Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    A forumer by the name of "chimera" really got it right. VP is indeed a "chimera", it is a union of "army barrack" and "HDB block design of the 70's"
    It should attract some buying interest from the wealthy baby boomers who were born in the 40's
    It will mainly be populated by NUS students, two to three in a room to save rent for each.

there have already been quite a few units offered by owners to potential renters. I cannot see a bright future for this condo.

I'm not sure about you, but this definitely doesn't look like an army barrack or HDB flat to me...

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luckytan
    I'm not sure about you, but this definitely doesn't look like an army barrack or HDB flat to me...
    yalor yalor....i also find it not that bad.....

but, alas, to me, it's just too near NUS.....may be highly popular/populated with overseas students....

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luckytan
    Err.. does look like student hostels though..

Unregistered Guest

Its quite reasonable that 6 couples can share a 3-bedder in this estate.The agent who sold me a unit in VP has just called me to say another agent would like rent units in VP as he has a group of under-grad who wants to rent here. The reason is they do not need to be subj to strict hostel rules (eg no doors can be closed if a boy and a girl is in the hostel room) and also dun have to participate in hostel ECAs to score points.

I generally prefer to rent to families 1st but i see a high probability that if i can't get my desired yield, i will rent to these under-grads. They offer quite good yield actually.

Unregistered Guest

Its quite reasonable that 6 couples can share a 3-bedder in this estate.The agent who sold me a unit in VP has just called me to say another agent would like rent units in VP as he has a group of under-grad who wants to rent here. The reason is they do not need to be subj to strict hostel rules (eg no doors can be closed if a boy and a girl is in the hostel room) and also dun have to participate in hostel ECAs to score points.

I generally prefer to rent to families 1st but i see a high probability that if i can't get my desired yield, i will rent to these under-grads. They offer quite good yield actually.
    i meant 3 couples....

Unregistered Guest

Went into Varsity Park yesterday with an agent as i was interested in getting a unit there. The development is beautiful! My whole family loved it. My kids were so excited when they saw the children's pool with the water spray thingy there. The landscaping is barely done up but already looks so fantastic. And when you are in there, the buildings are actually quite far apart... the pictures do not do any justice.

For those of you who have been writing bad about this condo based on pics and what you see from the outside, i have only one thing to say to you "Do not judge a book by it's cover"

To put money where my mouth is, my family and me have decided to purchase a 3 bedroom unit. Pity we did not get this earlier if not it would have been a bargain.

Unregistered Guest

Spastic... pls post pics of hostels that look like that here before making such claims. An unjustified claim makes you look stupid.

Unregistered Guest

Went into Varsity Park yesterday with an agent as i was interested in getting a unit there. The development is beautiful! My whole family loved it. My kids were so excited when they saw the children's pool with the water spray thingy there. The landscaping is barely done up but already looks so fantastic. And when you are in there, the buildings are actually quite far apart... the pictures do not do any justice.

For those of you who have been writing bad about this condo based on pics and what you see from the outside, i have only one thing to say to you "Do not judge a book by it's cover"

To put money where my mouth is, my family and me have decided to purchase a 3 bedroom unit. Pity we did not get this earlier if not it would have been a bargain.
    Care to share what is the asking price of that 3 bedroom unit in VP. Personally, I do not agree with most of the negative posts here about VP. Even if renting to NUS students, it is not bad an idea. Afterall, many condo like Heritage View or those around Dover Road, has many Uni students and lecturers. NUS students are the Elites of Singapore and I do not mind having potential high-flyers as my neighbours.

Unregistered Guest

Which hostel or HDB or Army Barrack in Singapore or in the world that look like those pictures taken in VP?

Unregistered Guest

Wow! Just saw the pics posted here... very impressive! Think i will go make an appt with the agent to make a visit next week. Was worried cos so many people criricise the development but after reading some of the credible postings and seeing the pics, i think these people criticising got huge question mark on their credibility. But i think i better reserve my comments first lah.... go see first then comment.....

Drove past this project just now. Saw many viewers with agents in the compound. Hmmmm... maybe I shall take a look at this project next week.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Drove past this project just now. Saw many viewers with agents in the compound. Hmmmm... maybe I shall take a look at this project next week.
    you "drove pass" abd you saw many agents? Did they carry a big banner telling you they are agents, moron? Did you actually mean you "walked pass"?
    It is OK, many well-to-do folks don't own cars.

you "drove pass" abd you saw many agents? Did they carry a big banner telling you they are agents, moron? Did you actually mean you "walked pass"?
    It is OK, many well-to-do folks don't own cars.
    The agents wore name tags and ties - who else would wear name tags and ties on Sundays? It is drove past, not drove pass- check your grammar.

Unregistered Guest

Blackjack, how many properties are you going to acquire. You have bought the infiniti, botannia, and carabelle. Now you are thinking buying VP? you are either a true billionaire or habitual lier.

Unregistered Guest

it is much ado about nothing. At the end of the day, no one bought and no one was able to sell. it is just a bunch of people with nothing better to do to kill time.

Unregistered Guest

it is much ado about nothing. At the end of the day, no one bought and no one was able to sell. it is just a bunch of people with nothing better to do to kill time.
    Yah, just like the people in this forum. Bunch of people with nothing better to do!

Unregistered Guest

Yah, just like the people in this forum. Bunch of people with nothing better to do!
    Basic courtesy is lacking in this forum! Comments should be constructive whether it is for or against vp. no personal attack please. I visit this Forum hoping to exchange information about vp .But what 1 hear so far are very abusive language against vp.

Unregistered Guest

You mad? We came in here to criticise VP also must show courtesy ah??? People like us with "nothing better to do" but come into forums and pissed owners off with our "senseless criticisms" will do as we liked! U be thankful we are civilsed to not insult you and your family!

Unregistered Guest

Care to share what is the asking price of that 3 bedroom unit in VP. Personally, I do not agree with most of the negative posts here about VP. Even if renting to NUS students, it is not bad an idea. Afterall, many condo like Heritage View or those around Dover Road, has many Uni students and lecturers. NUS students are the Elites of Singapore and I do not mind having potential high-flyers as my neighbours.
    I will be paying approx. 820psf, got nice pool view It's a little on the high side compared to people who bought it at launch price but my family loves the place for it's resort feel, the lovely landscapings and it's spacious open areas so decided to get this. Have been scouting for a place to stay for the last half a year and nothing we've seen comes close to this. Standing by the walkway between the buildings and looking at the nice swimming pool with the lush greenery surrounding us, it just ..... feels like home

As for those predictions of the development being swamped by students, i wouldn't worry too much about that. Schools around that area, NUS, ACS, Fairfeld Methodist, ACJC.... i welcome these people with open arms. Respectable schools. It's not like as if we have some dingy schools around there pretending to be schools but are cover up for foreign students working here as pleasure workers.

Unregistered Guest

Do join us at the VP resident's forum: http://varsitypark.forumer.com

I will be paying approx. 820psf, got nice pool view It's a little on the high side compared to people who bought it at launch price but my family loves the place for it's resort feel, the lovely landscapings and it's spacious open areas so decided to get this. Have been scouting for a place to stay for the last half a year and nothing we've seen comes close to this. Standing by the walkway between the buildings and looking at the nice swimming pool with the lush greenery surrounding us, it just ..... feels like home

As for those predictions of the development being swamped by students, i wouldn't worry too much about that. Schools around that area, NUS, ACS, Fairfeld Methodist, ACJC.... i welcome these people with open arms. Respectable schools. It's not like as if we have some dingy schools around there pretending to be schools but are cover up for foreign students working here as pleasure workers.

Unregistered Guest

Congrats for your new purchase. we wish you the best. but frankly speaking, which condos in Singapore don't look like this when pictures are taken at night with all the lights turned on. You need more space, try botannia, even more space is available there.

Unregistered Guest

Have you tried westcove, just across the street? It looks better than this at night with all the lights turned on. and it is selling for 600 psf.

Unregistered Guest

Have you tried westcove, just across the street? It looks better than this at night with all the lights turned on. and it is selling for 600 psf.
    Ai ya, agents everywhere trying to sell westcove and botannia, sian.

Unregistered Guest

Overcrowding is a problem with a large student body in a condo. The crowd the pool, and they make noise, and worst of all, they bring friends over on the weekend. With a such a small pool at VP, overcrowding is likely to happen.

Unregistered Guest

Blackjack, how many properties are you going to acquire. You have bought the infiniti, botannia, and carabelle. Now you are thinking buying VP? you are either a true billionaire or habitual lier.
    His is a liar and a retarded investor trying to fan up his rubbish purchases.

Unregistered Guest

Overcrowding is a problem with a large student body in a condo. The crowd the pool, and they make noise, and worst of all, they bring friends over on the weekend. With a such a small pool at VP, overcrowding is likely to happen.
    Yah, and VP also got a lot of young families which means lots of young kids and over the weekend these families going to invite their friends with young kids so the swimming pool going to be so crowded and noisy. All these screaming kids and bikini clad teenagers. Terrible! Best is to get Clementi Woods or Stellar or Westcove, these condos dun have such things. Only Varsity Park will have.

Unregistered Guest

Wah! 600psf only ah! Very good for students like us. If so cheap means rental will be cheaper too. VP now selling for 700 - 800 psf, rental too expensive for students like us.

Unregistered Guest

Wah! 600psf only ah! Very good for students like us. If so cheap means rental will be cheaper too. VP now selling for 700 - 800 psf, rental too expensive for students like us.
    With Billion Rise just opposite in a breakeven cost of $800psf, VP will hit $1000psf soon.

With Billion Rise just opposite in a breakeven cost of $800psf, VP will hit $1000psf soon.
    That's the reason why I am viewing VP this week.