Thread: Studio 3 (D10, Freehold, Fortune Developments)

studio3 Guest

Default Studio 3 (D10, Freehold, Fortune Developments)

Me and fiancee just bought a unit here and are planning to stay in it. We got it at a reasonable price (below $900 psf), and the place is quite new, only 2+ years old. Behind us is the Capitaland en bloc project Dragon View Park, we think it will cause the prices around this area to increase, as well as make this area more high end. If it doesn't, oh well no loss as how far can prices here drop to?

One Jervois was selling from $1,100 psf to $1,300 psf so this area should also be around there.

Already there are improvements in this area, with the European butchery and Liquid Kitchen. Now, just waiting for Boon Tong Kee and all those eateries to leave. And I hope those old and ugly low rise apartments in front of River Valley Rd will be demolished.

Still doing up the apartment, will post some pictures when it is done. Cheers!

i say! Guest

Default Re: Studio 3 (D10, Freehold, Fortune Developments)

Hello studio 3. Congratulations! Gong xi gong xi. ya, i also think this area will improve. no reason not to, as it is near Great World city and Orchard. even valley park condo near by has increase price even tho it is old. Valley Park is still very popular with expats. This area i remember used to have a shop selling lights called crystal palace. Maybe next time become high class area?

Quote Originally Posted by studio3
    Me and fiancee just bought a unit here and are planning to stay in it. We got it at a reasonable price (below $900 psf), and the place is quite new, only 2+ years old. Behind us is the Capitaland en bloc project Dragon View Park, we think it will cause the prices around this area to increase, as well as make this area more high end. If it doesn't, oh well no loss as how far can prices here drop to?

One Jervois was selling from $1,100 psf to $1,300 psf so this area should also be around there.

Already there are improvements in this area, with the European butchery and Liquid Kitchen. Now, just waiting for Boon Tong Kee and all those eateries to leave. And I hope those old and ugly low rise apartments in front of River Valley Rd will be demolished.

Still doing up the apartment, will post some pictures when it is done. Cheers!

studio3 Guest

Thanks! Yes we see the potential for this area as well. But we also bought it because it was inexpensive and near town. We had not many choices on our budget.

Makelele Guest

Hi studio3, congrats on your purchase. I agree that this is location is not bad but something has to be done about the small roads and illegal parking there! Inconsiderate road users and patrons of the eating places there often park their cars along the road, on the zig zag lines no less, causing traffic jams. The LTA should do something about the narrow roads at Kay Poh, Kellock, Mutiara, Shanghai, and Nathan. Either widen them or impose heavy fines on inconsiderate motorists.

studio3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Makelele
    Hi studio3, congrats on your purchase. I agree that this is location is not bad but something has to be done about the small roads and illegal parking there! Inconsiderate road users and patrons of the eating places there often park their cars along the road, on the zig zag lines no less, causing traffic jams. The LTA should do something about the narrow roads at Kay Poh, Kellock, Mutiara, Shanghai, and Nathan. Either widen them or impose heavy fines on inconsiderate motorists.
    Heya Makelele, thanks! So far it hasn't been a problem for us. Traffic jams are part and parcel of city living I guess. But nothing beats the 6 o'clock Bukit Timah Road jam!
    Last edited by studio3; 07-02-07 at 23:58.

studio3 Guest

mutiara Guest

Prices in this area will see a terrific upswing with the recent enblocking of Nathan Ville and launch of CapitaLand's new condo. The clue to the new price in this part of River Valley will be CapitaLand's impending launch of their Dragon View Park site, which will undoubtedly be the price setter in this area as it is the biggest in the area with full facilities. Everything here will be priced comparatively to CapitaLand's new launch.

Unregistered Guest

Congratulations on your purchase.

How would you compare Studio 3 with others in the area.. 2rvg and Shanghai One?

river valley Guest

In terms of prices, 2RVG is the most expensive, Studio 3 is second, and Shanghai One is the cheapest.

In terms of aesthetics and location:

- 2RVG sits prominently on River Valley Road, on the edge on Leonie Hill, and any high prices there are translated into high prices for 2RVG, because of spill over effect from new projects launched in Leonie Hill. Overlooking Yong An Park. Retains good view if Yong An Park stays. Bad news if Yong An Park en blocs and is replaced by yet another ubiquitous glass and steel tower so typical of 2007 Singapore. 2 thumbs up for architecture - Ong & Ong.

- Studio 3 is located right at the end of Shanghai Road, in a very tranquil environment under the towering auspices of Regency Park. However, there will be construction in the area coming shortly, as neighbours 38 and 48 Shanghai Road will be making way for a new (likely to be posh) condo. Not to mention the big Mutiara condo Capitaland will be building in place of Dragon View Park. 2 thumbs up for architecture - Suying Design.

- Shanghai One. Don't like the fact that it is situated so close to the main road, as well as the location right next to gas station and opposite crumbling old River Valley private apartment. Architecture is so-so, more functional than stylish, resembling those small developments in Telok Kurau or Farrer Park. Am not impressed. Not sure who the architect is. However, if this part of River Valley gets rejuvenated and prices boom, you will find that $1000 psf paid for Shanghai One now is a bargain.

studio3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Congratulations on your purchase.

How would you compare Studio 3 with others in the area.. 2rvg and Shanghai One?
    Thanks! Well before we bought Studio 3 we had looked at Shanghai One as well obviously, but we were concerned about some of the reasons the poster above had stated. Plus the fact that it wasn't ready yet, and is still not ready currently. In fact right now we have to contend with cement trucks and construction vehicles blocking the small road but that is a small price to pay for the location. Besides, many areas in Orchard and River Valley are turning into construction sites sooner or later because of the en blocs. For 2rvg, we decided that the built in area was too small plus layout not as good. Don't even have space for dining table.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by studio3
    nice building. how are the views?

How much will you all pay for a 2 bedroom penthouse in Studio 3? 1528sqft with around 400sqft of roof terrace i think

new high of
    $1,867 PSF IN APR 2013 FOR A 560-SQFT UNIT
    Ride at your own risk !!!