Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Madeira & Guilin View

Unregisteredw Guest

That's the problem with leasehold properties. It falls like knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Boon
    Going going going..lower...i read an advert for standard GV 3 room going for $650K OFFER. Nego nego...maybe $625k also will let go. Almost there...another 10% more to go

Get Real! Guest

The FH will fall just as fast and as deep. In 1997 and 2001, both FH and LH felt like a rock and I don't see why it will be different this time.

The only thing special this time around is that there are many over priced old properties (both LH and FH) around because of the recent "enbloc" mania pushed the price of many of these properties skyhigh in the last 2-3 years. This category is most shaky and is most difficult to predict the bottom. Just watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredw
    That's the problem with leasehold properties. It falls like knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Real!
    The FH will fall just as fast and as deep. In 1997 and 2001, both FH and LH felt like a rock and I don't see why it will be different this time.

The only thing special this time around is that there are many over priced old properties (both LH and FH) around because of the recent "enbloc" mania pushed the price of many of these properties skyhigh in the last 2-3 years. This category is most shaky and is most difficult to predict the bottom. Just watch!
    I know of a friend who is stuck with a 30 year old prop in river valley - bought it cause condo the left enbloc, condo to the right en bloc, so comon sense tells yo ucondo in between en bloc right? ...but now he cant even rent out not only because of crisis but because of the bloody noise and dust from the surrounding construction! I m thinking maybe NOW'S the time to buy the unit from him (at half price of course..he's beats me up every time i offer him)

FFI Guest

Comparing Guilin View and the FH properties in the vicinity Hillview and Hume area, Guilin View seems to be falling much much faster, despite having a MRT station nearby. Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Real!

Get Real! Guest

It is difficult to gauge the rate of drop when you look at only a couple transactions over a short period (a few months). The real fall has not even started to show as yet because we are in a period of "inactivity" in the market. When the activity starts to build up next year, the mommentum for the downward trend will start to build up.

Quote Originally Posted by FFI
    Comparing Guilin View and the FH properties in the vicinity Hillview and Hume area, Guilin View seems to be falling much much faster, despite having a MRT station nearby. Just an observation.

Hello... does anyone know the size of the site area for Madeira? Considering a unit there.. Do you know if all the layouts at madeira are squarish? I understand that there are many sizes of 3 rooms for this development, eg. 1238, 1259, 1302 and 1356 sqf.

Default Guilin view

Quote Originally Posted by tboonk
    Hello... does anyone know the size of the site area for Madeira? Considering a unit there.. Do you know if all the layouts at madeira are squarish? I understand that there are many sizes of 3 rooms for this development, eg. 1238, 1259, 1302 and 1356 sqf.

Can anyone help me to decide which is the best condo for investment as well as staying Guilin view, warren, parc oasis north wale or floravale?

which is the best psf price for each condo

Quote Originally Posted by tboonk
    Hi, I have seen some Madeira units 2 years back. One thing I didn't like about the units are that the master toilet itself is facing the entrance of the master bedroom i.e the moment u step into the master bedroom , first thing u see is the toilet facing the master bedroom door .. I dunno if there are any units that are not structured this way, but so far those I have seen are structured that way. And bay windows too if I rem correctly. The faciiilites look good and well maintained.

So Madeira and Guilin View, which one really better?
    as Rainforest EC launch at that price range, only mean this two condo will raise further, more so these are near to Jurong , 2nd Financial Hub

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT
    So Madeira and Guilin View, which one really better?
    as Rainforest EC launch at that price range, only mean this two condo will raise further, more so these are near to Jurong , 2nd Financial Hub
    quick quick buy now before price shoots to the roofie...

you must be staying at Madeira or Guilin view,
    why price will go up at this area?

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    quick quick buy now before price shoots to the roofie...

The coming Jurong Lake District development will definitely cause the valuation to go up (only 2 MRT station away from Jurong East). Caspian at Lakeside MRT already asking ave $1000. Clementi Regent Park asking ave $1200. At current price ave $800 psf, there is great upside potential once Jcube, JEM, Big Box, Jurong Hosipital and one capitaland mall ready in a few years. Only 3 mins mrt ride away from Bukit Gombak mrt to JE mrt.

You owner of guilin view or madeira?
    Quote Originally Posted by BB
    The coming Jurong Lake District development will definitely cause the valuation to go up (only 2 MRT station away from Jurong East). Caspian at Lakeside MRT already asking ave $1000. Clementi Regent Park asking ave $1200. At current price ave $800 psf, there is great upside potential once Jcube, JEM, Big Box, Jurong Hosipital and one capitaland mall ready in a few years. Only 3 mins mrt ride away from Bukit Gombak mrt to JE mrt.

Sshhh not so loud, I intend to buy more in this area, looking at 700psf

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    You owner of guilin view or madeira?
    No. Just a property hunter looking for undervalued property. GV & Madeira is now under my radar screen. I am also looking at Glendale Park, with the upcoming mrt & mall opposite. Another condo with great upside potential.

SINGAPORE: Singapore-listed TT International said it has signed an agreement with private equity real estate firm Lucrum Capital, which will invest at least S$200 million to complete the Big Box project, a mega retail warehouse located in Jurong.

In a statement, TT International said it has started exclusive discussions with Lucrum's wholly-owned subsidiary Lucrum Development (Singapore) for the proposed investment.

Under the agreement, TT International's interest in the project will be transferred to its wholly-owned subsidiary, Big Box Pte Ltd, and Lucrum Development will have the option to acquire up to 49 per cent shareholding in the unit.

TT International has to date invested S$95 million in the Big Box project, including acquiring the land from JTC Corp. and undertaking some foundation work on the land.

Construction work was halted during the 2008 and 2009 global financial crisis as TT International underwent a financial restructuring.

The Big Box, an eight-storey warehouse retail store with a gross floor area of about 1.3 million square feet, is located just next to Jurong MRT station.

It is targeted to be completed at the end of 2013 and will be the last and largest of four warehouse retail projects approved by Singapore's Economic Development Board under the Warehouse Retail Scheme, the other three being outlets for IKEA, Courts and Giant in the eastern part of Singapore.

Wong Ah Long, chairman of Lucrum Capital, said: "The location itself, the potential itself, it reminds me of what we did many years ago for Marina Centre, from forming Suntec City, Millennium Centre into what it is today and that is something we can replicate again within the next five years."

TT International's executive director Julia Tong said: "As part of our efforts to deliver shareholder value, TT International intends to develop Big Box successfully in Singapore and then export this homegrown warehouse retail concept to countries in the region."

Meanwhile, Lucrum Capital's director David Batchelor said the project meets with its "long-term objectives" and that the company "believes in the impending growth potential of Jurong Gateway as Singapore's largest regional centre."

Quote Originally Posted by FFI
    That's why I say condo on top of MRT or super near MRT calling for high prices will fall to the same level as the rest during crisis.

MRT condo bubble. Seriously, 200-300psf more just when it is smack next to MRT? Err mm. Don't make sense.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

If being beside MRT station doesn't deserve a premium, what more for a new launch condo selling at 35-50% more than another resale condo within 100m of the new launch?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    That's why I say condo on top of MRT or super near MRT calling for high prices will fall to the same level as the rest during crisis.

MRT condo bubble. Seriously, 200-300psf more just when it is smack next to MRT? Err mm. Don't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    If being beside MRT station doesn't deserve a premium, what more for a new launch condo selling at 35-50% more than another resale condo within 100m of the new launch?
    And that 35-50% difference can pay for many cabs with midnight charge plus advanced booking fee.

The mrt already factored into the prices of hillview condos and could go even higher when hillview mall and mrt up and running. the traffic situation in hillview is a big turn off for me and I am not sure how the situation would improve. Between gv n madeira, I think the latter is a better option. I am not crazy about xiao guilin coz the water is dead water that doesn't move and the view isn't all that fantastic as well (of course better than looking at ppl's kitchen).
    No. Just a property hunter looking for undervalued property. GV & Madeira is now under my radar screen. I am also looking at Glendale Park, with the upcoming mrt & mall opposite. Another condo with great upside potential.

Now still play JLD? are u kidding? those let go one aleady let go all zhao luo liao hand high high over to the next buyer....

now at other side punggol la...

btw guilin and madeira, just go for madeira becos very nicely mainained, nearer to mrt yet shielded from the track noise, surrounded by 24 hour coffee shops, macdonald, supermarket and wet market : )

Now still play JLD? are u kidding? those let go one aleady let go all zhao luo liao hand high high over to the next buyer....

now at other side punggol la...
    frankly speaking JLD plan is more concrete than punggol p by 2013 4 big malls and 2 offices will be completed bringing the count of mall to 5 in such a small jurong east area! the only confirmed things in punggol r tons and tons of hdb and condos and ec..

yeah the prices there are all forward pricing now...pricing like lakefront residences lo...those resale are already all up tens of % already..upside maybe but hard to say...

Plus a New Air Con Jurong East Bus Interchange

SINGAPORE: The Jurong East Bus Interchange will be moving to a temporary location, next to the existing bus interchange, from Saturday.

SBS Transit said the move is to facilitate the development of a new integrated bus interchange on the existing site.

All 17 bus services will be moving over to the temporary interchange along Jurong Gateway Road.

SBS Transit said staff will be deployed on the first few days to assist passengers.

- CNA/cc

yeah the prices there are all forward pricing now...pricing like lakefront residences lo...those resale are already all up tens of % already..upside maybe but hard to say...
    Yup although forward priced but not as crazy as punggol at 1300psf

The resale in the area still cheap, 700 to 950psf

Each new mall completed will probably rise the psf by 15 to 25psf, starting with the completion of jcube in march this year

The best buy will be Condo right beside Jurong East Mrt to capitalize on the new upcoming developments. But there's none at the moment. This make Condo near Chinese Garden, Lakeside, Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak & Clementi mrt very attactive.

Can forget about Madeira as all want to stay not sell.
    Those stay there know too well the value will only raise toward $1000psf,
    $1100psf,$1300psf year after year,when 2nd Greatest Financial Hub is up!!

Those buy Madeira when it launch at $400psf,now enjoying almost 3x the return,if it also rent out...too bad,miss the Boat early

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Yup although forward priced but not as crazy as punggol at 1300psf

The resale in the area still cheap, 700 to 950psf

Each new mall completed will probably rise the psf by 15 to 25psf, starting with the completion of jcube in march this year

than u should not miss the opportunity now..quickly buy... dont wait if not the Jcube completed, u will miss the boat...quick buy now dont wait....

You confirm stay at West,Madeira,Jade or Lakeshore

than u should not miss the opportunity now..quickly buy... dont wait if not the Jcube completed, u will miss the boat...quick buy now dont wait....