Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1015202530353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1591

Thread: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by MT
    Would anybody comments on "Once RT TOP", what will be the possible psf it could reached?

a. 700 - 800 psf
    b. 800 - 900 psf
    c. 900 - 1000 psf
    d. Above 1000psf
    f. It will not be above 700psf

It will be better if you have some reasoning behind your choice. Let's poll!
    I think Raintree will up some further to 800-850psf and stable at this level until TOP, Gardenvista will go up to 1000-1100psf and stable there...however market is something hard to predict, otherwise everyone makes good investment decision. In real world, few people get it right. For me, get right home at comfortable price is most important -))

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MT
    Would anybody comments on "Once RT TOP", what will be the possible psf it could reached?

a. 700 - 800 psf
    b. 800 - 900 psf
    c. 900 - 1000 psf
    d. Above 1000psf
    f. It will not be above 700psf

It will be better if you have some reasoning behind your choice. Let's poll!
    I heard transacted price now already 700psf. If TOP, should be b because right now buyers only look at floor plans to buy. With real units, prices can go up to this level.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I heard transacted price now already 700psf. If TOP, should be b because right now buyers only look at floor plans to buy. With real units, prices can go up to this level.
    Transaction now already hot $800 psf. By TOP, it should be (c), if things are still looking up by then....

Unregistered Guest

The Linear subsales already asking $900psf. You guys better buck up!!

Unregistered Guest

I have a very nice corner unit at Block 97 Stack 38... high floor. 1313sqft. Already has few offers between $960-990K. Owner only willing to consider above $1mil. Serious seller. Interested buyers can drop me an email at [email protected] TQ

Unregistered Guest

The Linear subsales already asking $900psf. You guys better buck up!!
    XIAO. 550psf i also dunwan.

Unregistered Guest

I have a very nice corner unit at Block 97 Stack 38... high floor. 1313sqft. Already has few offers between $960-990K. Owner only willing to consider above $1mil. Serious seller. Interested buyers can drop me an email at [email protected] TQ
    700k i still wan to consider first.

Unregistered Guest

The point that I tried to make is not about GV, but I tried to highlight the perception in values between Bukit Timah and upper bukit timah. GV is at the edge of Bukit Timah and RT is at the edge of upper bukit Timah. The difference between these two condos is about 1Km, but the preception is that GV deserve far higher price than RT. If you compare hillview to GV, I have no problem to see GV is at much better location than hillview. RT is a different story. It is going to be a very private (nature reserve and with its own road leading up to the ground) estate, and yet convenient location (as I said during morning rush hrs, you can easily beat folks living at GV and Nexus to many destinations in Singapore). I believe RT offers excellent area in that area. Unfortunately, price has gone up, but so as those lousy condos in Bukit Panjang.
    The truth is, both are lousy lar.

Unregistered Guest

700k i still wan to consider first.
    I think you will have very good chance to get it at 700K in 2012. Hope you have a place to stay to wait it out

Unregistered Guest

The truth is, both are lousy lar.
    I would rather use all my money to buy one of the penthouses at Orchard Residences rather than owning 20 of these mass condo units. Everyone knows booming economy the real beneficiary for booming economy are the ultra rich.

Ordinary man on the street are so grateful just to feel their job security is not at stake when the conomy are doing well. They would not bother to complain if their bosses did not give them a cent raise. Part of the success of Singapore is to instill this sort of mentality into ordinary people so they will never be easy to pleased and will never be a trouble makers.

When super rich compete with super rich in getting a prime piece of property, you will really see some serious actions. When 20million investment turns into 50 million, it is certainly serious profit for the member of the exclusive club. This is the same phenomenon, be it in HK, London, Shanghai or Tokyo. They would not both to waste time with mass condo projects because there are many investment they can spend their money on time on other than property.

Unregistered Guest

I would rather use all my money to buy one of the penthouses at Orchard Residences rather than owning 20 of these mass condo units. Everyone knows booming economy the real beneficiary for booming economy are the ultra rich.

Ordinary man on the street are so grateful just to feel their job security is not at stake when the conomy are doing well. They would not bother to complain if their bosses did not give them a cent raise. Part of the success of Singapore is to instill this sort of mentality into ordinary people so they will never be easy to pleased and will never be a trouble makers.

When super rich compete with super rich in getting a prime piece of property, you will really see some serious actions. When 20million investment turns into 50 million, it is certainly serious profit for the member of the exclusive club. This is the same phenomenon, be it in HK, London, Shanghai or Tokyo. They would not both to waste time with mass condo projects because there are many investment they can spend their money on time on other than property.
    You tok like u got alot of money like that. go and buy lor. nobody stopping you what.

Unregistered Guest

You tok like u got alot of money like that. go and buy lor. nobody stopping you what.
    I work for an American Bank in the private banking division. I myself not dare to overleverage on mass condo project knowing that market can turn round real quick and market down for mass condo project is not impossible if too many middle income folks have overlervaged during this boom.

Unregistered Guest

I work for an American Bank in the private banking division. I myself not dare to overleverage on mass condo project knowing that market can turn round real quick and market down for mass condo project is not impossible if too many middle income folks have overlervaged during this boom.
    you SHOULD ALSO be aware that the current situation is very different from prior to Asian Crisis, there are now alot of hedge funds in Singapore out who bought tons of high-end property, their average life span is only 2 1/2 years, once these excess liquidity pull out of Singapore, the high-end mkt would crashed. you must also understand that its not only those rich indians/indonesians/chinese whom are in investing in the sing property. At least, singaporeans need a roof over their heads, but not those foreigners. do u understand?

Unregistered Guest

You talk velly the big hor you velly the clever lar. you win lar. you work for AB wat. sooooo smart. you tok so much u go and put your money where your mouth is lor.

Unregistered Guest

You talk velly the big hor you velly the clever lar. you win lar. you work for AB wat. sooooo smart. you tok so much u go and put your money where your mouth is lor.
    I hope you are not one of those who will be living at RT.

Unregistered Guest

Why u worry? U no mass market wat.

Unregistered Guest

you SHOULD ALSO be aware that the current situation is very different from prior to Asian Crisis, there are now alot of hedge funds in Singapore out who bought tons of high-end property, their average life span is only 2 1/2 years, once these excess liquidity pull out of Singapore, the high-end mkt would crashed. you must also understand that its not only those rich indians/indonesians/chinese whom are in investing in the sing property. At least, singaporeans need a roof over their heads, but not those foreigners. do u understand?
    That is exactly the point. Many of those who own super high end property can leave it vacant and might even live there just 1-2 months a year, but not for mass condos. Whether internal or external shocks such as SARS (BTW, the risk of Bird Flu outbreak in asia is much more serious than most peoples realized and this alone will be the reason to wake up to the fact that if there is a meltdown, it could be worse than last) will trigger mass exit of forgniers and unlike other major cities, pivate properties in sinagpore are mostly supported by foregniers. 90% of Singaporeans are living in HDB, do you understand?

Unregistered Guest

Ya thats true - we cant put up with his singlish and pasar style
    of talk....and worse if he turns up to be yr next door neighbour....
    just kidding.

Unregistered Guest

to those who try to talk down the market.... try 10 years later...... hahahahahaaaaa.....

Unregistered Guest

agree,
    can't stand those punks who can't speak nor write out a single complete sentence.

Unregistered Guest

That is exactly the point. Many of those who own super high end property can leave it vacant and might even live there just 1-2 months a year, but not for mass condos. Whether internal or external shocks such as SARS (BTW, the risk of Bird Flu outbreak in asia is much more serious than most peoples realized and this alone will be the reason to wake up to the fact that if there is a meltdown, it could be worse than last) will trigger mass exit of forgniers and unlike other major cities, pivate properties in sinagpore are mostly supported by foregniers. 90% of Singaporeans are living in HDB, do you understand?
    the mass-end condos in spore are definitely not supported by foreigners, most buyers are locals, if not they wouldn't be called mass-end. don't forgot that the government is trying to push the spore population up to 6 million people, and they can't find additional 2 mio sporeans whom can afford those super-luxurious high-end condos (since the super rich are only the selective few), where would they buy? they would buy mass-end condos or HDB.

these so call additional 2 million singaporeans wouldn't flee spore when there is a crisis like SARs, since they have a long term objective to stay here for good (if not they wouldn't take up citzenship). whereas the hedge funds who bought into the high-end mkt would cash out.

the environment NOW is so different from prior to Asian Crisis, it would be TOO SIMPLISTIC to say that high-end property would hold better than mass-end private properties, if mkt collapse.

Unregistered Guest

Aiyo, u talking wat. Luxury condos crash, below condos oso crash wat. Suah Ku will go and buy the crashed luxury condos, so below condos lose steam and also crash lor. It's the reverse wat of now what. Now, Price surge water down to mass market. When crash happens (and sure happen lar), everybody like mountain tortoise go and cheong for the luxury markets. Like the Sail waht, so cheap when launched (bet the developer must be hitting itself against the wall now), any tom, dick and harry oso can buy and that's why so many millionaire tom, dick and harry, and all thanks to foreign funds.

Unregistered Guest

agree,
    can't stand those punks who can't speak nor write out a single complete sentence.
    agree, can't those punk like you who can't even start a sentence with a capital letter. i not so pretensious. i england velly the lousy one.

Unregistered Guest

Ya thats true - we cant put up with his singlish and pasar style
    of talk....and worse if he turns up to be yr next door neighbour....
    just kidding.
    Maybe I am or will be your neighbour.

Unregistered Guest

agree, can't those punk like you who can't even start a sentence with a capital letter. i not so pretensious. i england velly the lousy one.
    I love to have punk as my neighbour. My last punk neighbour got so well fixed up and he ended up checking into IMH for good and signed off his unit to me as a gift

Unregistered Guest

Unregistered Guest

I bet the owner paid about 600K for the unit.
    400K profit is still not enough? I thoughthighest floor unit in the same block was sold a couple of weeks ago in mid-900K only.

Then again, many owners think price should revise upwards weekly. I own two properties myself, including one unit at RT. On one hand, I am happy to see property values rise. Unfortunately, at this point in time, I think the rampant speculative activity in property sector is really not healthy for the long term health of property market and economy in general and I hope some additional measures will be announced soon to cool the speculative activity.

Unregistered Guest

the mass-end condos in spore are definitely not supported by foreigners, most buyers are locals, if not they wouldn't be called mass-end. don't forgot that the government is trying to push the spore population up to 6 million people, and they can't find additional 2 mio sporeans whom can afford those super-luxurious high-end condos (since the super rich are only the selective few), where would they buy? they would buy mass-end condos or HDB.

these so call additional 2 million singaporeans wouldn't flee spore when there is a crisis like SARs, since they have a long term objective to stay here for good (if not they wouldn't take up citzenship). whereas the hedge funds who bought into the high-end mkt would cash out.

the environment NOW is so different from prior to Asian Crisis, it would be TOO SIMPLISTIC to say that high-end property would hold better than mass-end private properties, if mkt collapse.
    Well said. I agree with you. Personally, I think it's all about timing/cycles and living within your means. I'm in my early 30s and have been doing fine in my career. Not the type that will lavish on good/services but determine purchase based on value. Bought a small unit in RT initially meant for my parents' retirement but fell so in love with the place that I have decided to stay. It is just lucky that both my parent's place and mine went recently for enbloc (purely luck and timing) and here I am sitting on some additional cash in hand. Had initially an emotional intention to purchase a larger unit at current price but stopped myself. It's all about value and timing. Not that I cannot afford to pay 1 mil for a unit there but this is no way to spend my money away, remembering the 2005 price I paid for mine. Eventually parked my cash in a triple rated AAA bond yielding 5% PA. I'm still moving around in my shorts and t-shirts and driving an inexpensive car which serves its purpose. I'm waiting for the next opportunity and there is no certain what holds for Singapore in the future but to prepare for the worse.

Then again, its about timing and living within your means.

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Well said. I agree with you. Personally, I think it's all about timing/cycles and living within your means. I'm in my early 30s and have been doing fine in my career. Not the type that will lavish on good/services but determine purchase based on value. Bought a small unit in RT initially meant for my parents' retirement but fell so in love with the place that I have decided to stay. It is just lucky that both my parent's place and mine went recently for enbloc (purely luck and timing) and here I am sitting on some additional cash in hand. Had initially an emotional intention to purchase a larger unit at current price but stopped myself. It's all about value and timing. Not that I cannot afford to pay 1 mil for a unit there but this is no way to spend my money away, remembering the 2005 price I paid for mine. Eventually parked my cash in a triple rated AAA bond yielding 5% PA. I'm still moving around in my shorts and t-shirts and driving an inexpensive car which serves its purpose. I'm waiting for the next opportunity and there is no certain what holds for Singapore in the future but to prepare for the worse.

Then again, its about timing and living within your means.

Enjoy your RT. GOOD LUCK.

Unregistered Guest

I m so darn sick of hearing you people agruging about $$$. Shouldn't we be talking about more things like updates on TOP dates, recent progress of the development, etc?