Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-Residences (D12, Freehold, Novelty)

Default I-Residences (D12, Freehold, Novelty)

iResidences (iR) @ 20 Irrawaddy Road

Tenure : Freehold TOP expected : 2011 2nd-3rd Q

1 Building of 28 Storeys High comprising of 70 Residential units

[2 BR / 3 BR / 3+1 & 4 BR PH]

Facilities : Pool, Gym, Jacuzzi & BBQ Area at the Attic Area.

(From only $890 - $1050 psf)

[CLICK HERE FOR FULL LAYOUT PLANS]

Special Payment Scheme : 5%+15% Downpayment & nothing till TOP with OCBC BANK Loan!!

Selling Points

1) Mins to Novena MRT ( 6-8 mins walk )
    2) Near Velocity & Novena Square 2
    3) Near TTSH & Novena Medical Centre up & coming Medi-Centre by Parkway
    4) High Rental Yield of above 5.5%!!!
    5) Iconic Building with High-End Finishes

Showflat Preview on coming Friday-Sunday (10am - 6pm) 14th No'08
    Via appointment only

(Call to avoid last min changes)

Regards,
    Brandon Huttons
    Hp: 9852 5624
    Email : [email protected]
    www.SGRE.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon-Huttons-9852 5624
    iResidences (iR) @ 20 Irrawaddy Road

Tenure : Freehold TOP expected : 2011 2nd-3rd Q

1 Building of 28 Storeys High comprising of 70 Residential units

[2 BR / 3 BR / 3+1 & 4 BR PH]

Facilities : Pool, Gym, Jacuzzi & BBQ Area at the Attic Area.

(From only $890 - $1050 psf)

Special Payment Scheme : 5%+15% Downpayment & nothing till TOP with OCBC BANK Loan!!

Selling Points

1) Mins to Novena MRT ( 6-8 mins walk )
    2) Near Velocity & Novena Square 2
    3) Near TTSH & Novena Medical Centre up & coming Medi-Centre by Parkway
    4) High Rental Yield of above 5.5%!!!
    5) Iconic Building with High-End Finishes

Showflat Preview on coming Friday-Sunday (10am - 6pm) 14th No'08
    Via appointment only
    (Call to avoid last min changes)

Regards,
    Brandon Huttons
    Hp: 9852 5624
    Email : [email protected]
    www.SGRE.com.sg
    hhhmmm... surprisingly no discussion on this property... anyone got any comment...

i went to the showroom and the location, seems very attractive.... only bad thing is the school next to it....

Not a bad development...several down sides though...traffic during rush hour is crazy..hard to get moving..

also erm...sometimes u get ladies (or ladyboys) walking along at night....

Proximity wise, its damn close to town, which is good...

one of the down side; no pub gas....

Went down to iR with wife. Good pricing at 900psf (Was told by this guy agent that can even write cheque to try for 850psf).

Anyway, let me share a bit of my personal view...

Good points:
    -Very big balcony! For those who enjoy chatting with family and friends on open area to enjoy the ambience and view, this is a big plus.
    -The common bedrooms quite spacious and can fit in two single beds/Queen size bed and yet still ample room to move around
    - The Masterbathroom is really huge and grand...majiam like Shangril-La!
    - Even the common bathroom is damn impressive with Marble finishing! Luxurious feel like those grand hotels.
    - Location wise near good eateries as it is near to Balestier road end.
    - Very near to City and Orchard area. With very close PIE and CTE access.
    - Near to Tan Tock Seng Hospital so if got accident or emergency can just rush to A&E within 5 minutes...haha (anyway, this is a pro and con...if say SARS similar case happen, the fear generated will disrupt the ambience and feel of the area.)
    - 8 to 10mins walk to Novena MRT! Damn good! Even got shelter walkway halfway from the project to Novena. Better location than Nova48 and Nova88 definitely.
    - Very close proximity to Square 2! My wife loves it!

Bad Points:
    - While it is indeed within walking distance to MRT, walking past Tan Tock Seng hospital Mortuary gives me the creep....especially at night.
    - 70 units and 70 parking lots. Parking wise is a real headache (1 lot per apartment in project). Relatives or friends will have to find time to park their cars outside this private property. Agent told us not an issue as not all unit holders will have cars thus will have adequate carpark lots for visitors. But if one can afford $800K to $1.3Mil, how come these people can't afford buy car? As a matter of fact, many will have more than 1 car. So agent must be joking with me.
    - While walking down Irrawaddy Rd to time distance to MRT, was stared at by Police officer on gate duty at Phoneix Park, Ministry of Home Affairs, as if I am a terrorist suspect.
    - The orientation of this project sucks. The East and West direction are where the Bay windows and balcony facing. It will be very hot in the day!
    - If want to drive to Novena Square or Square 2 to pick wife up, can not travel backwards on Irrawaddy as it is one way from point of iR residences.
    - Will need to travel to Balestier road and from there turn one big round back to the shopping mall and then back home @ iR (please pardon me if wrong and there's another secret shortcut somewhere)
    - There are too many planters in this project! Planters at Balcony, planters at Master bath, planters at common bath....so despite the 1300plus sqft for 3 bedrooms, the overall feel actually smaller as compared to say Nova48 and Nova88.
    - Despite the stupid planters everywhere, developer still want to charge high psf and refuses to waive stamp duties which is different from Roxy Homes package offered for Nova 48 and Nova 88.

never notice the mortue... interesting...

of the police, you can treat it as safety as in not many ppl can go thru there...

850psf is attractive as I went there almost 2 mths back, the agent said 880psf for 2nd top floor was rejected....

hope will go down further

My friend was paid $4.3m by the developer for his corner terrace and he is laughing all the way to the bank. Now it is the developer's turn to recoup his investment

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    My friend was paid $4.3m by the developer for his corner terrace and he is laughing all the way to the bank. Now it is the developer's turn to recoup his investment
    good for your friend... now he can buy 4-5 units.... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80

Near to Tan Tock Seng Hospital so if got accident or emergency can just rush to A&E within 5 minutes...haha (anyway, this is a pro and con...if say SARS similar case happen, the fear generated will disrupt the ambience and feel of the area.)
    this is one reason i dislike novena bcos of TTSH..
    call me paranoid but imo SARS part 2 is just a matter of time as world population keeps increasing in this age of superbugs & bacteria...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    this is one reason i dislike novena bcos of TTSH..
    call me paranoid but imo SARS part 2 is just a matter of time as world population keeps increasing in this age of superbugs & bacteria...
    It's ok what... buy that area, get SARS for free

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    It's ok what... buy that area, get SARS for free
    Jan is average 900psf.... going down more

Red face

Anyone know what's the % of unit sold at IResidence and Nova48? I only found 1 record in URA for IResidence and 3 records for NOVA48.
    Project NameStreet NameTypeNo. of UnitsPrice
    ($)Land/
    Floor Area (Sqft)Unit Price ($psf)Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement SignedIRESIDENCESIRRAWADDY ROADApartment1960,400980980Dec-08

Project NameStreet NameTypeNo. of UnitsPrice
    ($)Land/
    Floor Area (Sqft)Unit Price ($psf)Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement SignedNOVA 48PROME ROADApartment1750,000936801Feb-09NOVA 48PROME ROADApartment11,500,0001,948770Jan-09NOVA 48PROME ROADApartment1823,680936880Jan-09

heard if put in an offer 900psf, it likely to get thru...think shall drop further with this market sentiment...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Went down to iR with wife. Good pricing at 900psf (Was told by this guy agent that can even write cheque to try for 850psf).

Anyway, let me share a bit of my personal view...

Good points:
    -Very big balcony! For those who enjoy chatting with family and friends on open area to enjoy the ambience and view, this is a big plus.
    -The common bedrooms quite spacious and can fit in two single beds/Queen size bed and yet still ample room to move around
    - The Masterbathroom is really huge and grand...majiam like Shangril-La!
    - Even the common bathroom is damn impressive with Marble finishing! Luxurious feel like those grand hotels.
    - Location wise near good eateries as it is near to Balestier road end.
    - Very near to City and Orchard area. With very close PIE and CTE access.
    - Near to Tan Tock Seng Hospital so if got accident or emergency can just rush to A&E within 5 minutes...haha (anyway, this is a pro and con...if say SARS similar case happen, the fear generated will disrupt the ambience and feel of the area.)
    - 8 to 10mins walk to Novena MRT! Damn good! Even got shelter walkway halfway from the project to Novena. Better location than Nova48 and Nova88 definitely.
    - Very close proximity to Square 2! My wife loves it!

Bad Points:
    - While it is indeed within walking distance to MRT, walking past Tan Tock Seng hospital Mortuary gives me the creep....especially at night.
    - 70 units and 70 parking lots. Parking wise is a real headache (1 lot per apartment in project). Relatives or friends will have to find time to park their cars outside this private property. Agent told us not an issue as not all unit holders will have cars thus will have adequate carpark lots for visitors. But if one can afford $800K to $1.3Mil, how come these people can't afford buy car? As a matter of fact, many will have more than 1 car. So agent must be joking with me.
    - While walking down Irrawaddy Rd to time distance to MRT, was stared at by Police officer on gate duty at Phoneix Park, Ministry of Home Affairs, as if I am a terrorist suspect.
    - The orientation of this project sucks. The East and West direction are where the Bay windows and balcony facing. It will be very hot in the day!
    - If want to drive to Novena Square or Square 2 to pick wife up, can not travel backwards on Irrawaddy as it is one way from point of iR residences.
    - Will need to travel to Balestier road and from there turn one big round back to the shopping mall and then back home @ iR (please pardon me if wrong and there's another secret shortcut somewhere)
    - There are too many planters in this project! Planters at Balcony, planters at Master bath, planters at common bath....so despite the 1300plus sqft for 3 bedrooms, the overall feel actually smaller as compared to say Nova48 and Nova88.
    - Despite the stupid planters everywhere, developer still want to charge high psf and refuses to waive stamp duties which is different from Roxy Homes package offered for Nova 48 and Nova 88.
    Wow you have done a very thorough point by point on Good and Bad factors!

I woul like to add:

- The quality and the materials used looks very impressive and high end. Looks like designed for high end market.

- Heard from a lot of people that the traffic at Irrawaddy road can be very congested during the peak hours.
    Could some one living in that area verfy this?

- Heard also that the prices of private houses are set to go further south, so buyers should wait a few more months before commiting to a big investment.

What is you opinions on this?

Which development gives you more than one parking lot per household????

Which part of singapore is not jam/crowded in the morning/evening????

Quote Originally Posted by Party

HDB....

Woodlands....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

1. Have! The MarQ for example, at least 2 parking lots per house.

2. Outside of the Prime Ministers' house.

Quote Originally Posted by Party

Default IR

IR is definitely better in terms of its finishing than Domus. But of course, we pay more also. I'm also a little concerned about the noise coming from the school behind. Would the students be able to see the swimming pool since the 1st storey starts from 6th flr and above? Same for Domus with this problem. I'm personally looking at it for investment prupose. I'm just not sure with so many projects ard this area, will this place fetch good rental. Anyone care to comment?

Need some advises from the gurus here ....

1. Does the commission go to the agent or agency? How does it work as there are 2 agencies for this project, DTZ & Huttons.
    2. Who prints and pay the brochures as both of the agency run out of brochures when I asked in 2 separate visits?

Reason I asked is because some agents are better in terms of product knowledges, sincere and keen to get a better price for u.

Quote Originally Posted by mave156
    Need some advises from the gurus here ....

1. Does the commission go to the agent or agency? How does it work as there are 2 agencies for this project, DTZ & Huttons.
    2. Who prints and pay the brochures as both of the agency run out of brochures when I asked in 2 separate visits?

Reason I asked is because some agents are better in terms of product knowledges, sincere and keen to get a better price for u.
    technically cheque is to agency..but it is to agent... not sure how they share... don't think share...

btw...how do u like the development? if u don't mind to share... what is the psf quoted?

have you considered the fact that the balcony/planter/PES constitutes almost 20-25% of the livable space?

For those that envision a balcony living lifestyle where one can wake up an have breakfast in etc etc - it only works if you're facing the sea and are in a windy area, or facing lush greenery = e.g. mt faber lodge, one amber, botanika. nothing beats the smell of the sea or the sweet fragrance of morning dew on greenery

other than those scenarios, Singapore heat and relative pollution in city centres will put you off. Balestier is not exactly the coolest place in Singapore, and the facing of the balconies on all sides do not exactly give you privacy.

if you're willing to pay $900psf for 20% PES, why dun you go for a smaller place without PES but same livable area, pay $1100psf, but same quantum. then you will truly be closer to prime areas rather than balestier

Quote Originally Posted by kgchong
    technically cheque is to agency..but it is to agent... not sure how they share... don't think share...

btw...how do u like the development? if u don't mind to share... what is the psf quoted?
    Of cos .... nothing to hide. Drop to $850psf for stack 03 low floor e.g. L7, L9, anyway left #03 & 04 as of yesterday.

Pros (to me) : Exterior design, quality material used, less planter, near TTSH (good or bad depends on individual), walk to MRT, close to PIE, makan at balestier

Cons : D12 location, price, too many deveopments in vincinity, balcony too big (wasted like goff said), near TTSH (good or bad depends on individual), traffic
    Last edited by mave156; 26-03-09 at 22:53.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/St...ry_355164.html

March 27, 2009 Friday

Home hunters pack showflats in Balestier

By Joyce Teo

SOME home hunters have been packing showflats in the Balestier area and buying units, even as the general property market remains weak.

City Developments (CDL) said yesterday it has sold 'about 60 per cent' of the 100 units at The Arte@Thomson at an average price of $880 per sq ft since a hush-hush preview started last Friday.

The Arte has 336 fairly large units in two 36-storey blocks in Jalan Datoh, off Balestier Road.

The 60 or so units were transacted at $852,800 to $2.46 million, said a CDL spokesman.

Most of those sold were two- and three-bedroom units. The two-bedroom units are 1,055sqft, while nearly half of the project comprises three-bedroom units ranging from 1,399 sq ft to 1,625sqft.

CDL said it had extended the interest absorption scheme (IAS) to buyers during the preview at no extra cost, but could not yet say how many buyers had taken advantage of it.

'Buyers are given some time to decide if they wish to take up the IAS,' said the spokesman.

The scheme allows buyers to defer the bulk of the purchase price until completion on condition that they take up a loan at the point of sale.

The CDL spokesman said the $880 per sq ft price was being offered for a limited number of units only. 'We will be reviewing the price and adjusting it upwards progressively,' he said.

The encouraging sales at The Arte came amid a still-slow market as some other launches see relatively weak interest. Demand for high-end homes, in particular, remains poor.

New home sales in February were lifted to a relatively high level, but that was largely due to the strong sales at three mass to mid-end projects. Many buyers went for small units as their absolute prices were low, and hence affordable.

Just last week, Keppel Land deferred the construction of two yet-to-be-launched projects - Marina Bay Suites in Marina Bay and Madison Residences in Bukit Timah - because of the slumping market.

In the Balestier area, the new showflats benefited from spillover crowds from the various launches, said Savills Residential director Phylicia Ang, who is marketing the 104-unit Domus in the area.

Released for sale two weeks ago, Domus, in Irrawaddy Road, welcomed visitors who had initially attended The Arte preview.

So far, 33 units - out of the 59 launched at Domus - have been sold at an average of $900 per sq ft, or from $480,000 to $1.2 million, said Ms Ang.

The sales included 20 one-bedroom units of 474sqft.

Novelty Group's I-Residences, a 70-unit project in Irrawaddy Road, is about 50 per cent sold since its private preview late last year.

Nearby, on the former Ruby Plaza site, Soilbuild had a preview for The Mezzo, which offers a 6 per cent rental guarantee for two years. It did not comment on sales.

I am currently staying in a property developed by Novelty Group. The quality is real fantastic. In less than a year of TOP, the bathroom wall starts leaking. The tiles start peeling.... The wood lining is kitchen counter top is noted to be made of thin laminates which started to peel too...

I could go on and on.... anyway, caveat emptor lah. =)

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    I am currently staying in a property developed by Novelty Group. The quality is real fantastic. In less than a year of TOP, the bathroom wall starts leaking. The tiles start peeling.... The wood lining is kitchen counter top is noted to be made of thin laminates which started to peel too...

I could go on and on.... anyway, caveat emptor lah. =)
    Which one may i ask? Like that the workmanship is super lousy despite the use of branded stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    have you considered the fact that the balcony/planter/PES constitutes almost 20-25% of the livable space?

For those that envision a balcony living lifestyle where one can wake up an have breakfast in etc etc - it only works if you're facing the sea and are in a windy area, or facing lush greenery = e.g. mt faber lodge, one amber, botanika. nothing beats the smell of the sea or the sweet fragrance of morning dew on greenery

other than those scenarios, Singapore heat and relative pollution in city centres will put you off. Balestier is not exactly the coolest place in Singapore, and the facing of the balconies on all sides do not exactly give you privacy.

if you're willing to pay $900psf for 20% PES, why dun you go for a smaller place without PES but same livable area, pay $1100psf, but same quantum. then you will truly be closer to prime areas rather than balestier
    gfoo, mind to share which place you are refering to with 1100psf with same quantum, and closer to prime area?

i heard the 980sf stack sold out.. anyone can confirm that?

Quote Originally Posted by mave156
    Of cos .... nothing to hide. Drop to $850psf for stack 03 low floor e.g. L7, L9, anyway left #03 & 04 as of yesterday.

Pros (to me) : Exterior design, quality material used, less planter, near TTSH (good or bad depends on individual), walk to MRT, close to PIE, makan at balestier

Cons : D12 location, price, too many deveopments in vincinity, balcony too big (wasted like goff said), near TTSH (good or bad depends on individual), traffic
    can get free SARS

Quote Originally Posted by xtink
    i heard the 980sf stack sold out.. anyone can confirm that?
    Was there on Saturday afternoon and heard from one of the agents that only 3rd level is left for that stack.. maybe it's already been snatched up.

Novelty! Their track record is not really that great right...all their projects drop price drastically...no security at all!! Luma made the headlines for the wrong reason...now Lucida also! but luckily this time they are keep a low profile about the price drop...otherwise all the previous buyers will...

Default You got the point!!

greedy developer. never appreciate previous buyer.
    Last edited by trump7; 31-03-09 at 21:01. Reason: ii