Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Upper Bukit Timah and Bukit Timah are two different world in terms of property value. However, values of condos in upper bukit timah are not uniform, those closer to bukit timah will command better price and condos further away from bukit timah such as "linear" and "maysprings" will be least desirable. This is just my personal observations. Certainly, many finer aspects concerning the locations and neighbourhood in the proximity of the condo also need to take into consideration.
    I agree with you. As what the previous comment stated location location location.

Unregistered Guest

To see a non-linear design, you would be impressed by Carabelle:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi.../CARABELLE.htm
    Yes, Carabelle is better. but VP is cheaper. you get what you pay for. You pay a pittance, and you get a pittance in return.

Unregistered Guest

While i have not seen VP's build quality, it seems a reasonable buy (to stay) for the location, discounting that fact that it's 99 yrs lease.

However, at the back of my mind, I feel that a good percentage of buyers bought VP for renting out to students because of it's proximity to NUS and it is precisely because of this I did not consider VP at all. Not that they are to be blamed but i have seen flats being cramped with too many students for the rental to be affordable......

Yes, Carabelle is better. but VP is cheaper. you get what you pay for. You pay a pittance, and you get a pittance in return.

Unregistered Guest

wow I didn't know nowadays students can afford to pay at least $5000 a month for rental.There are a few condos near VP and NUS. Blue Horizon, WestBay etc and I don't see many students staying at these condo so what makes you think there will be many students staying at VP????so don't give this kind of stupid reason to talk down another condo.

Unregistered Guest

wow I didn't know nowadays students can afford to pay at least $5000 a month for rental.There are a few condos near VP and NUS. Blue Horizon, WestBay etc and I don't see many students staying at these condo so what makes you think there will be many students staying at VP????so don't give this kind of stupid reason to talk down another condo.
    Even if the rental rate for VP is 5K (probably can only fetch no more than 4K), I don't think it is a problem for students. Assuming 12 stduents share the rent, it is only about $400 a piece.

Unregistered Guest

The high rent you are talking about is a thing to worry about. Because of 5,000 high rent, more and more students have to cramp themselves into each unit to reduce the rent each student has to pay. For a 4 bd unit, cramping 8 students into it, or two to a room, would reduce the rent to $625, which many students can afford, even graduate students from china or india.

This can really happen! Lucky you to swim with NUS coeds.

Unregistered Guest

Wah lau! Siao!!! You people say VarsityPark so crap liao, you think we students have bad taste one issit? If the Condo really so crap, i will bring my money to The Stellar or other developments around the area to rent. Just because condo called Varsity means students must stay meh? Then issit all the people stay in Diary Farm are farmers?!?

U people wanna kao peh about Varsitypark please go ahead lah but dun take us students for fools ok???!? KNNBCCB....

Unregistered Guest

Wah lau! Siao!!! You people say VarsityPark so crap liao, you think we students have bad taste one issit? If the Condo really so crap, i will bring my money to The Stellar or other developments around the area to rent. Just because condo called Varsity means students must stay meh? Then issit all the people stay in Diary Farm are farmers?!?

U people wanna kao peh about Varsitypark please go ahead lah but dun take us students for fools ok???!? KNNBCCB....
    No, we are not Siao. who say that varsity park's name is the reason that students like the condo. Students will crowd VP because the rent there is likely to be lower, because it is so ugly. another reason is that the stellar and clementiwoods are not available yet.

Unregistered Guest

Is there website in Singapore with "Ugliness" rating? If yes, please post link here. thank you. I am looking for cheap private accomodation... some of us expats not paid so much and we trying to make ends meet and not care about looks of condo. I am happy that i can get cheap stay if condo not look good. Didn't know Singapore system work this way.
    Thank you.

Unregistered Guest

Wow! I see all these criticisms flying and while i am a little perturbed by the onslaught of attacks on the development, i am more amazed at how non-residents are being so vocal about it's apparent "Lack of beauty" Isn't there more things to be disturbed about? Like Singapore's ever worsening traffic or the lack of packing spaces at Public Hospitals or the influx of undesirable foreign workers? Aren't those issues so much more important than venting an otherwise meaningless frustration at a development?

I'm in this forum cos i am looking to get a unit around the VP area and i can't seem to find any constructive comments or criticisms about VP. The attacks seem to be hatred driven rather than purposeful. Anyone who has ACTUALLY been in Varsity Park and can give a proper account? I know of residents who can't even get in cos they have not received their letter to collect keys so not sure how come so many bystanders can come up with all these supposed educated criticisms.

U guys seriously gotta get a life....

Unregistered Guest

Yes, you are Siao! wtf?!? Now you all say VP say until so bad... me and my friends also dun want to rent VP and we will let all the students in NUS know about this. Can wait till the other developments come up but maybe that time also graduate liao... At least we can pass the word down so future students will all rent places like Clementi Wood and Stellar and avoid VP. If more students rent these places then competition higher and rental cheaper... best for us!

Unregistered Guest

Wow! I see all these criticisms flying and while i am a little perturbed by the onslaught of attacks on the development, i am more amazed at how non-residents are being so vocal about it's apparent "Lack of beauty" Isn't there more things to be disturbed about? Like Singapore's ever worsening traffic or the lack of packing spaces at Public Hospitals or the influx of undesirable foreign workers? Aren't those issues so much more important than venting an otherwise meaningless frustration at a development?

I'm in this forum cos i am looking to get a unit around the VP area and i can't seem to find any constructive comments or criticisms about VP. The attacks seem to be hatred driven rather than purposeful. Anyone who has ACTUALLY been in Varsity Park and can give a proper account? I know of residents who can't even get in cos they have not received their letter to collect keys so not sure how come so many bystanders can come up with all these supposed educated criticisms.

U guys seriously gotta get a life....
    there are many photos of VP posted in this forum. the "storm" started when someone posted these photos. these photos may be of help to you to rent or reject VP.

Don't say the naysayers are driven by hate. who do they hate? they are just voicing opinions after seeing the photos.

i lived near by. I see VP everyday. I am not driven by hate. but I agree some of the comments. this is not a good looking condo. the comments about this condo becoming students' hostels. yes, it is likely to happen especially for graduate students from overseas.

Unregistered Guest

I say hatred driven cos the words of harshness used are so strong and frankly words like "zoo", "shit" are definitely not constructive criticisms. I have seen the photos and they do not warrant the criticisms cast upon the development. But i do agree that beauty is subjective and while it may not be the nicest looking condo, it definitely isn't the worst either and i can't, in my best of efforts, imagine and co-relate the development to an army barrack or a zoo.

So yes, i am still of the opinion that the naysayers have some hidden agenda in passing their criticisms. A frivolous afterthought about these critiques are "Do they walk pass a family, think that the wife is ugly and goes up to the husband and say "Gosh, your wife seriously looks like like a whore!" ?"

I drove pass VP the other day and personally, i dun like the way the units are designed to form a long block of flats and what's up with that signage?!? But still, from the photos, i think it definitely looks like a place i wouldn't have problems staying in... It's afterall an entry level condo so what on earth are people expecting?!?

Unregistered Guest

I say hatred driven cos the words of harshness used are so strong and frankly words like "zoo", "shit" are definitely not constructive criticisms. I have seen the photos and they do not warrant the criticisms cast upon the development. But i do agree that beauty is subjective and while it may not be the nicest looking condo, it definitely isn't the worst either and i can't, in my best of efforts, imagine and co-relate the development to an army barrack or a zoo.

So yes, i am still of the opinion that the naysayers have some hidden agenda in passing their criticisms. A frivolous afterthought about these critiques are "Do they walk pass a family, think that the wife is ugly and goes up to the husband and say "Gosh, your wife seriously looks like like a whore!" ?"

I drove pass VP the other day and personally, i dun like the way the units are designed to form a long block of flats and what's up with that signage?!? But still, from the photos, i think it definitely looks like a place i wouldn't have problems staying in... It's afterall an entry level condo so what on earth are people expecting?!?
    I agree with your views. not the prettiest condo in Singapore, but not as bad as the zoo or army barracks.

I guess some many are ganging up on this condo, because they find it funny the developer has the gall to call this resort living. it is far from that. agree?

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

sorry, asking psf remain high

Unregistered Guest

VP is yucks.

Chimera Guest

VP seriously Rocks!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera
    VP seriously Rocks!
    You meant VP rocks seriously?

Unregistered Guest

You meant VP rocks seriously?
    Yeah, I saw it rocked seriously this morning when a stream of container semi-traliers passed by.

Unregistered Guest

I agree with your views. not the prettiest condo in Singapore, but not as bad as the zoo or army barracks.

I guess some many are ganging up on this condo, because they find it funny the developer has the gall to call this resort living. it is far from that. agree?
    Not resort living, nor zoo living or barracks living. Just basic condo living. It will become a student hostel in a year or two, whether the residents like it or not. they have no say anyway.

Unregistered Guest

Not resort living, nor zoo living or barracks living. Just basic condo living. It will become a student hostel in a year or two, whether the residents like it or not. they have no say anyway.
    Wah, you so smart to predict, can also give some predictions of singapore shares? maybe 4d numbers? you so smart i think you must be very rich that's why got so much time to come to forum and play computer hero

Unregistered Guest

Wah, you so smart to predict, can also give some predictions of singapore shares? maybe 4d numbers? you so smart i think you must be very rich that's why got so much time to come to forum and play computer hero
    Singapore shares will go down another 20% to 30% before stablizing. property stocks will go down another 50%. I don't do 4d. that is for blue color workers.

Unregistered Guest

Singapore shares will go down another 20% to 30% before stablizing. property stocks will go down another 50%. I don't do 4d. that is for blue color workers.
    There is no such thing as "blue color worker", it is "blue collar worker".

Unregistered Guest

don't cry, wait for Bullion Rise

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

don't cry, wait for Bullion Rise
    I share the same sentiment with you. Those HKers hv sharp eyes, I am pretty confident we will have the last laugh. The minute I know about Bullion Rise, I told myself I've strike the jackpot. Huat ah!!!!

Unregistered Guest

wat's bullion rise? New development around West Coast?

Unregistered Guest

I share the same sentiment with you. Those HKers hv sharp eyes, I am pretty confident we will have the last laugh. The minute I know about Bullion Rise, I told myself I've strike the jackpot. Huat ah!!!!
    When you bid 75% more than the next bid, it just won't look good no matter how you cut and has nothing to do whether the value will rise 10-fold later

Unregistered Guest

When you bid 75% more than the next bid, it just won't look good no matter how you cut and has nothing to do whether the value will rise 10-fold later
    Aiyah! Why care so much?
    Most important thing with this Bullion Rise thingy is "Huat Ah"! Agreed?

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Aiyah! Why care so much?
    Most important thing with this Bullion Rise thingy is "Huat Ah"! Agreed?
    Of course, for those who have vested in WC/PP area, well done. For those who have not, you will gonna miss the boat again. Well, for those who have bought VP, don't worry whether they are army barracks or whatnot, as long as PSF going go up in the future when Bullion Rise pulls up the rest, you will end up staying in a expensive army barracks. I am going down this weekend to take a look at VP. I may well end up buying it, be it army barracks or pigeon hole. HUAT AH!!!!

Unregistered Guest

Of course, for those who have vested in WC/PP area, well done. For those who have not, you will gonna miss the boat again. Well, for those who have bought VP, don't worry whether they are army barracks or whatnot, as long as PSF going go up in the future when Bullion Rise pulls up the rest, you will end up staying in a expensive army barracks. I am going down this weekend to take a look at VP. I may well end up buying it, be it army barracks or pigeon hole. HUAT AH!!!!
    A forumer by the name of "chimera" really got it right. VP is indeed a "chimera", it is a union of "army barrack" and "HDB block design of the 70's"
    It should attract some buying interest from the wealthy baby boomers who were born in the 40's