Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

Makelele Guest

Default The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

I don't really like this area, but this building is a marvel. Love it or hate it, this would be worth more than $2,500 psf if located in Holland Rd or Marina Bay!

Default Re: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

agreed. the building architecture is unique. i went to see the completed units. main complain is the noise level as it is very close to the main road (upper bukit timah rd). price is quite reasonable. i think only abt 600 psf or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeira
    i went to see the completed units. main complain is the noise level as it is very close to the main road (upper bukit timah rd). price is quite reasonable. i think only abt 600 psf or less.
    Is the showflat still available for viewing??

Quote Originally Posted by jrdl
    Is the showflat still available for viewing??
    yes. u can actually view the particular unit that u want to buy, as the project has just been completed.

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Re: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

goodness...it's so close to the road that everyone can look into your apartment. Noise level is also very high. The traffic is bad there.

Unregistered Guest

have you tried standing at the clubhouse behind the pool and look out to the open main road? Was there for 5 min and i got a headache!

Unregistered Guest

ko Guest

Default The Linear condo by Amara versus Espa condo by Soilbuild

Hello,

I am contemplating getting either the back facing linear unit (high floor) versus a Espa unit , which has more value ?

Linear is located within walking distance to the Bt Panjang MRT which is the start of Bukit Timah line. Price wise, it is about 560 psf, whereas for Espa, it is going for more than 600 psf. a 3 bedroom unit in Espa would cost about 800K, versus a 3 bedroom at Linear about 700k.

Is linear worth the price of 730K for a 5th floor back facing unit ?

espa for me Guest

Default Re: The Linear condo by Amara versus Espa condo by Soilbuild

Espa location is very tranquil.

Linear location is by the main road and very very noisy.

But for convenience, of course Linear is nearer to public transport like MRT, buses, and taxis.

ko Guest

linear has back facing units, not the road facing ones.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ko
    linear has back facing units, not the road facing ones.
    If i am not wrong, the back facing units face the long kang. Will the URA be sprucing this long kang up as part of their Waterbodies Scheme? Unlikely.

Unregistered Guest

How do their facilities compare? I have been to linear and not impressed at all with its facilities. Not seen Espa so can't comment.

track record Guest

Hello all.

There is a reason why until today, The Linear still can't sell its units. If a condo cannot sell its units in a scorching hot property market, then you know something is really really wrong with it.

Amara Holdings. What is its track record? Besides Amara Hotel, that is.

Soilbuild, on the other hand, is a developer with a proven track record. No doubt they are relatively new compared to the like of CDL, Far East, UOL and Capitaland, but their past projects haven't disappointed. I believe Soilbuild, is a developer with past construction experience. No wonder their developments have all been of fairly sturdy quality. Check out Pinnacle 16 and Mandale Heights. May not be luxuriously posh like St Regis, but still very good quality for the price buyers paid. Value for money is the word.

I doubt all these new players like Popular Holdings and Lee Hwa in property development know exactly what they are doing. To me, they are just riding on the bandwagon and making money while it is hot. It takes a company with long history of involvement in construction and / or development to make a good condo.

Unregistered Guest

Both developments are quite similar in terms of size, facilities, location and developer. Both projects are developed by small niche developers (relative to CDL, FEO, etc). Condo facilities are obviously not the selling point for these 2 projects, and that is probably one reason Linear is not sold out and Espa is still on soft launch since FEB/MAR. Anyway, projects in such areas close to northwest region HDB estates will never sell out like hot cakes during the 1996 boom anymore, at least not until the HDB market recovers... so not surprising that projects like the Linear or Yew Tee Residences are not sold out.

The worth of a unit ultimately depends on your own needs and valuation of of these needs or condo features.

Espa:
    - I doubt that the Espa location is tranquil. Location is the same, if not worse that the Linear, since the Espa is just by a T-junction and facing a main road also.
    - All 3-bedroom units in blk 12 have to face the main road (no choice here, given the longish layout plan which has missing corners - bad for fengshui)
    - Facilities may be slightly better than Linear with a marginally bigger pool.
    - Rear facing completely blocked by Assumption VI & English School which is on a higher elevation I believe.
    - further away from MRT/LRT and bus interchange

Linear:
    - front-facing may be noisy at times, but at least you have a choice of front or back-facing units. Back-facing units are not completely blocked out at short distance, especially those further away from Maysprings.
    - Interior layout plan is much better than Espa with a regular layout shape.
    - brand-name Kenzo Tange architect and interior fittings design by Hirsch Bedner Associates
    - MRT/LRT just beside
    - Quality of interior fittings is very good, especially for master bedroom, walk-in closet and bathroom.

MGM Grand Guest

My 2 cents....

Both are bad buys!!! You are better off with Cahew heights.

Linear is a terrible development. Front is facing noisy main road and afternoon sun is terrible. All glass creates green house effect. Back unit faces school and long kang.... you will waking up to the school's 7am Majulah Singapura. (I know because my nephews are staying in a rented unit there).

Espa is overpriced. Not much better since it faces assumption school.
    For the price, there are plenty of much better options. I was there at pre-launch, they offered special discounts and full choice of units.... didn't even consider...prices have gone up since....not worth it!

Unregistered Guest

Hello all

Thanks for your feedback.

Was told by Ivy Lee agents that the govt has plans to landscape the canal at the back. Yes, the noise from the school is one of the reasons why I am hesistant in getting Linear. What I like about the Linear is the interior - the layout is the best I've seen , no wastage of space, and the master bathroom has built in wardrobes, in addition to the wardrobes in the master bedrooms.

What I like about Espa - private lift lobby that is right at your door step, less noise compared to Linear .. and what I dislike about Espa - the 3 bedroom master bedroom has no bath tubs (only the 3 + study or 4 bedrooms has a bath tub) , all the bedrooms doesn't come with built in wardrobes/cabinets,
    the masterbedroom is next to the bomb shelter, and the other 2 bedrooms are far away from the masterbedroom ( not ideal if you have young children and want to keep a close eye) separated by the kitchen and living room. All these above are what I saw in the showroom, for a 3 bedroom layout, this is the only layout, unless I get a 3+study or 4 bedroom, which goes anything above 860K.

Also, the Knight Frank agent who is marketing Espa told me that the future MRT will be at Chestnut drive, I wonder if that is true.

Out of the 78 units in Espa, 33 units were taken up by the developer before it was launched. Think it was for the church since this was the church land.

Unregistered Guest

You can't really believe all that the agents told you but you can check for yourself some concerns of yours below.

Most of canal beautification plans are for downtown areas such as Kallang, unlikely that much would be done for outlying areas near Linear. School noise IMHO is a small issue compared to rail/MRT trains noise all day for example, beyond the 5-10mins in the morning weekdays. You can probably can check for yourself the noise level acceptable to you during weekday school days.

Espa: do you have to pay for the electricity bill for the private lift? Yes, agree that the layout plan and ID is much to be desired for Espa. No MRT for Chestnut Drive, agent is wrong here. It has already been announced publicly that there are 12 MRT stations from Bugis in the downtown line and the Chestnut drive earlier-speculated station is highly likely left out of the blue print. Population density is too low there in any case. See for yourself the revised stations (best educated guesses so far):
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_version3.png

Unregistered Guest

Are there any good buys in district 23 ? I need to be in this district because of school and my old folks.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Are there any good buys in district 23 ? I need to be in this district because of school and my old folks.
    Why don't you consider Hillview Regency; TOP in late 2005, by FEO, still have some 3 bedders left! Asking for S$608 psf onwards; price appears reasonable for a 99 yr private pty at that location!

1130 x 608 = S$700k average for a new 3 bedder!

cheers

Cool Re: The Linear condo by Amara versus Espa condo by Soilbuild

I donno about the espa, but for the linear......
    I got scared during my first visit there.
    Lucky that my brother bought a unit in cashew heights last year.
    Prices around there are stabilising upwards.

Unregistered Guest

Regarding hillview regency, i didn;t like the location as it has no amenities nearby and not within walking distance to the bt batok or gombak stations.

Unregistered Guest

I wouldn't touch any of FEO's projects, much less a 99LH one. Anyway, KO is probably only considering FH or 999LH ones such as Linear or Espa. Cashew Heights is a decent 999LH high-rise development, except for having way too many units and it's almost 10 years old by now.

ko Guest

Hi,

What are the issues with FEO ? Heard that their quality is bad , is that true ?

How about Hazel Park condo.

999 years, 696 units, completed in 2001, developed by Hong Leong Holdings.

It's near Fajar Sec.

All crap lah! Guest

Talking Re: The Linear condo by Amara versus Espa condo by Soilbuild

All these shit you all mention are crap. Prime area is the way, property investment is the game.

Unregistered Guest

My bad, I was referring to Hazel Park condo, rather than Cashew Heights below. FEO has a bad rep for shoddy workmanship and bad designs. You can drive around some FEO projects' multi-storey car-parks (no basement carpark) which have such narrow ramps and even worse designs than HDB-designed ones. Before you step into the showrooms, your car might even be wrecked or scratched by the side walls while maneuvering the car parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I wouldn't touch any of FEO's projects, much less a 99LH one. Anyway, KO is probably only considering FH or 999LH ones such as Linear or Espa. Cashew Heights is a decent 999LH high-rise development, except for having way too many units and it's almost 10 years old by now.

Unregistered Guest

You can start your investment game by cleansing your mouth which is chock-full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by All crap lah!
    All these shit you all mention are crap. Prime area is the way, property investment is the game.

MGM Grand Guest

FEO is the worst choice if you are buying second property. The Bayshore in East Coast.... FEO sold 12th floor and below, told buyers all sold out. They kept 13th floor upwards for rental. All who bought initially for investment died. Of course, now Costa (something) blocked off the view of initial buyers. Same is happening at Hillview Regency .... FEO, you will regret. Workmanship is getting better but no where near Centerpoint properties.....but better than Guocoland.

If you want something really nice in Hillview, Look at Merawoods and condos next to it.

ko Guest

Do you think SoilBuild will drop the price , nearer the TOP date ?

There's a row of landed property CASHEW HILLS, think the developer is FEO.
    Wonder how much psf.

Cashew Hills has been empty for MANY MANY years liao, ever since FEO bought it. Think it should be in the late 1990s. Up til now that plot of land is still empty.

The other terraces leading up to Chestnut Drive took a VERY long time to sell off. But it's a really nice and quiet place if you dont mind the lack of amenities within walking distance.