Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Montebleu (D11, Freehold, Soilbuild)

Hi Friends,
    Soilbuild had updated the latest progress for Montebleu, interested can go see see.

Default NO singtel MIO TV coverage at Montebleu

Dear Montebleu's neighbours, I walk pass Singtel just now, very kiasu go check whether i can sign up the EPL(OR called BPL) package for next year for their early bird discount, then found out that our Block is NOT the 95% coverage for MIO TV, so its mean that very high chance that next yr when we move in cannot watch EPL, for those not football fans it wont be affected at all. Singtel says will try to get connected by next yr August.... dont know can be trusted or not....

Default What's up with the street lights

Hi all,
    I just realised that Montebleu has these really strange street lights all around the development with suspended electric cables. Everywhere else in the neighbourhood the electric cables are buried underground.

Anybody knows if this is temporary due to the ongoing construction? Or do we have to live with this once the development is up?

Also, hope that row of 5 carparks opposite the entrance is removed once the whole project is completed. Not ideal to have cars parked there
    Have you met my more successful sibling 'Super Potato'?

May be they will reserve that as visitors' carpark?

BTW, anyone bought resale units here? Started servicing loan instalments? I've computed that the developer has called about 45% to-date. Just wondering if it's the same for other owners of resale units.

since this thread has been revived, i was wondering if anyone else has noticed a desperate owner trying to sell his #31 AND #32 -05? Last month he was asking 1120psf, last sat i saw his advert for a lower asking price of 10xxpsf. I think both units should be 4 bedders of 1593 sq ft. That means the asking is 1.6 to 1.73m. The most recent transactions are #30-05 at 1048 and #33-05 at 1073psf in September.

I am curious because if we compare Pavillion 11 with Montebleu, Montebleu has a tennis court and is thus, a full facility condo. A 3 bedder at Pavillion 11 is 1485sq ft and asking 12xxpsf (easily more than 1.78m) or more. Why isn't anyone keen to buy a bigger unit size at Montebleu with 1 more bedroom and lower psf and lower absolute price even?!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    since this thread has been revived, i was wondering if anyone else has noticed a desperate owner trying to sell his #31 AND #32 -05? Last month he was asking 1120psf, last sat i saw his advert for a lower asking price of 10xxpsf. I think both units should be 4 bedders of 1593 sq ft. That means the asking is 1.6 to 1.73m. The most recent transactions are #30-05 at 1048 and #33-05 at 1073psf in September.

I am curious because if we compare Pavillion 11 with Montebleu, Montebleu has a tennis court and is thus, a full facility condo. A 3 bedder at Pavillion 11 is 1485sq ft and asking 12xxpsf (easily more than 1.78m) or more. Why isn't anyone keen to buy a bigger unit size at Montebleu with 1 more bedroom and lower psf and lower absolute price even?!
    Maybe because Montebleu is closer to Balestier than Pavillion and vice versa in terms of proximity to Novena. In Singapore even 100 metres can make a difference in price. Also maybe because Pavillion is built by a more reputable developer- UOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

From what i know , these units are not owned by individual but by a company / corporate group

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    From what i know , these units are not owned by individual but by a company / corporate group

Yup, owned by my friend. Already told him not to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Maybe because Montebleu is closer to Balestier than Pavillion and vice versa in terms of proximity to Novena. In Singapore even 100 metres can make a difference in price. Also maybe because Pavillion is built by a more reputable developer- UOL.
    Both projects are in Balestier. There is no nearer to Novena more upmarket Balestier. Still it is Balestier. Montebleu & Pavilion are overpriced for a Balestier project.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    There were a few bulk purchases of Montebleu units. IMO Pavilion is not any better than Montebleu. The bulk purchaser just needs to release for liquidity issues.

The reason why its transacting at a higher price is that it has already TOPed, so people can go in and see their units hence they are willing to pay a premium for the security of having physically inspected everything. Sellers also expect a premium post TOP.

10XX psf for 31/32nd floor is extremely cheap for Montebleu. If anyone gets it, it'll be a steal - post TOP things should almost definitely move upwards strongly.

Anything below 1100psf for a full condo in this area with full facilities and quality finishes (from the photos Soilbuild is at least above average) is very very affordable. Just look at the other projects and the psf they achieved: Domus, Vista Residences, Arte, The Tier, Bliss Loft etc.

Montebleu below 1100psf is really really good value. Happy for anyone that finds a steal in this market climate.

that's the problem. why are they still no takers after so long? Has all the pent-up demand really been filled? maybe our discussion here will help the owner to sell more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic Leek
    There were a few bulk purchases of Montebleu units. IMO Pavilion is not any better than Montebleu. The bulk purchaser just needs to release for liquidity issues.

The reason why its transacting at a higher price is that it has already TOPed, so people can go in and see their units hence they are willing to pay a premium for the security of having physically inspected everything. Sellers also expect a premium post TOP.

10XX psf for 31/32nd floor is extremely cheap for Montebleu. If anyone gets it, it'll be a steal - post TOP things should almost definitely move upwards strongly.

Anything below 1100psf for a full condo in this area with full facilities and quality finishes (from the photos Soilbuild is at least above average) is very very affordable. Just look at the other projects and the psf they achieved: Domus, Vista Residences, Arte, The Tier, Bliss Loft etc.

Montebleu below 1100psf is really really good value. Happy for anyone that finds a steal in this market climate.

I believe that many people have already seen the inherent value in Montebleu, and they are the lucky ones who bought during the pre-TOP run up.

The owners still made money when they flipped. When it TOPs, the views and facilities and finishes will ensure a better gain for the people who could afford to hold the units to completion.

I post with vested interest. Hope those who have other interest mention it in their posts.

Before we compare Pavilion 11 and Montebleu, we need to take a look at the view. Both are in the same estate, P11 is at least 7 storeys higher - floor to floor comparison.

When buying condo, always remember one very important thing. Those things u can change and those u cannot. Finishings can be changed, walls can be hacked, vanity tops can be removed. That probably costs your say 20K or 20psf. But guess what ... some things cannot be changed. The view cannot be changed (though strictly speaking it can be blocked la - but I am talking about change within buyer's means), having a private lift cannot be changed.

I leave it to people here to make their own judgement. Why are some units in The Sail commanding so much more than others ? Its the view - something people cant change.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I post with vested interest. Hope those who have other interest mention it in their posts.

Before we compare Pavilion 11 and Montebleu, we need to take a look at the view. Both are in the same estate, P11 is at least 7 storeys higher - floor to floor comparison.

When buying condo, always remember one very important thing. Those things u can change and those u cannot. Finishings can be changed, walls can be hacked, vanity tops can be removed. That probably costs your say 20K or 20psf. But guess what ... some things cannot be changed. The view cannot be changed (though strictly speaking it can be blocked la - but I am talking about change within buyer's means), having a private lift cannot be changed.

I leave it to people here to make their own judgement. Why are some units in The Sail commanding so much more than others ? Its the view - something people cant change.

DKSG
    Sail Units that is confirmed unblocked command premium, the rest are just View is overated. It is location. U try asking low floor owners at Ardmore Park why stay there? Is it becos of the view? So why are people paying $2.8kpsf for Nassim Park Residences? What view do they have? They have Location, environment.

i think timing is a major factor too. P11 TOP at a point when there's a indicating sign of economy recovery, thus causing a little overhype and people got a little too excited thus causing price surge.(i remember psf changes by the day) Now just barely 3-6 months since then, the goverment has stepped in to "cool" things down and more importantly reliterate they've further steps inplace to ensure things do not overboild. These are timing attributes that may prevent montebleu to fulfil her potential value at TOP. I am personnally a avid admirer of montebleu's dark modern contemporary style facade finishing. i am waiting to see the finished look, the first of it's kind in the vicinity at least before the arte , vista is completed

Default Moutebleu 3BR unit

Hi,

Any 3 BR unit for sale @ mountebleu ?

Default Hi Montebleu owners!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to revive this thread and see whats happening with you other montebleu owners! So who's excited about this place?

Default Invisible Grille

Hi, for those owners like me got little kids and worry the metal grille spoilt the outlook of montebleu facade, i found a place mentioning about these invisible grille, anyone has any idea of this product?? the website is http://www.legate.com.sg Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiing
    Hi, for those owners like me got little kids and worry the metal grille spoilt the outlook of montebleu facade, i found a place mentioning about these invisible grille, anyone has any idea of this product?? the website is http://www.legate.com.sg Thanks.
    before you invest more time researching into this invisible grill, it's better to wait till TOP and check with the MA, cos the estate may probably have their own design so as to regulate the facade of the estate.

Agree with Mogyi ... and there is certain tecgnique/approach u should adopt. Not to convenient to mention here.

So, dont buy anything affecting the facade yet.

Default Facing

Was there a reason the developer chose this East facing(distant sea-view) and not South facing like P11(catch some city-view)?

Haha ... good guess ...

The facing of the block is already pre-determined by the plot of land.

It has to be parallel to Mandalay Road, so if you are building a single long slab, there is no choice with the facing. For P11, the plot of land is of significant size, so there is enough room for the building to tilt left or right a bit to allow optimal view. So that both blocks get the Flyer/IR view ..

Montebleu's super structure is completed already and exterior windows looks like all up. Owners can start shopping for their furniture lo ... Should get letters from SB within 3-6 months to remind all abt the TOP.

Reporting "live" from the Montebleu site ... haha!

facade and pool area
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    facade and pool area
    You capture the image from the medge is it? wow awesome.. Thanks for the live update!!

You capture the image from the medge is it? wow awesome.. Thanks for the live update!!
    Ya smart guy. Was viewing a unit at Medge.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Ya smart guy. Was viewing a unit at Medge.
    friend u think Medge worth buying? becoz my dad is looking a 2 beddder near my new home, he went to one unit a medge he told me full of planter and wastage area dunno how true is it. Thanks

Montebleu seems relatively cheap looking at caveats, considering its freehold and D11. Whats the catch ? QUality not good, or just the location not next to MTR ?

Just my guess....the corporate investor with too many units on hand has to offload before TOP as according to my agent, this investor is unable to get bank loans for all units. There were quite a no of 1593 units transacted recently, seem like all from this investor.

wondering whether Montebleu construction is delayed to give this investor more time to offload? Agents used to claim TOP in Dec-09, now 1Q10 or 1H10.

Default TOP March to May

Just Received lawyer's letter from SB mentioned that Montebleu will be issued TOP around March to May.

Just Received lawyer's letter from SB mentioned that Montebleu will be issued TOP around March to May.
    Really? Haven't received anything yet from SB or lawyers, did receive letters from agents congratulating us for collecting keys (???)