Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast

Thread: Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Hi pple. Got a unit there and looking forward to move in. Gosh. The fences definitely looks awful in its current state. A perimeter wall will certainly provide better privacy than a fence. Who is the contact person at the developer? Guess that we should sound it off b4 it is too late........

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFoo
    Hi pple. Got a unit there and looking forward to move in. Gosh. The fences definitely looks awful in its current state. A perimeter wall will certainly provide better privacy than a fence. Who is the contact person at the developer? Guess that we should sound it off b4 it is too late........
    They don't seem to have an email. This is the only contact that I can find:

http://www.khengleong.com/kh_contacts.htm

Does anyone know when is the actual TOP of this project now that the fencing is up?

Anyway, OG is not listed under one of KL's projects. Thus, that explains the sub-std vs other projects??!!

Eh I think the practice is to list only completed projects rt?

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Eh I think the practice is to list only completed projects rt?
    yah, it appears to be so

Noted with thanks. Does anyone know when is the actual TOP of this project?

Quote Originally Posted by TSK
    Noted with thanks. Does anyone know when is the actual TOP of this project?
    Looking at the construction, Sept 09 should be able to obtain TOP...

LOL ..... like your 'PUI' ....
    Maybe cadencrh could share the gist of his/her message to the developer here ... email address?? else how do potential buyers do a complain ... can't be thru the agents rt??
    I'll draft my letter as a "concerned and disturbed potential buyer" later... Need to voice out my strong views..

Thks cadenrch for the URL...

Default Green fence

I drove past The Chuan yesterday and it has the same fence. It is meant to support the plants which makes it a green planted fence. Lets not jump to conclusion and get unneccessarily alarmed too quickly as Kheng Long is a very established developer. Lets give them a chance by writing in to clarify.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by banger69
    I drove past The Chuan yesterday and it has the same fence. It is meant to support the plants which makes it a green planted fence. Lets not jump to conclusion and get unneccessarily alarmed too quickly as Kheng Long is a very established developer. Lets give them a chance by writing in to clarify.

Cheers
    I noted part of Domain 21 had the same fence too but they are currently nicely covered by lush greenery. However, if you were to observe, the land behind the fence at OG (within the estate) is a steep slope which links to the basement carpark and they have planted it with cow grass currently. I doubt the same lush greenery can be achieved with such steep terrian. Anyway, let's hope the Dev will reply and do something.

Yah mann .... if steep slope how about soil erosion later ... wah like that car park still got left??

Yah mann .... if steep slope how about soil erosion later ... wah like that car park still got left??
    not as steep like bukit timah hill for sure so don't worry, carpark will not be buried. So long as the cow grass stays and thrive, i believe there will be no erosion problem..

Cheers
    I really hope so.. Probably drive over to take a look this weekend to take a closer look.. Maybe can tone down on the harshness if there's hope...

.......... as Kheng Long is a very established developer......

Cheers
    alamak, very established but no e-mail address

Called the developer to find out what is the intent for OG perimeter besides the raw fence. Was told that there will be green creepers growing and is part of overall OG Balinese concept. There will be a lot of greenery at the perimeter. Was told too that they have done similar landscaping for other projects but no specific reference. Maybe Banger69 reference to The Chuan is helpful. My one other concern is with the extensive creepers plants surrounding the perimeter, it may turn unsightly in the long run if the gardening is not well-maintained. Could be unfounded worries tough. Let's hope that the developer delivers what it promises. cheers!

~~看不到的事物,总会让人有想象的空间。~~

Called the developer to find out what is the intent for OG perimeter besides the raw fence. Was told that there will be green creepers growing and is part of overall OG Balinese concept. There will be a lot of greenery at the perimeter. Was told too that they have done similar landscaping for other projects but no specific reference. Maybe Banger69 reference to The Chuan is helpful. My one other concern is with the extensive creepers plants surrounding the perimeter, it may turn unsightly in the long run if the gardening is not well-maintained. Could be unfounded worries tough. Let's hope that the developer delivers what it promises. cheers!

~~看不到的事物,总会让人有想象的空间。~~
    I don't see a possibility for them to replace the fencing at this stage. Hopefully they can come out with a way to cover the fence using shrubs or plants like bamboo instead of creepers. The latter will undoubtedly be a maintenance problem in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cadencrh
    I don't see a possibility for them to replace the fencing at this stage. Hopefully they can come out with a way to cover the fence using shrubs or plants like bamboo instead of creepers. The latter will undoubtedly be a maintenance problem in the future.
    Bamboo could be a good & creative idea ... seen those creepers at The Linear .. gosh, even with shrubs behind its fence on top of creepers, still not much privacy leh ..

Agreed, the fence somehow look spoilt the whole look of OG. No difference from the 'Kuka estate'. Will write in to complain.....

No reply to my letter from the Developer so far...

Mr Mikefoo said he called ...

yeah. Called direct to check out. My concern to them is on the privacy and maintenance in the long run. Again, the developer explained their reasons as a fit to the landscape design and making the place less "hard".....so which is more important? It is an issue of preference and importance.......

yeah. Called direct to check out. My concern to them is on the privacy and maintenance in the long run. Again, the developer explained their reasons as a fit to the landscape design and making the place less "hard".....so which is more important? It is an issue of preference and importance.......
    Care to share who did you speak to? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hello
    Agreed, the fence somehow look spoilt the whole look of OG. No difference from the 'Kuka estate'. Will write in to complain.....
    "kuka estate" fencing gives them privacy. og fencing totally no privacy for lower floor units.

I passed by The Chuan this evening. Its front boundary fencing, a mix of glass panel + concrete sign walls + brc (Welded Wire Mesh) fencing, looks so much better. But still plants are not growing well at some parts of brc fencings

yes, care to share who you called? Who is the contact person and what number to call? There is no email address on thier website..

Totally agreed that concrete wall will look much better and easy to maintain in the long run. Let's wake the developers up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hello
    yes, care to share who you called? Who is the contact person and what number to call? There is no email address on thier website..

Totally agreed that concrete wall will look much better and easy to maintain in the long run. Let's wake the developers up!
    Hello to Hello and all . I called Kheng Leong number given by cadencrh vbmenu_register("postmenu_56719", true); on his earlier post with the URL. The number is a general line and you can request to speak to the co-ordinator in charge of OG. I couldn't remember what's her name. We can reflect our opinion but I don't think there is much could be done now with the fences put up.

Everyday, when I will pass by the OG construction site I noticed the progress is very slow unlike The Arte. For weeks, the penthouses windows are not up yet. I am doubtful Sep would be the TOP date.

Quote Originally Posted by TSK
    Everyday, when I will pass by the OG construction site I noticed the progress is very slow unlike The Arte. For weeks, the penthouses windows are not up yet. I am doubtful Sep would be the TOP date.
    I also addressed this issue about the slow construction progress in my letter and they replied that the expected the TOP will be in the 4th Quarter.

With regard to the fence, they will still keep their original design using the metal fencing but they mentioned that plants will be used behind the fence to screen off the internal of the estate.

Quote Originally Posted by cadencrh
    I also addressed this issue about the slow construction progress in my letter and they replied that the expected the TOP will be in the 4th Quarter.

With regard to the fence, they will still keep their original design using the metal fencing but they mentioned that plants will be used behind the fence to screen off the internal of the estate.
    Well, Q4 can be Oct or Nov or Dec ... anyway thot it should be expected as H2, so now juz simply narrow to the last qtr lor.

Can plant meh? Recall u mentioned steep slope??

Well, Q4 can be Oct or Nov or Dec ... anyway thot it should be expected as H2, so now juz simply narrow to the last qtr lor.

Can plant meh? Recall u mentioned steep slope??
    Let's see how they are going to do that..

.. well at least now u've gotten a reply. Thanks for sharing.