Thread: D17 Freehold property advice

Default D17 Freehold property advice

Hi all,
    Im a first time home buyer and have been researching the properties in D15/16/17 for some time and would like fellow forummers advice on the selection of property.

As my budget is low, approx 800k, in the current economic climate, what would my best bet in terms of choosing an project for own-stay?

My wish list includes
    1. Proximity to MRT or close enough for a quick bus ride
    2. Freehold or 999 if possible
    3. 3 bedder with about 1000sqft ++
    4. Full if not close to full condo facilities

I have been looking at the new projects along Jalan Loyang Besar, ie. bluwaters 2, riz haven and coastal breeze and found them to be quite nice, however, for rizhaven, its too small ( approx 23000sqft for 33 units ). Bluwaters 2 ( too expensive ) and coastal breeze ( perfect size etc but they R unwilling to budge on price =p )

Any other projects I might have missed out or any considerations that fellow forummers can give me?

I am NOT a Crook Guest

As my name suggests, I am not a crook...but u can try Livia

FREEHOLD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by I am NOT a Crook
    Friend Livia is not freehold lah

DO NOT get livia.. for 800k nowadays you can easily get a decent sized freehold property.

Hi toaler, which projects are you referring to?
    Any recommendations ?

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    DO NOT get livia.. for 800k nowadays you can easily get a decent sized freehold property.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BeeFGee
    Hi toaler, which projects are you referring to?
    Any recommendations ?
    Please! You believe Toaler? That jerk is a conman.

Next thing he will tell you "don't buy HDB flat, can get condo at the same price."

UnregisteredX Guest

you not crook, than who are you?

UnregisteredY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregisteredX
    you not crook, than who are you?
    I am impersonator.

For 800 psf, there are a lot of choices around for freehold property nowdays. Not only in this district, other districts as well. Do some due dilligence and search the internet and papers. Have fun shopping!

Hi all,
    Im a first time home buyer and have been researching the properties in D15/16/17 for some time and would like fellow forummers advice on the selection of property.

As my budget is low, approx 800k, in the current economic climate, what would my best bet in terms of choosing an project for own-stay?

My wish list includes

I have been looking at the new projects along Jalan Loyang Besar, ie. bluwaters 2, riz haven and coastal breeze and found them to be quite nice, however, for rizhaven, its too small ( approx 23000sqft for 33 units ). Bluwaters 2 ( too expensive ) and coastal breeze ( perfect size etc but they R unwilling to budge on price =p )

Any other projects I might have missed out or any considerations that fellow forummers can give me?
    Coastal Breeze is not freehold either.

My wish list includes

Check out Ferraria Park Condo, TOP in Sep 09. What you see (now) is what you get.

1) Bus service within Flora estate to Tampines MRT. If someone in your family drives, can go to Pasir Ris MRT ..
    2) Freehold
    3) 3 bedder with >1000 sq ft and I am pretty sure it's below 800k. You can also consider 3+1 too
    4) Full condo facilities with nice water feature
    5) very good and useful space layout

Check out the Ferraria threads here or go to the owners forum and you will find a nice bunch of people there.

Calling Trixie ...

Hi all,

My wish list includes

Nowadays its pretty rare to fulfill your wish #1 and #2 together. If the project is near MRT, high chance its 99LH, and likewise if the project is 999LH or FH, then high chance its not near MRT. Its hard to have the best of both world now. As for your wish #3 & #4, they're quite easy to fulfill considering that a number of recent projects do come with decent 3 bedder size and full facilities condo or even more than that.

One project which fits #2, #3 & #4 is DBR at Simei. You might want to consider that. Another comparable project is Livia, although not very near MRT but still within walking dist. Going out of your preferred districts there is Kovan Residences which also fulfills the same 3 points and it is the closest to MRT. Went to Ferraria Park's show flat, they're only left with 3 units. One is the showflat itself which they'll sell together with ID, and 2 other units which is in front of the Bin Center.

A lot of property advisors always put the Location factor at the top of the list when chosing a condo. Ultimately should go with the one which gives you the best feel.

Quote Originally Posted by daveng2103
    Nowadays its pretty rare to fulfill your wish #1 and #2 together. If the project is near MRT, high chance its 99LH, and likewise if the project is 999LH or FH, then high chance its not near MRT. Its hard to have the best of both world now. As for your wish #3 & #4, they're quite easy to fulfill considering that a number of recent projects do come with decent 3 bedder size and full facilities condo or even more than that.

One project which fits #2, #3 & #4 is DBR at Simei. You might want to consider that. Another comparable project is Livia, although not very near MRT but still within walking dist. Going out of your preferred districts there is Kovan Residences which also fulfills the same 3 points and it is the closest to MRT. Went to Ferraria Park's show flat, they're only left with 3 units. One is the showflat itself which they'll sell together with ID, and 2 other units which is in front of the Bin Center.

A lot of property advisors always put the Location factor at the top of the list when chosing a condo. Ultimately should go with the one which gives you the best feel.
    Good observation about #1 & #2 (usually it's either one but seldom both together). For instance, that land on which Livia being built is converted from agri to 99 LH .. prob some limitations being placed for the so-called near to MRT :P

Perhaps the reference is DBay at Simei? But that one should be including factor #1 instead of #2. Or maybe not so near MRT afterall? DB is 99LH mah ....

1 cent here ... not interested in this district but thot this last thread does give some insight ...

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Good observation about #1 & #2 (usually it's either one but seldom both together). For instance, that land on which Livia being built is converted from agri to 99 LH .. prob some limitations being placed for the so-called near to MRT :P

Perhaps the reference is DBay at Simei? But that one should be including factor #1 instead of #2. Or maybe not so near MRT afterall? DB is 99LH mah ....

1 cent here ... not interested in this district but thot this last thread does give some insight ...
    Oops..I am sorry, I've mixed up the numbers, it should be #1, #3 & #4 .