Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

There're sellers asking for $730+ PSF now....unrealistic?

Quote Originally Posted by screwby
    There're sellers asking for $730+ PSF now....unrealistic?
    its your choice.. as sellers... always try our luck to see if someone can make our day...

if you find the price too ex, don't bite..

Last Year April when We were at the show flats, the 1249sqft was asking at $650/pfsq with tenant approx 2 yrs .

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    its your choice.. as sellers... always try our luck to see if someone can make our day...

if you find the price too ex, don't bite..
    yep, going to view 2 - 3 units n counter offer.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDuck
    Last Year April when We were at the show flats, the 1249sqft was asking at $650/pfsq with tenant approx 2 yrs .
    recent transacted price was around 670+. perhaps e price is rising.

Not sure if this is good news or bad news to the owners here.

Business Times - 24 Feb 2010

Ten Mile Junction site draws robust bids

By EMILYN YAP (SINGAPORE) The first government land sale tender to close after measures were announced last Friday to cool the property market managed to draw some solid bids.
    A 99-year leasehold residential site at the junction of Choa Chu Kang and Woodlands roads - which houses Ten Mile Junction - drew a top bid of $164 million or $437 per sq ft per plot ratio (psf ppr).

Far East Organization unit Dollar Land Singapore topped seven rivals with this bid.
    Chip Eng Seng's CEL Development put in the second-highest bid of $148.3 million or $395 psf ppr.

The top two bids are not too far from market predictions in early January, even though the government has just introduced anti-speculation measures - a seller's stamp duty on residential property bought after Feb 19 and sold within a year, as well as a lower loan-to-value limit of 80 per cent for all private housing loans.
    The response to the latest government land tender 'suggests that some developers think the measures will not have a significant impact in the longer term', said Knight Frank chairman Tan Tiong Cheng.

Going by the tender results, Colliers International research and advisory director Tay Huey Ying said some developers are 'realistically bullish' and there is still confidence in the mass-market sector.

Still, consultants point out that competition for land seems to have eased from a few months back. Ms Tay noted that bids for sites in the second half of last year were usually much higher than expected.

Jones Lang LaSalle South-east Asia research head Chua Yang Liang noted that there was just a 10 per cent gap between the top and second bids this time around. The gap can be as large as 20-30 per cent when the market is hot, he said.
    Other participants in the tender that closed yesterday included Sim Lian Group and a tie-up between Frasers Centrepoint and NTUC FairPrice Co-operative. The lowest bid came from Soilbuild Group, at $71.2 million or $190 psf ppr.
    The 1.56-hectare site is occupied by the three-storey Ten Mile Junction. The first two levels comprise commercial space with a gross floor area (GFA) of 121,191 sq ft, while the third houses an LRT station.

The winning developer will gain control of the commercial component. It can also build a residential development with a GFA of 254,394 sq ft on top of Ten Mile Junction. The residential project could yield some 200 apartments.
    Going by consultants' estimates, the average selling price of the residential units could range from $700-$850 psf.

At the 99-year leasehold Mi Casa nearby, launched last year, three caveats were lodged for transactions at $658-$731 psf in January and February.

Copyright © 2010 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.

Ok, tat's going to encourage an increase in the asking price....anyway, viewed quite a no. of units. Only units facing inside are worth considering. Price is not right, so will just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by William Ng
    Hi Mezzy,

How do you settle your problems easily? Pls share...
    I got to know one retired plumber who was able to solve the leaking problem pretty easily. Hope you have solved your problems by now. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mezzy
    I got to know one retired plumber who was able to solve the leaking problem pretty easily. Hope you have solved your problems by now. Best of luck!
    Hi Mezzy,

I mean how do you resolve the toilet choked problem? Any idea how yours was resolved?

Have not resolved mine as currently hardly use common toilet. but tot of get it resolved if it is easy and not too expensive. thanks.

This seems to be a popular tread. So I thought to add to it too.
    The place is really impressive. If the price is lower, lower now like few months ago, all the PCN factors can be worked on. Afterall, I love the design of the building. Just facing the wrong direction.

I'm interested in buying one unit in Linear.
    Anyone interested to sell to me ? You can waive off agent fee.
    email me at [email protected]

If you are not a fan of recreational facilities then it's OK as the apartments are reasonably sized.
    But if you want condo facilities then they fall short - the swimming pool is super congested and really small.

Any Linear owner here?

Quote Originally Posted by stevehdb
    Any Linear owner here?
    wreckwrx and others.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehdb
    Any Linear owner here?
    Wow... This thread is still alive. But it's been ages since I logged on.

Yupz, I m a Linear Owner and I received your PM. But nope, I m not looking to sell. Maybe I can help u ask my neighbors and see if anyone is intending to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by William Ng
    Hi Mezzy,

I mean how do you resolve the toilet choked problem? Any idea how yours was resolved?

Have not resolved mine as currently hardly use common toilet. but tot of get it resolved if it is easy and not too expensive. thanks.
    same here..... Too lazy to sort out the common toilet as I hardly use it too... But at some point I should get it resloved in case I have guests staying over.

Quote Originally Posted by ipspassion
    This seems to be a popular tread. So I thought to add to it too.
    The place is really impressive. If the price is lower, lower now like few months ago, all the PCN factors can be worked on. Afterall, I love the design of the building. Just facing the wrong direction.
    The entire place is like a war zone now due to the DTL2 construction but I have to say the developer did a great job at sound proofing (nice thick walls I guess) coz I could hardly hear the construction work going on when I m in my unit.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwrx
    Wow... This thread is still alive. But it's been ages since I logged on.

Yupz, I m a Linear Owner and I received your PM. But nope, I m not looking to sell. Maybe I can help u ask my neighbors and see if anyone is intending to let go.
    Yup, welcome back.

Steve... these are current agents doing the marketing. Call them up one by one and get the leads you need.

S.H. FONG 90015683
    Toh Cheng Soon 96918465
    ALAN SIM 90295555
    MARC 97358412
    JOEY LIM 91187140
    Lisa Kam 90273537
    ROYSTON ANG 90701624
    WIKY KONG 94384000
    JORGE LAU 90909299
    BEE GEORGE 91785806

Asking prices in the range of above $700 psf... but never try never know, got it?

Hi Condorich,
    Thank you for your help.
    Actually... I prefer to deal with owner personally...
    Well personal preference

Hi wreckwrx,
    Thanks for asking around for me.
    I chose "the Linear" cos I'm interested to enroll my child in
    PJ Pri School. and Linear is within 1Km of the school

Hi Steve,

Got ur PM too, sorry, but not thinking of selling at the moment.

Greetings fellow, er...., Linear-ites(?) Any idea whether the MRT tunnel will be go through directly under our building, or under the main road? Reason why I am asking is the I was at AMK hub once, can actually feel tremors whenever the MRT train come into the station!

Any idea if there will be a MRT exit next to the Esso station? Once DTL2 gets up and running, I will seriously consider giving up my ride, cos it's one straight ride to my workplace! Can even catch up on my zzzz on the train, a luxury lost since started driving!

Wreckwrx: tot I saw u once or twice around the estate near the long kang, u have a Ginormous dog that's almost the size of a pony?

Good luck to you house hunting Steve, it's a nice cozy place to live here, and will be better with the DTL2 completion. Cheers!

PS: Toilet choked problem cost me $200 for plumber, but he did a fantastic job. You should see the size of the cement blocks/pebbles he dig out from the commode, all thanks to the %&$&^ worker during construction...

Hi

Being ages since I last logged in. If I remembered correctly, the plumber removed something and told me %%% about the workmanship... Other than that, Linear is an excellant place to stay, especially if you got a unit facing the quiet side. Cannot bear to sell my unit too..

Hi Owners staying in:

Had not drove pass for quite some time and last week by chance got to pass by and saw major civil works outside the mainroad and hardly see the main entrance. Are you guys affected by the constuctions...? Must be very noisy and a lot of disruption..dusty..??

Hope that it can complete most major work by Oct when my family moves in... see u guys around

Quote Originally Posted by ET68
    Hi Owners staying in:

Had not drove pass for quite some time and last week by chance got to pass by and saw major civil works outside the mainroad and hardly see the main entrance. Are you guys affected by the constuctions...? Must be very noisy and a lot of disruption..dusty..??

Hope that it can complete most major work by Oct when my family moves in... see u guys around
    You can't be serious when you talked about major work being completed by Oct 2010. Attended a recent briefing by LTA/Lum Chang. Civil work expected to last till 2013 before some normalcy returns to stretch of Upper Bukit Timah road fronting The Linear.

I went to my friend's place quite often. His is ones of those facing
    the main road.

My observations:
    1. Car park is narrow where the pillar is close to the wall making right
    turn a little tricky.
    2. Lift landing outside his unit Is extremely warm. It is like standing in the middle of a furnace.
    3. Unit has alot of unused balcony.
    4. Extreme road noise from trucks, motorcycles, Malaysian vehicles. Now with the construction is even worse.
    5. My friend sold his unit because the noise level was too extreme even at night. The construction eventually made him decided to move out.
    6. The sliding glass doors have to be shut all the time to mute the noise polution but noise is still loud.
    7. Without construction, his place is covered with dirt and dust everyday. With construction, it becomes a lot worse.
    8. The units facing the main road has direct sun. It feel like a furnace inside his house (even when aircon is turned on).

Only those units facing the school will have peace and quiet. Only hope the
    rain will not flood the long kang. Stench is common.

Please do not blast me. This is only my honest opinion.

Default The Linear in BP

Just thinking out loud: Any insights to why The Linear (Bukit Panjang) is so cheap? at 800+psf for 999 yr leasehold, sounds too good to be true!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Too far away and too ulu?
    Besides LRT track, too noisy and no privacy with lots of people passing by and peeping into your house?
    Heavy trucks and lorries passing by everyday 24 hours a day?
    Bad fengshui?
    What else?

Quote Originally Posted by motoway View Post
    Just thinking out loud: Any insights to why The Linear (Bukit Panjang) is so cheap? at 800+psf for 999 yr leasehold, sounds too good to be true!

Another classic one from Teddybear: after 999 years the value will drop to zero!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Too far away and too ulu?
    Besides LRT track, too noisy and no privacy with lots of people passing by and peeping into your house?
    Heavy trucks and lorries passing by everyday 24 hours a day?
    Bad fengshui?
    What else?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

i very nice design ... wrong location ...

MBS is a huge replica of Linear .... dont you think so ?

Fengshui or not.. i duno.. but it is 5 mins away from Bukit Panjang DT line.. cant be so bad.. or not?

Just look at the strip of land that the linear sits on and you understand why this project is so cheap. The land is ridiculously narrow and just in front of it is a longkang. If you live in a block without a gym, you need to take a lift to the ground floor, walk along a narrow path to another block and take the lift to the 4th level where the gym is. The pool is also super tiny, I would call it a dipping pool.