Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    I took some photo while I was in VP 2 weekends ago. You can conclude if it is like army barrack or HDB flats..
    Looks horrible! Are we back in the 70's? What the hell is this VP condo? Even the ugly holiday chalets over at east coast park looks better than VP. The owners are in deep shit now, haha.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Reality check : When Varsity Park was sold by the developers 3 or 4 years ago, the prices were merely $400 plus psf. So expect design and finishing standard for that kind of price range. Clementi Woods should have better standard of finishing, even more so for Botannia , which all came later, when Developers were able to price the units at $600 plus and $800 plus psf.
    By looking at the finishing and surroundings, i think VP is only worth $300psf.

Unregistered Guest

Its really so sad to see people like you in the forums. Hope you are not singaporeans. If you are, singapore is in deep trouble.

Unregistered Guest

as someone who has seen the units after TOP, i can tell straight away how biased and wrong your views are. first the furnishings are surprisingly decent, much much better than the nearby blue horizon which was by FEO(i know because i am staying there now). second there are ample, in fact big spaces for both kids and adults to roam about. there is a kids pool, which is not connected to the adults pool and they have a rather unique tree house too. so next time before you make any comments at least check it out first. otherwise you will look plain stupid. unless thats's your intention- look and sound stupid.
    Calm down, don't call people names just because they disagree with you. I agree that the density of blocks for this project is too high. it is high because the plot ratio is 1.6, but each block is only five stories high. For projects with blocks 12 stories high or higher, as is the case with Carabelle and Botannia, there will be 100 % more or more space to build facilities or for kids to roam. How can you deny that? numbers cannot lie.

Unregistered Guest

Its really so sad to see people like you in the forums. Hope you are not singaporeans. If you are, singapore is in deep trouble.
    Singapore is just like any other country with a mix of peoples from different backgrounds, education level, moral values and .....
    If you think this forumer is not a decent man, so be it......
    I don't see any point to worry about Singapore's future because of one person made some comments that you don't consider decent.
    If Singapore is full of peoples like you, I guess we need to worry about it.

Unregistered Guest

More like worthless, looks like some 80's condo gone wrong.

Unregistered Guest

VP is so shitty that hotel81 looks beautiful.

Unregistered Guest

Can you enlighten us on reasons that old condo like Blue Horizon can fetch higher price than the brand new VP?
    Blue horizon fetches high prices because it has more open space as the blocks are up to 35 stories high although the plot ratio is 3.5 versus 1.6 for VP. I visited both condos before, and you can breathe more easily at blue horizon. Living in VP is like living in a nigh market, surrounded by neighbors and with no place to go for your priviate moments. You look out the front windows, there are your neighbours, you look out the back and side windows, there are your neighbors. You get the picture.

Unregistered Guest

Blue horizon fetches high prices because it has more open space as the blocks are up to 35 stories high although the plot ratio is 3.5 versus 1.6 for VP. I visited both condos before, and you can breathe more easily at blue horizon. Living in VP is like living in a nigh market, surrounded by neighbors and with no place to go for your priviate moments. You look out the front windows, there are your neighbours, you look out the back and side windows, there are your neighbors. You get the picture.
    Yah man, like living in the malay village in geylang serai. Sick place to live in.

Unregistered Guest

Yah man, like living in the malay village in geylang serai. Sick place to live in.
    VP would be the first to be commissioned by the government in war time and used as army barracks. It is easier for officers to keep tracks of their men since the blocks are so close together.

Unregistered Guest

Bankruptcies sneak back despite good times

Situation could worsen if economy slows and people start losing their jobs

By SIOW LI SEN

(SINGAPORE) Despite full employment and robust economic growth, the number of people facing financial ruin has begun to rise.

After falling from a high in 2004, the number of bankruptcy petitions and orders has begun to flatten and the delinquency rate for credit card holders has started to go up.

Lawyers and those involved in bankruptcy counselling say new bankrupts tend to be younger and are mainly men. Also showing up are parents who acted as guarantors for their children.

While the upward trend is far from alarming as it springs from a very low base, the situation could turn bleaker if the economy slows down and some people lose their jobs.

'As far as I am aware, 99.9 per cent of the people made bankrupt are holding jobs; they complain that their salary is too low to pay (the debt) and that they have a family to feed,' said Aaron Chan, Advent Law director.

The economy expanded 7.5 per cent last year and the unemployment rate was 2.1 per cent - a 10-year low. The National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) said retrenchments hit a 14-year-low, while unionised firms paid out the fattest bonuses in 18 years.

Yet people seem to be living beyond their means.

'When the country is doing well, there's a feel-good factor and people just want to spend,' said Mr Chan, who has been a banking litigation lawyer for some 15 years.

He said the weekly list which comes out for bankruptcy hearings includes professionals such as lawyers and doctors.

But these professionals usually pay up at this stage as they would not be allowed to practise if they were made bankrupt, Mr Chan said.

Creditors can petition for a person to be made bankrupt once the debt exceeds $10,000.

Leong Sze Hian, president of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, volunteers at the Official Assignee's office. He said the number of bankrupts could be even higher as creditors are holding back.

In January this year, there were 292 petitions for bankruptcy and 215 bankruptcy orders were passed. In 2007, the average monthly bankruptcy petitions stood at 268 and the orders at 230, according to the Insolvency & Public Trustee's Office.

In the works is a debt repayment scheme to help debtors avoid bankruptcy.

Since he began counselling debtors two years ago, Mr Leong said he noticed that a number of new bankrupts seem younger, and are overwhelmingly men.

Bankrupts include those who have problems paying rent for their HDB shops as well as those who cannot pay the bank loans for their HDB homes.

In addition, quite a few are parents who acted as guarantors for the unsecured credit taken out by their children, Mr Leong said.

There was also one case of a man who did not own a car but was bankrupted for his certificate of entitlement (COE) bid.

He had bid $8,000 for the COE but found his application for a car loan rejected by a bank, said Mr Leong. With fees and charges, his debt snowballed to over $10,000, he said.

Credit Bureau (Singapore) Pte Ltd data shows that the number of delinquent credit card holders began rising steadily from July last year.

In December, there were 14,379 delinquent credit card holders representing a delinquency rate of 1.42 per cent against 11,346 or 1.16 per cent in July.

Said Credit Bureau general manager Mark Rowley: 'I agree that we are seeing some early signs that delinquency is trending upwards although arguably off a low base. The numbers over the next few months will be interesting.'

Credit Bureau's data also shows that a majority of those having payment problems are between 21 and 44 years old, and men make up almost 70 per cent.

Some 80 per cent have credit cards with at least two banks. In most cases, the delinquent owes less than $5,000.

Unregistered Guest

You mean BH has more open car park space? Yes, those HDB upgraders sure missed the multi storey car park and they love to call it a must facility that they need to have. Heard many of them hate underground carpark like the one in VP.

Chimera Guest

Dunno about the other owners of VP but as far as i am concerned, if this is shit we are living in, gosh it sure is a nice piece of shit! I know i certainly will be spending the next few years basking in this army barracks, malay village, hdb looking, condo. Can't wait to get my keys!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera
    Dunno about the other owners of VP but as far as i am concerned, if this is shit we are living in, gosh it sure is a nice piece of shit! I know i certainly will be spending the next few years basking in this army barracks, malay village, hdb looking, condo. Can't wait to get my keys!
    You will breathing shit too. there is a endless stream of lorries and container trucks plying the clementi road, spewing carcinogenic diesel fume to make the air aromatic for you. Hope you don facial masks when you sleep at night. Your kids will need them too.

Unregistered Guest

So a 1600sqft unit should sell at $400k plus ? Even cheaper than an HDB ? I like to take 2 units please. You wish !

Unregistered Guest

If, like you, singapore tries to muzzle those with different opinions, then we are in real trouble. Please give each a voice, no matter how silly it is in your judgment.

Unregistered Guest

You will breathing shit too. there is a endless stream of lorries and container trucks plying the clementi road, spewing carcinogenic diesel fume to make the air aromatic for you. Hope you don facial masks when you sleep at night. Your kids will need them too.
    Haha... bring the shit on! Best thing is despite all the fumes and shit i roll myself in, i'll still look better than people like you. Life is GRREEEEAAAT!!!!

Hope you are enjoying being juvenile as much as i do

Unregistered Guest

Haha... bring the shit on! Best thing is despite all the fumes and shit i roll myself in, i'll still look better than people like you. Life is GRREEEEAAAT!!!!

Hope you are enjoying being juvenile as much as i do
    Hey hey, don't feel depressed. Count yourself among the lucky. While you will live in shitty condo that you are ashamed of and would never show to your friends and relatives, at least you have a condo. Not all singaporeans can say that.

But honestly, let's not get carried away, and call this resort living. It is not resort living. it is more like zoo living. the brown bars on the balcony, and the resemblance of each unit to a cage, and the cramming of so many blocks into such a small piece of land, makes it feel like zoo.

Unregistered Guest

Leading Economic Indicators in U.S. Probably Fell in February

By Courtney Schlisserman

March 20 (Bloomberg) -- The index of U.S. leading economic indicators fell for a fifth month in February, reflecting mounting signs that a recession has begun, economists said before a report today.

The Conference Board's gauge, which points to the direction of the economy over the next three to six months, fell 0.3 percent last month, according to the median forecast in a Bloomberg News survey. The last time the index dropped for as many months was in 1990, when the economy was shrinking.

The leading index dropped as building permits, stock prices and consumer sentiment sank and first-time claims for jobless benefits jumped. Federal Reserve policy makers this week said risks to growth remain even after lowering the benchmark interest rate and making billions of dollars available to banks and securities firms to try to stabilize financial markets.

``A losing streak of five months is usually reserved for recessionary periods,'' said Jonathan Basile, an economist at Credit Suisse Holdings in New York. ``Once the labor market cracks, like it did last month, it shows the cycle is starting to turn down.''

The Conference Board, a New York-based non-profit research group, is scheduled to issue the report at 10 a.m. local time. The 58 estimates in the Bloomberg News survey ranged from a 0.7 percent decline to an increase of 0.2 percent.

Reports so far this month signal the leading index will keep falling. A report from the Labor Department due at 8:30 a.m. in Washington is forecast to show that initial jobless claims rose to 360,000 last week, according to the median survey projection.

Rising Claims

Applications for unemployment benefits last month averaged 359,200, compared with 326,500 in January, according to Labor Department figures.

A 10:00 a.m. report from the Fed Bank of Philadelphia is forecast to show manufacturing in the region contracted for a fourth month in March.

Seven of the 10 components of the leading index are known ahead of time: stock prices, jobless claims, building permits, consumer expectations, the yield curve, supplier delivery times and factory hours. The Conference Board estimates the remaining three: new orders for consumer goods, new orders for non-defense capital goods and the money supply.

Building permits for February fell 7.8 percent to an annual pace of 707,000, the lowest level in more than 16 years, the Commerce Department said on March 18.

The Reuters/University of Michigan index of consumer expectations dropped to the lowest level since 1992 last month and a preliminary reading for March, issued last week, showed the measure is still declining.

Spending Cools

Americans are spending less as pessimism grows. AnnTaylor Stores Corp., the clothing retailer geared toward women ages 25 to 55, last week reported a fourth-quarter loss and said same- store sales may decline in 2008.

The deteriorating economy had a ``major impact'' on store traffic, Chief Executive Officer Kay Krill said in a March 14 conference call.

``Downside risks to the economy remain,'' Fed policy makers said in a March 18 statement announcing the central bank lowered its target for the benchmark rate by three-quarters of a point to 2.25 percent. The Fed has cut the rate by three percentage points since September.

On March 16, the central bank also lowered the rate on direct loans to banks and said it will provide up to $30 billion to JPMorgan Chase & Co. to help finance the purchase of Bear Stearns Cos. after a run on the fifth-largest U.S. securities dealer.

More Funding

Less than a week earlier, the Fed said it would make up to $200 billion in Treasuries available through weekly auctions in exchange for other securities that for the first time will include those backed by mortgages issued by private lenders.

Companies are counting on gains overseas as the U.S. economy slows. General Electric Co. Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Immelt told investors on March 13 that demand for the company's products from infrastructure projects and growth in Europe, Asia and Africa is helping offset any drag from a slump in the U.S.

``I still believe in the strength of the global economy now, but the U.S. consumer is in a tougher patch,'' Immelt said in a forum on the company's Web site.

Unregistered Guest

....It is not resort living. it is more like zoo living. the brown bars on the balcony, and the resemblance of each unit to a cage, and the cramming of so many blocks into such a small piece of land, makes it feel like zoo.
    Dude. Go take a look inside before you make such comments. Check the size of the site before you call it a small piece of land. I've been to BH as well and although it is true that from those apartments facing the sea, they have nice unblocked views, the size of the public area is far smaller than what you can find in VP. I have not been to Carabelle so I shall not comment on Carabelle. As for CW, I've seen the mock-up when they launched the project. I stand corrected but I think the common area is also far smaller compared with VP.

Chimera Guest

Hey hey, don't feel depressed. Count yourself among the lucky. While you will live in shitty condo that you are ashamed of and would never show to your friends and relatives, at least you have a condo. Not all singaporeans can say that.

But honestly, let's not get carried away, and call this resort living. It is not resort living. it is more like zoo living. the brown bars on the balcony, and the resemblance of each unit to a cage, and the cramming of so many blocks into such a small piece of land, makes it feel like zoo.
    Hur? when did i give you the impression that i am feeling depressed or ashamed? I am PROUD of Varsity Park and i openly declare it! Like i said, even if it looks like an army barracks or a zoo with cages or hdb or looks and smells like shit, i am still loving it. If you hate the development so much then count yourself lucky that you didn't buy one. I love the development to bits and i count myself lucky to own a unit. Life is GOoOOoOoOd!!!!

Unregistered Guest

Dude. Go take a look inside before you make such comments. Check the size of the site before you call it a small piece of land. I've been to BH as well and although it is true that from those apartments facing the sea, they have nice unblocked views, the size of the public area is far smaller than what you can find in VP. I have not been to Carabelle so I shall not comment on Carabelle. As for CW, I've seen the mock-up when they launched the project. I stand corrected but I think the common area is also far smaller compared with VP.
    i dont think you should bother replying to these posts, in fact, dont bother coming to this website anymore as you wont find any sensible, logical, spiteless comments or views, only people who like to run down others' estates for some pleasures. its pathetic. probably neuronic or mental case. its the only pleasure they can derive from their life. i remember there was one mad dog (so called by other posters) on the condo.com website, who goes round pissing at every other thread. its kinda funny actually. bet he is here. this is my last post and my last time visiting this wayang site. cheers.

Unregistered Guest

i dont think you should bother replying to these posts, in fact, dont bother coming to this website anymore as you wont find any sensible, logical, spiteless comments or views, only people who like to run down others' estates for some pleasures. its pathetic. probably neuronic or mental case. its the only pleasure they can derive from their life. i remember there was one mad dog (so called by other posters) on the condo.com website, who goes round pissing at every other thread. its kinda funny actually. bet he is here. this is my last post and my last time visiting this wayang site. cheers.
    you are right- most of the comments are worthless and no one would take them seriously anyway.

Unregistered Guest

[QUOTE=Unregistered]Calm down, don't call people names just because they disagree with you. I agree that the density of blocks for this project is too high. it is high because the plot ratio is 1.6, but each block is only five stories high. For projects with blocks 12 stories high or higher, as is the case with Carabelle and Botannia, there will be 100 % more or more space to build facilities or for kids to roam. How can you deny that? numbers cannot lie.[/QUOTEn

until you have stepped into VP and BH and see the difference then you make the judgement- thats what the poster is saying.

Unregistered Guest

go get a life please, if you can find one.

Unregistered Guest

Come on! even brand new HDB would look nice. Wait a few years, you may have a different view on VP

is he talking about the facade? i think he is talking about finishing right? you dont need a few years to tell if the finishings are nice or right??

Unregistered Guest

reading through the many posts here- i wonder why these VP haters are so free and actually bother to post on this thread that has nothing to do with them (well i assume since they hate VP so much they cant be residents right)? REALLY NOTHING BETTER TO DO.

Unregistered Guest

reading through the many posts here- i wonder why these VP haters are so free and actually bother to post on this thread that has nothing to do with them (well i assume since they hate VP so much they cant be residents right)? REALLY NOTHING BETTER TO DO.
    Oh, come on. Don't be so harsh on these guys. VP is really ugly, as you would say after seeing those photos.

Unregistered Guest

every condo has its own merits.

BH has height advantage, better view and only has 2 and 3 bedrooms, more suited for yuppies/singles or small families as the units are smaller in size.

VP sits on huge land, 2, 3 & 4 bedroom, more suited for small to extended families. both have full facilities so there's really nothing much to compare here.

Unregistered Guest

you are right- most of the comments are worthless and no one would take them seriously anyway.
    yes, worthless because the comments are negative. worth a lot more if they are positive. right? I guess that is why sweet talkers always get ahead in this world. their opinions are always respected.