Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Wow, I did not know there is a new HDB project completed along the west coast road. ooops, it is varsity park. sorry.
    im just passby VP forum, why you like to give bad comments on others project which you are not affordable, didn't yr parents teach you manners
    and feel sad for yr kids!

Unregistered Guest

im just passby VP forum, why you like to give bad comments on others project which you are not affordable, didn't yr parents teach you manners
    Just ignore these fools who got nothing better to do.

Unregistered Guest

What broken english!!! Now we know the quality of people that bought and live in VP.

Unregistered Guest

Wow, I did not know there is a new HDB project completed along the west coast road. ooops, it is varsity park. sorry.
    The outside look of the project is bad? Wait unit you see the side of each unit. It is even worse. It definitely has an HDB feel. Just looking at those rusty railings on the balcony and cheap aluminum sliding doors.

Unregistered Guest

The outside look of the project is bad? Wait unit you see the side of each unit. It is even worse. It definitely has an HDB feel. Just looking at those rusty railings on the balcony and cheap aluminum sliding doors.
    whose English is worst?

Unregistered Guest

What broken english!!! Now we know the quality of people that bought and live in VP.
    What made you so sure he bought VP and is living in it now? He started off saying he is passing by the VP forum. That does not mean he bought a unit himself.

Whether or not he is a resident at VP, are you suggesting that because his English is not standard English, he deserves to be mocked? Does it mean that people who speak good English are of a higher quality than those who cannot?

Is the ability to speak good English an indication of a person's quality? I would have thought that old fashion virtues like honesty, humility and being hard-working are more indicative of the quality of a person rather than his ability to speak good English.

You should take a long trip out of Singapore and have a good look at the world around you. Pax America is over. This century belongs to Asia. And if your English is so good, you should be well equipped to read Kishore's book on this topic.

You, my friend, are the one who is (in your words) of low quality.

Unregistered Guest

What made you so sure he bought VP and is living in it now? He started off saying he is passing by the VP forum. That does not mean he bought a unit himself.

Whether or not he is a resident at VP, are you suggesting that because his English is not standard English, he deserves to be mocked? Does it mean that people who speak good English are of a higher quality than those who cannot?

Is the ability to speak good English an indication of a person's quality? I would have thought that old fashion virtues like honesty, humility and being hard-working are more indicative of the quality of a person rather than his ability to speak good English.

You should take a long trip out of Singapore and have a good look at the world around you. Pax America is over. This century belongs to Asia. And if your English is so good, you should be well equipped to read Kishore's book on this topic.

Hey, hey, the guy with the broken english is definitely of low quality. He is not only uneducated given his poor command of english, his arrogant attitude belies his poor upbringing. He said: "why you like to give bad comments on others project which you are not affordable." While it is not exactly clear what "which you are not affordable" means, he most likely means "you cannot afford." Who does he think he is? Just because he has money to waste on this lousy condo called varsity park, it does not give him the right to belittle people. BTW, we do have money, but we did not want to spend it on VP.

Unregistered Guest

Hey, hey, the guy with the broken english is definitely of low quality. He is not only uneducated given his poor command of english, his arrogant attitude belies his poor upbringing. He said: "why you like to give bad comments on others project which you are not affordable." While it is not exactly clear what "which you are not affordable" means, he most likely means "you cannot afford." Who does he think he is? Just because he has money to waste on this lousy condo called varsity park, it does not give him the right to belittle people. BTW, we do have money, but we did not want to spend it on VP.
    Your criticism of his arrogance is a valid point. However, the other criticism equating his poor command of the English language with him being of a "lower quality", whatever that means, is not a fair comment. Otherwise all Chinese-educated persons with poor command of the English language would by the same brush be classified as being of a "lower quality".

That was the point I was trying to raise in my last post.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

hard to believe u have the $,

Unregistered Guest

hard to believe u have the $,
    Fully agreed, only uncivilized person talk big and no actions.

Unregistered Guest

Save your energy, people of his level of english comprehension would not understand your post. You probably have to write chinese to make him understand your post, as you would have to many Singaporeans who are educated in chinese.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

It always amused me the most that we have people going to such extend to run down Varsity Park. Its really very comical.

The only reason I can think of will be that maybe that plot of land which VP currently sits on could have been of sentimental value to the stooges. Or perhaps this guy could have lost alot of money on the stock market and is now venting his anger on people who have bought VP which IMO a nice project to stay and to bring up children. People just cannot get a life elsewhere.

Unregistered Guest

It always amused me the most that we have people going to such extend to run down Varsity Park. Its really very comical.

The only reason I can think of will be that maybe that plot of land which VP currently sits on could have been of sentimental value to the stooges. Or perhaps this guy could have lost alot of money on the stock market and is now venting his anger on people who have bought VP which IMO a nice project to stay and to bring up children. People just cannot get a life elsewhere.
    these people could be agents/flippers who already made a few round via vp and want to buy again

Agent brought us in to view some units. Blur liao, so many units for sale. But someone rightly said, it has an HDB feel. Very el cheapo looking. But layout quite nice. However, the kitchen sink is facing the stove in the kitchen. Older folks said it is bad fengshui.

I think there are both pros and cons to varsity park. So no point arguing about that.

My opinion is that for a capitaland development , the quality of the finishes is a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink4
    Agent brought us in to view some units. Blur liao, so many units for sale. But someone rightly said, it has an HDB feel. Very el cheapo looking. But layout quite nice. However, the kitchen sink is facing the stove in the kitchen. Older folks said it is bad fengshui.
    Regardless of what had been said, at least 2 units had been sold around $810 psf and $840 psf in may 08. If ppl like it, they willing to pay.. buying property is very subjective.

Mickey Mouse Guest

VP is a 99 year leasehold property. By comparison, Stellar is freehold. However, it appears that the transacted prices for VP is similar to (and for some units, even higher than) that of Stellar. The market speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse
    VP is a 99 year leasehold property. By comparison, Stellar is freehold. However, it appears that the transacted prices for VP is similar to (and for some units, even higher than) that of Stellar. The market speaks for itself.
    That is probably not the way to compare the two properties. One has already TOP and the other has not.

And taking one ,two unit transactions cannot be the reflection of the market.

Mickey Mouse Guest

For Stellar, there were 5 transactions reported on the URA website. The highest psf reported was $809 and the lowest psf reported was $707.

For VP, there were 53 reported transactions. The highest reported transaction was at $841 psf and the lowest was $609 psf.

I am too lazy to calculate the median price for both properties but my rough estimate is that the median price for both should be in the region of $750 psf.

The Stellar has 162 units in total. 5 units out of 162 is 3% of the total number of units. VP has 530 units. The 53 transactions in 2008 makes up 10% of the total number of units.

The fact that VP has already achieved TOP would affect the number of units transacted but I don't think that it would have any real impact on the price. In fact, with more units being made available on the market after TOP, there should be more downside pressure on the price.

The transacted prices are based on willing buyer willing seller. I think my comments earlier are not based merely on 1 or 2 transactions and I certainly do not think that my comparison between VP and Stellar is comparing apples and oranges.

Varsity Park supporter Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    Regardless of what had been said, at least 2 units had been sold around $810 psf and $840 psf in may 08. If ppl like it, they willing to pay.. buying property is very subjective.

ya, agree with you. I heard a 2 bedder unit was sold last week at 930psf. Am waiting for the URA transacted price to confirm it. I have been hunting a 2 bedder unit there for the last 1 month and I really do not have any luck in getting my dream home there. Both my wife and myself really like the place for its good layout, its vast land area and its resort feel. To make matter worse, there are only a few 2 bedder currently on sale and asking price is more than 900psf.

For Stellar, there were 5 transactions reported on the URA website. The highest psf reported was $809 and the lowest psf reported was $707.

For VP, there were 53 reported transactions. The highest reported transaction was at $841 psf and the lowest was $609 psf.

I am too lazy to calculate the median price for both properties but my rough estimate is that the median price for both should be in the region of $750 psf.

The Stellar has 162 units in total. 5 units out of 162 is 3% of the total number of units. VP has 530 units. The 53 transactions in 2008 makes up 10% of the total number of units.

The fact that VP has already achieved TOP would affect the number of units transacted but I don't think that it would have any real impact on the price. In fact, with more units being made available on the market after TOP, there should be more downside pressure on the price.

The transacted prices are based on willing buyer willing seller. I think my comments earlier are not based merely on 1 or 2 transactions and I certainly do not think that my comparison between VP and Stellar is comparing apples and oranges.
    Don't you think the total no. of transaction is high for Varsity Park is due to the high no. of units available in the market for sale as compared to Stellar? It is a known fact that units typically fetch a better price near or upon TOP. So how can you take a under construction development price and compared to hyped up TOP development price?

In any case, this is the median price for units transacted in 2008
    The Stellar $749psf on 5 units
    Varsity Park $736psf on 49 units

I reiterate that the market don't 'speaks for itself' based on a few transactions hitting above $800psf. The property market is information-inefficient, that means some people may not know the real value of the property they are buying and hence overpaid for the development. These people cannot be generalise into the 'market'.

I don't see the need to talk up the market.

For people who are interested, hold on to your horses, the current owners are still feeling the market, after a few months with no offers, price will come down.

Workmanship Guest

In the past, I hesitate to commit is because the location of the project is a bit odd. After TOP, I have visited twice and looked at evrything very carefully. Whay really shocked me was the layout and workman ship of the whole project as well as individual unit.

In fact, last week, there was a quarter page piece in the evening chinese paper with photo included talking about someone writing to the press complaining about the problem she faced with her new unit at VP.

There was this hole in the ceiling that she thought developer forgot to close up. A couple weeks after getting the problem fixed, the developer told her that they need to open up her ceiling again because they need to fix up some pipes and only way they can get to it was to make a hole in the ceiling.

Does mean in the next 99 years, every time the pipes need to be fixed, someone has to go to her condo and open up the ceiling? It sounds scary indeed. What is really scary is that what else in the condo are having design faults? Many of my friends live in mass condo projects and I must admit they are have better build quality than VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity Park supporter
    ya, agree with you. I heard a 2 bedder unit was sold last week at 930psf. Am waiting for the URA transacted price to confirm it. I have been hunting a 2 bedder unit there for the last 1 month and I really do not have any luck in getting my dream home there. Both my wife and myself really like the place for its good layout, its vast land area and its resort feel. To make matter worse, there are only a few 2 bedder currently on sale and asking price is more than 900psf.

Mickey Mouse Guest

I am not trying to talk up the market. I don't see how my comments here can affect other people's decision whether to buy or sell and at what price.

I also do not think it is fair to say that "it is a known fact that units typically fetch a better price near or upon TOP". There is no evidence corroborating such an assertion. Perhaps there may have been such a trend in the past when the market was flat and a newly TOP project may have attracted more attention from potential buyers.

Also, who are we to say that the buyers do not know the true value of the property that they are buying? Do you know something that they don't? And what is the "true" value of a propery? Is there some other objective test apart from comparing the value of the other recent transactions in the same development or locality?

Also, who are we to say that the buyers do not know the true value of the property that they are buying? Do you know something that they don't? And what is the "true" value of a propery? Is there some other objective test apart from comparing the value of the other recent transactions in the same development or locality?
    That is beside the point I am making here. I agree the true value of a property depends on the buyer. I'm just telling you not to generalise a few transaction as 'market'.

Just passing by Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Workmanship
    In the past, I hesitate to commit is because the location of the project is a bit odd. After TOP, I have visited twice and looked at evrything very carefully. Whay really shocked me was the layout and workman ship of the whole project as well as individual unit.

In fact, last week, there was a quarter page piece in the evening chinese paper with photo included talking about someone writing to the press complaining about the problem she faced with her new unit at VP.

There was this hole in the ceiling that she thought developer forgot to close up. A couple weeks after getting the problem fixed, the developer told her that they need to open up her ceiling again because they need to fix up some pipes and only way they can get to it was to make a hole in the ceiling.

Does mean in the next 99 years, every time the pipes need to be fixed, someone has to go to her condo and open up the ceiling? It sounds scary indeed. What is really scary is that what else in the condo are having design faults? Many of my friends live in mass condo projects and I must admit they are have better build quality than VP.
    I am abit surprised you took the trouble to visit VP twice even though you have so much negative thoughts about the project. If I were you, don't waste your time with VP and go somewhere else that is worth your value. Its human nature to react this way, ie. if you don't like or cannot afford the asking price, you will find many reasons to state your claims.

Mickey Mouse Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    That is beside the point I am making here. I agree the true value of a property depends on the buyer. I'm just telling you not to generalise a few transaction as 'market'.
    Alas not. My comments were based on all the reported transactions in 2008 for both developments. How can that be said to be a "few transactions"? How many transactions would you require before you would agree that the market values VP and Stellar almost equally on a psf basis despite one being a 99 year leasehold property and the other being a freehold property? Even if you go back to the 2007 transactions, the transacted prices (apart from those purchased directly from the developers) are fairly similar on a psf basis.

Retired Judge Guest

This forumer stated clearly his main reservation about the place before TOP was only location of the place. Hence, the negative thoughts came about only after undertaking due diligence by visiting the place twice and probably after inspecting numerous units. So, the judgement is to Workmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Just passing by
    I am abit surprised you took the trouble to visit VP twice even though you have so much negative thoughts about the project. If I were you, don't waste your time with VP and go somewhere else that is worth your value. Its human nature to react this way, ie. if you don't like or cannot afford the asking price, you will find many reasons to state your claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity Park supporter
    Do you know which unit is it? I will be shocked if this news is true.
    In an condo, there is such thing as unit's facing, floor level and feeling.
    If a potential buyer visit, he/she will sense if it is worth $800 psf or $700 psf . You cannot just generalise take the average transaction price. Do you want to pay $700 psf to stay in one unit that face direct afternoon SUN and noisy construction in STELLAR or CLEMENTIWOOD or CLEMENTI ROAD. OR pay a bit more to buy one the faces open space with no direct afternoon SUN and good feeling?
    It is not for another person to judge whether it is worth it or not...
    What do you say about ppl who pay $19M for a condo unit in NASSIM PARK recently?

Alas not. My comments were based on all the reported transactions in 2008 for both developments. How can that be said to be a "few transactions"? How many transactions would you require before you would agree that the market values VP and Stellar almost equally on a psf basis despite one being a 99 year leasehold property and the other being a freehold property? Even if you go back to the 2007 transactions, the transacted prices (apart from those purchased directly from the developers) are fairly similar on a psf basis.
    . If you think the market value for Varsity Park and Stellar is the same based on that few transactions, good for you.

Hopefully, you will understand that there are a lot of factors that goes into defining 'market value'. Especially in comparing a unfinished product with a finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    Do you know which unit is it? I will be shocked if this news is true.
    In an condo, there is such thing as unit's facing, floor level and feeling.
    If a potential buyer visit, he/she will sense if it is worth $800 psf or $700 psf . You cannot just generalise take the average transaction price. Do you want to pay $700 psf to stay in one unit that face direct afternoon SUN and noisy construction in STELLAR or CLEMENTIWOOD or CLEMENTI ROAD. OR pay a bit more to buy one the faces open space with no direct afternoon SUN and good feeling?
    It is not for another person to judge whether it is worth it or not...
    What do you say about ppl who pay $19M for a condo unit in NASSIM PARK recently?
    Agree with what you said!