Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Maylea (D5, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Maylea (D5, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Your eyes need some surgery. At one look, its another HDB, the most EC. And the units are so tightly packed together like sardine. I am sure owners need those total block roller blinds to keep yr neighbour's eyes from rooming inside yr unit.
    Hello, please put some logic in your rat brain. HDB is 99 yrs this one freehold.
    Sorry Pasir Panjang Rd is a private resident area, no HDB or even EC around.
    Not all units see each other, but most low rise development is close.

But one thing I agree with you same as HDB is the price S$6XX psf is just what you will get for now to future EC or HDB built by Private developer, maybe higher.

Unregistered Guest

First let me state that I did not buy a unit here. We looked at it during launch but did not find it suitable for our needs.

One of the reasons why we did not pick Maylea was because the blocks were placed to close to each other. Murano had the same problem. That is unfortunately the downside of a small development on a small plot of land.

Apart from that problem, I think Maylea looks quite alright sitting on the side of PP hill. Frankly I think none of the current projects in the PP/West Coast area look like HDB estates. I wonder why there are some people in this forum who keep equating some of the projects in PP/West Coast with HDB estates.

Unregistered Guest

....... I wonder why there are some people in this forum who keep equating some of the projects in PP/West Coast with HDB estates.
    It is called jealousy.

Unregistered Guest

Your eyes need some surgery. At one look, its another HDB, the most EC. And the units are so tightly packed together like sardine. I am sure owners need those total block roller blinds to keep yr neighbour's eyes from rooming inside yr unit.
    I am sure we will always be able to find faults with any development, be it condo, landed, EC or HDB.

More importantly, make sure you buy one that fits your lifestyle and financials.

Unregistered Guest

I am sure we will always be able to find faults with any development, be it condo, landed, EC or HDB.

More importantly, make sure you buy one that fits your lifestyle and financials.
    Well said and agree with you. Over at Varsity Park forum, they are also facing the same criticism, calling the facade "army barracks", "zoo" and what have you not. Even though I am vested at Maylea, I personally don't think VP is that bad at all. In fact, I kind of like the "resort" feel for VP. I think there are few forumers out there going around criticizing other projects without any valid argument, you know who you are.

Unregistered Guest

Well said and agree with you. Over at Varsity Park forum, they are also facing the same criticism, calling the facade "army barracks", "zoo" and what have you not. Even though I am vested at Maylea, I personally don't think VP is that bad at all. In fact, I kind of like the "resort" feel for VP. I think there are few forumers out there going around criticizing other projects without any valid argument, you know who you are.
    they want to buy cheap and sell a little higher...

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: The Maylea (D5, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

Maylea is a nice development ...

Unregistered Guest

I think some viewers here are too critical to some of the small size condo around PP. First of all, there's no way to compare boutique or small size condo to those more then 100 units condos..comparision should be made to those telok kurau area boutique condos...if one were to compare that, you'll find in terms of location, size, design, more important, price..PP condos are not that bad...of course, siglap and telok kurau area are more establish...but the down side is more compact living and higher traffic if you are going to town...singapore land is scarce...there's limitation on how much a residential area can grow...PP in the long run has to be developed like area in D15, D16...so enjoy the peace and quiet if you can...

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Maylea (D5, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

I think some viewers here are too critical to some of the small size condo around PP. First of all, there's no way to compare boutique or small size condo to those more then 100 units condos..comparision should be made to those telok kurau area boutique condos...if one were to compare that, you'll find in terms of location, size, design, more important, price..PP condos are not that bad...of course, siglap and telok kurau area are more establish...but the down side is more compact living and higher traffic if you are going to town...singapore land is scarce...there's limitation on how much a residential area can grow...PP in the long run has to be developed like area in D15, D16...so enjoy the peace and quiet if you can...
    Good, well said. At least you bother to make comparison and be objective.

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: The Maylea (D5, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

the condos along this apart of west coast road to ... pasir panjang has the new hilltop look ...the green...and the breezy feel ...+ a few more new boutique developments ... that's hype ...

Unregistered Guest

Let's wait till Maylea TOP to make our final judgement...residents can post their feedback once they get the real feel in condo...I have good feeling that it will be a nice stay over there...

Let's wait till Maylea TOP to make our final judgement...residents can post their feedback once they get the real feel in condo...I have good feeling that it will be a nice stay over there...
    TOP Still one month away

baracuda Guest

Anyone have the latest update from developer on TOP?

anyone knows the maintenance fee for a 3 bedder?

CD Guest

Thumbs down Re: The Maylea (D5, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

Quote Originally Posted by baracuda
    HI, passed by west coast and parsirpanjang road last sunday, looks like the VP, foliage,Estiva, are completed. however, around these developments are very quiet. not many people stay there, not any activities there. any body knows why like this? thanks

TOP if no delay is May 2008
    Your Lawyer will send you estimate TOP date this few days to inform you to prepare your $$$$ or bank.

TOP according to Hoi Hup incharge for this project is next month if official doc no discreptancy.

baracuda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Your Lawyer will send you estimate TOP date this few days to inform you to prepare your $$$$ or bank.

TOP according to Hoi Hup incharge for this project is next month if official doc no discreptancy.
    This is great news! Holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by CD
    HI, passed by west coast and parsirpanjang road last sunday, looks like the VP, foliage,Estiva, are completed. however, around these developments are very quiet. not many people stay there, not any activities there. any body knows why like this? thanks
    Hi CD,

Try going to West Coast Park or the Mac Restauarnt at West Coast. You should see quite a BIG crowd there.

I think you will see many activities at the currently under-reno West Coast Plaza after its completion too.

There's will be a lot of activities at IMM and the soon to open Big Box.

baracuda Guest

I have received the letter!

PinBaller Guest

So what does the letter say Barracuda?

i am currently in Germany right now and will be back on Sunday.

Will i be on time for whatever is needed?

baracuda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PinBaller
    So what does the letter say Barracuda?

i am currently in Germany right now and will be back on Sunday.

Will i be on time for whatever is needed?
    The letter is to inform us to get ready to pay stamp duties, 6 mths of maintenance and the survey fees as TOP likely to be in May as per the letter from the developer's lawyers (they did add a disclaimer that May is not binding and can be earlier or later)

CD Guest

The letter is to inform us to get ready to pay stamp duties, 6 mths of maintenance and the survey fees as TOP likely to be in May as per the letter from the developer's lawyers (they did add a disclaimer that May is not binding and can be earlier or later)
    Hi, Baracuda:
    I have received my letter yesterday from my lawyer. he let me prepare the stamp duty plus 65% of the purchase fee only. i pay mine on defered payment schedule.can i ask you whether your letter is from the developer or from your lawyer? my letter did not mention the 6 month maintenance fee nor the survey fees. thanks

baracuda Guest

Hi, Baracuda:
    I have received my letter yesterday from my lawyer. he let me prepare the stamp duty plus 65% of the purchase fee only. i pay mine on defered payment schedule.can i ask you whether your letter is from the developer or from your lawyer? my letter did not mention the 6 month maintenance fee nor the survey fees. thanks
    My letter is from my lawyer with the developer's lawyer's letter attached. In anyways, we are required to pay the survey fees and 6 mths maintenance fees upon TOP as stated on the original agreement you signed when you purchased the unit.

Hi, Baracuda:
    The developer's letter should come with your lawyer's letter.

My letter is from my lawyer with the developer's lawyer's letter attached. In anyways, we are required to pay the survey fees and 6 mths maintenance fees upon TOP as stated on the original agreement you signed when you purchased the unit.
    I didnt got mine yet, according to my lawyer is soon. By the way how much is the survey fee.

baracuda Guest

I didnt got mine yet, according to my lawyer is soon. By the way how much is the survey fee.
    Not stated but fees are shared by developer and buyer

PinBaller Guest

Received a letter from developer to lawyer, CCed to me...

TOP sometime in May 08.....telling lawyer to tell me to get $$ ready...

they are going to start robbing the owners....

heard the Maylea sign on the main gate is up.....

sian....wait until neck getting long......i am gg to convert from variable int rates to fixed....

sunshine Guest

Smile Re: The Maylea (D5, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

Ya wait till neck sooooooooo long.... 1st project to launch before Foliage+ Estiva and last to complete.

Everything up except minor touch up on landscaping.

Any idea on the maintenance charges?

caveman Guest

Somehow, I just felt that the landscaping is a bit lacking and sparsely spread, especially those planted at the 'MAYLEA' signage. Didn't have a chance to see how it looks inside, but just hope for some pleasant surprise.

Nothing heard about the maintenance charges so far.

PinBaller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by caveman
    Somehow, I just felt that the landscaping is a bit lacking and sparsely spread, especially those planted at the 'MAYLEA' signage. Didn't have a chance to see how it looks inside, but just hope for some pleasant surprise.

Nothing heard about the maintenance charges so far.
    i have sum noos on the maint charges...

for a 51sqm = 300+-30...do sum simple maths for other sizes...

tankews...