Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

Not that bad. Guest

Used to think Linear look ugly and like a factory and after seeing those apartments in Telok Kurau - Linear not so bad after all. Those apartments in Telok Kuraa really CMI - small pool and no facility and the worst possible finishing you can imagine. All look the same like factory. So Linear is not the worst I think.

Unregistered333 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Not that bad.
    Used to think Linear look ugly and like a factory and after seeing those apartments in Telok Kurau - Linear not so bad after all. Those apartments in Telok Kuraa really CMI - small pool and no facility and the worst possible finishing you can imagine. All look the same like factory. So Linear is not the worst I think.
    Agreed with what you said, somehow still better than those smaller apartments. Any idea how much are they asking now.

Very cheap Guest

I saw a very low transacted price at URA. You go see yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered333
    Agreed with what you said, somehow still better than those smaller apartments. Any idea how much are they asking now.

Sure Anot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Not that bad.
    I wouldn't compare Linear to Telo Kurau if I were u.

Just judging at the proximity to town, Telo Kurau already wins hands down.

Then look at the facilities and amenities "beyond your apartment" - Telok Kurau has nice eateries, big shopping malls, library, renowned schools and famous recreational east coast beach nearby. It is a class on its own though filled with small developments with limited facilities within the apt itself.

It is much more liveable place than Linear which is "ulu" and subsceptible to noise and air pollutions.

Linear is definitely not the worst, but it is no better than Telok Kurau. It scores in its architectural design, but unless u r a retiree or housewife who spends most of your time in the apt, then I guess Linear works well for u better.

Linear or not? Guest

Well, to each his own. I think the back of Linear may not be too polluted. It is also nearer the latest happening places in Upper Bukit Timah, Rail Mall, Upper Bukit Timah, Chu Lin, eateries etc and near nature reserves - which is more natural than the reclaimed and rather polluted East Coast beach. And which big shopping mall is near Telok Kurau? Pls don't name me Parkway Parade.... I think there are more good schools in Bukit Timah than East Coast bah. So I guess to each his own Linear is not the best, but neither is it the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Sure Anot
    I wouldn't compare Linear to Telo Kurau if I were u.

Just judging at the proximity to town, Telo Kurau already wins hands down.

Then look at the facilities and amenities "beyond your apartment" - Telok Kurau has nice eateries, big shopping malls, library, renowned schools and famous recreational east coast beach nearby. It is a class on its own though filled with small developments with limited facilities within the apt itself.

It is much more liveable place than Linear which is "ulu" and subsceptible to noise and air pollutions.

Linear is definitely not the worst, but it is no better than Telok Kurau. It scores in its architectural design, but unless u r a retiree or housewife who spends most of your time in the apt, then I guess Linear works well for u better.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Linear or not?
    Well, to each his own. I think the back of Linear may not be too polluted. It is also nearer the latest happening places in Upper Bukit Timah, Rail Mall, Upper Bukit Timah, Chu Lin, eateries etc and near nature reserves - which is more natural than the reclaimed and rather polluted East Coast beach. And which big shopping mall is near Telok Kurau? Pls don't name me Parkway Parade.... I think there are more good schools in Bukit Timah than East Coast bah. So I guess to each his own Linear is not the best, but neither is it the worst.
    will linear have any MRT near to it now that there are so many new MRTs coming up in bukit timah?

Unregisteredsss Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    will linear have any MRT near to it now that there are so many new MRTs coming up in bukit timah?
    can walk 10 mins to the cashew mrt at assumption english school

Undervalued properties Guest

Can go Hillview if you're particular about MRT. One station before Cashew and prices are okay. Hope sellers will not ask for more with the MRT announcements. The condos there are of good build quality with full condo facilities. One thing I like about Hillview is all the condos there have different designs, colour and architecture - it's refreshing as compared to the cookie cutter boring industrial glass look now. Linear is only apartment status right?

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Undervalued properties
    Can go Hillview if you're particular about MRT. One station before Cashew and prices are okay. Hope sellers will not ask for more with the MRT announcements. The condos there are of good build quality with full condo facilities. One thing I like about Hillview is all the condos there have different designs, colour and architecture - it's refreshing as compared to the cookie cutter boring industrial glass look now. Linear is only apartment status right?
    thanks for the info. actually just wondering if linear residents will benefit from the new MRT stations added. agree that condos in hillview are different. the only thing is accessibility. however, with more MRT stations, this area looks more promising now.

Unregisteredzzz Guest

thanks for the info. actually just wondering if linear residents will benefit from the new MRT stations added. agree that condos in hillview are different. the only thing is accessibility. however, with more MRT stations, this area looks more promising now.
    Ture, any idea how much linear cost for a 3 bedroom

seeking Guest

Red face Hillview regency

Hey all. Is that bad for hillview, went to see now the view for the bt timah and city view on 24th floor really not bad! I think still can pay for the view!

Golf lover Guest

I wouldn't consider HV Regency. No underground carpark which is important esp when it rains so often in SG. Also 99 LH with no chance of MRT EVER. Near HDB means a lot of gatecrashers. Try to buy those freehold ones nearer the Upper Bukit Timah side, more exclusive and near to future Hillview MRT station. Most Hillview condos have great views with low plot ratios which means the condos are not so crowded. Hillview Regency is actually not along Hilview. It's located at Bukit Batok East Ave 2.

Quote Originally Posted by seeking
    Hey all. Is that bad for hillview, went to see now the view for the bt timah and city view on 24th floor really not bad! I think still can pay for the view!

Old folks Guest

You mean Glendale Park? It is a JV between Capital Land and FEO. V good marble flooring. For your old folks, can consider Glendale Park because got daily free shuttle bus to Bt Batok - half hourly. Confirm Hillview MRT just behind the condo. Can also walk to Rail Mall for groceries. Quiet and surrounded by nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by ko
    I just checked the website that cashew hill is asking for 1.6M up., definitely not within my budget.

Hillview area is nice tranquil area, however, transport and amenities are an issue especially for my old folks. I know there are 2 launces by FEO in hillview area if I recalled correctly - hillvista and glensprings.

I have went round looking at second hand resale condos in that district, such as northvale penthouse (asking 710K), the Jade (asking between 750-800K), the Madeira ( 650K up for high floors), and the Warren (650k up for high floors).

Unregistered9 Guest

Default interesting

thanks

the pricing is quite okay considering around 760 upwards for 20 stories u think it is good

if not wat do u recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Golf lover
    I wouldn't consider HV Regency. No underground carpark which is important esp when it rains so often in SG. Also 99 LH with no chance of MRT EVER. Near HDB means a lot of gatecrashers. Try to buy those freehold ones nearer the Upper Bukit Timah side, more exclusive and near to future Hillview MRT station. Most Hillview condos have great views with low plot ratios which means the condos are not so crowded. Hillview Regency is actually not along Hilview. It's located at Bukit Batok East Ave 2.

Your choice Guest

It's up to you really. You like very dense development >1000 units issit? The freehold Hillview and Bt Timah condos are low and mid density ones with low plot ratios and strict height limits. Most of the condos along Hillview and Bt Timah to not exceed 10 floors. Having said that, it means that there're less units in a development which makes it more exclusive than dense developments like Hillview Regency (Bt Batok is hi density housing). It also means every unit owns more land which translate to higher consideration in times of enbloc. I would recommend those freehold condos along Hillview that is within walking distance to the future Hillview MRT station near Salvation Army. Upside potential is there, if you intend to stay for more than 6 years. Hillview Regency is more a HDB upgrader type of condo surrounded by HDB, and has its own cham but problems as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered9
    thanks

the pricing is quite okay considering around 760 upwards for 20 stories u think it is good

if not wat do u recommend?

Unregistered9 Guest

Default thnks

thnaks for the reply i think i like the view of the city and BT hill probably will give a shot first .. high floors 800 + per square foot and quite magnificient view..

Sure Anot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Linear or not?
    Yes, to each his own, but I can bet u prices in Telok Kurau will appreciate more than Linear and I can also bet you out of 10 people, more will choose Telok Kurau than Linear. Swallow ur pride and face the truth. No one's gonna blame u for the wrong choice.

See buildings Guest

Like to see buildings issit? then u should move to areas close to city. Bt Timah/holland and Hillview probably not for you due to low plot ratio. Can try resale Balestier Geylang area. Sure can see lots of buildings. Hillview Regency IMHO is one of the worst HDB upgrader condo, with thefts, carpark disputes etc.

thnaks for the reply i think i like the view of the city and BT hill probably will give a shot first .. high floors 800 + per square foot and quite magnificient view..

Unregistered9 Guest

Default serious?

wow u mentioned thefts ; what do u mean breakins? i thought there are security guards.... my goodness i almost sign , wat are the carpark disputes? can help to elaborate .. maybe i should rethink the whole plc!

Problems Guest

Happy just buy! No breakins. Just that unlike some of the FH condos in Hillview where you can leave your branded shoes at the corridor and no one will steal, you cannot do so at Hillview Regency as there're theives who steal shoes in this condo. Also lift always got urine, until they have install CCTV cameras in the lift - HDB related problems. And no underground car park. There is limited covered car park under the building. So everyone try to jostle to get those limited car park. Nobody likes to park in the open air or visitor car park further out. If you're a driver, you'll know why. But if you can overlook these things, just buy lah. Not easy to find your dream home.

wow u mentioned thefts ; what do u mean breakins? i thought there are security guards.... my goodness i almost sign , wat are the carpark disputes? can help to elaborate .. maybe i should rethink the whole plc!

Unregistered9 Guest

Default i see

Oh seems like there is corrective action done hope there is no more such issues, i do find the interior very old and basically not gd solid quality seems the gd thing about HW is the view but just realised it is not BT hill but is bukit batok park that it is facing sign!

Wait Guest

Yes, to each his own, but I can bet u prices in Telok Kurau will appreciate more than Linear and I can also bet you out of 10 people, more will choose Telok Kurau than Linear. Swallow ur pride and face the truth. No one's gonna blame u for the wrong choice.
    right or wrong choice remains to be seen.

Rubbish Guest

Any sentence that comes after "I bet" is usually rubbish. It only means you have no facts to support your claims. You stay in Telok Kurau? Why are you speaking like that? What a loser mentality.

ggg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbish
    Any sentence that comes after "I bet" is usually rubbish. It only means you have no facts to support your claims. You stay in Telok Kurau? Why are you speaking like that? What a loser mentality.
    yeah, just like never trust anyone who says "Trust me on this",
    and any one who says "Friendship" more than twice in a short conversation is not a good friend.!

Linear resident Guest

Wink No good news

I'm a resident in Linear...dun think I can sell my place for the next 7 yrs at least!

Situation may only improve after Petir (tentative name) MRT is built, which is abt 150 m diagonally opp, near the Indian temple.

Only good thing was the price was low when I bought it in Sep 2006 (massive discount from the developer)

Other than these, everything said abt the condo is true, looks like flatted factory, face the western sun, too near the road...the typical S'porean will not take to....(I'm one of them!). They remain as minor inconveniences, not big problems.

But compared to living in Woodlands (my former residence), travelling to any parts of Singapore is so much easier and best of all, near my parents and parents-in-law....so I guess one man's poison is another's medicine!

The design of the building, in the long run, will stand to the test of time (timeless design, low maintenance, very few walls to paint wat!)

In short, think long term and things r'nt so bad as many think.

passer-by Guest

as compared to woodlands, linear is definitely much better. every place has its own appeal. with the mrt coming up, the value of linear is also certain to increase.

Unregisteredthg Guest

Don't reproach yourself like that. If you bought it at a good bargain, then it is a good buy. I do not personally like the location, but given time, it should come up. I think you guys should petition for the coffeeshops just beside to be removed as it is an utter eyesore.

Quote Originally Posted by Linear resident
    I'm a resident in Linear...dun think I can sell my place for the next 7 yrs at least!

Situation may only improve after Petir (tentative name) MRT is built, which is abt 150 m diagonally opp, near the Indian temple.

Only good thing was the price was low when I bought it in Sep 2006 (massive discount from the developer)

Other than these, everything said abt the condo is true, looks like flatted factory, face the western sun, too near the road...the typical S'porean will not take to....(I'm one of them!). They remain as minor inconveniences, not big problems.

But compared to living in Woodlands (my former residence), travelling to any parts of Singapore is so much easier and best of all, near my parents and parents-in-law....so I guess one man's poison is another's medicine!

The design of the building, in the long run, will stand to the test of time (timeless design, low maintenance, very few walls to paint wat!)

In short, think long term and things r'nt so bad as many think.

The Linear still has 71 units unsold! This is incredible.

I think the developer should try to give a 10% Christmas promotion to move some units at 500psf.

The design quite cool.

Default linear on sale at around 500psf

saw the weekend adveristment, going for 500psf.

Wonder wat is the real launch price with discount ? been sitting for long time since last launched.

As it is either east or west facing, I wonder if there is any wind. Do you have to on your aircon and fan most of time ?

Does the Secondary school behind post any problem with noise if u face the canal side ?

Thanks

Linear was somewhat like a new project BUT fall under the cage of the old development boundary.

Before Linear, it was a row of pre and post-war 2 storeys shophouses. Thus the shape and size of Linear takes the form of those shophouses, i.e. a long rectangular building. You can't do much changes unless you can request the authority to re-align the big CANAL or the BIG NOISY TRUNK ROAD! which of cos is IMPOSSIBLE.

So LIVE WITH IT for those who are in Linear. For those who intend to buy, THINK TWICE before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by flying bear
    saw the weekend adveristment, going for 500psf.

Wonder wat is the real launch price with discount ? been sitting for long time since last launched.

As it is either east or west facing, I wonder if there is any wind. Do you have to on your aircon and fan most of time ?

Does the Secondary school behind post any problem with noise if u face the canal side ?

Thanks