Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526

Thread: Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

I walked from side gate, cut through the canal, ended at escalator to MRT. So far consistently 8 min, not exactly brisk walking as I tried to slow down. I am not exactly a fast walker. But do take it with a pinch of salt. 8-12 min?

Quote Originally Posted by edwinleeap
    I walked from side gate, cut through the canal, ended at escalator to MRT. So far consistently 8 min, not exactly brisk walking as I tried to slow down. I am not exactly a fast walker. But do take it with a pinch of salt. 8-12 min?
    Sorry where is the canal? U mean u can cut thru bartley sch to reach mrt?

I tink i walk along little rd and den walk along upp paya lebar rd to reach tai seng mrt which took me 12-13min

That is walking to Tai Seng. Walking to Bartley is considerably nearer. Walk along side of Bartley Secondary, along the "drain", you will see SPCA and then Bartley Station. That will take 8-9 min.

That is walking to Tai Seng. Walking to Bartley is considerably nearer. Walk along side of Bartley Secondary, along the "drain", you will see SPCA and then Bartley Station. That will take 8-9 min.
    Den it make sense...din noe there is a proper pedestrian pavement along the drain

There was actually a plan by the MP Lateef to build playground and proposed sheltered walkway along the canal. There will be a meet-your-neighbour session in Oasis next week. Maybe can ask her whether the plan to build sheltered walkway to Bartley is confirmed?

Bartley station is nearer and actually safer at night. Many students pass by through Jalan Bunga Rampai out to Upper Paya Lebar Road. My wife avoids Little Road at night as it is more dimly lit.

There was actually a plan by the MP Lateef to build playground and proposed sheltered walkway along the canal. There will be a meet-your-neighbour session in Oasis next week. Maybe can ask her whether the plan to build sheltered walkway to Bartley is confirmed?

Bartley station is nearer and actually safer at night. Many students pass by through Jalan Bunga Rampai out to Upper Paya Lebar Road. My wife avoids Little Road at night as it is more dimly lit.
    The plan to build that sheltered walkway to Bartley road has been there since 2 years back when I visited the OG showflat. The agent mentioned it but nothing was done. I seriously doubt it will come to pass unless more people make noise and demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by sttp
    I've heard about this news, Any idea what will be built and when?
    Pass by and saw them doing soil testing on the site, looks like maybe Q1 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Pass by and saw them doing soil testing on the site, looks like maybe Q1 next year.
    During the meet-neighbour-session, MP mentioned work on playground will start end of the year. Project will take 4-6 months for completion. While there will not be a path along the canal (approval not granted), there will be one beside the proposed playground/fitness corner. This path will be slightly longer than the canal, but 'supposedly safer' as it is not beside the canal.