Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101520212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nicholas/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nicholas/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nicholas/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]Hi Tboonk,

Since you posted 4 times, I will spend some time to reply to you. Too many pros and cons to write down. Depends on what is important to you and where you are comfortable living in. If you focus on the past, yes the area was undeveloped. If you focus on the future, yes, the area is only 2 out of 10 years in its growth since the master plan was announced.

In 2008

http://www.ura.gov.sg/MP2008/

New URA Masterplan: Kallang, Paya Lebar the new stars
    Fri, May 23, 2008
    The Straits Times

GOOD news, Kallang and Paya Lebar: It is your turn to shine.
    The two sleepy industrial estates have been identified as Singapore's next big urban hotspots, as the nation's land planners draw up blueprints for the next 15 years.

Now colourless and underdeveloped, these towns will burst into full bloom over the next decade. Paya Lebar will be transformed into a thriving commercial and civic centre, while Kallang will become a residential and lifestyle hub with homes and offices set among green parks and sandy beaches.

They are the stars of the Urban Redevelopment Authority's (URA) highly anticipated Draft Master Plan, which was released by National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan on Friday.

The Master Plan, which guides Singapore's land use over the next 10 to 15 years, is revised every five years to provide more housing and leisure options and ensure that sufficient space is set aside to support a growing population.

The plan also continues a sustained effort to decentralise and reduce congestion in the Central Business District by building offices all across the island, bringing jobs closer to homes.
    Some of the plan's highlights, such as the new Jurong Lake District and the new MRT lines, have already been revealed.
    Other plans were more fully fleshed out on Friday, such as the expansion of the city's commercial centre, which will double in size to include Marina Bay and Tanjong Pagar, as well as the Beach Road/Ophir-Rochor corridor.

In 2010

http://onemotoring.sg/publish/onemot...tley_road.html

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News...27-194660.html

In 2018

Can anyone predict? ...

If you focus on the present, then walk or drive around the area, speak to a few residents and eat at the coffeeshops. You will have more than a superficial impression of reading in this forum.

Btw, if you see hunks and happy families running around or walking together, they are Gurkhas, the elite defenders of our land. They keep the spirits and bad guys at bay. Cheers

Default Looking forward to April 17 2010

http://business.asiaone.com/Business...312-53975.html

Charmed circle The Circle Line will open from next year, starting with Stage Three, which links the Bishan station on the North-South Line to the Serangoon station on the North-East Line. Experts say this added accessibility will boost property values in the areas around each station. Which are some of the notable stations and residential developments to look out for now? Fiona Chan explores the area
    Steep price jump likely

Current prices
    AT THE end of last year, homes in the Bartley area averaged $543 per sq ft (psf) in price.
    While there are too few projects in the area to allow an accurate comparison of average prices over time, those projects with more transactions showed steady price rises last year.
    These include Casa Rosa at Lorong Ong Lye and Sun Rosier at How Sun Drive, which went up in price by 20 per cent to 30 per cent last year.
    Potential growth
    Home prices are likely to jump by up to 30 per cent after the completion of the Circle Line MRT Station in front of the Maris Stella schools, said Mr Ku Swee Yong, the director of marketing and business development at Savills Singapore.
    He said this is one of the locations that will see the biggest rises in value as prices in the area are fairly low right now.
    The construction around the area seems to be more extensive than usual, he noted.
    "I would expect a significant price jump once the station is operational. Residents will then reap the benefits after suffering years of disruption from the road works."

Anyone know the land area for this project?

Not sure if it is accurate...information in below link

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/a...mid=13796&new=

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza88
    Anyone know the land area for this project?

With the circle line up, OG people can look forward to more good news soon...

Upcoming Serangoon Central mall 90% leased out

Posted by luxuryasiahome on February 3, 2010
    An upcoming mall in Serangoon Central, called nex, has leased out about 90 per cent of its space some nine months ahead of its official opening in November.
    The mall’s developer, Gold Ridge, said it has signed on the Serangoon Public Library as the newest anchor tenant at the complex.
    The new public library will occupy about 17,000 square feet of space and is scheduled to open to the public in March 2011.
    Other anchor tenants include Challenger, Cold Storage, Courts, and FairPrice Xtra.
    With over 600,000 square feet of net lettable area over six storeys, nex will be the largest mall in northeast Singapore.
    The mall is integrated with a new bus interchange and the Serangoon Interchange Station where the North East Line and the Circle Line converge.
    The retail mix will extend to over 350 specialty shops offering international and local fashion brands, various apparel wear and home products.
    Source : Channel NewsAsia – 3 Feb 2010

NLB to open new library in Serangoon in Mar 2011

Posted by luxuryasiahome on February 3, 2010
    Serangoon residents will have a new public library in March next year.
    The National Library Board (NLB) announced on Wednesday that the new Serangoon Public Library will be located at “nex”.
    “nex” is a mega eco-friendly mall linked to the new 16-bay Serangoon Bus Interchange and the stations of the new Circle line and existing North East line.
    The Serangoon Public Library will cater to some 122,000 residents in Serangoon.
    It will cover an area of about 17,000 square feet, and start with a collection of about 150,000 books, magazines and audio-visual material.
    Source : Channel NewsAsia – 3 Feb 2010

nex mall to have roof garden dog run

Posted by luxuryasiahome on November 10, 2009
    nex, the mall which is being built next to Serangoon MRT Station, will have a dog run – the first in a shopping centre here.
    The 2,000 sq ft run will be on the roof garden at the fourth level. ‘We hope that with the introduction of a designated dog area at nex, perhaps we can attract a new group of regular mall visitors who are pet lovers,’ says Tong Kok Wing, general manager of Guthrie Consultancy Services, which is providing project consultancy and marketing for nex.
    The run has been set aside for dogs to exercise and play in an off-leash environment under the supervision of their owners. ‘Under guidelines stipulated by the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA), certain breeds of dogs must be muzzled and the same will apply here,’ a Guthrie spokeswoman said.
    To visit the dog run, dog owners and their pets will have to use designated lifts in the mall or escalators outside. Dogs will not be allowed in other parts of the mall.
    A Pet Safari store will be on the same level as the dog park. The store, operated by Pet Lovers Centre – one of Singapore’s largest pet food retailers – will occupy more than 5,000 sq ft in a double-storey unit. It will offer pet food, accessories, veterinary services and pets for sale.
    So far, more than 70 per cent of retail space at nex has been committed. Anchor tenants include Challenger, rivals Fairprice Xtra and Cold Storage, Courts, Isetan, Shaw Cineplex, Food Republic and Food Junction. The mall is being developed at an estimated cost of $1.3 billion and is slated to be completed by end-2010.
    Other places in Singapore where there are dog runs include West Coast Park, Bishan Park and Pasir Ris Farmway.
    Source : Business Times – 10 Nov 2009

Metro, Isetan setting up new heartland outlets

Posted by luxuryasiahome on July 31, 2009
    RETAIL veterans Isetan and Metro will expand in the coming year, at a time when many of their counterparts around the world are biting the dust.
    The two department stores, each with three outlets, are setting up new outlets in the heartland – after years of standing pat.
    Japanese chain store Isetan will open its first outlet in 14 years at Nex, an upcoming mall in Serangoon Central, next year. Locally owned Metro will have a 56,000 sq ft outlet in City Square, the mall in Little India, by September – this coming after it closed two stores in the last four years.
    The moves fly in the face of what is happening elsewhere, where department stores are doing anything but expanding. The recession has already felled the weaker players in the United States, Japan and parts of western Europe.
    American chains that have gone belly up include Gottschalks and Mervyn’s, while premium stores like Saks and Neiman Marcus are offering more lower-priced products to reel in the crowds, noted Australia-based retail consultant Michael Baker.
    In Japan, chains like Mitsukoshi and Daimaru have downsized or merged with others on the back of a three-year decline in takings.
    Here, names like Sogo and Seiyu, big in the 1990s, are now a distant memory for a new generation of shoppers. In its heyday in the 1980s, Metro had eight outlets, five in Orchard Road alone. Today, it has only one outlet on the strip, with the other two in Woodlands and Sengkang.
    Singapore Retailers Association executive director Lau Chuen Wei noted that department stores are no longer considered the must-have anchor tenant. The newest temples to shopping – 313@Somerset, Ion Orchard, Orchard Central and Tampines 1 – either have supermarkets or flagship stores of well-known brands to draw crowds. Shoppers have also changed their habits, said Mr Baker. They find browsing in department stores too inconvenient and prefer patronising speciality stores.
    Department stores are also facing competition from hypermarkets and fast-fashion brands muscling in on their ‘one-stop shop’ concept. Carrefour, for example, has gone beyond foodstuff and household sundries to sports equipment, clothing and make-up, while clothing brands like Zara now also stock shoes, accessories and bags.
    To survive, therefore, the department stores are staking a claim on heartland turf.
    Metro is doing one other thing – tweaking its offerings to attract younger shoppers: It will bring in new cosmetic brands, create a special Estee Lauder beauty treatment room and introduce the first Barbie shop here, modelled after the one in Shanghai.
    But some young consumers like civil servant Prashant Somosundram, 29, say department stores need to reinvent themselves, not just tweak their formula. He lives across from City Square mall, and hopes the Metro outlet there will ‘bring in unique fashion labels or food products’. He also suggested that stores create a unique shopping experience with interactive digital media.
    Source : Straits Times – 31 Jul 2009

Penthouse unit sold at $1040 psf...

I dun like the price but I like the view.

Address
    Tenure
    PSF
    Area Sqft
    Price
    Contract Date
    55 Jalan Bunga Rampai #18-08
    Freehold
    $1040
    $2250k
    16 Feb 11

nice unit number

I almost bought an unit here but changed my mind last minute due to it is near to light industry area

Default Couple sue developer over home defects (ST, Mar 22)

A COUPLE have sued a unit of property developer Kheng Leong, claiming the apartment the firm delivered to them was unfit for occupation.
    Mr Benson Tan and his wife Amelia, who bought a unit at Oasis Garden condominium, have sued Peak Homes Development, seeking compensation for various costs, such as the rental for another house while the unit was being repaired and the moving charges involved.
    They are claiming $12,146.73 in direct losses, plus interest as well as unspecified damages for being sold a unit unfit for habitation at the time of delivery, including for the alleged distress and inconvenience they suffered.
    The case got under way in the Subordinate Courts yesterday.
    In the suit, the couple claimed they found several defects when the apartment was first inspected after the keys were collected from the developer.
    The couple bought the 1,519 sq ft three-bedroom unit for $1.08 million in October 2007.
    The Tans, represented by lawyer P. Padman of KSCGP Juris, told the court yesterday that when the ground-floor unit was handed over in November 2009, it was in an 'uninhabitable' state.
    According to court documents, substantial defects were present throughout the apartment, including plumbing, flooring and carpentry problems.
    Mr Tan said the couple were forced to rent another home for six months while extensive repair work was carried out by Peak Homes' contractors.
    The apartment, currently occupied by Mr Tan and his wife, is among 134 units at Oasis Garden, located in Jalan Bunga Rampai, off Upper Paya Lebar Road.
    Peak Homes, through its lawyer Melvin Lum of WongPartnership, responded in a court-filed document, claiming the couple were unrealistic in their demands.
    The couple's expectations, it said, far exceeded the industry standards laid out in the Building and Construction Authority's guidelines.
    Peak Homes has argued that most of the defects set out by the couple were minor ones, consisting mostly of stains. They said these would not have rendered the unit unsafe or impossible to occupy.
    The firm argued that it had carried out the work to rectify the defects and covered the costs.
    It added that on top of these rectifications, the couple had asked Peak Homes' main contractor to carry out more renovation and upgrading work on their unit.
    This is not the first time a developer has been sued by residents. Last month, residents of Emery Point, a project in Tanjong Katong, sued City Developments, the main contractor, five sub-contractors and the architect over numerous building defects.
    The case was ultimately resolved amicably out of court.
    The Kheng Leong group has real estate developments across the region in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Australia.
    Its projects here include the 1,145-unit The Minton in Lorong Ah Soo.
    The hearing is expected to continue on May 11.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    A COUPLE have sued a unit of property developer Kheng Leong, claiming the apartment the firm delivered to them was unfit for occupation.
    Mr Benson Tan and his wife Amelia, who bought a unit at Oasis Garden condominium, have sued Peak Homes Development, seeking compensation for various costs, such as the rental for another house while the unit was being repaired and the moving charges involved.
    The Kheng Leong group has real estate developments across the region in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Australia.
    Its projects here include the 1,145-unit The Minton in Lorong Ah Soo.
    The hearing is expected to continue on May 11.
    I wanted to post this up but you beat me to it!

hehehe. but this is indeed impt! couple must be REALLY displeased to go through this route.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I wanted to post this up but you beat me to it!

I'm so glad I sold my unit.

wahhhh... like this, wont the price of the property be affected...

Quote Originally Posted by lilfeets
    wahhhh... like this, wont the price of the property be affected...
    Try Woodlands blk 686B...

Hi, I think this is my first post in this forum. I just saw a unit at Oasis Garden. I'm interested in the place. Could anyone please tell me the pros can cons of the condo? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sttp
    Hi, I think this is my first post in this forum. I just saw a unit at Oasis Garden. I'm interested in the place. Could anyone please tell me the pros can cons of the condo? Thank you.
    If u dun mind staying within light industry n gurkha camp

Past 2yrs tx oredi tell us the story....from 800psf in jul09 till now 9xxpsf....laggard....not much tx....not popular

Those were 2 areas I noticed first but after observing the area I felt that I'm fine with it. Anyone staying in Oasis Garden? Care to share you experience there so far?

Those were 2 areas I noticed first but after observing the area I felt that I'm fine with it. Anyone staying in Oasis Garden? Care to share you experience there so far?
    Only perks is close to Maris Stella if u got boys...

You will like it if u prefer quiet environment rather than those noisy by the main road type of condos.

I guess the place appeals to me as it's quiet and is near some family members.

Well you have close proximity to family members which is already a super strong pull factor so you are just looking to see if there are undesirable things you have missed or additional pull factors to assure your more! It was within my consideration years back but I decided otherwise because it was pretty ex then but now its considered relatively cheap coz the price appreciation lags other projects. Quite ok development if you drive.

Pros
    1. Quiet
    2. Bright, breezy.
    3. Unblocked views.
    4. Freehold.
    5. Within 1km to Maris Stella. Within 2km to PLMGS.

Cons
    1. No amenities anywhere within 500m. Need car.
    2. Little Road quite dark and deserted at night. Weekends got foreign workers sitting around drinking beer at night. But, no major incidents so far.
    3. MRT about 15 mins walk without shelter.
    4. Facilities nothing to shout about. Function room tiny. Main pool okay, kids pool pathetic.

You may want to do your indepth homework before making a decision.

Thanks for the advices. There're other factors to consider too. So far Oasis Garden has met my requirements so I guess I'll be making a decision soon.

Thanks for the advices. There're other factors to consider too. So far Oasis Garden has met my requirements so I guess I'll be making a decision soon.
    I think the plot at Bartley MRT when launched will push up prices of OG as it comes under spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    I think the plot at Bartley MRT when launched will push up prices of OG as it comes under spotlight.
    I've heard about this news, Any idea what will be built and when?

I've heard about this news, Any idea what will be built and when?
    I'm also interested to know when but I guess nobody knows when except the developers themselves. With all the high prices, developer will be weird not to launch it soon. Must they wait till prices are clamped by KBW before they launch?

Pros:

Peaceful, tranquil theme
    8 min walk to Bartley, 10 min walk to TaiSeng
    Possible potential to appreciate as Bartely MRT site 99LH likely to launch above 1000psf
    Central area, close to expressways, easy to reach CBD, east, AMK, Thomson etc
    Within 1km to Cedar Pri and Maris Stella Pri
    Unblocked and breezy

Cons:

Ammenities not nearby, need to walk
    Night time can be a dimly lit walk to through Little Road

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Two sites actually. One already awarded in Apr 2011. Launch expected possibly Oct 2011. The other is a GLS at Mount Vernon Road to be launched for sale in Nov 2011.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2011/pr11-39.html
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-69a12.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by edwinleeap
    Pros:

Peaceful, tranquil theme
    8 min walk to Bartley, 10 min walk to TaiSeng
    Possible potential to appreciate as Bartely MRT site 99LH likely to launch above 1000psf
    Central area, close to expressways, easy to reach CBD, east, AMK, Thomson etc
    Within 1km to Cedar Pri and Maris Stella Pri
    Unblocked and breezy

Cons:

Ammenities not nearby, need to walk
    Night time can be a dimly lit walk to through Little Road
    Hey...u sure can hit bartley mrt within 8mins? Brisk walking? I walked tgt wif the agt last time n took me 12-13mins! He showed me the shortcut oredi lor

Now tink bck i tink he showed me the way to tai seng bcoz he said bartlet mrt is further to walk!