Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosewood Suites (D25, 99 years, EL Development)

Default New Condo in Woodlands (Rosewood Drive)

Dear All,

There will be a new condo in Rosewood Drive area coming up soon.
    Preview will be coming this month.

It is a 99yrs leasehold condo with full facilities. There will be 200 units comprising of 1 Bedroom - 4 Bedrooms Penthouse.

Prices will be $6xx psf. Priced to sell!

If you are interested and would like more details, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Cheers,
    Kelvin
    Propnex

time to tighten belts!

Do not over commit.

Wah Lau Guest

wah lau, 200 units in this kind of cock locatn n 99y sme mre how to market? If ths dev is a sellout pig will soar into the sky

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Do not over commit.
    Do not don't buy too.

anywhere but... Guest

buy anywhere in central but not anywhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by Unreg¡stered
    Do not don't buy too.

Question Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anywhere but...
    buy anywhere in central but not anywhere else...
    What is central?
    D1, D2, D3, D4, D7, D8, D9, D10 and D11?

CCR N RCR Guest

core central region and rest of central region. Look at URA website n u cn c it. These areas r the blue chips in pty
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    What is central?
    D1, D2, D3, D4, D7, D8, D9, D10 and D11?

Bad investment Guest

Woodland condos depreciate very fast and very hard to sell.
    Too much competition in mass market segment in that area.

Look at Woodsvale. At 500$ psf also cant find buyers.
    Casablanca 2 room selling for 500K.

Worst possible time to launch a new condo in Woodland.

Default Rosewood Suites (D25, 99 years, EL Development)

Any comments on Rosewood Suites?

Visited the showflat and came away quite impressed with the place on the whole. The condo comes equipped with a full suite of amenities including a 50m lap pool. Located along Rosewood Drive, the neighbourhood is very tranquil and serene despite being walking distance to Causeway Point and the Woodlands MRT.

We are looking at either a 2+1 or 3 bedroom in the North so as to be near our parents and Rosewood Suites appears to fit the bill and more importantly our pockets (prices ranging from $580 - $650 psf)! With a 2+1/ 3-bedroom starting from <500K, the place seems affordable and value for money.

The only reservation I have is that the developer EL Development is relatively unfamiliar to me.

Any comments on the developer EL Development?

jazzzz Guest

My wife and I finally placed a deposit for one of the units during the weekend sales preview after much deliberation. Honestly, it was quite painful having to fork out so much money for the deposit but we really love the development for its excellent location in Woodlands, resort ambience with its generous water features and comprehensive suite of amenities including a basketball court. However, what really sealed the deal for us was the attractive pricing of approx $560 psf!

Hope to hear from more Rosewood Suites owners/ potential owners on what they like about the development. Let’s keep this thread going!

Spin, did you get a unit in the end?

jazzzz Guest

My wife and I finally placed a deposit for one of the units during the weekend sales preview after much deliberation. Honestly, it was quite painful having to fork out so much money for the deposit but we really love the development for its excellent location in Woodlands, resort ambience with its generous water features and comprehensive suite of amenities including a basketball court. However, what really sealed the deal for us was the attractive pricing of approx $560 psf!

Hope to hear from more Rosewood Suites owners/ potential owners on what they like about the development. Let’s keep this thread going!

Spin, did you get a unit in the end?

cheeze Guest

Hi jazzz & spin, glad to see a thread on Rosewood Suites! We've also booked a unit there.

Well, here’s my take on what I like about this development:

1) Absolute price of the unit that we like is within my budget (between 600k to 650k)

2) Price per square foot is very reasonable at $550++ psf for a 2/ 3 bedroom.

3) We find the development to very appealing for the following reasons:-
    - Good location in Woodlands (walking distance to Woodlands MRT and Causeway Point shopping mall are big draws for us).
    - Efficient layout means I’m getting greater value for my dollar
    - Full amenities and nice modern facade
    - Medium size project with only 200 units avail. Most mass market projects these days such as Livia and Clover have > 600 units each. Imagine, if I were to assume a very conservative 3 residents per household unit, I’ll be looking at vying with 1,800 people for the use of the pool or gym during the weekends!
    - Rosewood area and nearby woodgrove are designated for private property development only. This translates into greater exclusivity for residents.

4) Monthly maintenance fee at $210 (2 bedroom) and $245 (3 bedroom) is very reasonable when compared to HDB conservancy fees (including parking) of $160+ since I’ll get to enjoy the use of the lap pool, gym and an overall nicer living environment.

Hope I'm not too late in replying to this thread. See you around neighbours!

optraman Guest

Hi Cheeze,

Can you share what size of the unit (2 or 3 bedroom) that you book and the price ?

I was there the last weekend (9 Nov) but was quoted by the Agent around 780K for a 3 bedroom unit (about 1300 sqf) which is non pool facing. Turn out to be about $600 / sqf.

Anyone close at 500 - 550/ sqf. Please share

Rosemary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cheeze

1) Absolute price of the unit that we like is within my budget (between 600k to 650k)

2) Price per square foot is very reasonable at $550++ psf for a 2/ 3 bedroom.
    Hi Cheeze

Which agent quoted you those prices?
    I couldnt find any decent 2/3 br for less than 600$ psf

Quote Originally Posted by optraman
    Hi Cheeze,

Can you share what size of the unit (2 or 3 bedroom) that you book and the price ?

I was there the last weekend (9 Nov) but was quoted by the Agent around 780K for a 3 bedroom unit (about 1300 sqf) which is non pool facing. Turn out to be about $600 / sqf.

Hi optraman,

If you are looking at 3 bedroom of 1259 sqft of a non pool facing, there are defintely units that are around $570psf.

Feel free to contact me @ 93369034 if you have any enquiries with regards to this development.

Regards,
    Kelvin
    PropNex

jazzzz Guest

Hi Cheeze,

Hey cheeze, hasn’t found the time to check this thread of late but it's great to know that the Rosewood Suites community here is growing!

Optraman, we bought the non-pool facing 1,1xx sq feet (sorry, I got to go home and check if you want the exact size) 3-bedroom unit at Rosewood Suites for $665K which works out to be about $560+ psf. Developer offers 2 financing schemes: progressive and non-progressive, we decided to take up the progressive payment scheme after much discussion.

If you want to enjoy the more preferential rates and assuming your finances allow, I would advise you to take up the progressive payment scheme as I remember the savings to be pretty substantial.

jazzzz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary
    Hi Cheeze

Rosemary, not quite sure what’s your definition of a ‘decent’ 2/ 3 bedroom but there are many layouts for 2/ 3 bedroom units so you should be able to find a unit that is to your liking. If the unit that you like is from an unreleased stack, you can actually check with your agent on the indicative price range.

cheeze Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jazzzz
    Hey cheeze, hasn’t found the time to check this thread of late but it's great to know that the Rosewood Suites community here is growing!

Optraman, we bought the non-pool facing 1,1xx sq feet (sorry, I got to go home and check if you want the exact size) 3-bedroom unit at Rosewood Suites for $665K which works out to be about $560+ psf. Developer offers 2 financing schemes: progressive and non-progressive, we decided to take up the progressive payment scheme after much discussion.

If you want to enjoy the more preferential rates and assuming your finances allow, I would advise you to take up the progressive payment scheme as I remember the savings to be pretty substantial.
    Jazzzzz, is this your first property purchase? It’s my first so it’s great that we have a thread here to share our experience.

cheeze Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary
    Hi Cheeze

Rosemary, I was served by a Propnex agent. I can give you his contact if you’re keen.

cheeze Guest

Hi Cheeze,

Optraman, we bought a 1200+ sq feet unit which faces the water garden with hanging hammocks. We paid about $660+K for our unit which works out to be less than $550 psf. My cousin bought a unit at Rosewood Suites too. I can check with him on the price he paid for it if you’re interested.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/St...ry_302149.html

November 14, 2008 Friday

Condo launch goes ahead despite gloom

Developer to roll out Woodlands project on back of solid soft launch

By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

Prices at the 200-unit, 99-year leasehold development start from $435,000 for a two-bedroom unit and go up to $1.1 million for a four-bedroom ground floor unit. -- PHOTO: EL DEVELOPMENT

A DEVELOPER is rolling out a rare condominium launch in Woodlands this weekend - optimistic that lower-than-planned prices will draw buyers, despite the gloomy market conditions.

EL Development is launching the 99-year leasehold, 200-unit Rosewood Suites at $580 per sq ft (psf) on average.

The developer held a sneak preview to test the market a fortnight ago and then a soft launch last weekend, when it sold half of the 60 units launched.

Launches have been few and far between in recent months as most developers continue to hold off, given the volatile markets and poor sentiment.

'We tested the market...and we were pleasantly surprised that the response was good, so we are going ahead with the launch,' said Mr Lim Yew Soon, managing director of EL Development, a unit of local builder Evan Lim & Co.

'If we had waited till next year, there would be a lot of competition. It's better to have a first-mover advantage.'

Rosewood Suites is a five-storey development with one- to four-bedroom apartments. It is in Rosewood Drive, next to the 99-year, 478-unit Casablanca condominium and opposite Innova Junior College. The popular suburban mall, Causeway Point, and Woodlands MRT station are both within walking distance.

Prices start from $435,000 for a two-bedroom unit and go up to $1.1 million for a four-bedroom ground-floor unit. This works out to $500psf to $660psf.

'Our earlier price expectations were higher. We benchmarked current prices against the prices of older condos in the area,' said Mr Lim. Those who bought at the soft launch received a 2 per cent discount from these price levels, he said.

'It is a fair value in today's market,' said Knight Frank director of research and consultancy Nicholas Mak. 'There has not been a major development launch in the area for a long time so there will be some latent HDB upgrader demand.'

Mr Lim said the buyers were mostly dwellers of nearby flats and condominiums. There are two other condominiums in Rosewood Drive - Casablanca and Rosewood.

At Casablanca, two caveats lodged in September and October showed that two 1,184sqft units were sold at $541psf and $549psf, or $640,000 and $650,000.

Caveats lodged in the same months at the 437-unit Rosewood showed that two 1,173sqft units were sold for $537psf to $550psf, or at $630,000 and $645,000.

Rosewood Suites' penthouses, priced from $700,000 to $1.4 million, will be released only when 'times are better'.

EL Development bought the Rosewood Suites site from the Singapore Land Authority in November last year when prices were strong. It topped a tender that drew eight bidders with a price of $56 million or $232psf per plot ratio.

Mr Lim had then said that they had planned to launch the project in the third quarter of this year, and sell it for about $600 psf to $650 psf.

[email protected]

Went down to Rosewood Suites showflat over the weekend. Saw the good reviews being given by many. To be fair....let me give mine too....but note that this is entirely personal opinion.

Firstly, distance to Causeway Point and MRT is indeed walking distance. But it took me 12 mins plus to reach it and exhausting. IF it rains, my heart will ache imagining my wife walking such a distance back. Walking distance is subjective....20minutes walk can also be walking distance.

Good point about this project is that it is tranquil indeed. It is almost towards the other end of Rosewood Drive. There are empty plots besides it and further down is the SLE. A short quick turn will led you towards Woodlands Ave 2 and SLE entrance. Those owing cars will find it convenient.

Another good point is the price. Price PSF is attractive and reasonable for 3 bedrooms and below. The 4 room and penthouses definitely not worth it, in particularly the 3 room penthouses which cost at least 1.1Mil. For that amount, one can get a freehold/triple 9 leasehold penthouses at better location. No idea who in the right mind will buy a 3 bedroom penthouses there. Resale value for such penthouse virtually zero.....hard to get rid if want to sell later...look at the penthouses in Rosewood.....owners having VERY hard time looking for willing buyers.

99 years leasehold also means those who spent $900K plus for Penthouses and 4 bedrooms unable to recoup most of it back. It's value will definitely drop once it reach 30years. But for 3 rooms owners, that price is worth it for living in. In short, resales part hard if for investment purpose. For those who bought 2 bedroom for rental...splendid idea...but other owners will worry about the resident mix.

Another selling price mentioned by agent is that Rosewood Suites only has 200 units which is less messy than other mass projects. I am not sure I buy that. The whole piece of land looks small....and 50 units on each side facing pool...in other words....50 units spread over 50 metre pool per side. A bit cramp.....and the balcony lacks privacy from left and right. Prospective buyers should also pose this question that I asked the agent....what is the distance separating the pool units across each other. If you are comfortable, buy...if not...reconsider. I think those who bought the non-view pool probably has the best deal (Again personal opinion and preferences-no offense to pool view units owners) as the little "stream" with hammocks concept is indeed unique....and sound of flowing water trickling past is so extraordinary.

Next, the little clubhouse......prospective buyers should ask about the size of the gym and function room so as to manage expectation at TOP. Again if you are comfortable, buy...else shop around somemore.

Parking is also a problem. The developer standpoint is that some owners will not be able to afford one car.....(you have money to own a condo but not enough to buy one small car...Woodlands somemore)....hence parking lots (meaning Multi storey carpark and those next to ground units parking) is only at 200. Most likely your visitors will have to park outside. Oh...and those staying near the entrance have to walk 50M??? to reach the Multi-storey carpark which is almost at the other end. The interesting thing about this Multi storey carpark is that besides holding a tennis court....it also has a basketball court! Good for basketball lover and kids.

Interior layout for this project great. High ceiling at 2.9M which makes it look spacious....tot I will like it even more if they push the ceiling height to over 3M. Only thing is the Yard. Developer EL again self assume that all owners will be using dryers. For those who plan to put up racks to dry clothes....cooking smell will stain your clothes because there is no door to separate the yard from kitchen....yes EL has screwed up on this small but essential aspect.

Overall, nice project development.....but location wise (in Woodlands Context-let's not talk abt other districts) not as good as RoseWood which is just off the entrance to Rosewood Drive. The Short Walking distance is too far for my comfort. Also sad that the EL misses out on washing and drying part of basic living. This may lead to certain residents simply drying clothes on balcony and Rosewood Suites may end up looking quite ugly.

Anyone know how's the take-up for this project so far? Will the Developer slash prices further given the fragile and doom & gloom market outlook?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2008

Project Name .... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Rosewood Suites . OCR ....... 42 .............................. 687 ................ 606 .............. 512
    The numbers seem good.

Default Rosewood @ Rosewood Drive

DESCRIPTION / DETAILS
    Address: Rosewood Drive
    Type of Development: Condominium
    Tenure: 99 years
    District: 25
    No. of Units: 437
    Year of Completion: 2003
    Developer: Centrepoint Homes
    Unit sizes:
    2 bedrooms: 1,012 sq ft
    3 bedrooms: 1,173 sq ft
    4 bedrooms: 1,475 sq ft

Rosewood Condo is an exclusive development project with a resort theme. It offers 437-units, and is ideally located near Woodlands MRT Station and Causeway Point. It offers full recreational facilities, which includes five exquisitely themed gardens and 2 swimming pools.

Rosewood Condominium is one of the few condo development in Woodlands that is near to the Singapore American School. Families whose children is studying in the SAS would prefer to stay near the vicinity of Woodlands and Sembawang so that the Singapore American School is within a few minutes away.

Rosewood is accessible via the Central Expressway (CTE) and Seletar Expressway (SLE) to various part of Singapore. Traveling to the Business District takes about 30 minutes and it takes about 20 minutes to go to Changi Airport using Tampines Expressway (TPE).

Location Map

FACILITIES AT ROSEWOOD CONDOMINIUM
    Swimming pool
    Wading pool
    Jacuzzi
    Gymnasium
    Tennis court
    Clubhouse
    Children's playground
    BBQ
    24 hours security
    Basement carpark

Default For Rent: Best! 3+1 Rosewood 1173sqft @ Rosewood Drive

Beautiful view! Superb condition! Must See!

Walking distance to Causeway Point, Innova Junior College, Singapore American School, Singapore Sports School, The Woodgrove, Woodlands MRT etc.

Community Clubs, famous eateries, market, supermarket etc nearby.

Full facilities. Fully furnished. Immediate move-in.

Call now for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    The numbers seem good.
    funny i check the number of caveats lodged for rosewood suites it does not tally... so far only 23 lodged... anyway the resale value of the condos ard tat area quite bad... u check the market rates for woodgrove, casablanca and rosewood you will know liao... and i will say they are in slightly better locations than rosewood suites... IMO...

went to the showroom, was quite impressed with the showroom and spacious room that they put up...definitely worth buying for HDB upgrader...just that a bit far north....