Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Montebleu (D11, Freehold, Soilbuild)

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiing
    friend u think Medge worth buying? becoz my dad is looking a 2 beddder near my new home, he went to one unit a medge he told me full of planter and wastage area dunno how true is it. Thanks
    I haven't seen Medge 2 bedder so can't really comment with regards to layout. Location wise is ok only. Zedge is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by jasbee
    Really? Haven't received anything yet from SB or lawyers, did receive letters from agents congratulating us for collecting keys (???)
    i received it on that day i posted the thread. anyways i went down to see today, think around may then can TOP becoz tennis court not ready and many small thing need to be touched up.

still can get this around 1100-1150psf for the 850sf unit?

Quote Originally Posted by capm
    still can get this around 1100-1150psf for the 850sf unit?
    Why not try Pavilion 11 as Montebleu is too near to Balestier. Pavilion 11 2nd flr is almost Montebleu 9th flr.. 30flr already overlook Montebleu..
    Pavilion 11 is all private lift unit.

Default Excited!

Anyone also waiting to get their keys? ^.^

Default Rental

Hi.. any idea of rental rates and the kinda yield for Montebleu? Wonder how this stacks up against Soleil or the coming Arte....

Quote Originally Posted by yxlin
    Anyone also waiting to get their keys? ^.^
    Has anyone received letter on key collection date? Went by the site last week, the condo name is still not up yet

Quote Originally Posted by Riverund
    Hi.. any idea of rental rates and the kinda yield for Montebleu? Wonder how this stacks up against Soleil or the coming Arte....
    Do a search for comparable nearby apartments.

Based on the current progress I can see from the outside, this place needs another 2-3 months.

This makes rental a bit tougher as expats inflow during end Q2 is usually a bit lower.

DKSG

Default TOP soon

I think Montebleu will TOP soon, soilbuild uploaded lastest progress and showed that the building already went through the final inspection by BCA.

yeah i think so too. I called end April, and she said the inspection was being done, and if no prob..end may / june can get keys after paying fees. so have you found your reno / ID guy yet?

Quote Originally Posted by cenarret
    yeah i think so too. I called end April, and she said the inspection was being done, and if no prob..end may / june can get keys after paying fees. so have you found your reno / ID guy yet?
    Maybe no big reno because got two kids dun want waste too much money then get domiolish by them.. haha.

We went to few IDs last month...most never bother to response back with quotes once they know that our unit is not TOP yet

Default TOPped today!

Hi, Confirmed with my agent, montebleu today get the TOP, 3June first batch of people will receive key, for me becoz i sub-sale so got to wait 2-3 weeks i guess.

yes my law firm confirmed too! must settle disboursements and maintanence fees for 6 mnths before issuance..

This building is quite nice looking.

maintainance fee for 2bed room unit is $320, any update for other size units??

that's quite expensive...

maintainance fee for 2bed room unit is $320, any update for other size units??

the rental over there currently so bad meh?

how come i saw a ad today stating Pavilion 11 high flr 3bedder tenanted at 4.2k? and asking 12xxpsf!!! rental yield less den 3%

i wud tot P11 3bedder shd be 5k min? hmm

I seriously doubt that.

Recently a 2BR 1,0xx sqft unit at M21 1x floor was rented out for $5,900 pm.

This kinda of ads, usually done by agents to trick people to call them, then put these people in their database. When u call, they may bluff bluff negotiatate a bit with you, then say unit rented out liao.

I tried calling a few times on such "low priced" ads, the responses are the same.

Devilplate - why not u give them a ring and if they can rush down with the Tenancy agreement, then share with us.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I seriously doubt that.

Recently a 2BR 1,0xx sqft unit at M21 1x floor was rented out for $5,900 pm.

This kinda of ads, usually done by agents to trick people to call them, then put these people in their database. When u call, they may bluff bluff negotiatate a bit with you, then say unit rented out liao.

I tried calling a few times on such "low priced" ads, the responses are the same.

Devilplate - why not u give them a ring and if they can rush down with the Tenancy agreement, then share with us.

DKSG
    the problem is..the price is high and tenancy is low

maybe the desperate owner ganjiong and quickly tenanted out at 4.2k once it TOP last year? back then rental was still very weak? now desperate to sell coz rental can't cover the installments. u call lah, then bargain down and buy.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    the rental over there currently so bad meh?

how come i saw a ad today stating Pavilion 11 high flr 3bedder tenanted at 4.2k? and asking 12xxpsf!!! rental yield less den 3%

i wud tot P11 3bedder shd be 5k min? hmm

furnishing quite good...but the 2nd bedrm is a study room size

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    furnishing quite good...but the 2nd bedrm is a study room size
    Agree with u, so small, cannot even put a super single bed, got to use the bay window ledge be half of the bed. but the view got no complaint unless CDC land use for other purposes...

Agree with u, so small, cannot even put a super single bed, got to use the bay window ledge be half of the bed. but the view got no complaint unless CDC land use for other purposes...
    i viewed stack 6 2bedder...2xth flr..but the view so-so...quite dissapointed...mabe the other stack at the other end will be better

i notice the baywindow is very very wide( feels like 20-30% wider den norm)...i pointed it out to the agt...the agt aso feels

I predict that in the next 6 months, there will be significant increase in the number of cases of significant "rental cannot cover instalments" resulting in decrease in transacted prices.

This maybe worsened if the Fed decide to raise rates in Q4 this year (or Q1 next year, but news released out in Q4 this year).

Recently I have seen quite a few units and made some computations to conclude the owners who bought in the run-up in 2009 are now facing the monthly out of pocket ranging from a few hundred bucks to $2-3K in some prime locations.

If prices have more or less peaked (ie only a 5-8% increase predicted) and interest rates can only go one way (up). Whats next ?

Just my own observations,
    DKSG

PS: Off to view another of these condos now ...

that's a good update! view more and share more.

but i think interest rates won't go up so soon. looks more like delayed to Q4 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I predict that in the next 6 months, there will be significant increase in the number of cases of significant "rental cannot cover instalments" resulting in decrease in transacted prices.

This maybe worsened if the Fed decide to raise rates in Q4 this year (or Q1 next year, but news released out in Q4 this year).

Recently I have seen quite a few units and made some computations to conclude the owners who bought in the run-up in 2009 are now facing the monthly out of pocket ranging from a few hundred bucks to $2-3K in some prime locations.

If prices have more or less peaked (ie only a 5-8% increase predicted) and interest rates can only go one way (up). Whats next ?

Just my own observations,
    DKSG

PS: Off to view another of these condos now ...

How is the workmanship and furnishing of this project? I think this is Soilbuild's biggest project to date. Comparable to bigger developers?

repeated post/deleted
    Last edited by kawaiing; 27-09-10 at 17:57. Reason: repeated post

Default Any project in balestier i can get a 2 bedder at about 800k?

All experts on this forum, any idea which project of balestier I can get a 2 bedder above 700sqf which is around 800k? Project less than 10yrs old preferred!! Thanks alot!!