Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1116212631363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1591

Thread: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    the mass-end condos in spore are definitely not supported by foreigners, most buyers are locals, if not they wouldn't be called mass-end. don't forgot that the government is trying to push the spore population up to 6 million people, and they can't find additional 2 mio sporeans whom can afford those super-luxurious high-end condos (since the super rich are only the selective few), where would they buy? they would buy mass-end condos or HDB.

these so call additional 2 million singaporeans wouldn't flee spore when there is a crisis like SARs, since they have a long term objective to stay here for good (if not they wouldn't take up citzenship). whereas the hedge funds who bought into the high-end mkt would cash out.

the environment NOW is so different from prior to Asian Crisis, it would be TOO SIMPLISTIC to say that high-end property would hold better than mass-end private properties, if mkt collapse.

Yes, owners of mass condo projects are mostly locals, but good percentage of residents living in those condos are foreigners. If foreigners population suddenly drops (happen three times in the last 12 years), occupancy rate for mass condo projects will drop suddenly and sharply for sure. When your one million dollar property can only fetch 1500 dollars rent, the next thing you know is that if you want to sell, you can only sell at half-price. Many owners who bought their properties in 1995-97 were caught in situation like this for quite a long time (approximately ten years). I wish the property price do continue to go up and these owners will have a chance to exit and may even make a small profit. It is about time next generation of daredevils to experience a new economic cycle of up-and-down

Unregistered Guest

Yes, owners of mass condo projects are mostly locals, but good percentage of residents living in those condos are foreigners. If foreigners population suddenly drops (happen three times in the last 12 years), occupancy rate for mass condo projects will drop suddenly and sharply for sure. When your one million dollar property can only fetch 1500 dollars rent, the next thing you know is that if you want to sell, you can only sell at half-price. Many owners who bought their properties in 1995-97 were caught in situation like this for quite a long time (approximately ten years). I wish the property price do continue to go up and these owners will have a chance to exit and may even make a small profit. It is about time next generation of daredevils to experience a new economic cycle of up-and-down
    Even population of forgniers don't drop, we will have a big over supply problem in 2010 onwards. I doubt releasing more lands is the right solution for solving the problem today as it will only aggravate the problem of over supply in few years time. The main force in causing the current frenzy, in my view, is the enbloc fever. Imagine you are the devloper owning so much lands, the values of your profolios of land are going to swell rapidly. I believe this is the reason developer is more than happy to push up the market and buying up enbloc land at high price turns out to be a very potent trick. This trick is not new in stock market and it is a prime trick used by stockist when they want to unload the shares to the masses by pushing up the price.

Unregistered Guest

I m so darn sick of hearing you people agruging about $$$. Shouldn't we be talking about more things like updates on TOP dates, recent progress of the development, etc?
    Truly agreed with you.Understand that TOP should be first quarter of 2008.
    Anybody has any idea how or what developer intends to plant/do beyond RT's fencing outside blk 83/81?
    As well as those facing the railways?

Unregistered Guest

Truly agreed with you.Understand that TOP should be first quarter of 2008.
    Anybody has any idea how or what developer intends to plant/do beyond RT's fencing outside blk 83/81?
    As well as those facing the railways?
    developer should put up electric fencing to deter monkey from coming into
    RT

Unregistered Guest

RT
    If so, when someday Singapore becomes "anything goes" city like London and New York and the rate of increase of rising crime outpace rate of increase in jail space, RT can be taken back by Govt to be used as maximum secuirty prison.

Unregistered Guest

seemed that the rail-facing unit that was sold for$489 psf in Jun on URA website was a direct developer sale (most prob a reserved unit by the developer). got quite alot of new data from ura on the new prop developments/pricing. have a look.

Unregistered Guest

RT
    Good suggestion! The voltage is different from those of high security and serves as a deterrent. It need not look like a high security area but can look classy if the developer knows how to make the best out of it. Electric consumption will not be high as voltage is low. Of course the most wonderful and best for the monkeys'welfare would be having the cooperation of every human being refraining from feeding the monkeys. That maybe too assuming,as we will may get some naive and inconsiderates who will do it on purpose.

Unregistered Guest

Here are some pics.

Unregistered Guest

RT
    I totally agree with you. The electric must be able to execute the monkeys, but before that, they must whine in excruciating pain before they die infront of their fellow monkeys. And then all RT residents, as common property owners, will have their children and elderly (who act like monkeys or lose balance like monkeys) suffer the same way when they touch the fence. These monkeys and children must then be hanged on the nature reserve trees to scare off all the other monkeys. My point: Whoever put up that stupid suggestion should reveal his true identity - how disgusting! I hope you will not end up as RT residents' committee president. Yikes...

Unregistered Guest

I heard alot of China and Indian foreigners bot RT.

Unregistered Guest

I heard alot of China and Indian foreigners bot RT.
    Yeah, I seen them. In fact they are already staying there as they need to build the development.

Unregistered Guest

I totally agree with you. The electric must be able to execute the monkeys, but before that, they must whine in excruciating pain before they die infront of their fellow monkeys. And then all RT residents, as common property owners, will have their children and elderly (who act like monkeys or lose balance like monkeys) suffer the same way when they touch the fence. These monkeys and children must then be hanged on the nature reserve trees to scare off all the other monkeys. My point: Whoever put up that stupid suggestion should reveal his true identity - how disgusting! I hope you will not end up as RT residents' committee president. Yikes...
    You must be a sicko to write in such a manner!Harbouring such ill thoughts of children and the elderly!

Unregistered Guest

RT
    I do not mean to electrocute them but just a shock as to deter them.

Do not get me wrong.

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Anyone know how much advance notice will one be given before official TOP?

In most cases, one could expect ready occupation about 6 months prior to the official expected TOP date from developer (which is Dec 08 for RT). Is there any guidelines on the time frame?

Are there any legal considerations for the developer if they decide they can finished construction earlier and TOP 2 or 3 years or well in advance ahead of official expected TOP?

Would people who's on deferred payment "objected" to too early TOP if they are not urgently looking for a place to stay?

After completion, there's supposed to be a site inspection/survey. Roughly how long is this going to take?

Judging at the rate of construction going on at RT, looks like there is a chance they could finish before or by the end of this year. What's your views on this?

Unregistered Guest

Ok guys it's game over. the stat says it all. $489psf for the most recently transacted by developer just 2 weeks ago. Those who paid flippers higher than this price have been taken for a ride - a big ride. People trying to by now, beware. Don't be taken in for a ride. If asking prices are too high, just walk. It's not worth it.

Unregistered Guest

Anyone know how much advance notice will one be given before official TOP?

In most cases, one could expect ready occupation about 6 months prior to the official expected TOP date from developer (which is Dec 08 for RT). Is there any guidelines on the time frame?

Are there any legal considerations for the developer if they decide they can finished construction earlier and TOP 2 or 3 years or well in advance ahead of official expected TOP?

Would people who's on deferred payment "objected" to too early TOP if they are not urgently looking for a place to stay?

After completion, there's supposed to be a site inspection/survey. Roughly how long is this going to take?

Judging at the rate of construction going on at RT, looks like there is a chance they could finish before or by the end of this year. What's your views on this?
    RT may not top at all if environmental group brings the matter to court, to close for fear of killing the monkeys and snakes and insects, and the nature reserve. C'mom, environmentalists, this is your chance to shine in Singapore and create a presence. Stop RT from opening its door.

Unregistered Guest

Yeah, I seen them. In fact they are already staying there as they need to build the development.
    Possible. The construction workers might have bought pooled their resources to buy one unit. Then all of them will stay in that unit when it's topped. Could be more than 30. This is possible. Can anyone confirm?

Unregistered Guest

Excellent satire by the above forummer on the stupid suggestion by one would-be owner to have electric fence. Totally agree with you - how disgusting that person is.

Unregistered Guest

RT may not top at all if environmental group brings the matter to court, to close for fear of killing the monkeys and snakes and insects, and the nature reserve. C'mom, environmentalists, this is your chance to shine in Singapore and create a presence. Stop RT from opening its door.
    Are you on drugs? Had you just landed in Singapore yesterday?

RT is at, but not within, the perimenter, of the huge piece of land marked as the "nature reserve". For hard core idiotic environmentists like yourself, the only thing would make you happy is that we all get out of the precious land of Singapore. Luckily, unlike some western countries that Govts do spend huge resources in dealing with nonsense like this, you will not even be able to find a lawyers in Singapore who will be stupid enough to file lawsuit like this on your behalf

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

So back to the original (possibly only sensible) question on this board. Any more news on the TOP date? I spoke with somone at the developer the other day and they said three months early. Surely that can't be right?! I was there on Sunday and they have already started putting in plants and doing landscaping.... the boundary wall is complete and the guardhouse at the gate has been erected.

Was disappointed to see that there weren't any watchtowers, machine gun nests and electric fences though :-) But I did see a few monkeys in there. I had a word with them and they've bought a unit in Blk 87.

Unregistered Guest

So back to the original (possibly only sensible) question on this board. Any more news on the TOP date? I spoke with somone at the developer the other day and they said three months early. Surely that can't be right?! I was there on Sunday and they have already started putting in plants and doing landscaping.... the boundary wall is complete and the guardhouse at the gate has been erected.

Was disappointed to see that there weren't any watchtowers, machine gun nests and electric fences though :-) But I did see a few monkeys in there. I had a word with them and they've bought a unit in Blk 87.
    There are many miute details before the condo will be ready, especially electrical, wiring, sewerage, pipes and drainage. These will drag the TOP date. 3 months early is about right. Maybe later.

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

No, lah. I work in construction and I don't believe that they need another 15 months for this development.

Unregistered Guest

No, lah. I work in construction and I don't believe that they need another 15 months for this development.
    It will take about a year to chase the monkeys away. I hope the two provision shops in RT will not sell potato chips. I know the monkeys love them. They must be having a field day treating the current RT as their dwellings. Once it's ready, they would be thinking that the humans have invaded them and they can become hostile. Like a war you know. All humans staying there will be there enemies. Hope they don't ambush us when we drive or walk in.

Unregistered Guest

Yeh.....saw the monkeys too and they told me they will be holding a housewarming party by the poolside for all their relatives and good friends staying at the nature reserve this coming Sunday at 7pm sharp! Gate-crashers are not welcome

Unregistered Guest

Yeh.....saw the monkeys too and they told me they will be holding a housewarming party by the poolside for all their relatives and good friends staying at the nature reserve this coming Sunday at 7pm sharp! Gate-crashers are not welcome
    It really will not be a problem if we live and act like the monkeys do. It will be a truly holistic nature-reserve experience of a lifetime. And that's for life.

Unregistered Guest

It really will not be a problem if we live and act like the monkeys do. It will be a truly holistic nature-reserve experience of a lifetime. And that's for life.
    Let's stop all the monkey business and talk about the TOP date instead. Anyone has insider information of the progress of RT? Heard from two contractors on site that it is totally doable at the end of year and latest Jan-Feb. any comment?

Unregistered Guest

Let's stop all the monkey business and talk about the TOP date instead. Anyone has insider information of the progress of RT? Heard from two contractors on site that it is totally doable at the end of year and latest Jan-Feb. any comment?

look out for the tower crane, last week the 2nd tower crane was dismantled,
    when the last crane is dismantle, within three months after crane is brought
    down, that will be the TOP (Feb/Mar 08)

Unregistered Guest

look out for the tower crane, last week the 2nd tower crane was dismantled,
    when the last crane is dismantle, within three months after crane is brought
    down, that will be the TOP (Feb/Mar 08)
    You mean after TOP, we can all do our monkey business there. Hooray!

Unregistered Guest

You mean after TOP, we can all do our monkey business there. Hooray!

Forummers here do have a good sense of humour....hahahaha..

Unregistered Guest

Forummers here do have a good sense of humour....hahahaha..
    Thanks for many outstanding contributions to this thread. Heard from the agents that even buyers from overseas are making inquiry about RT.
    Many ready buyers are eyeing RT and hoping there will be a dip in asking price. With so many would be buyers are waiting, if you want to cash in, the best time to sell is after TOP.