Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17222732374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1591

Thread: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I believe majority will go for wooden strips coverting the planter box to a mini balcony just like what they did with the show flat.
    Agree, but what kind of guidelines are there regarding this?

Some forumers at skyscrapercity, living at City Lights have said that it's not possible to lay timber strips over the planter to convert into a balcony.

Just wondering here..is the approval dependent on the developer?

No RT Guest

Raintree is not exactly near cilivilisation. And Hillview wont kena ERP lah. Do check your facts or else it affects your credibility. Also, Raintree looks jaded for a brand new development somehow. In any case, the prices at RT ain't much higher than Hillview despite it being brand new, which says a lot about its desirability or lack of. Once it gets older, I can't imagine how the prices will move, with many freehold condos nearby. There're more sellers at RT than entire Hillview combined. Look at classifieds...
    Quote Originally Posted by no brainer
    Are you one of those Hillview owners who can't get rid your units?

Everyone who buys properties know that location is one of the most important factors. Hillview is further down from civilization and will also kenna ERP when you drive down...There is also the demand and supply factors in play- Hillview has so many so many so many developments, you can throw a stone in any location and it'll hit something. Of course, if you want to consider Hillview, you better go for freehold.
    But for a development so close to Bukit Timah, brand new... current prices are still a steal.GardenVista is selling for 1200psf and Jardin 1800psf.
    Alternatively, you can choose to wait out the boom whilst the rest enjoy their new homes for the next few years~ at the end of the day, it's just a matter of how deep your pockets are? For the people who can afford it, there is no such thing as overpriced. Look at how some people are spending easily 10m for a house at Nassim Residences... For those who can't afford it... they'll be stuck here commenting about how over priced things are...

Cheers.

hillview yeah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No RT
    Raintree is not exactly near cilivilisation. And Hillview wont kena ERP lah. Do check your facts or else it affects your credibility. Also, Raintree looks jaded for a brand new development somehow. In any case, the prices at RT ain't much higher than Hillview despite it being brand new, which says a lot about its desirability or lack of. Once it gets older, I can't imagine how the prices will move, with many freehold condos nearby. There're more sellers at RT than entire Hillview combined. Look at classifieds...
    then Hillview is your choice my pal... if what you like is no privacy with condos all around no matter which direction you look...and not brand new developments...and if FREEHOLD is so important to you... regardless of the fact that there are so many freehold ones in Hilllview anyway...

spend your money where you like... =) Raintree is for people who appreciate the close proximity to the nature reserve and across the road from Bukit Timah Plaza and eateries... no other development in sight from your windows and an absolutely peaceful environment to go home to after work everyday.

Unregistered456 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hpoirot
    Agree, but what kind of guidelines are there regarding this?

Some forumers at skyscrapercity, living at City Lights have said that it's not possible to lay timber strips over the planter to convert into a balcony.

Just wondering here..is the approval dependent on the developer?
    quite a few of the residents have already converted to balcony.. shldn't be a problem to do that?

Peaceful at HV Guest

Just a casual observer who stay in D11 but I hv friends and relatives stay at Hillview and the view is superb. Largely because Hillview is surrounded by 3 nature reserves - so many units will face nature reserves somehow - be it Bukit Timah, Bt Batok nature reserve, Bt Batok Town Park or Dairy Farm reserve. Also developments are HUGE and based on the older resort-style design with units surrounding a big free-style infiniti pool - no problem of privacy at all. Units facing outside usually face nature reserves. Try visiting some of the developments - they're nice and peaceful. In fact, I notice most new developments have a very small pool with units looking at each other within the same development! Lagi worse! As for RT, is it the low-lying dark-brownish one behind Southhaven? Just bear in mind RT is a LH project in a predominently FH area and latest govt stand (read BT) that the default is LH will not be topped up going forward and at a huge price as well. Try benchmarking the spread between LH (Sherwood, Bukit View, Gardenvista etc.) and FH in the same area b4 making the purchase. This place just TOP and it will fetch a slight premium known as the "TOP premium" which will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by hillview yeah
    then Hillview is your choice my pal... if what you like is no privacy with condos all around no matter which direction you look...and not brand new developments...and if FREEHOLD is so important to you... regardless of the fact that there are so many freehold ones in Hilllview anyway...

spend your money where you like... =) Raintree is for people who appreciate the close proximity to the nature reserve and across the road from Bukit Timah Plaza and eateries... no other development in sight from your windows and an absolutely peaceful environment to go home to after work everyday.

valuebuyer Guest

Default Thank you for helping to talk down RT

I was eyeing to buy a unit at RT in fourth quarter of 2007 when all my friends told me to wait as prices will be coming down in 2008. Unfortunately, prices had gone from 700+ psf to 800 plus now. Heard from my agents that there were units already transacted at over 900 psf. The way things are gioing, I guess very likely I will have no choice, but to get a unit at Hillview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful at HV
    Just a casual observer who stay in D11 but I hv friends and relatives stay at Hillview and the view is superb. Largely because Hillview is surrounded by 3 nature reserves - so many units will face nature reserves somehow - be it Bukit Timah, Bt Batok nature reserve, Bt Batok Town Park or Dairy Farm reserve. Also developments are HUGE and based on the older resort-style design with units surrounding a big free-style infiniti pool - no problem of privacy at all. Units facing outside usually face nature reserves. Try visiting some of the developments - they're nice and peaceful. In fact, I notice most new developments have a very small pool with units looking at each other within the same development! Lagi worse! As for RT, is it the low-lying dark-brownish one behind Southhaven? Just bear in mind RT is a LH project in a predominently FH area and latest govt stand (read BT) that the default is LH will not be topped up going forward and at a huge price as well. Try benchmarking the spread between LH (Sherwood, Bukit View, Gardenvista etc.) and FH in the same area b4 making the purchase. This place just TOP and it will fetch a slight premium known as the "TOP premium" which will go away.

HoP Guest

Or you can just wait. When a property just TOP, it will attract one group of buyers who (i) Only buy things new (ii) Need to see the real thing and not showflats, and hence fetch a premium. Once people start moving in and sell as a resale, the premium will disappear. There is a recent RT transaction at $511psf (go nationpropert.sg) but most are $800psf. Know your downside potential. Even Hillview properties don't go that low now.
    Quote Originally Posted by valuebuyer
    I was eyeing to buy a unit at RT in fourth quarter of 2007 when all my friends told me to wait as prices will be coming down in 2008. Unfortunately, prices had gone from 700+ psf to 800 plus now. Heard from my agents that there were units already transacted at over 900 psf. The way things are gioing, I guess very likely I will have no choice, but to get a unit at Hillview.

Unregg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HoP
    Or you can just wait. When a property just TOP, it will attract one group of buyers who (i) Only buy things new (ii) Need to see the real thing and not showflats, and hence fetch a premium. Once people start moving in and sell as a resale, the premium will disappear. There is a recent RT transaction at $511psf (go nationpropert.sg) but most are $800psf. Know your downside potential. Even Hillview properties don't go that low now.
    the $511 transaction is the sort bought from developer last time but lawyers didn't lodge caveat until recently. no unit will transact at $511 in this market. the previous writer is right to say that most units are transacting above $750psf now and above. If you don't know the current market then don't pretend to- you can check URA and the numbers are there.

Unregg Guest

Some FH Hillview ones are not necessarily much cheaper on a psf basis... and the location is way off. You can keep looking out for RT units maybe some sellers will lower their asking price if they can't get what they want. If budget is a problem then the railway facing units are most likely to give you value for money.

ha ha ha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No RT
    You obviously don't understand the rules of demand and supply... only when there is demand there is a supply. There is absolutely no demand for your Hillview units too so there's no supply. Even with so much supply of sellers selling at Raintree the transacted prices remain so high, it goes to show how much demand there are for the units. As for your Hillview ones... Hahaha, good luck to you! Cheers!

Uncivilised Guest

I am not sure why the Raintree residents are always so uncultured. Surely you can try to justify why it's a good time to buy RT now instead of just laughing at people like an idiotic child? People are just bringing up discussion points. Bear in mind the condos in Hillview are close to 10 years but are still fetching decent prices. If one would like to compare apples with apples, perhaps the comparison shd be RT vs the new launches in the Hillview area? Hillvista or Park Natura. There is no need to resort to putting down other people's property as bad location etc. when the new launches are fetching better prices despite not being to fetch immediate rental yields. What makes you say there is absolutely no demand for Hillview properties? Why kind of crowd stays at RT? I will think twice. I don't even stay at Hillview but I find their comments well thought out and sensible, and do not resort to name-calling. It's a different class I supposed.

Quote Originally Posted by ha ha ha
    You obviously don't understand the rules of demand and supply... only when there is demand there is a supply. There is absolutely no demand for your Hillview units too so there's no supply. Even with so much supply of sellers selling at Raintree the transacted prices remain so high, it goes to show how much demand there are for the units. As for your Hillview ones... Hahaha, good luck to you! Cheers!

valuebuyer Guest

You are not just uncivilized, you are probably unintelligent as well as I don't see the point in assuming that those who made positive comments muct be RT residents and those who don't must be residents of Hillview. I did not manage to get an unit when the price was lower than now, but what is the point of trashing things that you can't get like a little child?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncivilised
    I am not sure why the Raintree residents are always so uncultured. Surely you can try to justify why it's a good time to buy RT now instead of just laughing at people like an idiotic child? People are just bringing up discussion points. Bear in mind the condos in Hillview are close to 10 years but are still fetching decent prices. If one would like to compare apples with apples, perhaps the comparison shd be RT vs the new launches in the Hillview area? Hillvista or Park Natura. There is no need to resort to putting down other people's property as bad location etc. when the new launches are fetching better prices despite not being to fetch immediate rental yields. What makes you say there is absolutely no demand for Hillview properties? Why kind of crowd stays at RT? I will think twice. I don't even stay at Hillview but I find their comments well thought out and sensible, and do not resort to name-calling. It's a different class I supposed.

Just buy RT Guest

No wonder you're looking at 99LH at Bukit Timah... Why be 2nd rate when there're FH nearby with good value? Bukit Timah is an old money area - reason why there is a huge diff between the FH and LH for the same-age property here is becos people with old money prefer to have FH properties for their future generation. I'm in the property line and notice that HDB upgraders are usually not too particular about the LH vs FH because it's immediate gratification at lower price - and usually snap the LH properties. If you like LH, why not go for better location with amenities? LH in not-good location is a bad choice. I can see you'r equite fixated on RT and not listening to opposing views. At the end of the day, it's your own call and budget. Just buy RT and don't regret.

You are not just uncivilized, you are probably unintelligent as well as I don't see the point in assuming that those who made positive comments muct be RT residents and those who don't must be residents of Hillview. I did not manage to get an unit when the price was lower than now, but what is the point of trashing things that you can't get like a little child?

Raintree Owner Guest

Hi all,

Speaking in my capacity as a Raintree owner, I reckon it is probably unfair to label Raintree owners as being crass and a group with absolutely no class. Moreover, the identities of forum contributors here are always shrouded in secrecy, thus it is probably not possible to get a representative sample of Raintree owners in a place like this. Anyway, just my ten cents' worth, based on my experience at the place so far, I must admit that as far as my bias towards my place goes, it has been an absolute gem for me. The views are amazing; imagine being able to look out of your windows and see monkeys playing around in the trees and squirrels scurrying around on the branches. Indeed, the Raintree does offer an unique experience of being in an un-Singaporean environment; no hustle and bustle associated with the city life and an environment that makes one feel as though he or she is lounging around in a resort setting in a faraway land (it looks vaguely familiar like Bora Bora, the isles in Tahiti - or at least city workers like me like to imagine it to be).

Obviously, there are downsides as well; the overall build quality and the standards of the facilities and amentities used could be better in my opinion. Likewise, the closeness to nature means that you often have members from the insect kingdom (of all shapes and sizes at times) as our immediate neighbours. As for guys who have been through NS like me, the sounds of the jungle do bring back memories of NS, be it a good or bad thing. However, I guess in life, you do gain some and lose some, thus these are not things that I am overly concerned with, having made the decision to live with them in the first place.

The Raintree is definitely not for anyone in my opinion, it really boils down to the perennial reason vs passion debate. For practical home dwellers, the Raintree will probably not even feature on their list, since the secluded nature of the development means that accessibility is definitely an issue for people highly dependent on public transport means. For people looking for something very different, something that makes one feel as though he or she is living in a retreat, one that probably brings you back into our primitive past as jungle dwellers and the experience of living in an un-Singaporean-like environment in Singapore, then the Raintree probably fits you to a stitch. There are things in life that money cannot buy, but luckily for a simple bloke like me, I was fortunate enough to purchase an unique living experience and to be able to even gain access to that experience is something that I will gladly part any money for. And that is my ten cents' worth. Cheers!

Unregistered_Naturelover Guest

I am a nature lover - lived somewhere off the city, among trees, squirrels, insects, mozzies included. No main roads. Look out of the windows, can't see humans. One of those rare places where you can sleep with windows wide open.

RT's environment is serene and lovely. Unfortunately, the developer had great difficulty selling off the project when it was launched. I believe partly because of its accessibility plus it is 99 LH. Don't mean to be negative, but upside in value is limited, probably explains why not as popular.

An agent told me one of the owners wanted to give him an exclusive to sell her unit. She was one of the original buyers, but wanted him to sell her unit urgently, at $800psf, promised 2% comm, on condition that he must advertise 2x weekly. He declined. His rationale is, in a quiet market, can advertise everyday, yet may not achieve that price.

2 years ago I told You,
    High end going up and up,
    Missed the potty a year ago.
    2 months ago I told You,
    Mid end going up and up,
    Now you goin to miss it all once again....

raintreeowner Guest

When I bought my unit one year ago at 600psf, my agent told me by TOP time, it will touch 800 psf. It actually exceeded expectation and how often an agent manage to underestimate thing in a sale talk? That is rare indeed and the agent even experenced agent does not know why value at RT is still climbing and I am sure you are no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered_Naturelover
    I am a nature lover - lived somewhere off the city, among trees, squirrels, insects, mozzies included. No main roads. Look out of the windows, can't see humans. One of those rare places where you can sleep with windows wide open.

RT's environment is serene and lovely. Unfortunately, the developer had great difficulty selling off the project when it was launched. I believe partly because of its accessibility plus it is 99 LH. Don't mean to be negative, but upside in value is limited, probably explains why not as popular.

An agent told me one of the owners wanted to give him an exclusive to sell her unit. She was one of the original buyers, but wanted him to sell her unit urgently, at $800psf, promised 2% comm, on condition that he must advertise 2x weekly. He declined. His rationale is, in a quiet market, can advertise everyday, yet may not achieve that price.

rain owner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raintree Owner
    Hi all,

Speaking in my capacity as a Raintree owner, I reckon it is probably unfair to label Raintree owners as being crass and a group with absolutely no class. Moreover, the identities of forum contributors here are always shrouded in secrecy, thus it is probably not possible to get a representative sample of Raintree owners in a place like this. Anyway, just my ten cents' worth, based on my experience at the place so far, I must admit that as far as my bias towards my place goes, it has been an absolute gem for me. The views are amazing; imagine being able to look out of your windows and see monkeys playing around in the trees and squirrels scurrying around on the branches. Indeed, the Raintree does offer an unique experience of being in an un-Singaporean environment; no hustle and bustle associated with the city life and an environment that makes one feel as though he or she is lounging around in a resort setting in a faraway land (it looks vaguely familiar like Bora Bora, the isles in Tahiti - or at least city workers like me like to imagine it to be).

Obviously, there are downsides as well; the overall build quality and the standards of the facilities and amentities used could be better in my opinion. Likewise, the closeness to nature means that you often have members from the insect kingdom (of all shapes and sizes at times) as our immediate neighbours. As for guys who have been through NS like me, the sounds of the jungle do bring back memories of NS, be it a good or bad thing. However, I guess in life, you do gain some and lose some, thus these are not things that I am overly concerned with, having made the decision to live with them in the first place.

The Raintree is definitely not for anyone in my opinion, it really boils down to the perennial reason vs passion debate. For practical home dwellers, the Raintree will probably not even feature on their list, since the secluded nature of the development means that accessibility is definitely an issue for people highly dependent on public transport means. For people looking for something very different, something that makes one feel as though he or she is living in a retreat, one that probably brings you back into our primitive past as jungle dwellers and the experience of living in an un-Singaporean-like environment in Singapore, then the Raintree probably fits you to a stitch. There are things in life that money cannot buy, but luckily for a simple bloke like me, I was fortunate enough to purchase an unique living experience and to be able to even gain access to that experience is something that I will gladly part any money for. And that is my ten cents' worth. Cheers!
    Well say. I'm one of the owner there too....enjoy staying there for 3 weeks already. Reach home after meal drinking red wine at balcony facing serene greenery very relax and peaceful. Nite time very cooling and morning air is fresh!

Unregistered 888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered_Naturelover

$800 PSF is definitely achievable, quite a few units have passed $800PSF mark.. it's on URA records

Unregistered_999 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered 888
    $800 PSF is definitely achievable, quite a few units have passed $800PSF mark.. it's on URA records
    Not for too long......

Unregistered 000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered_999
    Not for too long......
    We'll see...happy waiting for the prices to drop like you wish...!

Unregistered999 Guest

Question Current Pricing

THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,090,000 1,335 817 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,080,000 1,335 809 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,230,000 1,378 893 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,000,000 1,292 774 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,080,000 1,313 822 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 910,000 1,270 716 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,200,000 1,507 796 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,111,000 1,507 737 May-08

It seems like the prices for this development is still going up despite the current weak property market sentiments.

Agree Guest

Confirmed with property agents that most condo project were experienced a dip in price during the last 2-3 months. This one is one of the few that is still in up-trend. It is not difficult to explain though: location, location and location...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered999
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,090,000 1,335 817 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,080,000 1,335 809 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,230,000 1,378 893 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,000,000 1,292 774 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,080,000 1,313 822 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 910,000 1,270 716 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,200,000 1,507 796 May-08
    THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,111,000 1,507 737 May-08

It seems like the prices for this development is still going up despite the current weak property market sentiments.

TOP Guest

Explanation is "just TOP" just like Parc Infinia is on an uptrend. This is not fantastic location. Look at some of the 99LH transacted prices in the same area and you'll understand. Nevertheless, it will attract a certain group who want new properties and want to see the real thing. Anyway, for a brand new condo, the prices were in line. Even Lakeshore fetch better prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agree
    Confirmed with property agents that most condo project were experienced a dip in price during the last 2-3 months. This one is one of the few that is still in up-trend. It is not difficult to explain though: location, location and location...

Unregistered00 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Agree
    raintree only appeals to a select group of people. it will only sell when there is a boom.

hahahahahahaha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered00
    raintree only appeals to a select group of people. it will only sell when there is a boom.
    by "select" you mean "high class"?

don't make me laugh! oops i already am!

Judge Guest

Select means: folks who very much to be around Nature and yet can afford to pay a premium to get it.

Many very wealthy peoples enjoys living in bustling city and would not care about Nature or health or both. They like to party everynight and you can find many of those in new your city.

Quote Originally Posted by hahahahahahaha

Nirwana Guest

The sounds of nature at night abuzz with invisible life, in the pitch black with not a single distant light. The dew, the rain, the sight of furry squirrels without a damn, chasing up and down atop branches and trees. A connection that is near impossible in Singapore, but available to me as I sit and savour my moments at the planter box.

I feel wealthy :-)

scared Guest

Hantu is coming

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hahahahahahaha

goodness, you don't even know what is 'select'!