Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: No fret PP

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    yes, singaporean buy condos based on only one criterion. location. they will buy one with good location even if it is located next to a grave yard or oil refinery.
    How can it be a "good location" if it is located to heavy three-way traffic junction, oil refinery or graveyard?

Unregistered Guest

How can it be a "good location" if it is located to heavy three-way traffic junction, oil refinery or graveyard?
    that is my question too. How can gardenvista be described as "at a good location." when the location, while near city center, is noisy and highly polluted.

Unregistered Guest

that is my question too. How can gardenvista be described as "at a good location." when the location, while near city center, is noisy and highly polluted.
    Garden Vista is quite near Orchard and for those who can't afford 3000psf, but aspire to live in prime district, 1300psf is a reasonable price to pay even many negatives associated with that location. Is VP near orchard as well? That is the question?

Unregistered Guest

Garden Vista is quite near Orchard and for those who can't afford 3000psf, but aspire to live in prime district, 1300psf is a reasonable price to pay even many negatives associated with that location. Is VP near orchard as well? That is the question?
    nope. VP is near the pasir panjang port and jurong island, where the oil refineries are.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: No fret PP

nope. VP is near the pasir panjang port and jurong island, where the oil refineries are.
    You have hit the nail. Thats why keep on telling you guys that it is sitting on a rare location, good fengshui. HUAT AH HUAT AH HUAT AH!!!!!!!!

Unregistered Guest

Singapore is so small and orchard is never far from where you live, but one thing to take not though is that VP is a stone throw away from world's busiest container port. Most cities I live in, properties near container port are generally not being considered as "investment" grade. Perhaps SIngapore is so small, even properties right next to graveyard is still OK.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: No fret PP

You have hit the nail. Thats why keep on telling you guys that it is sitting on a rare location, good fengshui. HUAT AH HUAT AH HUAT AH!!!!!!!!
    With the thriving Port and Jurong Island Plus the record breaking oil prices, how can it not be good fengshui for VP???? HUAT AH!!!!

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Varsity Park Condominium For Sale @ Westcoast Road

Brand New Condominium
    Project Name: Varsity Park

For Sale -
    2rm, 3rm, 3+1rm, 4rm, 4+1rm, 3+1 loft unit & 4+1 loft unit.
    Price from $720psf to $780psf NEG.

wow, so many units for sale. I guess everyone who received the key was disappointed and rushed to sell before prices get lower and lower. Pp is probably not the only one disappointed.

PP Guest

Bought because of enbloc pressure. Now stuck lah. Try to sell, but agent said response not good. See if can rent lah. Not going to talk about it anymore.

Unregistered Guest

PP, I am very keen to get a unit and since you really want to sell, why don't you give me your agent's no?

Unregistered Guest

IT WILL HIT 1000PSF VERY SOON.
    agreed...........

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Latest transactions in Varsity Park

I think the good luck wish is for those who paid $800+ PSF!

The $700 psf is more reflective of VP's true value perhaps and not the $800+
    Hey there, I am the one that got myself a unit in VP for $800+ psf and have NO REGRET. Why are you guys so concern about what other people buy and complain that it is expensive? Let me tell you the truth about purchasing property, if you are still ignorant. Different units within a condo command different price because of the LAYOUT, FACING and FLOOR. I had a LIST of VP units (ranging from $680 - $820 psf) to choose from . YES, I could had easily purchased one at less than $700 psf which is either near Clementi Road or West Cost Road or just opposite CW. I didnot and was willing to pay higher for a unit with a Good LAYOUT & Open FACING. After I got my key and viewed my unit, I have no regrets about the quality of the kitchen and finishing. I even love the resort feeling of the surrounding and I am happily living here now. What would you say next, if you are not living here?

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: Latest transactions in Varsity Park

Hey there, I am the one that got myself a unit in VP for $800+ psf and have NO REGRET. Why are you guys so concern about what other people buy and complain that it is expensive? Let me tell you the truth about purchasing property, if you are still ignorant. Different units within a condo command different price because of the LAYOUT, FACING and FLOOR. I had a LIST of VP units (ranging from $680 - $820 psf) to choose from . YES, I could had easily purchased one at less than $700 psf which is either near Clementi Road or West Cost Road or just opposite CW. I didnot and was willing to pay higher for a unit with a Good LAYOUT & Open FACING. After I got my key and viewed my unit, I have no regrets about the quality of the kitchen and finishing. I even love the resort feeling of the surrounding and I am happily living here now. What would you say next, if you are not living here?
    Just don't bother what people says, u need to believe in yrself. Wait for the Masterplan 08 coming out around June, those sour grapes will disappear form this thread after that. Trust me.

Unregistered Guest

Just don't bother what people says, u need to believe in yrself. Wait for the Masterplan 08 coming out around June, those sour grapes will disappear form this thread after that. Trust me.
    Hi, do you know something that we don't know??

Unregistered Guest

Hi, do you know something that we don't know??
    West Coast Circle Line, hint hint hint!!!

Unregistered Guest

OMG, huat ah!!! huat ah!!! huat ah!!!

Unregistered Guest

What circle line?everyone know west coast station is near haw par villa, and nowhere near west coast.

Unregistered Guest

What circle line?everyone know west coast station is near haw par villa, and nowhere near west coast.
    Surprise!! Surprise!! Surprise.

Unregistered Guest

Yah, i dunno what some people on this forum are talking about! I got my keys early last week and i loved the whole development. Walking thru the development gives you the resort feel that you can't get from most condos. The finishings are nothing to complain about and the location? Yes, it's close to the port but how long does it take to drive to Shenton Way? 15 mins via AYE? How long does it take to drive to Orchard Road? 15 mins via Holland Road? It puzzles me how come people can be so negative about such a great condo. I bought my unit in VP to stay permanently and i'm glad the development turned out as it is now. For those who are hoping for the price to go higher so that you can make a profit, good luck to you. For me, i wouldn't sell it even if it hit 1300psf? What would i get as a replacement? Garden Vista?

Unregistered Guest

I live in the area and I own a condo nearby. Let me say we thank you for providing support for properties in our area. But frankly speaking, I was a bit surprised that you would pay 820 psf for VP. I jogged by everyday, and interacted with buyers who received the keys recently. Let me just say, the price is a bit high compared with what the owners think the place is worth. even the owners are somewhat put off by what they saw when they moved in.

Unregistered Guest

Yah, i dunno what some people on this forum are talking about! I got my keys early last week and i loved the whole development. Walking thru the development gives you the resort feel that you can't get from most condos. The finishings are nothing to complain about and the location? Yes, it's close to the port but how long does it take to drive to Shenton Way? 15 mins via AYE? How long does it take to drive to Orchard Road? 15 mins via Holland Road? It puzzles me how come people can be so negative about such a great condo. I bought my unit in VP to stay permanently and i'm glad the development turned out as it is now. For those who are hoping for the price to go higher so that you can make a profit, good luck to you. For me, i wouldn't sell it even if it hit 1300psf? What would i get as a replacement? Garden Vista?
    Garden Vista is facing as heavy traffic as VP but with one big difference that is GV is facing regular vehicle traffic but not disel container trucks running thru non-stop. Because of this, you can forget about getting an unit at GV
    since by the time VP reaches 1300psf, GV will be selling at 2000 psf. How?

Unregistered Guest

How what? I will still be staying in VP....

U so hero ah? Want to tell the whole world VP is crap... for what? Got money to win ah? U feel good pissing owners of VP off? U think the world will be a better place because u warned people about something u dun like? The joke is on you my friend. Get a life!

Unregistered Guest

Haha, good one! Yah lor, some people got good heart lah, they scared people stay in VP will get lung cancer becoz got many heavy trucks. they scared people take more than 15 mins to reach town. They scared people pay more to stay in condo that dont look like condo. These people got good heart.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down Re: Latest transactions in Varsity Park

I live in the area and I own a condo nearby. Let me say we thank you for providing support for properties in our area. But frankly speaking, I was a bit surprised that you would pay 820 psf for VP. I jogged by everyday, and interacted with buyers who received the keys recently. Let me just say, the price is a bit high compared with what the owners think the place is worth. even the owners are somewhat put off by what they saw when they moved in.
    Come on lah, don't come and bullshit lah. You think all the buyers are so free to stand outside and wave at you and interact with you???

You must be either a sour grapes or sour durian who have missed the boat last time. Get a life.

Unregistered Guest

Come on lah, don't come and bullshit lah. You think all the buyers are so free to stand outside and wave at you and interact with you???

You must be either a sour grapes or sour durian who have missed the boat last time. Get a life.
    It is said to see that many owners of VP posted here are so intellectual deficient. All they can do in dealing with negative comments (many of these are factual) is to accuse others either "sour grapes" or "losers who miss the boat" etc. Come on, grow up, if you don't know how to use facts to fight back or to bring out the positive points of VP, don't bother to do anything. You comments did not help at all in improving the overall image of VP

Unregistered Guest

When you decide to buy VP, it must be of certain reasons. Now that you've got the keys, either you'll live with it (rectify the defects,etc) or simply sell and move on (until you find your "perfect" home).

Unregistered Guest

It is said to see that many owners of VP posted here are so intellectual deficient. All they can do in dealing with negative comments (many of these are factual) is to accuse others either "sour grapes" or "losers who miss the boat" etc. Come on, grow up, if you don't know how to use facts to fight back or to bring out the positive points of VP, don't bother to do anything. You comments did not help at all in improving the overall image of VP
    they are not intellectually deficient. they say we are sour grapes or boast missers, and what not, because they cannot defend themselves. they cannot argue the finishings are good, and because everyone knows the finishings are just so so or not good. they cannot say that facilities are good, because they would be laughed at if they did.

All they can do is to lash back and accuse people who disagree with them of being sour grapes. funny thing is that how can people be jealous of such poorly built condos?

Unregistered Guest

The VP detractors are the ones who are intellectually deficient. If you scan through the various postings, there are many posts describing the positive points about VP. I will try to list a few and perhaps the others can include the other positive points.

1. Big open space
    2. low rise low density development
    3. Nice landscaping (some say "resort feel" but this is subjective)
    4. Good facilities (I especially like the children's playground in the wading pool)
    5. location relatively free from peak hour traffic
    6. no need to pay ERP unless driving into CBD
    7. not far from MRT (both circle line and Clementi station)
    8. located between the current CBD and the new Westside CBD to be developed in Jurong
    9. location relatively near Sentosa and Vivo
    10. next to NUS, Fong Seng and the prata shop
    11. wet market not far away (at Clementi West St 2)
    12. supermarkets not far away (West Coast Plaza, Seng Shiong, Clementi Centre)
    13. Walking distance to West Coast Park

As for the negative points, there are some points which I think are not in VP's favour;

1. near the container port (meaning a lot of trucks)
    2. heavy vehicle traffic along Clementi Road
    3. finishing is not great for a Capitaland project
    4. some say design is lousy, eg like Army barrracks, HDB, etc but this is subjective

I think it would be more constructive if people in this forum discuss the pros and cons objectively instead of either praising the development to the sky or thrashing it like dirt.

Unregistered Guest

The VP detractors are the ones who are intellectually deficient. If you scan through the various postings, there are many posts describing the positive points about VP. I will try to list a few and perhaps the others can include the other positive points.

1. Big open space
    4. Good facilities (I especially like the children's playground in the wading pool)
    8. located between the current CBD and the new Westside CBD to be developed in Jurong

As for the negative points, there are some points which I think are not in VP's favour;

4. some say design is lousy, eg like Army barrracks, HDB, etc but this is subjective

I think it would be more constructive if people in this forum discuss the pros and cons objectively instead of either praising the development to the sky or thrashing it like dirt.
    I find it pointless to argue with those who are not vested in VP as no matter what you say, their objective is to run down the project, be it positive or negative. All I can say is, to each his own, you buy it based on your own gut feel and you must have the self-confidence in yr own judgement.

I've got my keys now and I am enjoying every minute of it at VP. I think thats what is important to me.

Unregistered Guest

1. Big open space

I am sure many potential buyers of VP would appreciate your fair summary of many of the positive and negative points of VP.