Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Acacias (D13 FH, Heritage Group)

Default The Acacias (D13 FH, Heritage Group)

Looking for FH condo (Acacias) aroung Braddel/ upper serangoon area - is this a good area for price to go up? Heard government going to make Serangoon MRT station some kind of regional center?? what do you think?? thanks

i found this article on it:

65-unit condo in Upp Serangoon Rd to go on sale

Another residential development goes on sale in the Upper Serangoon Road area this weekend. The Acacias - in Braddell Park, off Upper Serangoon Road - will be launched at an average price of about $645 per square foot (psf).

The 65-unit freehold condominium by The Heritage Group will comprise 35 three-bedroom apartments, 12 penthouses, 12 two-bedroom units and six one-bedroom units.

David Neubronner, executive director of Savills Residential, marketing agent for project, said: ‘Expatriates are gradually moving out of the traditional Districts 9, 10, and 11 - not only to be near schools but also to enjoy better living without compromising on quality and style.’

The Australian International School along Lorong Chuan and the French International School in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 are nearby. Mr Neubronner said the projected rental rate for condominiums in the area is $2.50-$3 psf. This could deliver a return of up to 5 per cent. The Acacias is being built on a redevelopment site that cost about $15.3 million in August 2005.

Further up Upper Serangoon Road, in Palm Grove Avenue, a redevelopment site measuring 29,014 sq ft is being put on the market for about $9.9 million. Originally comprising two neighbouring detached house plots, the 999-year leasehold site has gross plot ratio of 1.4.

Grace Ng, executive director and auctioneer of Colliers International, which is the marketing agent, says an apartment block with 30 units of about 1,200 sq ft each can be built. Another option, she says, is to build 20 cluster houses.

Closer to the city, off Upper Serangoon Road and near the Macpherson Road-Genting Lane junction, a freehold industrial building is for sale - the asking price is $11 million-$12 million. Zoned for ‘Business 1′, the 37,039-sq-ft freehold site has a gross plot ratio of 2.5. Marketing agent Colliers says such freehold sites in Singapore are rare.

Source: The Business Times, 21 September 2006

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Acacias (D13 FH, Heritage Group)

This is a good condo, but i think better dun hope for price to go up. Just be thankful the price doesn't fall. Property agents always say: there are some condos for investment, some condos are for staying. This one is for staying.

Unregistered Guest

This is a good project with still relatively affordable prices amidst little fanfare. I don't agree that this does not have investment value. It has top primary schools and international schools within 2km, 10 to 15mins walk to Serangoon MRT and faster still when Woodleigh MRT becomes operational. It is the only condo with full facilities located in a quiet landed property neighbourhood. Drive to city via nearby CTE is less than 10mins. It has many plus points which many loudly advertised projects do not have.

Unregistered Guest

Went and checked out the showroom yesterday. Out of 65 units available, only left with a few good facing units which were just released a couple of weeks ago. All the not so good back facing units has been sold out during the first launch. Price has gone up from around 650 psf during the first launch to current 750-800 psf!! Prices has really skyrocketed. Agree that this project has investment potential. Especially like the peace and quiet of the area. High floor units will have unobstructed view of the surroundings.

Unregistered Guest

I heard there is a new project that is coming up around the Braddell area.. my banker told me about it. Supposed to be landed or cluster house or something.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I heard there is a new project that is coming up around the Braddell area.. my banker told me about it. Supposed to be landed or cluster house or something.
    it's a cluster bungalow project, and it's called the medallion. quite a number of units sold already.

Unregistered Guest

The Medallion is by the same developer as the Acacias.

This developer uses surprisingly good quality fittings and finishes, even better than CDL I feel as can be seen from the Acacias showroom, a case in point is the lockset they give: while CDL gives the Gateman numeric code lockset, Acacias has the Gateman biometric thumbprint lockset!(ok i'm easily impressed :P)

Check out the website for more info on both: http://www.theheritagegroup.com.sg/

charis0 Guest

Sounds good. Are there still units available?

Unregistered Guest

Any more choice units?

Unregistered Guest

Went down today. Left with last 2 pool facing units.

A waste that the developers not advertising cos this is a really good condo.

Not vested.

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: Acacias (D13 FH, Heritage Group)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Went down today. Left with last 2 pool facing units.

A waste that the developers not advertising cos this is a really good condo.

Not vested.
    Went to the showflat three times last year. This development is parallel to a downward slope (if you are driving down from upper serangoon road). It is quite near to the bottom of the slope (like a valley). Did not see any flood collect there during the Nov, Dec, Jan months. However, the man-made concrete retaining wall of the few landed house above this development got me worried. I also notice a drain of more than one metre wide running below this development; property agent said not to worry as it will be re-directed - no sure how true is it.

Also checked out that the nearest MRT station is Serangoon not Woodleigh - an average 20 minutes walk.

Default WARNING!!!

Just been to Acacias recently to see the progress of the development...was actually very keen to purchase a unit there.

however, for all interested buyers beware - there is a huge sub-station (powerstation) right infront of stack 10!!!!! omg! the substation elevated all the way up to Level 3 and blocked out the whole unit (ie.masterbedroom, living hall/balcony). i think the proximity to the units is only a metre away!!

To have a better view of the stack 10, you should turn into Daisy Avenue from Braddell Road.

Default Warning!!! Acacias (DO NOT BUY)

Thank you Faith!! You just saved us!!

We were actually very keen in the Acacias stack 10 as the price was reasonable.

We were attracted to the almost completed units along somerville road. As you have advised, we drove to Daisy Road and there we saw the massive sub station blocking the 1st-3rd floor of stack 10.

Gosh, i sincerely pity the owners who bought these units and whoever that is going to buy from them.

Hi Faith, I m also interested in buying a unit in Acacias. i would like to know whom did u enquire the price from ? I have checked with the developer and they told me all the units are fully sold. Thanks !

All the units are indeed sold out. I've asked my property agent to check for any subsale units available but no luck so far.

Hi there,

i think there have been adverts on the website such as iproperty or even over last wkend's papers...

but again, beware of stack 10! it's a crappy stack...and the last time i spoke with was a malay agent who didn't mention anything wrong with it...so do go and take a look first before any action.

some of the rest of the units facing sommerville road seems better ....

good luck!!

What do u think of similar projects along the same road such as Bella Vista and Scenic @ Braddell?

honest opinion??? crappy proj....

I went to see the interior of the unit and I was very disappointed with the workmanship and quality.

This is definitely not the kind of quality I expected from a condo development.

As I have not seen the showflat when it was launched so I wonder did the developer cut corner.

There are some units on sale which I felt they do not worth such high price.

Quote Originally Posted by mukiman
    I went to see the interior of the unit and I was very disappointed with the workmanship and quality.

This is definitely not the kind of quality I expected from a condo development.

As I have not seen the showflat when it was launched so I wonder did the developer cut corner.

There are some units on sale which I felt they do not worth such high price.
    Hi Mukiman,

Im actually keen on this project. Just curious, how did u manage to see the interior as they have yet to TOP.

Hi all... seems like there's quite some positive sentiments on this projects, and am seeing some ads for subsales.

Not been to the actual area itself, but hope to get some advance info here first:

1) is this near the cemetery?
    2) for those who do not drive to work, is it quite inconvenient? Esp woodleigh station is not operational yet, and Serangoon station looks quite far away.
    3) any positive factor that sets this into a different league from those nearby?

Thanks!

Hi Leann

I went in while the construction is still on going, just asked the workers and they let me in.
    I went in to view at least 3 times but that was few weeks back, now they have blocked the entrance and you cant enter till TOP.
    If you are really keen, I advise you to view the unit after TOP, dont commit now though are quite a few units on sale. The workmanship and the materials just dont give me that condo standard at least when compared to those showflats.

Quote Originally Posted by Leann
    Hi Mukiman,

Im actually keen on this project. Just curious, how did u manage to see the interior as they have yet to TOP.
    Owners already give the num keys to the agents. The only thing good about the project is the location. I really think the finishing should have been better. Plus there is no shower head for the master bathroom!!!

The owners were asking for more than S$750 psf for all units on sale there. Up to individuals to think if it is worth it.

Passed by this acacias recently.

Surrounding environment very nice and quiet, but the development itself wah damn CASTROPHOBIC!! Very cramped and very tight feeling it gives me....

The pool is like side by side with some of the units, machiam like from your balcony u can just jump into the pool type!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mezz72sg
    Passed by this acacias recently.

Surrounding environment very nice and quiet, but the development itself wah damn CASTROPHOBIC!! Very cramped and very tight feeling it gives me....

The pool is like side by side with some of the units, machiam like from your balcony u can just jump into the pool type!
    Personally I agree. But I guess owners who had gone to the showflat and recce the surrounding must have taken this into consideration and were not bothered by it. Btw, saw this house with OPEN HOUSE signage along Sommerville Rd...quite class with own swimming pool

I took a look the penthouse unit here a few weeks ago. IMO the layout is horrible. The kitchen is tiny and the upstairs bedroom + study is a joke.

If you like balconies then maybe you will like this unit, but I feel that it's just tons of wasted space. If I remember correctly there were 2 balconies downstairs and one upstairs (all quite sizeable).

The search continues...

i went to have a look and liked what i saw..the only thing was the price.. not too nice..

there is this 3br (1249 or something sqft) i was eying at. The agent said the owner only wants to let go at 895k. After we left, the agent called us saying the owner is willing to let go at valuation - 840k. Abit too steep for my liking..... so i offered 800k.

we'll see if owner will agreee...

I have seen units over at Acacias during my property hunt.

very bad finished, the common pool is a joke, basement car park is messed up, the unit we looked at has very small living room and almost not enough space to put a decent dining table ...

that is just my 2cents worth ... they want to sell the penthouse for 1M

Went to see this place - quite decent location but a bit claustrophobic like what others mentioned. The downside is the balcony is too huge and takes up the usable / livable space, making the rooms extremely small.

Some owners bought a high val so a bit difficult to move i gathered. Early buyers got cheaper so can let go at better pricing, but kills those who bought late from developer. So far asking close to 900k and some above that. Hmm.... looks like need to look elsewhere as val is not compelling

i am interested in this property. Have called a few agents asking for the indicative price. All around 730 psf for 3 bedroom apt (1250 sq ft).
    Is this a fair amount? or can negotiate somemore?

Going to view apt soon. Anyone know how is their finishing quality?

I also dont live in this area but heard that there are mrts, shopping centre coming up. So value will appreciate? or am i too optimistic?

thanks anyone for their comments and opinion.