking price.

Unregistered Guest

Yup. Foreigners only want to buy units that are more than $1000 psf. So u shd raise yr asking price.
    Yes, foreigners buyers are only interested in prime property which is at least at 1000psf or above. Unfortunately, they are not stupid nor insane and as such they would not want to bother with property like guilin view even if is going for 400psf. The best bet is indeed to try your luck with the locals who had gone crazy because they couldn't take the shock from the sudden windfalls from enbloc sale of their units

Unregistered Guest

High floor 3-BR unit at Guilin View is about 1300sft. At 1.5mil, he is planning to ask something like 1150 psf for his unit. What are you suggesting?

Unregistered Guest

High floor 3-BR unit at Guilin View is about 1300sft. At 1.5mil, he is planning to ask something like 1150 psf for his unit. What are you suggesting?
    Allow me to give my neutral opinion: transactions are currently at 500+psf and there is always risk of further dropping for LH properties with current market sentiment. What makes the owner thinks that his unit is worthing 1150psf? Its still your call, if you want to buy from him, but make sure you get a superbig discount (maybe 10yrs maintenance + property tax rebates + fully furnished).

Now the personal opinion: I went there for CNY gathering at colleague's unit. Location is very convenient but quite noisy partly due to mrt track (for a condo in suburban), the facilities suffered quite substantial wear and tear considering that the condo is not that old, but colleague told me it was worse till to 'high usage' by those 'extended families'.

Unregistered Guest

U can wait long long...

Unregistered Guest

i guess the senile, mentally retarded person is you!!

Unregistered Guest

this guy is apparently very free. he posted the same nonsense in other threads too.

Unregistered Guest

Allow me to give my neutral opinion: transactions are currently at 500+psf and there is always risk of further dropping for LH properties with current market sentiment. What makes the owner thinks that his unit is worthing 1150psf? Its still your call, if you want to buy from him, but make sure you get a superbig discount (maybe 10yrs maintenance + property tax rebates + fully furnished).

Now the personal opinion: I went there for CNY gathering at colleague's unit. Location is very convenient but quite noisy partly due to mrt track (for a condo in suburban), the facilities suffered quite substantial wear and tear considering that the condo is not that old, but colleague told me it was worse till to 'high usage' by those 'extended families'.

Allow me to share my two-cents worth on the threee developments in this thread's discussion -- Guilin View, the Madeira and Hillview Regency. I happened to know the management council of all three, including Westmere, mentioned by another writer.

Both Guilin and Madeira are located in HDB territory and are better known as upgrader's condo. The same applies to Westmere, but Westmere is slightly different, being an EC.

Since the majority of Guilin and Madeira are HDB upgraders, the price relative tends to be in the order of -- HDB Executive Apartments >> ECs >> upgraders' condos >> private condos.

Hillview Regency, Signature Park, Parc Palais, etc., in the Hillview area are regarded as private condos rather than upgraders. So the price tends to be higher.

Yes, Guilin is much older than the Madeira, and worse, the MRT track cuts across the estate! Otherwise, the difference is minor.

Both Guilin and Madeira are near to the MRT, with side gates to the nearby HDB shops. Of course, the Jade is smack across the MRT with the noisy West Mall facing it.

If you are already living in private properties or in an EC, the tendency is that you would prefer private condos like Hillview. On the other hand, if you are an HDB upgrader, you would be more comfortable with Guilin or the Madeira because of the familiar surroundings as well as the more affordable price range.

Price-wise, Madeira could fetch a tad higher, say $20 to $30 psf than Guilin because it is newer, otherwise both should trade in the $500+ to $600+ range depending on facing and height.

Hillview, like others in the Hillview area, tends to command a slightly higher psf and prices could be in the upper $500 through the lower $700 psf depending which condo, facing, height and finishing.

And if you move further down the Bukit Timah Road area towards Newton, the psf moves further up to as high as the $2,400 psf.

Hope the above helps.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of March 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Hillvista ............. OCR ....... 2 ............................... 1,058 ............ 1,034 ............ 1,010

I just saw May & June caveats for Guilin ...show prices for standard 1281 psf 3-room being transacted at $665-700k vs Jan/Feb caveats of $750-850k...a decline of 10-15%. On the way to the $550-600k level which I expect it to go to i.e. another 10-15% to wipe out the froth that built up last year.

GVer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Boon
    I just saw May & June caveats for Guilin ...show prices for standard 1281 psf 3-room being transacted at $665-700k vs Jan/Feb caveats of $750-850k...a decline of 10-15%. On the way to the $550-600k level which I expect it to go to i.e. another 10-15% to wipe out the froth that built up last year.
    Hope your dreams come true but people like me who bought GV during project launch in 1997, you can be assured I will not sell you at the price you are looking! I have holding power and GV is very rentable, being at good location!

Quote Originally Posted by GVer
    Hope your dreams come true but people like me who bought GV during project launch in 1997, you can be assured I will not sell you at the price you are looking! I have holding power and GV is very rentable, being at good location!
    HAHA no la..not buying..i ALREADY bought la..in May 2007...Blk 22 low flr for $550k. Just giving my view on the market (definately no regrets vs buying one in Madeira - i love my balcony).

Going going going..lower...i read an advert for standard GV 3 room going for $650K OFFER. Nego nego...maybe $625k also will let go. Almost there...another 10% more to go