Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Montebleu (D11, Freehold, Soilbuild)

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    dun think management office will allow you to install grilles in the balcony ... spoils the facade.
    one day read at lianhe wanbao say got those transparent grilles, dunno where to buy, import from USA, if anyone got the contact pls pm us, thanks. i think balcony is the only place can hang cloth with contact sunlight, or else will be in kitchen already, thats why builder give washing machine and dryer together.

I think the balcony glass height is about 1m tall, so it should auto prevent any toddler from falling off the edge.

I'm certain parents of small children stay up at night worrying about such things though - so likely no balcony outdoor furniture for your place then. Aside from that... you could install a different lockset so that kids can't easily gain access to the balcony? I don't know, not really any viable solutions. No grills I think ,it'll affect the facade.

I'm guessing there will be grills on all the windows in your unit then? Sometimes I really wonder what kid will throw himself out an open window, but I guess in this case its truly better to be safe than eternally sorry. Also, maids seem far more dangerous than ungrilled windows when we are counting safety for toddlers.

Although I made it to adulthood living in apartments long before the concept of childsafe furnishings became vogue.
    Yes I have only 1 eye and 7 fingers, but I can function.

On a serious note: the units ALL don't have a yard. Even the large 4 bedroom and larger funny config executive suites all don't have a yard. You'll likely have to use the dryer provided. Please don't dangle the laundry from the balcony. yikes. If you must use the balcony... think they have some nice drying racks that are low and not obstrusive =)
    Have you met my more successful sibling 'Super Potato'?

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic Leek
    ALL don't have a yard. Even the large 4 bedroom and larger funny config executive suites all don't have a yard. You'll likely have to use the dryer provided. Please don't dangle the laundry from the balcony. yikes. If you must use the balcony... think they have some nice drying racks that are low and not obstrusive =)
    I can understand where you are coming from given the unsightly poles in HDB estates. But sometimes I wonder about the snobbishness and stupidity of condo dwellers in Singapore. The dryer is a useful invention of the West which came about as a result of the cold climate which makes it impractical to dry clothes outdoor especially during the winter months. But we are in the equator where the sun shines all year round (when it doesn't rain, that is). Why do we then not dry clothes under natural light and reduce our contribution to global warming by NOT using the dryer? The dryer has a monstrous consumption of power. Is the sun not good enough? Why do we blindly ape the West? Like wearing suits and ties. What is the point in this weather?? Why do we not have enough confidence in ourselves to come up with our own dress code and housing behaviour that best suit our climate?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with drying your clothes in the sun. In fact, a large number of condominiums do try to force some compromise by providing a yard area with limited access for clothes to hit the sun/airwell.

The unfortunate reality is that most buyers don't necessarily want to pay 1200psf for drying space. So smaller units compromise this by either providing a small yard or only washer/dryer space.

We're not so much aping the west as we are coping with limited space issues and spiraling costs. Frankly I'd dry my clothes in the balcony too, but certainly only on low racks, further in from the edge, where it won't be visible from the outside. My clothes will still dry in the sun - just not visibly so. Imagine if everyone's mentality is to do as they will without neighbourliness or without concern for the facade of a building... you just need one family to air their mattresses and undergarments on a regular basis from the balcony of your district 9 property to see real monetary depreciation.

I think when we purchase a condominium, sometimes we are actually buying in to a lifestyle as well, where there are some sacrifices made for aesthetic reasons. As long as everyone is of the same mindset, then its fine.

Back to montebleu, it's a bit weird that even 3-4+ bedrooms have no yard... oh well, what to do? Dryer + movable low racks in the balcony for me.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with drying your clothes in the sun. In fact, a large number of condominiums do try to force some compromise by providing a yard area with limited access for clothes to hit the sun/airwell.

The unfortunate reality is that most buyers don't necessarily want to pay 1200psf for drying space. So smaller units compromise this by either providing a small yard or only washer/dryer space.

We're not so much aping the west as we are coping with limited space issues and spiraling costs. Frankly I'd dry my clothes in the balcony too, but certainly only on low racks, further in from the edge, where it won't be visible from the outside. My clothes will still dry in the sun - just not visibly so. Imagine if everyone's mentality is to do as they will without neighbourliness or without concern for the facade of a building... you just need one family to air their mattresses and undergarments on a regular basis from the balcony of your district 9 property to see real monetary depreciation.

I think when we purchase a condominium, sometimes we are actually buying in to a lifestyle as well, where there are some sacrifices made for aesthetic reasons. As long as everyone is of the same mindset, then its fine.

Back to montebleu, it's a bit weird that even 3-4+ bedrooms have no yard... oh well, what to do? Dryer + movable low racks in the balcony for me.
    YUP YUP... agreed..cos i just came back from visiting my friend at Kovan melody. From the ourside...you can see all the laundry of almost the entire estate on the balcony.. not over the balcony tho... but bad enough cos it's glass balcony ...seriously make the estate look very cheapo like HDB .
    With no proper backyard....you're bound to get some ah soh who will not understand "why cannot hang my undergarment at my own balcony"

today finally completed the purchase in lawyer office, hope can move in real soon, becoz kids kindergarten start coming January, if cannot move in then got to travel very far to go school...

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiing
    today finally completed the purchase in lawyer office, hope can move in real soon, becoz kids kindergarten start coming January, if cannot move in then got to travel very far to go school...

congrats. Btw which stack u bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    congrats. Btw which stack u bought?
    3 bedroom stack 01 1141sqft unit

3 bedroom stack 01 1141sqft unit
    Hey congrats =) Welcome to Montebleu! Want to share what floor you live in? I'm in the same layout as you too.

You've been looking for a while, any reason you finally swung over to Montebleu?

Oh and from the look of things, I suspect Feb/Mar would be the likely TOP timing, so depending on how long your renovation takes, you'll move in Q1/Q2 next year... A bit of travel ahead for you.

Hey congrats =) Welcome to Montebleu! Want to share what floor you live in? I'm in the same layout as you too.

You've been looking for a while, any reason you finally swung over to Montebleu?

Oh and from the look of things, I suspect Feb/Mar would be the likely TOP timing, so depending on how long your renovation takes, you'll move in Q1/Q2 next year... A bit of travel ahead for you.
    i buy the unit is >30 floor, i buy montebleu becoz of the few ways to enter the condo, at first put deposit on Arte but after discuss with my wife there only one way to enter and when go to work must make a U turn at balestier BTK chicken rice then can go work at marymount area. any idea how much will it be for the maintance fee??

Nice... I wanted one of the super high floor units as well

You have to be either 31st or 32nd... there's only 2 with this floorplan above 30

Mine is lower... only above 25 below 30. but still high enough I hope for excellent views.

Will be interesting to see your caveat when it turns up! Hope you got a good price. Whatever it is, I'm sure buying now will be cheaper than after its completed so congrats to you!

Nice... I wanted one of the super high floor units as well

You have to be either 31st or 32nd... there's only 2 with this floorplan above 30

Mine is lower... only above 25 below 30. but still high enough I hope for excellent views.

Will be interesting to see your caveat when it turns up! Hope you got a good price. Whatever it is, I'm sure buying now will be cheaper than after its completed so congrats to you!
    Haha... hope the view is good too, and dun get block badly in future , mine is 1020psf... not a bad deal

Default Buyers beware

Yes, thats not a bad deal. I was not as lucky. Met some rogue agents when scouring for deals in this development. Almost 2 month ago, an agent was telling me that he sold a unit in Monetbleu for over $1300psf. He told me to act quickly before the caveat gets lodged and all the sellers will start revising their asking price when they see that new caveat.

He offered me his other unit at $12xx psf. I dont believe him since at that time most of the asking prices were $12xx or less. True enough, there is still no caveat lodged till now after 6 weeks. I guess this is a common stance used by a lot of agents, even agents from showflats, trying to hype up prices.

Some other agents are worse. Gave misleading caveat info. It is a pity that a few black horses tarnish the image of property agents. There are good ones around too. But one still need to be careful to verify claims and not fall for hype when buying a property.

Quote Originally Posted by tamp81
    Yes, thats not a bad deal. I was not as lucky. Met some rogue agents when scouring for deals in this development. Almost 2 month ago, an agent was telling me that he sold a unit in Monetbleu for over $1300psf. He told me to act quickly before the caveat gets lodged and all the sellers will start revising their asking price when they see that new caveat.

He offered me his other unit at $12xx psf. I dont believe him since at that time most of the asking prices were $12xx or less. True enough, there is still no caveat lodged till now after 6 weeks. I guess this is a common stance used by a lot of agents, even agents from showflats, trying to hype up prices.

Some other agents are worse. Gave misleading caveat info. It is a pity that a few black horses tarnish the image of property agents. There are good ones around too. But one still need to be careful to verify claims and not fall for hype when buying a property.
    Ya get a good agent is really make a deal diffenent, i ask my agent to find a deal for me, then saw from the "guru" website so many deal then he called for me each one and asked me to trust him and wait and dun listen to those nonsense price (even the advertisment from same company agent), then he found one urgent seller then ask me act quick and at the same night 10pm he came all the way to my home and collect cheque from me & go to the seller party and done deal at midnight just in case seller change mind, i so impress by him. ( and before the deal few months he brought me so many places to see the pro and con for other projects)

Ya get a good agent is really make a deal diffenent, i ask my agent to find a deal for me, then saw from the "guru" website so many deal then he called for me each one and asked me to trust him and wait and dun listen to those nonsense price (even the advertisment from same company agent), then he found one urgent seller then ask me act quick and at the same night 10pm he came all the way to my home and collect cheque from me & go to the seller party and done deal at midnight just in case seller change mind, i so impress by him. ( and before the deal few months he brought me so many places to see the pro and con for other projects)
    That's what all agents do. Just locked in to a buyer.

time to do away with agent and deal direct with sellers with lawyers engagement only.

I've personally dealt with at least over 100 agents buying and selling my own properties, just to share:

"he called for me each one and asked me to trust him and wait and dun listen to those nonsense price (even the advertisment from same company agent)"

-> Obviously, he wants you to himself and not to go to other agents (including others from his own agency)

"found one urgent seller then ask me act quick and at the same night 10pm he came all the way to my home and collect cheque from me & go to the seller party and done deal at midnight just in case seller change mind, i so impress by him."

-> He actually also scared you change your mind. Either party change mind it's kapoof, so he or she better faster deal immediately. Same golden rule as for retail sales - they try not to let you leave the shop. Once you are gone, it's considered gone case even if you say or you think that 'I will think about it and come back later'.... 90% of the people don't return.

"and before the deal few months he brought me so many places to see the pro and con for other projects)"

-> If he doesn't bring you to see, others will. Obviously he will only bring you to see those projects the seller side willing to co-broke at a decent %, if they are not his own direct listings.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    time to do away with agent and deal direct with sellers with lawyers engagement only.
    Wholeheartedly agree.

The govt has made available publicly all the transaction/project details, plus nationproperty.sg has so many listings and owners may post their own listings as well. People are getting more educated and IT savvy. And internet is free for all. So what's stopping people from dealing direct?

From what I see and hear and personally experienced so far, there's nothing too complicated about the profession to require a degree or certification, that a savvy-enough layman cannot pick up in a couple of months.

Of course if you talk about the less educated aunties and uncles (who don't speak the ang moh) and those super busy executives and power businessmen who don't even have time to read the papers less browse online for offers and deals, sure, the agents can definitely serve their needs.

I always rank agents on par with handphone dealer, contractor and second hand car dealer.. (pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    I always rank agents on par with handphone dealer, contractor and second hand car dealer.. (pun intended)
    To me 2nd hand car dealers are e worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fellow Montebleu owners, Soilbuild has posted construction update as of 31 Aug...go have a look at the photos if interested...

Quote Originally Posted by jasbee
    Fellow Montebleu owners, Soilbuild has posted construction update as of 31 Aug...go have a look at the photos if interested...
    Thanks, thats nice!!

dont bother with others comments. End of the day you gotten what u want

Default Parking Lots in Montebleu

Does anybody knows what is teh total parking lots including visitors lots in Montebleu. I bght it from subsale so not sure about the number of lots there and it was also not mentioned in the brochure. Thanks for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Wow78
    Does anybody knows what is teh total parking lots including visitors lots in Montebleu. I bght it from subsale so not sure about the number of lots there and it was also not mentioned in the brochure. Thanks for all your help!
    What the agent told me 151 parking lots mean 1 owner 1 lot i guess

What the agent told me 151 parking lots mean 1 owner 1 lot i guess
    Can we park 2 cars? My family has 2 cars so was wondering whether can we apply for 2 car park lots since it is quite difficult to park outside the condo.

Can we park 2 cars? My family has 2 cars so was wondering whether can we apply for 2 car park lots since it is quite difficult to park outside the condo.
    Can start to get to know Mandale Heights, The Axis, Monarchy Apartments or Ecoville tenants...

Thanks, thats nice!!

Will e view be same like P11?

Parking is a common problem in condo especially for the smaller estate
    unless you stay in high tendency estate there're many expat who normally
    dun drive.

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    Well, I think in all professions you get the bad eggs along with the good. Unfortunately, with housing agents, due to the low barriers to entry the average trends downwards.

Yes you can do most things yourself, however agents fulfill a vital role for developers in the marketing and hype for their projects. For resellers agents play a vitally important role too.

I think the whole problem now is the lack of choice: you're pretty much stuck with the silly rogues and the incompetents as well as the good ones that provide a useful and value added service. You can't very well not deal with the agent at the showflat who can't find the kitchen or the jerk who has the best listing.

Anyway, over a long enough time, services gravitate towards successful models and it seems Singapore's market is maturing.

I'm quite excited about the progress being made on Montebleu. I don't know about the carparks, but given how many 1 and 2 bedroom units there are, and the multi storey parking, I think parking for guests should be alright.

Does anyone know the length and width of the main swimming pool though? I've not been able to find that out.

Oh, and they've just started construction of the project boundaries, it seems they are removing the unsightly old drainage and have laid new ones and will cover the whole thing with grass. Fantastic job. Hats off to soilbuild for the emphasis on this project.