Page 1 of 26 123456111621 ... LastLast

Thread: Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Smile Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Hi Bros,

1st posting here. Drove through Upper PL road and saw a soon to be completed Oasis Garden. Surrounded by Factory and next to a school and Gurhaks building.

Any comments/updates on this new condo. Call the agent and mentioned now selling at 800psf.

Regards

I remembered when first launched, it was going like above S$1K psf. With the market condition now, not sure how the price dips. But those who bought earlier during the launch, good luck!

yup, was told by agent that the price can still be "negoitated". ASk me to quote a price and she will fight with developer.

The last offer we got was about low 800psf.. It dropped about 10% from the 1st time we stepped into the show unit in early Oct 08... Not sure if they would drop further though..

hope so. Was aiming this one for some time.

Project Name
    Street Name
    Type
    No. of Units
    Price
    ($)
    Land/
    Floor Area (Sqft)
    Unit Price ($psf)
    Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed

OASIS GARDEN JALAN BUNGA RAMPAI Condominium 1 1,100,000 1,216 904 Aug-08
    OASIS GARDEN JALAN BUNGA RAMPAI Condominium 1 1,122,000 1,227 914 Jul-08
    OASIS GARDEN JALAN BUNGA RAMPAI Condominium 1 758,000 947 800 May-08
    OASIS GARDEN JALAN BUNGA RAMPAI Condominium 1 1,233,500 1,475 836 Jan-08
    OASIS GARDEN JALAN BUNGA RAMPAI Condominium 1 1,044,400 1,238 844 Dec-07

Thanks bro on the update. My Budget around 850K

For which config? 3?

Question Oasis Garden at upper Paya Lebar

We went to the show flat last week. The layout of the condo seems good, but it seems too far to the Circle Line at Tai Seng. Not sure if it command such pricing, especially it is near industrial estate. Anyone think it would appreciate in value ?

I went to the website of the developer but could not find this property listed. It seems to be done by the subsidary , is this developer reliable ? Any comment ?

I went to the show room 2 months ago and yes the quality is good. It is lcoated between Tai Seng and Bradell station and KPE is nearby.

Agree with you that there seems very little infomation about this condo and it will be TOP 2009 mid. I have the agent card and will call her to find out more.

Are you buying for own stay or rental?

Default Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Hi,

We are looking for own stay and looking at 4 bed room units. However, we do not also think this will be our last home, that is why we want to ensure that the property will have appreciation value though D19 may not appreciate much.

Convenient is one of our consideration as our children will soon be able to go to school themselves so it would be good to stay near MRT. We are typical Singaporean that want good , cheap and worth for money ..

What about yourself ?

Me too for own stay and planning to let my son go maria stella Pri. What was the last info you got on the firm TOP date and your last quoted price?

I am looking to 3 bedrooms.

Default Oasis Garden At Upper Paya Lebar

Hi,

I heard is Mar 09, but from what I see at the site, it does not seems so. However, it would be good for us as we can see the actual unit before deciding to purchase.

It would be really good for you since you are going to enroll your son to Maris Stella, it is so near. Is it so difficult to register to Maris Stella ? I did not monitor. If so, it may really be great investment.

The price seems to drop by 15 % , but my agent quite cautious and will release price only on request, not given a full list like the old time.

He says it is negotiable with the developer.

Did you hunt around the area ? Any comparison to share ?

Actually I stay nearby Circuit Road and near my mom's place. This is a good location for me.
    My concern is similar to yours. All surrounded by Factories and not much view. So I believe the price will drop further with the current crisis...

My lasted quoted was 800psf but still negoitable.

Recently got some updated quotes for 3 the bedders.. #14 817psf, #10 781psf, #5 737psf... According to agent.. Price dropped 19% since Oct 08... And also understand from him a few units sold after this price revision...

Quote Originally Posted by skleehoh
    We went to the show flat last week. The layout of the condo seems good, but it seems too far to the Circle Line at Tai Seng. Not sure if it command such pricing, especially it is near industrial estate. Anyone think it would appreciate in value ?

I went to the website of the developer but could not find this property listed. It seems to be done by the subsidary , is this developer reliable ? Any comment ?
    We did a rough measurement and the walking distance is about 750m to Tai Seng MRT. Should be about 10mins stroll..

The developer is Peak Homes under Kheng Leong, which is a subsidary of UOB..

TOP as per my agent is Jun 09...

Today newspaper indicate that the price of Evania is now $600 psf, must call agent to check if Oasis Garden is going further lower than Evania.

Wow Oasis Garden will sure to drop further..I will check withmy agent again.

BTW when does Evania TOP?

Evania was 600+psf since one month ago during their relaunch... Their prices had only dropped once since the 1st launch in Apr 08 at 800+psf..

I checked out both developments.. Dun think Evania is in the same class as Oasis Gdn.... You can compare the 2 and judge it...

Default Oasis Garden at upper paya lebar

Actually I am quite new to private property market. I campare them based on the fact that they are along the same road. Evania may be smaller and consider apartment status, but in term of location wise, Evania may be better since it is in residential area.

What is your opinion on this ? As a investor, would you prefer Oasis to Evania ?

I would prefer Oasis Garden for its location and amenities. WIll be going down this weekend to take another look.

Not really an investor but a new home hunter.. We visited the Evania showroom and were actually quite happy with the finishing of the showflat... The layout is also quite good with decent size bedrooms and a kitchen (suitable for our non-cooking routine).. We especially like the option for us to "shift" the master-bedroom door so thst we can convert the study into a walk in wardrobe.. However, as the showroom is not located at the site, we decided to drive to the actual site to take a look..

We felt the development is too near the busy main road.. And noise pollution may be a long term problem especially for those units near the entrance.. Thus, if we eliminate the units that are near the road (i.e. units 03 and 05) as well as units that are right smack next to the wading pool, which would potentially be noisy (i.e. units 02 and 07), we are only left with choices from units 01 and 06 considering only 3 or 3+1 bedders... Then, we also considered west sun and subsequently eliminated unit 01 as we do not want to come home to an oven every evening.. So that left us with unit 06 which had not much view was it is right in the middle of the development.. If I did not recall wrongly, we were quote 650++psf for unit 06 (#03 or #04)... The other consideration was the development has only 35 units which would probably result in higher maintenance fees in the long run due to lower sinking funds... So, the above "cons" and available choice (which are our personal opinion) stopped us from buying a unit from Evania eventually..

On Oasis Gdn, the few things that we do not really like are the excessive bay windows and the small bedrooms (exclude master). Though sqaure area for the 3 bedders are about the same as Evania, their bedrooms seemed to be only a fraction of the Evania's bedrooms.. Location wise, we like Oasis Garden better due to it's walking distance to the future MRT station and the frontage is totally unblocked... Getting a high floor unit there would be breezy and have a nice open view.. The other minor disccomfort is the fact that it is near the industrial estate... We are still thinking hard on Oasis Gdn as the price offered by developer is still pretty steep..

Of course, the above are just personal judgements or opinions which may differ from others..

Wah Bro, very detail report on the 2 condos. I have not seen Evania (BTW where is the showroom) but I do agree with your comments on Oasis Gdn.

What is the price that the developer post to you? Did you make a counter offer?

I am still doing my sums and give the developer my best price for them to consider.

Anyway, I heard that the take up rate is only <50%. So maybe got good chance.

Regards

I think that Evania is better in terms of location as it is indeed located at Residential area. A friend of mine went down to both and in the end decided to buy Evania because of the large balcony and its location among other residents.

Personally do not like Oasis Garden location as it is too close to industrial area. Even went for a warehouse sales there before and many people parked all over the places. This thus affect the exclusive feel of a private property. The industrial feel thus lingers over the whole development.

In terms of pricing, Evania is definitely very well worth the money. 600psf for 2nd level units and 640psf for higher 4th level. This is a huge discount to other D19 properties ard the area. $900K will also get you a 1400sqft 3+1 freehold unit. My friend currently doing a background check on the developer as the 600psf is too good to be true.

Thks.. Just wanna share my opinions since I've seen both developments... Just felt that it is a little bit not "apple to apple" for both developments..

Another point I missed out is Evania's developer is a small player and thus has not much holding power, while Oasis Gdn is backed by UOB and thus can be abit more "stubborn" in the rate of dropping their prices...

I shared in an earlier post (Pg 1) on the latest quotation from agent last weekend.. Did not counter offer them as yet bcos my offer would be about 700psf for a high flr unit..

Where is Evania showroom located? Would definetely need to take a look...

Serangoon Ave 1, close to St Gabriel's Sec.

I have the same feeling as JTPY, I went to Evania showflat, kind of like the interior layout, however, I realised that none of the units are good for me.

01 stack may be the best as it is in the innermost , however, the west sun will kill. I drove there during noon to have a site check and found that even the Cherry Garden condo cannot shield the sun.

Also, there is no back gate, which mean that walking to Serangoon MRT need to go via the main road instead. Hence, I do not fancy Evania.

The only thing I am concern staying in Oasis is that the walk from MRT home at night might be very quiet. Also, the shop houses outside seems very run down and workers seems to stay on the 2nd level. Not sure if there would be any new development for shops at Little road, anyone got any idea ???.....

Yah, the shophouses along paya lebar road are really run down.. But that area is undergoing major road changes and redevelopment... The new expressway, MRT station, etc are all in the midst of development.. Also observe that the road in front of the shophouses are very awkward looking and narrow... Perhaps the govt will "clean up" that area abit after all the major developments are done..

I'll be doing some night driving to that area tonight to check out how safe the neighbourhood is..

Cool Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Thanks Bros !!!! will hear from you...

Just call my agent..he says we can try proposed another 5 % reduction to developer, he sound confident leh... also say bank evaluation is much higher...

I am still going to shop aound the area to see another property...seen in today newspaper..will share later...