Page 1 of 21 1234561116 ... LastLast

Thread: Robertson 100 (D9, Freehold, MCL Land)

col.kurtz Guest

Default Robertson 100 (D9, Freehold, MCL Land)

Hi I am currently renting in another condo, but am looking to buy a place in this building, Robertson 100. What are your honest opinions on Robertson 100?

Thanks.

lousy Guest

Default Re: Robertson 100

Quote Originally Posted by col.kurtz
    Hi I am currently renting in another condo, but am looking to buy a place in this building, Robertson 100. What are your honest opinions on Robertson 100?

Thanks.
    It honestly sucks. For a 4 or 5 year old development, it looks like it was transported from the 1980's. From the carpark entrance to the sickly shade of red on the building. Honestly, it looks like it belongs in Jurong or Yishun or some place like that. It doesn't belong on Robertson Quay. What an eyesore! Anyone paying $1,000 psf for Robertson 100 has to be out of his/her mind, when a brand new unit at the Pier could be had for little more over $1,200 psf.

Thumbs up ROBERTSON 100 (For Rent)

936Sq.ft 2 Bedrm,Immed.

Expat's Choice.

Nice and Clean,Resort Living,Amenities & River,UE Sq,Clarke Quay within walking distance.

Free shuttle bus to City Hall MRT station at the UE Square shopping Mall, every 15 minutes from 7.35 am to 9.05 am and from City Hall MRT station from 5.05 pm to 6.45 pm.

Immed, Nice Landlord. Neg !!!

Asking 5.5K.

BEN (HSR)
    M: 97269210
    E: [email protected]
    W: http://dreamzproperty.spaces.live.com

Default Impressive and comprehensive search engine

hi,
    Just to share this site with u http://www.virtualhomes.sg/robertson100
    720 degree virtual tour and pictures speaks better than word.Go visit,then u will know wat's the site is.

Just to revive this thread. I'm now considering a 3 room apartment at Robertson 100 and was just wondering what people think of it now. There was a negative comment on the place some time back but any other views would be much appreciated. Thanks so much.

Some people feel the exterior of this project is not outstanding. Personally i like the interior in terms of room size and the layout. Not much wasted space and no bay window if i remember correctly. If you are buying for your own stay, the most important critieria is you must like the place and feel good about it.

Default Reent

There seems to be a lot of units for rent lately. But the asking is still quite high. No softening of the market?

Default Robertson 100

I was on the verge of buying a unit at Robertson 100 over the last 3 weekends.

The first unit, i got played out by the agent. i made an offer to what the seller wanted, the agent kept asking me to hold on and wait for another unit that is coming into the market at a much cheaper price.

The agent took my check but refused to present it to the owner... That unit finally came up. It wasn't cheaper than the unit i was offering for. I bidded and lost, after that, the unit i initially bidded for raise the price!

I basically got snooked!

I like that development, because of the design of the units. nice and squarish. And the bedrooms are actually quite decent size.

However, i found out that a few ERA agents basically cornered the market there, ie, if i had bought a unit there, when i want to sell next time, i will have to go through these agents again. They did what they did to the first owner i wanted to offer to, there is no guarantee that they will turn honest when i want to sell mine.

Rental there in current situation should be $4000 plus / minus...

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    However, i found out that a few ERA agents basically cornered the market there, ie, if i had bought a unit there, when i want to sell next time, i will have to go through these agents again. They did what they did to the first owner i wanted to offer to, there is no guarantee that they will turn honest when i want to sell mine.

Rental there in current situation should be $4000 plus / minus...
    why if u wan to sell in future u have to go thru these agents??

Quote Originally Posted by august
    there are a group of ERA agents that basically go around collecting sales mandate from sellers. And also because they have almost all the sales mandates, buyers would go to them for viewing, since you are likely to be able to view all at one shot and at a convenient time.

I tried using another agent before, the time slot i got was so bad... 15 mins after i walk into the unit, the ERA agent called my agent and told him the unit was sold....

there are a group of ERA agents that basically go around collecting sales mandate from sellers. And also because they have almost all the sales mandates, buyers would go to them for viewing, since you are likely to be able to view all at one shot and at a convenient time.

I tried using another agent before, the time slot i got was so bad... 15 mins after i walk into the unit, the ERA agent called my agent and told him the unit was sold....
    so basically the owners have given 'exclusive' rights to the ERA agents ..

Don't understand why can't seller do it on their own....? when come to money... whose interest u think they will protect...?

Quote Originally Posted by august

Whoah... didn't know in this supposedly "free market", such arrangements are allowed.... and it is not like they will guarantee to get you a better deal

ha ha.. they don't guarantee you a better deal, but because they are grouped together, if i am a seller, my unit is more likely to get viewings, if i give them the mandate.

please don't take my word for it... just go to propertyguru, and search under Robertson 100. Use 2 different names, and try to secure viewings... use 1 ERA agent and 1 from some other company...

then you will know what i mean.

Thumbs up

ha ha.. they don't guarantee you a better deal, but because they are grouped together, if i am a seller, my unit is more likely to get viewings, if i give them the mandate.

please don't take my word for it... just go to propertyguru, and search under Robertson 100. Use 2 different names, and try to secure viewings... use 1 ERA agent and 1 from some other company...

then you will know what i mean.
    If you are lucky enough to get a unit here... DON'T SELL IT !

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    If you are lucky enough to get a unit here... DON'T SELL IT !
    wow, are you the blackjack that bought tons of real estate and almost got killed when the market crashed last year?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    wow, are you the blackjack that bought tons of real estate and almost got killed when the market crashed last year?
    ....I got killed in the stock market courtesy of the sub prime, but not the property market ... anyway, just remember what I said :" DO NOT SELL if you own a unit here."

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader, 25 February 2010 8.40 pm
    ....I got killed in the stock market courtesy of the sub prime, but not the property market ... anyway, just remember what I said :" DO NOT SELL if you own a unit here."
    Do not sell in what else (development or district)? Thanks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Dear Reporter, I think you are being too humble. You should know better than me

Default Testing

Just testing

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Do not sell in all developments and districts!!!

Propertism Rule No. 1 - Properties should only be bought and not sold. Property prices will always go up in the long term simply because paper money will eventually lose all its value.

It doesn't matter what development or district. Never sell your properties!

Properties are meant to be bought and not sold!!!

Since the beginning of time, anyone who has sold properties has ended up in regrets in the long run, even though they may be happy for a short while.

In 1823, the Johor-Riau Sultanate sold Singapore outright to the British for 60,000 Spanish dollars.

That's $0.000008 psf in Spanish dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Do not sell in all developments and districts!!!

Propertism Rule No. 1 - Properties should only be bought and not sold. Property prices will always go up in the long term simply because paper money will eventually lose all its value.

It doesn't matter what development or district. Never sell your properties!

Properties are meant to be bought and not sold!!!

Since the beginning of time, anyone who has sold properties has ended up in regrets in the long run, even though they may be happy for a short while.

In 1823, the Johor-Riau Sultanate sold Singapore outright to the British for 60,000 Spanish dollars.

That's $0.000008 psf in Spanish dollars!
    Yes, very true. One should try to expand one's property portfolio as a hedge against other more risky investment. If not for my property investment that save my day, I would have become a taxi-driver by now due to the collapse of Lehman Brothers. At least now I have only realised loss of 60% in my total investment. It could have been 90% ! Thank You for your reminder again and Thank Myself for taking a bet on Singapore !
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 07-03-10 at 15:59.

19 October 2009

There is one thing certain in our life: DIT ( Death, Inflation and Tax ). Why do I say inflation is certain ? This is due to the time value of money: A dollar today is worth more than a dollar in the future. A dollar in the future carries with it the opportunity costs of today. For example, $1 today can be invested to grow whereas this same $1 in future carries with it the costs of this lost opportunity. This is even more true today in our globalised economy, an interconnected Internet, a printing machine in the US, a rising oil price,the emergence of 3 superpowers and a generally appreciating prices of food and resources.

The assets in our world economy are valued in US$. At this moment as I write, China held about 1.4 trillion worth of US$ bonds, Yes, that is 1000x bigger than the GDP of the richest nation ( by per capita income ) Liechtenstein, and half the GDP of Germany ( richest country in gold reserves ). Meanwhile, the US national debt just reached $11,959,182,970,620.81 ( as at 19 October 2009 10:21am Singapore Time) increasing at a rate of $3.93billions a day.( Don't worry, there will not be any doomsday because of this This means that the US has been importing more than she exports; or you can say, consuming more than she produces. Somehow, this imbalance has to be equalised in the future.To understand the implication of all these, we have to first take a look at some background information.

The world is no longer the one our fathers or our grandfathers used to know. The US$ is the only currency in the world now that can buy gold and oil. Although it owes China billions of dollars, this debt is valued in US$.Since the 70s, US has been printing the US$. The faster she prints, the higher the inflation rate.This is only common sense- the more supply you have, the lower the value of the item ( In this case,item= US$). So it becomes more expensive to use this item (US$) to exchange for other items (goods). Hence, there will be inflation. Of course, inflation does not take place over night. Some US$ is usually taken off the circulation in its journey around the economies of the world. It takes about 10-15 years to see the full or final effect. As more developing economies are connected to the global ecomomy in our modern era, the effects could be lessened but most certainly will not be eliminated.

Oil prices, for the next 10-20 years should continue to remain high. This is because, while the world has made great advancement in biotechnology and information technology in the last 10 years, little is done in the area of oil drilling and processing technology. This is also one of the reasons why some countries see the need to rely less on oil for energy. Due to the decreasing economies of scale ( the longer and more something is produced, the less returns you get when adding improvement to it ), there is little incentive for oil companies to want to innovate in this area.

23 October 2009

Oil consumption is highest at 20,000,000 bbl a day for USA, followed by China at 8,000,000 bbl a day and Japan at 5,000,000 bbl a day. While consuming at this rate, USA produce 9,000,000 bbl per day, China at 3,000,000 bbl a day and Japan at a mere 120,000 bbl a day. The shortfall between the energy consumption and energy production has to be imported. It is also not by accident that the more you import oil, the more inflation there will be in your country. Even with new oil reserves discovery, it does not take a rocket scientist to soon realise that high oil prices will be a fact all of us have to live with into our foreseeable future.

As a country progresses, it is expected that energy consumption will go up. If so is the case, what will happen when there are now 3 super economies: China, India and Russia, emerging in our world economy? Indeed, prices of oil, food and resources should be expected to rise in general. That is why you see in daily markets news that as expectation of an economic recovery rises, oil prices increase, and the US$ gets weaker and vice versa.

Even with a strong green initiative, you still require oil to build the green factories,solar panels,electric cars, etc etc. You can have an electric car that runs totally on battery power, but you still require oil to produce the materials for the battery and the car . One way or another, oil gets into the supply chain when producing goods including food.

More to come....

Disclaimers: Use the information on this page with discretion and due diligence. The investment principles presented here are very contrarian and based purely on personal trading experience. I am trained in business administration, I DO NOT have a finance,economic or stock trading degree. What works for me, may not work for you. I shall not be responsible for any loss or anything you do with any information on this site.

Yes, very true. One should try to expand one's property portfolio as a hedge against other more risky investment. If not for my property investment that save my day, I would have become a taxi-driver by now due to the collapse of Lehman Brothers. At least now I have only realised loss of 60% in my total investment. It could have been 90% ! Thank You for your reminder again and Thank Myself for taking a bet on Singapore !
    I am glad that properties have protected you from more extensive losses.

Real Estate (and other real investments like gold, antiques and old comic books etc) are the only true investments that have a long term upside potential.

They have infinite lifespan, unlike stocks in companies, which have a lifespan of only several decades.

I can bet that in 50 years, out of these three companies: Microsoft, Google and Yahoo. At least two will disappear.

Just testing

Hi,

Are you refering to en bloc potential or surrounding neigbourhood soaring prices??

Do you know the land size of Robertson 100, any height limits on this piece of land (10 storey limit)?

Any advice much appreciated

Lee

Just testing

Hi,

Are you refering to en bloc potential or surrounding neigbourhood soaring prices??

Do you know the land size of Robertson 100, any height limits on this piece of land (10 storey limit)?

Any advice much appreciated

Lee

all says 2.8. Got chance meh?

Dated 2 March 2011 :Acquisition of Studio M Hotel at S$154.0 million or approximately S$428,000 per key......
    $428000/200sqft = $2140psf for hotel property.

Now, do I need to say more?

You guys may be a little late now.

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE !

Jlrx is hanging around in this forum, last activity was 40 min ago

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Jlrx is hanging around in this forum, last activity was 40 min ago

I miss his posts. if u happen to see brother Jlrx, please request him to post some interesting writeups again.

Can't wait