Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 51015202122232425262728293035404550 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

KTM Guest

Default Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Singapore Business Times 09 Aug 2006

Mahathir cool towards KL-S'pore bullet train plan
    M'sian population not big enough for two train companies, he says

By PAULINE NG
    IN KUALA LUMPUR

FORMER Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad has poured cold water on the current administration's plan for a possible bullet train linking Kuala Lumpur to Singapore.

He said Malaysia did not have a big enough population to support two railway companies - one proposed by YTL Corp and the other, current national railway company Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM).

It is not the first time YTL has proposed a fast train to link the capitals of the two countries. Some eight years ago, YTL's proposal for a bullet train between both capitals was rejected by Dr Mahathir.

Recently, the power, infrastructure and property company floated the proposal again - but this time under PM Abdullah Ahmad Badawi's so-called private finance initiative.

Dr Mahathir, who is now on the warpath with Mr Abdullah, said he did not have the details, or whether the train would even go to Singapore. 'It was proposed during my time, but it was not yet suitable. Maybe now it is suitable.' Asked why the project was not implemented, he replied: 'There were problems. It's difficult to elaborate, lah.'

Mr Abdullah's administration, which wants to turn South Johor into a special economic zone, has been warmer to the high-speed train idea. The Transport Ministry has already given YTL the go-ahead for a feasibility study of the project, which if implemented would shorten the 325km journey to 90 minutes, compared to over six hours now.

While YTL has been the first to go public with its intention, Mr Abdullah said other companies have also expressed their interest in a similar plan and would be invited to submit their proposals as well.

Singapore's Ministry of Transport has said both governments have not held any discussions on YTL's proposal.

Critics of YTL's RM8 billion (S$3.4 billion) train initiative have already panned it as too costly, and harmful to the interests of various national companies such as Malaysia Airlines and toll road operator Plus. It would also likely spell the demise of KTM.

Dr Mahathir said Malaysia could have only one train firm. 'Well, you can't have two train services; you can have only one. Of course, in Japan, they have so many train services - but they have 130 million people.' Malaysia has 26 million people.

Dr Mahathir had approved a plan to double-track the national railway grid for a staggering RM14.5 billion prior to stepping down in 2003, but it was shelved by Mr Abdullah.

His reversal of Dr Mahathir's decision along with other policy U-turns - particularly the scrapping of the proposed bridge to replace the Causeway between Malaysia and Singapore - has greatly irked Dr Mahathir, who has labelled the present administration as 'gutless' and 'half-past-six'.

Dr Mahathir has intensified his attacks on his successor in recent weeks, accusing Mr Abdullah's son-in-law Khairy Jamaluddin of being the real power behind the throne.

On Monday, Dr Mahathir indicated that Mr Abdullah should not complete his first term, which will expire by 2009. 'If we have a prime minister who sold the country, why wait for five years? We have to take early action. If he sold the country, there's no need to wait five years. We must not always say we support the prime minister.'

Unregistered Guest

why are everyone so concerned abt the bullet train/BT mrt line, both are going to be implemented so many years from now, by then most people would have upgraded or moved away...with the BT MRT line, most residential areas would have been covered by the MRT (ie BT/circle/downtown), so RT might not command a premium,(at best, all properties prices would go up)...

Unregistered Guest

What's the relevance of posting a report that's almost a year old?? And what's the point of quoting Mahathir who's not in power and almost dead lying in hospital now.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    What's the relevance of posting a report that's almost a year old?? And what's the point of quoting Mahathir who's not in power and almost dead lying in hospital now.
    I guess he's just trying to highlight the points which are against the project. I kinda agree with that though. Don't think it will happen.

Unregistered Guest

He may not be in power but he still hv lotsa influence. Noticed why Badawi never confronted him?

The double track rail which was initially shelved is now on again.. Why? Coz Badawi has no choice lor..... And the bridge between SIN and Johor which was scrapped by Badawi is now a possibility again... Why? Coz Mahathir is still powderful lor... Don't underestimate the "Father of Modern M'sia"

kelvin Guest

Good news for rail-facing units.
    Did some research.......on site survey umpteen times already.
    Units facing the railway are south-west facing. These units would not be facing the afternoon sun now (the hottest period on the calendar). The sun appears hottest in the north-west now as experienced for the last few days when it doesn't rain.
    For the next half of the year, the sun will slowly move back west, and then move south-west (22 degree below the west direction). But by then, these are the cooler months and more rain are expected nearer to Nov-Dec.

Which means railway facing condo would usually enjoy the brightness of light without bearing the full brunt of the heat from the sun.

Also, according to feng shui, south-west facing units are good for family.
    Coupled with the backing of the BT hill (translate to always having good backing/support).
    Cheers.
    Last edited by kelvin; 23-05-07 at 13:27.

kelvin Guest

I also wish to share my experience on the home loan that i took with UOB bank. Borrowers please note that there are multiple board rates when u take up a loan.
    The bank would try to make you believe that there is only a board rate when you first take up their loan. Once signed on the dotted line, you are at their mercy. In the next few months, the bank would raise their board as much as 1% which happened to me. It makes me even more angry when the sibor rates are falling during the same period.

So please take note of the multiple board rates and bank can at any time raise the interest at their own discretion. Choose carefully on the bank loan.

BTW, i am not the only one. It came out in the newspaper forums affecting many others. Utterly disappointed with UOB. I have always given local banks the first priority. Now i have no hesitation to switch to foreign bank once my lock-in period has ended.
    Last edited by kelvin; 23-05-07 at 13:50.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin
    I also wish to share my experience on the home loan that i took with UOB bank. Borrowers please note that there are multiple board rates when u take up a loan.
    The bank would try to make you believe that there is only a board rate when you first take up their loan. Once signed on the dotted line, you are at their mercy. In the next few months, the bank would raise their board as much as 1% which happened to me. It makes me even more angry when the sibor rates are falling during the same period.

So please take note of the multiple board rates and bank can at any time raise the interest at their own discretion. Choose carefully on the bank loan.

BTW, i am not the only one. It came out in the newspaper forums affecting many others. Utterly disappointed with UOB. I have always given local banks the first priority. Now i have no hesitation to switch to foreign bank once my lock-in period has ended.
    hi kevin,
    thanks for sharing your experience. if you don't mind me asking, when did you sign up for the loan and how soon after signing did you receive news that the rates are going to go up? thanks.

i have a loan with hsbc. signed in mar06. prior to signing, they indicated that the rates are going to go up and that my rates will be based on the revised rates, which i accepted. since mar till now, there have been no change to my rates. mine is a smartmortgage loan.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

hi kevin,
    thanks for sharing your experience. if you don't mind me asking, when did you sign up for the loan and how soon after signing did you receive news that the rates are going to go up? thanks.

i have a loan with hsbc. signed in mar06. prior to signing, they indicated that the rates are going to go up and that my rates will be based on the revised rates, which i accepted. since mar till now, there have been no change to my rates. mine is a smartmortgage loan.
    UOB increased the interest by 1% within 6 months after i took up the loan in April 06'. My interest rate is now more than 4% and is going to increase again on the 3rd year. There is no point re-financing with the bank again. They will use the same trick. There is a penalty of $500-$800.
    Wow.....looks like HSBC has hold the rate steady for more than a year.
    What is your current interest rate?

Unregistered Guest

UOB increased the interest by 1% within 6 months after i took up the loan in April 06'. My interest rate is now more than 4% and is going to increase again on the 3rd year. There is no point re-financing with the bank again. They will use the same trick. There is a penalty of $500-$800.
    Wow.....looks like HSBC has hold the rate steady for more than a year.
    What is your current interest rate?
    3.15%, and lock-in period is 1 yr.

Unregistered Guest

Hi to All Raintree Owners

I am also a Raintree condo owner of one unit in Block 99. I am as excited as you guys and wow the thread of this forum reached 729 replies and 25,727 views (as at today, 26 May 07).

Congratulation to all of you, I think Raintree will be a good home to all of us. And from all I know from this forum, you guys are cool, friendly, nice people.

Raintree was the first property I went for property-search, just fell in love with it and bought it on the very day (in Jan 06). I have never been so satisfied before ever since.

your neighbour
    from Block 99

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

I am also a Raintree condo owner of one unit in Block 99. I am as excited as you guys and wow the thread of this forum reached 729 replies and 25,727 views (as at today, 26 May 07).

Congratulation to all of you, I think Raintree will be a good home to all of us. And from all I know from this forum, you guys are cool, friendly, nice people.

Raintree was the first property I went for property-search, just fell in love with it and bought it on the very day (in Jan 06). I have never been so satisfied before ever since.

your neighbour
    from Block 99

Yup , I agree . One of the most gracious forums , both here and the pther sinagpore condo forum. you may want to join Mike Chan's RT owners' group . Email him at [email protected] . Cheers !

Unregistered Guest

Yup , I agree . One of the most gracious forums , both here and the pther sinagpore condo forum. you may want to join Mike Chan's RT owners' group . Email him at [email protected] . Cheers !
    I really find the threads at two forums serve everyone well. Have you joined RT owners' group hosted by Mike Chan? Care to share what sort of information being shared there?

I have a feeling the majority of contributers to RT threads are owners of RT and I think it is qute useful to have an open discussion forum for owners and prospective buyers of RT to share the information. Thanks

Unregistered Guest

I really find the threads at two forums serve everyone well. Have you joined RT owners' group hosted by Mike Chan? Care to share what sort of information being shared there?

I have a feeling the majority of contributers to RT threads are owners of RT and I think it is qute useful to have an open discussion forum for owners and prospective buyers of RT to share the information. Thanks
    I'm thinking about it but haven't got down to joining them yet . But I do have a friend who's on it who finds it useful . Prob more useful once we actually move in I think.

There are some comments on this group around pg 10 to 15 , u have to plough thru I'm afraid . Mike himself talked about it .

lincoln Guest

question: what's the difference between a greenery view and reserve view? which blocks are they respectively?

Unregistered Guest

Hi Raintree Owners

I am also a Raintree Condo owner and I am proud to be the Raintree owner. I fell in love with the Raintree Condo at the first sight. Raintree was my first property visit when I decided that I would like to buy a property. It was a satisfactory purchase (in Jan 06). Whatever it is, I am fully contented with my purchase. I loved then and I am still loving it now, cant wait to move in.

Congratulation to the rest of Raintree owners.

I realised that this forum thread reached 25,727 views and 735 replies. Amazing.

yours sincerely
    Your Raintree Neighbour

Unregistered Guest

Hi Raintree Owners

I am also a Raintree Condo owner and I am proud to be the Raintree owner. I fell in love with the Raintree Condo at the first sight. Raintree was my first property visit when I decided that I would like to buy a property. It was a satisfactory purchase (in Jan 06). Whatever it is, I am fully contented with my purchase. I loved then and I am still loving it now, cant wait to move in.

Congratulation to the rest of Raintree owners.

I realised that this forum thread reached 25,727 views and 735 replies. Amazing.

yours sincerely
    Your Raintree Neighbour
    Oops its a repeat entry, I didnt realise that my previous entry (see below) went thru.

your neighbour
    from Block 99

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln
    question: what's the difference between a greenery view and reserve view? which blocks are they respectively?
    I believe, as the names suggest, reserve view are Blk 99 which faces BT hill reserve.
    Those blk 91,93,95,97 are the ones that face greenery.

cheers.

kelvin Guest

I'm thinking about it but haven't got down to joining them yet . But I do have a friend who's on it who finds it useful . Prob more useful once we actually move in I think.

There are some comments on this group around pg 10 to 15 , u have to plough thru I'm afraid . Mike himself talked about it .
    If there are useful things/info, please circulate them around.
    Not sure what is the intention of this gp to make it "exclusive".
    We should be helping out one another as RT neighbours.

Unregistered Guest

agree,
    the participants of this forum have been outstanding in making this thread a huge success. There have been distractions along the way, but trouble-makers had failed to make any serious impact to this thread largely because of the sprit, discipline and standard upheld by the owners and supporters of RT

torneil Guest

Maglev trains? Be very afraid... you will get cancer from the radiation!!

If they decide to build the high speed train, most likely the terminal will be at the border (woodland). Even if they decide to use the same route as existing train, there nothing to worry about as current high speed train technology is mainly using levitational technology and the train actually suspends from the track by a couple of mm when it is in motion and does not make direct physical contact with the track beneath it. As such, it will be very quiet in comparing to conventional trains.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by torneil
    Please share your source for the information.

Unregistered Guest

Well, I think there was an article in Straits Times a few days ago on this issue about radiation from Magnetic levitation trains in China.

http://www.shanghaiist.com/archives/...haihangzho.php

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by torneil

Oh Pls! You know how much it is to build Maglev? Totally not feasible for this part of the world. Whoever's willing to finance it must hv too much $$$ to waste. So... don't dream abt it. Will NEVER happen.

Unregistered Guest

It is not about being exclusive, but rather as a form of authentication that you are indeed a RT owner. There are many agents here trying to do funny things. If you are indeed a RT owner, then why not join in? What is your concern if you have not join in yet?

Unregistered Guest

It is not about being exclusive, but rather as a form of authentication that you are indeed a RT owner. There are many agents here trying to do funny things. If you are indeed a RT owner, then why not join in? What is your concern if you have not join in yet?
    Exclusive site for RT owners?
    Does it mean everyone on that site must be owners?
    Does it mean that every comments made will be of quality and with everyone interest in mind?
    I understand that some property agents and constractors bought units at RT as well, so what is the reason to believe there will not be agents there trying to do the funny things?
    The beauty of this site is that everyone are welcome to participate, but since it is an open forum, nothing can be taken for granted and everyone has to exercise judgement in assessing the information and comment posted. This is actually what makes this site great.

Unregistered Guest

Fact is, if you're not an owner, e discussion in this forum will probably suffice. Any owner's gp will serve as a more personal discussion avenue for e owners to settle nitty gritty stuff pre-TOP

Unregistered Guest

I agree, public forum is sufficient. Why gatecrash people's "AGM" if you have no vested interest?

Ron Guest

Wink Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

every condo has its own private mailing list, unless you stay in that condo u don't need to know the dirty linen that's hanging

kelvin Guest

Fact is, if you're not an owner, e discussion in this forum will probably suffice. Any owner's gp will serve as a more personal discussion avenue for e owners to settle nitty gritty stuff pre-TOP
    I do agree if there are personal stuff that u guys may not wish to share.
    But for things that may benefit others especially the RT owners, do share in future.
    Regardless of information provided, we should be able to sieve out the genuine ones from those agents' comments.